He Said I Was Special

The Untouchable and Unwanteds

 

It's been a while, hasn't it? ^_^ Thank for all sticking with me though. It so happened I was cleaning up my laptop and I found my file I had on this~ I started on the next chapter, but didn't finish. And now I did!

_________

Sungmin locked his locker and bent down to pick up his books and a pair of well-manicured hands helped him. Sungmin glanced at the person and saw a very pretty girl. Her hair was blonde and unlike a lot of Asians… she looked good with that color.

“Here. Your bag is so big, I figured you’d trip bending down.” Sungmin smiled gratefully at her.

“I’m Jessica Jung. You’re Sungmin right?” Sungmin nodded.

“Yeah. Everyone knows you are Jonghyun’s boyfriend. If I were you, I’d take on a different title.” Sungmin frowned.

“Jonghyun’s a nice guy.” Jessica gave him a small smile, as if she knew a secret and Sungmin didn’t.

“Come on, I’ll walk you to the parking lot. My tutoring doesn’t start until… ten minutes later.” She checked the clock on the wall. Sungmin followed her outside the door and she took his heaviest textbooks. Sungmin instantly liked her.

“You know, we’re all surprised that Jonghyun is still with you.” Jessica said thoughtfully, looking over at a couple snuggling in a corner.

“Really? Why?”

Jessica gave him a look.

“Are you really that derp Sungmin?”

“What do you mean?” They stopped by the gate. Sungmin was starting to get worried.

“Jonghyun doesn’t stay with girls for long. Neither for guys, either. That’s why it’s so weird to see Jonghyun so close to you and for so long.”

“He said I was special.” Jessica gave another one of her sad smiles.

“Hey, !” Jessica blinked and Sungmin turned, seeing Kim Heechul straggling towards them.

“Not going to get the Untouchable too, are you?”

“Go away Heechul.” She whispered. Heechul threw his head back and laughed.

“Why, scared? You should be. Know who your superiors are.” Sungmin hated that way Heechul was treating Jessica. Anger popped in his heart and his hands shook as he snapped at Heechul.

“You are the superior , Kim. The biggest among .” Heechul seethed, knowing that if he laid a finger on Sungmin’s head, Jonghyun would get him. He turned and after. Jessica squeezed Sungmin’s hand.

“Thank you so much Sungminnie.”

“No problem Jessica.” Sungmin smiled and waved goodbye. Jessica pushed a piece of paper in his hand.

“Here, call me if you need help at all okay? Promise?” Sungmin nodded and left. Jessica glanced at his retreating form sadly. If only he knew he may suffer a lot. Jessica sighed and left to her math classroom. Only teachers would tutor her now. Even the usually nice extremely smart people avoided her and refused to help her afterschool.

“Hello Mr. Chun.” Mr. Chun was a Chinese teacher who came to Korea to study more.

“Jessica! Have a seat and we’ll get started.” Jessica sat across from her teacher and checked the clock.

Two more hours before she could go home.

-----------

Sungmin shut his door quietly and tiptoed in his room. He grabbed the house phone on the way and dialed in Kyuhyun’s number. It rang for a few seconds when a voice was heard at the other end.

“Hello?” That definitely wasn’t Kyuhyun. Sungmin felt jealous all of a sudden.

“Hi. Is Kyuhyun there?”

“Kyuhyun?” The girl was talking distantly.

“Hello?” Sungmin asked.

“Wait. Let me check.” She shouted something and some replied.

“No. Sorry. Kyuhyun called home a few minutes ago. He said he’s at Ryeowook’s house now.” There was a pause.

“Who are you?” She asked Sungmin.

“I’m Lee Sungmin. Kyuhyun’s friend at school.”

“Oh! Oh…” The girl said softly.

“I’m Hara. Kyuhyun’s sister. Do you need a ride to his house?”

“No. I’m fine. Thank you very much!” Sungmin hung up and shook his head. How could he have thought Kyuhyun had a girlfriend? He would’ve told him by now. Sungmin picked up the phone again and called Ryeowook’s number. The line was busy and Sungmin hung up, impatient. After a minute he called again and this time Ryeowook picked up right away.

“Min! Hi!” Ryeowook’s high, cheerful voice was heard at the other end.

“Hey. Is Kyuhyun there?” Sungmin could hear Ryeowook giggle.

“No. He’s in the restroom. Do you want to wait? Wait. Don’t. Call him back later. He’s going number two.”

“Oh. All right. I guess I’ll-“

“Wait, Sungmin! I can pass the message to him.” Sungmin paused.

“Actually you can tell me Wook.” Ryeowook clapped on the other line.

“Okay. What do you want to know?”

“About Jessica Jung.” On the other end, Ryeowook stopped stirring the soup. Did Sungmin find out about Jessica?

“Yeah?"

“Does she know Jonghyun?” Ryeowook sighed.

“Look, Sungmin there’s something you’ve got to know. Jonghyun isn’t the loyal sort of person.”

“So I’ve heard.” Sungmin replied dully.

“He’s been through a lot of people in the school, both boys and girls. You know the people who seem to stand and sit alone in the hallways?” Sungmin nodded, but realized Ryeowook couldn’t see him.

“Yeah. What about them?”

“Sungmin, it’s about time you learned about Ms High’s social class. We have the popular people, filled with jocks and Kim Jonghyun. The regular people, then the lower class. Then there are two sorts of… sub groups. The Unwanteds and the Untouchable. The Unwanteds are the people who are alone. They were once Jonghyun’s partner but I mean… who wants Jonghyun’s leftovers? After he’s done things to them?” Sungmin cringed and his frame drooped.

“Not like that’s going to happen to you Min. You got us.” Ryeowook’s happy voice chirped and Sungmin felt a bit better.

“Jessica said Jonghyun never spends a lot of time with someone.”

“She’s right. That’s why everyone is surprised Jonghyun didn’t move on yet.” Ryeowook replied, repeating the words Jessica had spoken earlier.

“You should be careful Min. You don’t want to spend your senior year as an Untouchable. Jessica is lucky she had a ring of nine friends. And she’s been here since freshman year.”

“But Jonghyun said I was special.” Sungmin said stubbornly, using the same words he used on Jessica. Ryeowook sighed and someone was on the end, talking to Ryeowook.

“Oh got to go! Bye! I’ll see you tomorrow!” And Ryeowook hung up before Sungmin could say bye. He was glad the conversation had ended. He had time to think about what he just learned.

 

Kim Jonghyun has some things to explain to him. A lot of things.

______

Wow. Packed chapter huh? TROLOL I'll probably take a while updating again. Sorry. I had a huge writer's block and it was killing me. Oneshots are much more easy to write! Subscribe? Comments are amazing! 

Love you all~