16 On My Mind

Creating Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



“We need these debts settled.” Se Ryeong tapped her index finger on the folder in question. “I’m aware you personally approved the exports on credit, so I would really appreciate your help.”
Jong In fought to make the gulping of the lump in his throat less noticeable, but he was sure it was a futile attempt anyway. “Of course,” His shaky voice was a dead giveaway, but at least he managed to keep his composure as he nodded curtly at her. “If there’s nothing else, I’d appreciate if you just give me a call next time instead of summoning for my presence. I’m after all the General Manager of Byun Electronics, even if we are under Savv.”
His comment caught Se Ryeong off guard, but on hindsight her action was probably an offensive punch to his ego. With the lack of a better reply, she simply squeezed out a single syllabled “noted” which seemed to infuriate Jong In even more as he glared at her before storming out of her office, not missing the slam of the door on his way out. Sighing as she leaned back against the leather chair that once belonged to Baekhyun, she wondered how he’d deal with such circumstances, and if she’ll have to deal with a hostile Jong In for the rest of her time here, assuming she would be working for Savv for a long time.

The ringing of her desk phone came at an opportune time as Se Ryeong stretched her arms above her head and cracked the sore joints in her back, just in time for her eyes to set sight on the clock which read slightly past noon. Panic took over her senses as she thought about her lunch appointment with Baekhyun and how he might be waiting out on the foyer again, but she recalled rejecting the appointment. ‘Would he be there?’ It wasn’t until the ringing stopped and started again did she jolt out of her reverie and hastily picked up the call.
“Miss Oh?”
Se Ryeong’s eyes fleeted to the extension number on the display. “Yes, Vice President?”
“Great, I was afraid you’d went for lunch. I need you to drop by my office now if it’s not too inconvenient.”
“I’ll be there in five minutes.”
“See you in five.”
The call was promptly dropped and Se Ryeong racked her brains as she tried to think of what Kris could possibly want to have to talk to her personally. The financial side of the presentation for the board meeting wasn’t due yet and that was the biggest slice of her current workload. Her heels clicked smartly against the marbled floors as she exited the quiet finance department, all the colleagues having went for lunch, and she found her thoughts drifting to how Wendy told her Baekhyun was waiting for her at foyer yesterday. ‘Would he be there?’

The lift doors opened to a row of grand double oak doors and Se Ryeong swiftly made her way to the one with Kris’ name adorned on the gold nameplate. She had to resist the urge to roll her eyes. What is it with the people of high social status and all these fancy embellishments? Her knuckles made two smart reps on the door before she heard a muffled ‘come in’. The sight that greeted her was not one she was expecting. Whilst Kris seemed to be approving some documents at his desk, HyunA was lounging on the couch with a magazine in her hands and Baekhyun - darn you, Byun Baekhyun! - was w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter