3-2 An Unofficial Date

Creating Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Flustered would’ve been an understatement of how Se Ryeong felt when she woke up to find Baekhyun pulling into a parking lot in Hongdae. Firstly, in her haziness, she had called out for her brother instead of Baekhyun. The man’s laughter was what pulled her embarrassed self back to reality as she struggled to free her limbs from the coat and blanket she had been swaddled in. There was also a neck pillow on her. Secondly, she was expecting Baekhyun to be taking her home instead of to a shopping district since her work for the day was done. How did she even fall asleep in his presence?

“I think we should grab a quick lunch by one of those push carts before searching for something we could both wear as a couple item.” As if reading her mind, he smiled warmly at her as he reached over to remove the excessive cloth he had bundled her in.
“You should’ve woken me.” she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes before stretching her body out.
Throwing his coat and the blanket back to the backseat, he grinned. “But you looked like you needed the extra snooze; I didn’t want to interrupt your rest.” She jumped when he reached over to unbuckle her seatbelt. “Let’s quickly get some food. I’m starving.”

The way he maneuvered his way around the street expertly had Se Ryeong wondering if he frequented the place. Despite his proclaimed hunger, Baekhyun paused often to watch different groups of people performing, clapping and cheering when they were in time to catch the end of a song or simply nodding his head to the beat. They eventually settled by a push cart selling tteokbokki and soondae. The steam from the piping hot food was very tempting indeed, and soon Se Ryeong was stuffing with pieces of spicy rice cake just like Baekhyun. He tilted his head backwards and opened his mouth slightly when the heat and spiciness combined was too much and Se Ryeong laughed at how how silly he looked fanning his mouth.

When he finally managed to swallow his food, Baekhyun broke into a smile. “So how’s the food?” his voice was slightly hoarse from the spiciness.
“I can handle this level of spice, but you seem to be struggling.”
“It’s definitely spicier than I’m used to.” He looked a little embarrassed as he wiped his forehead with the back of his hand.
“How about some hotteok? The sweetness should help.” Before Baekhyun could reply her, Se Ryeong had already made her way across and returned with two slices of pancake.

Each armed with a cup of spicy soup from the tteokbokki stall, Baekhyun only took small sips from his whilst Se Ryeong was quickly finishing hers. Stopping in his tracks, Baekhyun pointed at sets of matching phone cases. “What about these?”
“It’s a good idea.” Se Ryeong nodded her head as her eyes ran across the wide array of designs. “That one is going to suit you.”
His eyes widened as the shop keeper took down the design which she had selected. How was he supposed to answer his phone at work now? Not only that, he wouldn’t even dare to take it out of his pocket.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter