10 Melting Walls

Creating Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



It felt strangely different to be occupying Baekhyun’s office as Head of Finance. Setting her bag on the empty spot where Baekhyun usually placed his, Se Ryeong dropped into the leather chair and powered up the computer. While waiting for the machine to load, she ran her fingers across the nameplate with her initials engraved on it and sighed. She wouldn’t have dreamt of this in a million years. Fate has an odd way of toying with people. There was a faint knock on the door before Joy let herself in with a cup of coffee.
“Joy?” Se Ryeong’s eyes grew wide with surprise. “You don’t have to do this!”
“Mr Byun’s request. More like he asked for a favor, actually. You guys are adorable!” Joy squealed and jumped around giddily after she set the coffee on the table. “Our ex-boss is completely whipped!”
Se Ryeong found herself breaking into a smile as she stared at the brown liquid in her cup. She bet Baekhyun even requested for the coffee exactly how she liked it. “Thanks Joy, but really, I don’t want you to show up with coffee again, all right? You’re hired as an accountant, not my secretary, and you don’t have to wait on me.”
“I’m sure Mr Byun will just ask Wendy or someone else to do it anyway if he finds out I’m banned from coffee delivery!” Joy giggled and waved her hand before closing the door to Se Ryeong’s office as she left.
Bringing the cup to her lips, Se Ryeong took a tasting sip and smiled when the warm liquid settled in her stomach in a comforting way. It was exactly how she liked it.

Se Ryeong mentally prepared herself for another one of Baekhyun’s surprise when there was a knock on her door again. “What did Mr Byun ask you to do this time?” She was instead greeted by tanned skin accentuated by his crisp white suit and a smirk.
“Sorry to disappoint you, but it’s not that bad since I’m technically a Byun too, right?”
“Mr Kim,” Se Ryeong set her coffee aside and straightened her posture all business-like. “What brings you here this early?”
“Jong In will do, since you don’t seem to like calling me Mr Byun and Kim being my surname has long been a thing of the past.” Jong In welcomed himself to the couch and placed several folders on the coffee table. “Just figured it’s only appropriate to update you on some of my plans for Byun Electronics.”
Se Ryeong would really rather not having to deal with him first thing in the morning, especially after their less than polite exchange during HyunA’s wedding. “How’s your leg?” plucking herself off Baekhyun’s leather chair, she made her way cautiously to the couch and settled opposite him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter