18 Family

Creating Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Before she could tell Sulli about her part time job, Se Ryeong had to start from why she ended up an orphan in the first place. The young girl gasped when she learnt of the schemes happening behind a seeming innocent business as a wicked woman’s greedy pursuit for power broke up not just one but two families. Things that Se Ryeong had never told anyone else like how they watched their mother die before their eyes, how an underaged Sehun worked illegally in a taekwondo club so his sister could get better education, how he got kicked out of various schools due to his failing attendance, how she struggled to find the one thing she could excel in so she could get a sponsorship, and how they eventually ended up making quick bucks with her working as a bar hostess and Sehun a bartender. Looking back at it all, the past two decades of Se Ryeong’s life suddenly seemed like a faraway nightmare.

“Does oppa know?” Sulli sniffled as she clasped Se Ryeong’s hands in her own.
The latter shook her head. “I don’t think it’s something he has to know.”
“He doesn’t have to know but it’s your choice to tell him. I’m pretty sure he would feel heartbroken about it if you were thinking he’d judge you.”
Se Ryeong chuckled. “Nah, I know he wouldn’t.” But what kept her from tell him about herself when she already knew so much about his past?

Se Ryeong came home to the sound of Byul-ie squealing as Sehun chased her around the yard, the two of them in a game of catch whilst the mothers watched them from the side. Giving both of them a hug, Se Ryeong leaned her head against Mama Oh’s as she watched her brother laugh without a care in the world. His eyes were crinkled in the corners as he lunged for Byul-ie and caught her firmly in his arms, cushioning their fall onto the ground.
“It’s unfair!” Byul-ie squealed as she attempted to squirm free. “Appa has longer legs!”
“But appa got all dirty because of you.” Sehun got up and dusted her off, disregarding the dirt that stuck to his own clothes.
“Appa would never let me fall.” his daughter beamed before pecking him on the cheek. “I love you appa!”
“I love you too.” Sehun held out his hand for her and they walked hand in hand towards Se Ryeong and the mothers.
“Just got home?” Se Ryeong nodded her head. “Go take a shower, and remember to dry your hair so you don’t catch a cold!”
“Neh, oppa. You’re so naggy.”
“Appa is naggy!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter