19 Complications

Creating Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Never in a hundred years would Se Ryeong imagine Jong In in the backseat of her brother’s car, but the haughty man seemed tame as he locked his gaze out of the window. Sehun left the two of them in the car as he pulled over at a boutique store to get himself changed into a set of decent looking suit since he’d left the house in polo shirt and jeans. Se Ryeong glanced at him gratefully and he smiled a tight-lipped smile in return. Jong In seemed to relax once Sehun’s stifling presence was gone.
“Do you want a sandwich? Although I already ate the other half.” Se Ryeong passed the plastic container over and Jong In accepted it wordlessly. He appeared to have come to terms with his carelessness in causing such a great loss to the company. It was one that would’ve gotten him fired by the board, regardless if he was a Byun.

By the time Sehun was back, he was decked in a crisp navy suit and his hair neatly pulled back, looking ten times sharper than when he first stepped out of the car. Jong In nearly shuddered in his seat if he didn’t remind himself of who he was and where he is. He had heard plenty of Oh Sehun from the events he attended with his parents. Every major corporation feared him when he was still a prosecutor for he was always keeping tabs on everyone, even if there were hundreds more corporations and enterprises than a single Oh Sehun. He had a keen eye for detail, an ability to get people to succumb, and the mere thought of being in the vicinity of said man was agonizing. On hindsight, Jong In was lucky his path never crossed with the lawyer when he was still an immature and irresponsible partygoer.

When Sehun pulled up at what resembled a warehouse, Se Ryeong furrowed her brows. She has no idea what went through Jong In’s mind when he even approved that deal. Was he that desperate in seeking some form of recognition? She caught Jong In taking a huge inhale and exhale before he attempted to fixed his unkempt appearance. Once he deemed himself presentable again, he took long strides towards the main office, barging into it with a slam of the door.

“Why, isn’t this Kim Jong In again? Why are you back?” two guys who had been engrossed in some sort of office hookup looked up from the woman in their arms.
“I am here to collect the money.” Jong In surely sounded more collected and certain than he felt.
“I thought we made it clear we have no money to give you?” One of them pushed the lady in his arms away as he got on his feet. Cracking his knuckles, he then raised his index finger and curled it towards him tauntingly. “Come and get it if you can.”
“I must remind you that it is an offence to threaten anyone’s safety. Should Mr Byun feel that his life

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter