1-1 Entwined

Creating Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Short summary:

This chapter is related to Chapter 24 & 25 of TF, where Se Ryeong and her brother Sehun are both at Bang Minah's party. They're separated because they came with their respective colleagues and they are both trying to steer clear so that Kris - or anyone else that might know them - wouldn't notice them.

Baekhyun came to the party with Kris, but soon drifts off alone since Minah is all over Kris and he really wouldn't like to be around for that. He then witnesses Jong In spiking Se Ryeong's drink and you'll have to read the chapter below to find out what happens!

P.S. Sehun is a prosecutor at this stage of the story. 




Falling in and out of crowds, Se Ryeong flitted from one conversation to another as she struggled to find joy in the party. After a long day at work, she certainly wasn’t looking forward to a party thrown by the Bangs to establish their wealth and power. Taking a swig of the champagne in her glass, she allowed the liquid to slide down as she savored the aftertaste. This would’ve been the life HyunA led had things not gone awry. This might have even been her life had her dad steered away from lust. Closing her eyes, she emptied the contents of her glass before reaching for another.

They say alcohol is the fix for everything when you’re upset. It numbs your senses and blurs your vision, so your mind should technically fail you. But Se Ryeong long understood that drinking when you’re upset would only get you more sober. The more frustrated you get, the more you drink – and the more sober you become. Yet Se Ryeong couldn’t stop. The last time she touched alcohol was before she started working at the bank. She had stayed away from it, hoping that doing so would erase her past memory as a hostess.

“Miss?” a gentle voice rang at the back of her head and Se Ryeong had to shake her head hard to clear up her vision. “Are you alright?” a pair of warm brown orbs was looking back at her. She nodded her head briefly and shrugged free from the stranger’s sturdy hold. Straightening herself, she folded her hands before her stomach and politely bowed.
“Thank you, stranger.”
“Stranger?” the gentle voice suddenly turned into a shrill laughter which gave her a headache. Frowning at the man, she simply turned her heels and walked out of the hall hoping the fresh air outside would clear her mind.

///

Normally Baekhyun would’ve left it at that since the lady was obviously as uninterested in him as he was in her. However, he had seen what Jong In – his half brother – had done to one of her many drinks and it doesn’t take an idiot to know what he had up his sleeves. Baekhyun wanted to curse. He wanted to knock that conceited smirk off Jong In’s face with a swing of his fist. He wanted the entire ballroom to know what a scum Jong In was and steer clear of him. In fact he wished he could throw the man off this building, but he swallowed all of his urges and settled with a warning glare at Jong In as he scurried after the lady who had already made her way out of the ballroom.

Byun Jong In was one of Baekhyun’s greatest pains. He was proof of his father’s infidelity and the very reason why his mother had fallen prey to depression. He often wondered how his father could have an affair with his secretary when one of the company guidelines prohibited dating amongst colleagues in order to uphold the professionalism of each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter