14 Umma

Creating Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



“I really don’t want to cause you to have further misunderstandings with Aunty.” Sulli looked at her cousin apologetically. With tiny paws tapping against the wooden stairs, Monggu scampered excited behind its owner towards Baekhyun’s room.
“Nonsense. If you can stay here, so can your dog.” Baekhyun opened the door to his room and Monggu dashed in excitedly sniffing everything in sight.
“Down, Monggu!” Sulli shouted as she chased after her pet. “But I can always stay with dad.”
“And piss Aunty off for real?” Baekhyun smirked with his arms crossed as he leaned across the doorframe. “I do like the sound of that though.”
Se Ryeong smacked him mercilessly in the tummy before glaring at a pouty Baekhyun. “Don’t be childish.”
Sulli burst out laughing as she watched the scene unfold. “You are so whipped, Baek! How long exactly have you guys been together? And how did my childish cousin win your heart?”
For someone who seemed rather sassy, Se Ryeong chewed on her lower lip broodingly instead of answering the question and eventually turned to Baekhyun for help. The latter had to gently nudge her into the room before closing the door firmly behind him. Baekhyun then closed the gap between him and Sulli before dropping his voice into a hushed whisper.
“If I must answer, we haven’t been dating for long. That’s because this is an act.”

Sulli’s eyes widened in surprise as she stared at her cousin. “What do you mean?”
“We simply needed each other’s help, so we exchanged terms. I think Se Ryeong got the short end of the stick though.” Baekhyun rubbed his nape sheepishly. “There’s hardly anything I can help her with now.”
“You helped me settle in at the finance department.” Se Ryeong shrugged.
“That’s because I’m a responsible worker who ensures proper handover.”
“But you two look so comfortable with each other, I would’ve thought you’ve been together for a while.” Sulli tapped a finger on her chin as she observed the both of them. With a cheeky grin gracing her features, Sulli leaned in before whispering by Baekhyun’s ear. “I think she’s a great match for you! You should act on it fast and turn this make-believe real.” The reddening of Baekhyun’s ear tips did not go unnoticed but Sulli stepped in before Se Ryeong could question their conversation.
“I miss Aunt Eun Sook! Let’s go see her!”

Although Se Ryeong has heard a little of Baekhyun’s birth mom, she has never seen her around the house at her previous visits. In fact, she had forgotten the woman even lived in this house, and perhaps

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter