25 Mutual Exploitations

Creating Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



After Sulli found them all cuddled up against each other in the morning and a fight over who gets to use the bathroom first, Baekhyun and Se Ryeong find themselves late to breakfast with Baekhyun’s father and Jong In’s mom already done with their meal and deeply engaged in a conversation about setting Jong In up on blind dates. The latter seemed mildly relieved when the attention was suddenly turned to Se Ryeong who had spent the night and showed up in what was undoubtedly Baekhyun’s T-shirt and sweatpants. Breakfast crawled by at the pace of a snail with Baekhyun blocking wedding suggestions on Se Ryeong’s behalf and the pair were beyond thankful when Baekhyun finally loaded his luggage into the back of his car and they were on their way to work.

Baekhyun spent the day helping Se Ryeong finalize her presentation for the board and looking through the paperwork that had piled while she was too busy to even spare them a glance. He also insisted that they had lunch with the rest of the department so she could know everyone better and feel more inclined into trusting and delegating work to her team. Turns out, some were even her juniors in Jeguk’s specialized learning path for finance.

Se Ryeong felt a mix of emotions as she watched Baekhyun unload his luggage from his car so that the driver could load it into the back of the cab.
“Having a car will be much more convenient for traveling between work, your home, and mine.” He pressed his car key into her hand. “Take good care of my wife.”
“Don’t worry, I won’t crash Mrs Byun Greasy.” she closed her fist around it tightly. “Take good care of yourself over there, and take care of Kris too if you’re able to. HyunA will kill you if anything happens to Kris.”
“Will you kill Kris if anything happens to me?”
“Maybe?”
“What a cold-hearted woman.”
Se Ryeong raised her hand and Baekhyun immediately flinched, protecting his tummy with both arms. Bursting into laughter, Se Ryeong had to quickly stifle it before they attracted the attention of other workers who were knocking off from work.
“Have a safe trip.” the grin on her lips turned into a tiny smile as she reached her arms around his neck to pull him into a hug. Baekhyun remained completely stunned as he tried to process the hug that she’d initiated but yanked himself back when he felt her fingers grazing his very sensitive nape with her smirking at him. When did Se Ryeong get this playful anyway?

The first thing Se Ryeong did was to drop by the fruits stall before making her way to Baekhyun’s house. Jong In was getting out of his car when she pulled up next to him and he took a double take when she emerged from the driver’s side of Baekhyun’s car. He recovered quickly, covering it up with a cough and offering to carry the fruits basket for her. He didn’t seem comfortable being around her and there was hardly any conceitedness to him. Jong In’s mother didn’t look too happy to see her over this early but Monggu was all over her, welcoming her with excited as Sulli ran in after her pet.
“You’re here early, unnie!”
“I figured I should help out with dinner if I’m going to eat free meals here.”
“No, you’re our guest.” Jong In’s mother interrupted when she heard Se Ryeong.
“She’s family.” Jong In grumbled as he walked past them to place the fruits on the table. “Ahbuhji said so.”

Supposing it was a thank you of sorts for sticking up for her earlier, Se Ryeong chose to bring up Jong In’s rec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter