The Box Instead of the Textbook

The Untouchable and Unwanteds

 

I hope you guys enjoy this! ^^

______

Heechul gave a freshman a dirty look as he sat on the table during lunch. The lower classman cringed and hurried off, bumping into the trashcan during the process.

“Heechul, you’re a jerk.” Minho commented on the side, seeing his expression.

“I know.” Minho shook his head, watching his friend take a bite out of an apple.

“Where’s Jonghyun?” Heechul froze for a moment. “I don’t know. Honestly. Probably around that bunny.” Minho glanced at Heechul.

“Not happy that he attracted Jonghyun, and you didn’t?” Heechul clamped his mouth shut. Minho had to smirk at his friend’s reaction, knowing the not so secret lust Heechul had harbored after Jonghyun for the past years.

“Shut the up, Choi.” Heechul snapped and faced the opposite direction.

“Chullie…” Jonghyun’s voice drawled from the side and Heechul flinched. Minho snickered and faced the school player, grinning.

“Hey Jonghyun.”
“I called Heechul, not you.” Jonghyun answered sharply, causing Minho to frown. He relaxed back and said calmly, “Good thing, I think Heechul was getting too…” He stopped abruptly after receiving a sharp jab from the diva.

“What?” Jonghyun looked questioningly at the two of them.

“Nothing. What did you need?”

“Actually, I was wondering what you guys know about Cho Kyuhyun.” Minho snorted.

“What, the math Olympiad?”

“Yeah.” Heechul glanced at the boy from across the yard. He was sitting on a table, talking to his usual group of friends: fat fish Donghae and the scrawny Wookie.

“He hangs out with Kim Ryeowook and Lee Donghae. Hm, I wonder where Mushroom Head is…” Kim Jonghyun sniggered, but Minho gave Heechul a small shove.

“Leave the kid alone, Heenim.”

“Why? He’s a junior isn’t he? He’s a lower class. We’re at the top!” Heechul protested, rubbing his sore arm gently.

“Doesn’t mean you can .”

“Getting a soft spot for the wimp now, are we Minho?” Minho looked away and pretended to tie his shoe. Key walked by at that moment, not even bothering to glance at Jonghyun. Funny, Minho thought- I thought he had a thing for the dinosaur.

“What about Kim Kibum, Jonghyun? He’s a showcase isn’t he?” Heechul murmured, taking a look at Key’s .

“Not my type.”
“Yeah, that’s what you said about every person in this school.”

“I did not.” Jonghyun argued, not knowing what he was getting himself into.

“Oh really now?” Heechul waggled his eyebrows at Minho.

“Yeah.”
“Prove it.” Jonghyun stopped.

“How?” Heechul shrugged.

“You’re Kim ing Jonghyun. Figure it out!” Jonghyun was silent for a moment, and then shrugged.

“I don’t know how.” Heechul sighed loudly.

“Go talk to Kim Kibum. And get to know him.” Jonghyun looked at the boy with the bright blue jeans, buying something at the cafeteria door.

“Do I have to?”
“Is every person here at this school not your type?” Jonghyun gave Heechul a nasty look and got up, going toward the boy. Minho waited until he was a good distance out and turned to Heechul.
“What are you getting yourself into? You want to him don’t you?”
“, yeah.”

“You basically set up a blind relationship for Kibum and Jonghyun. What if they do end up liking each other?” Heechul smirked, for the tenth-thousandth time during lunch.

“I play the jealousy game.”

 

Sungmin walked into economics class avoiding the looks students gave him. It’s been almost a month since he and Jonghyun became an item, but people still stared. It was unnerving. Sungmin plopped into his seat and reached under his seat to the basket, looking for the class set of books. Instead, his hand hit something larger. Confused, Sungmin pulled out a box. It was plain, but taped down on the sides. A note was attached to the front: Sungmin - open me later, yeobo, okay? Sungmin placed the box down quickly, hoping he didn’t attract much attention. Across the room, Kim Ryeowook turned to the front, satisfied that Sungmin noticed the box. He could concentrate on the class now.

 

Sungmin sat on a bench by the football stadium, staring at the content of the box. He lifted out the material and snuggled deep inside it. It was the sweater he wanted. Sungmin sighed thankfully and pulled it over his thin shirt, warmth instantly eloping him. Who was the person giving him all this?

 

“You rock, Wook. Thanks.” Kyuhyun sighed. Ryeowook gave him lovesick friend a smile.

“I do. You’re welcome Kyu. Good luck with him… you’ll need it!” He headed toward class. Kyuhyun walked the opposite direction, to English class. His only class with Sungmin.