3-1 Family Visit

Creating Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Short Summary: 

Now this is a tad confusing, because plenty happened in between the previous chapter and this chapter, but are all too short and spaced apart for me to combine into a proper chapter so here goes a summary ---

Se Ryeong is fully aware that she has opened up to Baekhyun by telling him her past and about her nightmares. It was something that even Sehun doesn't know of, so it's is extremely surprising for her to be telling Baekhyun about it. She has always had her guards up high, so this leaves her in a state of confusion, because at that moment in time she knew she dropped her guards entirely. 

HyunA drops Se Ryeong off at work the next day and Kris and Baekhyun sees them, although they only managed to get a glimpse of who resembled HyunA. Needless to say, Kris knows it is his HyunA even if it was only a fleeting glimpse, and he sends his minion aka Baekhyun to sound out Se Ryeong for information. Although he wasn't very successful on completing Kris' task, they manage to agree on their contractual relationship - for Baekhyun it was to deal with his family, and Se Ryeong just wanted any opportunity and help she could possibly get for their revenge. In short, they agreed to make use of each other while pretending to be a couple. 

Meanwhile at SM Holdings, Mama Zhang (mother of Zhang Yi Xing, the suicide driver who killed CEO Kim 10 years ago) who has been working as a cleaner there for years managed to bag some shredded documents for Sehun. The logic was simple - she has been snooping around for the longest time but couldn't find any incriminating evidence on Hwi Yeon, but the witch does have quite a bit of documents which she consistently shreds and Mama Zhang figures they could possibly find something from there. 

True enough, Sehun and Se Ryeong spent a night piecing the papers together and they manage to find out that Hwi Yeon has been making monthly payments to a mental institute that is way out of Seoul. Work pretty much ties both of them down so neither could investigate this personally, so Se Ryeong decides to make use of her relationship with Baekhyun to get Uncle Siwon to help investigate instead. Baekhyun agrees, but on the condition of Se Ryeong attending a family gathering with him. 

This chapter is basically the same as what is posted on Tainted Fairytale's Chapter 73: Family II, so you may skip this and move on to their date in the next chapter if you've already read this on TF!




“This neighborhood looks really nice.” Baekhyun commented as Se Ryeong crossed the security booth – pausing briefly to greet the aged man – to get on his car. “Definitely better than your previous apartment.”
“I appreciate you taking me home when I was drunk but I like both apartments equally.” As she slid on her seatbelt, she noticed that he was wearing a navy shirt tucked into light blue chino shorts.
“Perhaps we have some sort of telepathy going on.” He seemed to have noticed her staring at his outfit as he pulled out of the driveway. “That pink jacket looks lovely on you and compliments my outfit perfectly.”
She bit the insides of her cheek as she fought back a blush. “Drop by the florist and the fruits store down the street. I can’t go empty-handed.”
He seemed rather taken aback by her etiquette. “You don’t have to! I mean, fine, let me pay. I insist! I forced you to come to this gathering after all.”
“I’ve no objections. I hope you know what your stepmother’s favorite flower is?”

It took a tad longer to arrive at the Byun’s than expected since Baekhyun was completely clueless on his stepmother’s preferences. He did loathe that woman after all. Lacing his fingers with Se Ryeong’s, he murmured a soft apology as he took her up the cobblestone path leading to the house.
“Although this is meant to be a family gathering, it’s really more like an opportunity for the relatives who haven’t been in touch to strike business deals. They mostly want to partner Savv in some way since we’ve shares in so many diffe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter