1-3 Good Night

Creating Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Baekhyun had gotten the background checks done within a night and presented it first thing in the morning to Kris. He had accomplished his task, and Kris had granted him a day off to rest. So why exactly was he not in the comfort of his bed but instead, standing before the modern structure that was The Bank of Seoul? Maybe skipping his sleep was a bad idea after all seeing how it has started to affect his thinking. ‘Fine, I just need to verify with my own eyes that she’s well and then I’ll move on with my life. The end. Chapter closed!’

Baekhyun had been in here countless times and it often amused him how everyone working in their transparent glass offices looked like fishes in their tanks. After greeting the general manager so as not to alarm the man with his unscheduled arrival, he proceeded to move towards the floor where investment consultants were located. His brief chat with the general manager has left the elder with the impression that Baekhyun has something going on for Se Ryeong and he had to quickly extricate himself from the conversation before things got too complicated. Shaking his head, Baekhyun’s sight landed on the tiny figure crouched over her desk as she punched away at the calculator in her hands. ‘All hell would break loose if I ever have the hots for her.’ Chuckling inwardly, he raised his hand and gave a smart rap at the sliding glass door. The moment their gazes latched onto each other, the frown between her brows relaxed into a smile and Baekhyun swears the sleepless nights are messing up his heartbeat as well.

“Good afternoon, I’m Oh Se Ryeong. How may I assist you?” Se Ryeong’s smile extended into her tone as she gestured for him to take a seat.
“Nice to meet you, I’m Byun Baekhyun.” Stopping before the seat, he offered his hand which Se Ryeong took awkwardly and he figured people don’t usually do that with her. “I’m thinking of investing my hard-earned money somewhere since my dad is always saying that I’m not doing a good enough job just saving up. I’m not exactly sure where to start though.”
“May I ask for your position and your monthly salary range?” she pulled out a couple of pamphlets.
“I’m just a junior executive. I think you’d know how much I earn based on the industry standard.”
“You might want to start with the beginner’s plan. This pamphlet…”

By the time Baekhyun stepped out of the bank, he had a stack of pamphlets tucked under his arms which he had promised to look through and Se Ryeong’s name card in his hand in case he needed further explanations. The corners of his lips crept up unknowingly as he stared at her name card. God knows what came over him when he decided to drive to the bank when he could’ve gone home to sleep but he had reasoned that he needed to ensure her wellbeing after last night. Now that he’s sure she isn’t suffering from any negative impact from the drugs, there would be no reason for him to ever see her again, let alone mind the fact that he basically lied to her about his entire life. Sighing, he dropped the pamphlets into the trashcan before making his way to the car park.

Seeing as to how it was still early as he pulled his car to a gentle brake, Baekhyun reckoned he could probably have a relaxing bath before dozing off to his Beethoven CDs. He could even sleep through dinner if need be, since his body has been behaving out of the norm lately with what little slumber he has. “Ahjumma!” calling for the housekeeper once he set foot into the house, Baekhyun shrugged out of his blazer and draped it over his arm. “Ahjumma?” when no response came, he figured the woman must’ve gone grocery shopping. “Guess I’ll just leave a note…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter