29 Inferno

Creating Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Eun Sook was disorientated when she woke up and found herself lying across the backseat of Baekhyun’s car. Baekhyun was shaking her awake, and he smiled at her when she was finally roused from sleep. “We’re home, umma.”
“Home?” She looked out of the window and was greeted by nothing but darkness. “Where is Se Ryeong?”
“She’s sleeping at her home. We’re at our home. Everyone found out about you living with Se Ryeong and Ahbuhji said to bring you back.”
“Oh,” Sadness and disappointment was evident in her eyes and Baekhyun felt his heart wrenching at the sight.
“I’m sorry, umma.” He whispered as he pressed a kiss against her temple. “I’m sorry to have to bring you back here.”
“Don’t be silly.” She mustered a smile. “I’d be wherever my Baekkie is.”

Baekhyun wrapped a protective arm around his mother as they entered the front door and was immediately assaulted by a flying wine bottle which shattered by his foot.
“How dare you?” Jong In’s mother was undoubtedly drunk as she swayed from side to side.
“I think it’s best that you call it a night.” Baekhyun gritted his teeth when he felt his mother trembling in his arms, clearly shaken by the scene. “Don’t forget my mother will be joining us for breakfast tomorrow, as instructed by Ahbuhji.” his mother looked up at him in shock and Baekhyun rubbed his palm against her back reassuringly.
“You can dream on.” Heejin spat as she closed in on them and Baekhyun shielded his mother by standing in front of her. “As long as I’m alive, things will never go your way. Now that your father is done making use of me and my son, you guys are going to have a happy reunion, aren’t you? Fat chance. I’ll never let your family live happily ever after, I can assure you of that.”

Jong In’s mother passed out on the floor after dishing out her threats, but Baekhyun was definitely not kind enough to be carrying her to bed and tucking her in. Promptly ignoring her and leaving her in the living room to be discovered by one of the maids when morning comes, Baekhyun carefully helped his mother back to her room. Eun Sook fell asleep the moment she hit the mattress and Baekhyun heaved a sigh of relief. Brushing the hair out of her face, Baekhyun pressed one last kiss on her forehead before uttering a good night and heading back to his room, thoroughly worn out after the long day.

As much as his body was protesting, his mind remained alert even after a warm bath and Baekhyun sank into his chair defeatedly, powering up his computer so he could clear his emails. It didn’t take long before the words were blurring together and he had to blink his eyes repeatedly to moisturize them. His phone buzzed by his nightstand and he decidedly abandoned the idea of staring at a computer screen altogether as he flopped in bed and picked up his phone.

From: Se Ryeong
Is Eomeonim asleep?

To: Se Ryeong
You mean, am I asleep? Clever way to find out, but yes, my mom is asleep.

From: Se Ryeong
Pfft, who asked about you?

Chuckling when he finally made out the blurry words on his phone, he hit the call button and relaxed into the comfort of his pillows.
“What do you want?” her voice was raspy and sleepy-sounding.
Baekhyun snickered. “You sound really enthusiastic about my call. I feel so loved.”
“Do you miss my voice already? We literally spent all day together and you even came back a second time. Am I supposed to expect you a third time?”
“They say third time’s the charm.”
“I wonder what exactly is going to work for me then?”
“If you ask me out for lunch tomorrow, I might say yes.”
“I thought I already clicked accept on all your lunchtime meeting invites. I think your memory is starting to deteriorate. That’s the first sign of ageing.”
Baekhyun felt his eyelids growing heavy as he listened to her soothing voice. “Hmm?”
“Are you admitting that you’re old?”
“Hmm.”
“Are you falling asleep on me? That’s rude, how can you keep me awake and fall asleep by yourself?”
“But I didn’t say we were going to stay up all night.”
Se Ryeong huffed on the other end of the line. “Fine, I’m gonna go to bed then!”
“Sing me a song.” Baekhyun whined. “So I can fall asleep. I think your voice is the magic that helps.”
“What do I get in return?”
“Dinner?”

Technically Se Ryeong cheated by playing a song for him instead of singing it herself, but Baekhyun smiled anyway as he closed his eyes and allowed sleep to consume him. Once in awhile she’d ask if he was asleep yet and he’d reply not yet, but he knew he was going to fall asleep any moment now. The song and her voice were starting to f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter