31 A Leopard can’t Change its Spots

Creating Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



The first thing Baekhyun did when he finally got discharged was to pay a visit to the Ohs. Eun Byul was thrilled to see him although she did seem worried when she saw the still healing wound on his arm. She announced that the grannies had joined a pottery class and were out on a pottery appreciation exhibit whilst Sehun was whipping up a storm in the kitchen now that there was no one to stop him.
“Oppa, what are you doing?” Se Ryeong gaped when she saw the amount of dishes on the table. “Are we having guests over?”
“Isn’t your boyfriend here?” He said plainly as he expertly flipped the piece of seafood pancake from the frying pan. “I’m making him a meal so he’ll treat my baby sister well.”
Baekhyun appeared flabbergasted as he choked on the water Byul-ie had offered him. “Please don’t worry, I will treat her well!”
“If you don’t you’re dead.” Sehun didn’t even have to glance his way for Baekhyun to feel a shiver down his spine.
“Are you cold, Silly Ahjusshi? Why are you trembling?”

Next they visit Baekhyun’s mom who had long been discharged and was living at Siwon’s with Sulli and Monggu. Although he had been infuriated when he first found out about the fire, he gradually regained the smile on his face as he witnessed his sister’s recovery with minimal repercussions from her prolonged isolation. Eun Sook appeared genuinely delighted when she saw Se Ryeong and she pulled her over to sit by her side on the couch as she watched television.
“Umma, aren’t you going to look at your son?” Baekhyun pouted.
“Shhh, don’t disturb me. I’m watching the television.” she replied without tearing her gaze away from the show.
“Looks like she favors Se Ryeong unnie over you now, oppa. You’ve been replaced!” Sulli chuckled wickedly and made a mad dash with Monggu hot on her heels when Baekhyun jumped up from the couch to chase her down.

After Eun Sook retreated to her room for a nap and Sulli took Siwon and Monggu out for a stroll, leaving the couple in the living room, Se Ryeong tried to convince Baekhyun to pay a visit to his father who was still in the hospital. “I’m not ready to see him yet. I’m not confident of keeping my calm. Afterall, he has a part to play for how things turned out today.”
“Okay,” Se Ryeong gently raked her fingers through his hair. “Another day then. Has Jong In contacted you?”
“No,”
“Honestly speaking, I’m a little worried about him. It’s been a while since we last heard from him.”
“He’s an adult, he’ll survive. Besides, he still has his cards on him. I’m more concerned about the fact that his mom hasn’t been caught yet.”
Se Ryeong sighed. The police had assigned enough people to secretly tail all of them for their safety, but it was indeed inconveniencing and a little unnerving to be followed everywhere. She feels Baekhyun’s weight shifting as he sits up beside her and wrapped his arms protectively around her before grinning.
“I have no doubts about you kicking if she ever tries to ambush you though. Black belt.” He said in a singsong voice and she couldn’t help but smack his tummy, leaving him whining about it. “Why do you always attack my nutella abs?”

Se Ryeong was looking through some food delivery options when Sulli came back with Monggu sleeping on Siwon’s lap as she pushed his wheelchair in. Baekhyun greeted the officers who had been following them with an iced bottle of water each before helping Sulli with the wheelchair.
“Appa saw a strange man in the park.” Worry washed over Baekhyun’s features when he heard Sulli’s words and he turned to his uncle for confirmation.
“He had his hoodie up and a mask on his face but he was staring at us for sure. He ran off when one of the officers noticed him.” Siwon confirmed. “Stumpy man shorter than you, a little on the plump side. I couldn’t see any other prominent features. Se Ryeong and yourself best be careful.”
“We will.” Baekhyun exchanged a look of worry with Se Ryeong but the latter simply squeezed his hand reassuringly.

After updating Sehun about the mysterious man and informing him that she’ll be staying the night with Baekhyun, she tucked her phone into one of the big pockets of the hoodie Baekhyun had lent her before rolling over on the bed to look at her boyfriend who was reading a report at the desk. She could tell from the way his eyes were unfocused and how his fingers were barely holding the paper upright that he wasn’t really reading.

“Baek?” Getting off the bed, she padded over to him and placed her hands on his shoulders. “What are you thinking about?”
He chuckled when he realized he’d been caught daydreaming and shuffled the papers into a neat pile before leading the way back to bed. “I was just thinking of that man. I’m sure he’s someone sent by the witch. There’s no way she’d be this quiet after all of us survived the fire. I’m worried she might target Uncle Siwon’s house next since the man was tailing them.”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter