Merry Christmas

One Twist After Another

>> Next morning>>

Rachel POV

My eyes opened to the sound of my alram set for 6:30.. I've decided to try harder to not be late for work. 

I rubbed the sleppy bugs out of my eyes and laid there.. Suddenly, I felt memories from yesterday that I had lost start to come back... I called EXO at 3am last night.. I can even remember that Sehun picked up the phone. We talked while Luhan, Kyungsoo, and Kris were also listening in.

And the video calls. I finally answered it and it was Leeteuk.

And Amber came in the morning turned off our video call. I got mad and pushed her to the ground. So that's why she wanted to apologize. I was late for work and was scolded by our manager. Amber and I rehearsed and everything went black..

I miss Leeteuk already...

Tears started to fall as the memories finally came back.

>>> Christmas Day >>>

I heard a knock on my door at 5am. It was most likely Amber and Changmin and Yunho, my "boyfriend"..

Honestly, I love Yunho so much, but I'm pretty sure we're not dating, because nothing has changed since he asked me out. In fact, things have grown more awkward.. But it's fine. As long as he's willing to talk to me and be there when I need him, I'll survive.

And as I predicted, there they were, carrying gifts for my tree. "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Amber beamed. Her excitement made me giggle. Of course I was upset about what Amber did. But I never brought up the fact that I regained my memory and I accepted her apology. There really is no need to bring it up again.

Changmin finally came out to me and Yunho about his crush on Amber. We both agreed on Key's deal, which was a good one, no doubt. And he seems to be doing a good job. I really hope Changmin doesn't mess this up.

Everyone came in, and as the day progressed, other people came to my dorm to drop off presents and opened the presents I got them. Almost everyone from SMTown came for a short while to open their presents. The only people that came and actually decided to stick around was SHINee, all five members.....

Including Onew..

How awkward. Me, Yunho, and Onew all in the same room. But thankfully, everyone seemed calm, happy, and the boys behaved well. I also got a chance to talk to Onew casually and rebuild a friendship.

Everything went pretty chill. The only thing missing was Leeteuk. Unfortunately, most troops don't come home for the holidays like they do in the United States. 

After 3pm passed, I decided to leave the house with Amber and TVXQ to give EXO their gifts since they haven't come around my dorm yet, leaving the five SHINee boys alone in my dorm. I hope they don't break anything..

When we got to the door, Amber knocked loudly. I could hear a bunch of "SOMEONE IS HERE!"'s and "BUT I'M STILL IN MY PAJAMAS!"'s. After about 5 "JUST A MINUTE!"'s, someone finally opened the door, Tao.

"Merry Christmas!" Yunho and Changmin both yelled in unison. Tao smiled and invited us in. The other eleven EXO members scrambled around the dorm. "I guess nobody has come to give you your presents today?" Amber laughed quietly. "Not yet.." Tao scratched the back of his neck. "Merry Christmas!" Kai jumped out from behind a wall in his pajamas shamelessly, which made me laugh loudly. "YAH!! Go get dressed!" Tao screamed at .

"I'm not afraaaaaiiii~d" Jongin sang Eminem's song as he danced back to his room to get changed. Tao rolled his eyes.

"Look! Presents!" Xiumin popped out of his room and beamed. 

"Yah! Noona! We said you didn't have to get us anything since you gave us your soap" Yixing protested as he peeked from behind his bedroom door. I shook my head. "The more the better! But he's right, we did say that.." Suho said coming into the room. Seeing him made me jump, and he noticed. This was my first time seeing him since my nightmare.

"You okay? You looked like you've seen a ghost", Amber whispered in my ear. I guess she noticed too

"Maybe because I have" I thought to myself. Last time I saw him, he was a bloody mess on the ground. But nobody knows that.

After every member was finally dressed, we gave them their presents, watched them open them, and left.

"Dude, what was your problem with Suho oppa? You acted so weird when you saw him and whenever he spoke.." Amber spoke up on the way back to my dorm. 

"She's right.. What was the problem?" Changmin added while Yunho just nodded his head in the driver's seat. I took in a deep breath. "He died in one of my nightmares a while back.. This was my first time seeing him since I had the nightmare. I don't know. I act that way towards people who die in my dreams.. Last time I saw him, he was bloody and dead on the ground, so it's kinda like seeing a ghost" I explained.

Amber and Yunho both went "Ooooh" in unison while Changmin just nodded. "Well, when we see him again, you should tell him that, cause he definitely noticed" Yunho suggested. 

"I agree" is all I said as we pulled into the snowy parking lot of my building.. I really hope those boys haven't broken anything in my home. When we walked in, they were all asleep on the couch, cuddled up close to each other..

"Oh jeez.. I have to take a picture of this" Amber whispered, trying hard not to wake them up. I stepped away from the scene and looked around for any broken glass or anything broken at all. When I moved over to the kitchen counter, I felt a presence right behind me. I turned around slowly and saw that there was someone RIGHT behind me. I felt my heart skip a beat and saw Yunho towering over me. I grabbed my chest. "You almost gave me a heart attack!" I gasped. "That was the idea" he giggled. I lightly punched his arm.. I tried to walk away, but he pulled me back. "I want to take you somewhere" he said and led me out the door, leaving Changmin and Amber to snap pictures of the five sleeping boys on my couch.

----

"Is this place far?" I asked him. "No, in fact, we've been to it before.." he smiled and kept walking with me. Suddenly, I felt my hand warm up and I looked down. He's holdng my hand.. My cheeks warmed up and I looked away..

Sooner than I thought, we were walking down the road by a bunch of shopping centers. "We're here" he smiled as it started to snow again..

"Ooooh, are we going shopping?" I beamed. Oh god, I feel my inner girly girl coming out. "If you wanna. But some of them are closed cause it's Christmas" he said. I looked down at the thin blanket of snow on the ground. "I guess you're right"

That's when I started to realize, there aren't that many people here. In fact, it's me, Yunho, and about one or two people. "Why is it so vacant here?" I asked him. "Don't know" he said quickly. "Hey, do you wanna get hot chocolate? This cafe down here is open" Yunho suggested. I nodded happily and we walked in to order drinks.

----

When we walked out of the cafe, the sky was almost pitch black. "It got dark fast.." Yunho complained. I nodded.

"So why are we here exactly?" I asked him as he checked his phone for the 1000th time in the last ten minutes. "And we do you keep checking your phone?" I asked again.. "Hang on.." is all he said. "Are you waiting for 6pm?" I asked, since it was 5:59pm on his phone.

Just then, little by little, the light blue lights on the trees . Making everything a light blue shade.

I could feel my jaw drop. "Daaaang" I exclaimed in english. Yunho just laughed. "Pretty right? Remember when we came here with a lot of our other label mates? It was the day after we came back from Japan.." he tried refreshing my memory. I nodded, still not looking anywhere other than the trees. "I still haven't given you your present.." he added. That's when I tore my gaze away from the trees and back at him.. Snow started to make it's way into my cup of hot choco.

"Oh yeah.. Do you have it with you?"

"Yes... And actually I got you two things" he giggled and pulled out a paper bag. I giggled and put down my cup. "It's just a small blue flower thingy.. I got it in Japan" he said when he pulled out of the bag, a small crystal blue flower knick knack. I gasped at how shined with the lights on the trees. "Just? It's so pretty! I know exactly what to do with this" I beamed. And then, he pulled out a small box that holds jewelry. That's when I started to hold my breath.

"Remember when you said you wanted a piece of jewelry, something not flashy? Well..." he said as he opened the box that had a small necklace with a small owl charm.. and a light purple crystal in the middle. "And I know how much you like owls" he blushed. I smiled and looked down at the necklace. "I do love owls. Thank you" I said..

"Hey, I know I never got a chance to ask you this properly" he said as he got closer and closer... Wait. Am I.. Is he...

"I'M NOT READY!!" I screamed in my head.

"But uh... Rachel.. Will you be my girlfriend?" he finally asked.. I could see sweat on the sides of his face. Is he that nervous?

I'm still holding my breath.. Breathe, Rachel.. Freaking BREATHE!!

"You don't have to say yes.." he looked down.

"Are you kidding?... Yes yes! Of course I will! Yes!" I started to spurt

He jumped up from where he was sitting on the sidewalk and covered his mouth with his hands.. "Really?" he asked. I looked up at him and nodded.. His jaw dropped and he fist pumped the sky. "I DID IT!!" he screamed up to the sky.. I giggled at his dorkyness, set the necklace on the ground, stood up, and gave him a surprise hug.. "I love you" I said, feeling tears escape from my eyes.

He finally hugged back and took a deep breath.. "I love you too. I never stopped loving you" he confessed. When he broke away from the hug, Yunho bent down and picked up the necklace and took off his gloves. I turned around and moved away the little hair that covered my neck. His cold hands on my neck gave me goosebumps. "It looks beautiful on you" he smiled I wiped my damp face and smiled back.. "Come on. Let's go shopping!" he beamed and took me by the wrist to the closest shop.

---

Amber POV

"Wonder where Rachel and Yunho are.. They've been gone for a while" Changmin said quitely from the kitchen. I let go of Key's hand and went to the kitchen to talk to Changmin.. "I wonder where they are too. I also wonder how those boys have been able to stay asleep for this long..How long has it been?" I asked him. Changmin looked up at the clock. "Almost two hours.."

I sighed.. These people around me always worry me. Swear to god..

"Hungry? I can make some food or something.." Changmin offered. "Nah... Too worried to eat"

"I eat when I'm worried.."

"You eat when you're anything.."

Changmin let out a quiet laugh, which made me laugh.. "Well it's true"

"I know" he said and sat down with me at the kitchen table. "They're are really something, those five kids" he said out of nowhere.. "No kidding" I sighed. I looked across the table and saw Changmin played with his fingers across the table.. He looks so.. Cute..

"Did you have fun today?" I asked him. He looked up and smiled. "Definitely". His smile is really cute too..

Why do I keep calling him cute? He's nowhere near as cute as Kibum.. Why am I comparing the two of them?

As I kept asking myself questions, I heard a key unlocking the door. Finally they're home! The door opened and I watched from the kitchen. Rachel and Yunho were standing side by side

"You first" Yunho said

"No, you go first" Rachel insisted

"No no, I insist.." Yunho said

"No thanks.. You go" Rachel argued again.. Short pause

They both go for the door at the same and get squeezed against each other.. "This door is too narrow" Rachel muttered in english. They finally got through and popped out into the living room.

"What dorks.." I thought. I looked over at Changmin who was rolling his eyes.. Finally they made it through the door and walked into the kitchen and acted like it didn't happen. "Are they still sleeping?" Rachel whispered. "Yupp. Where were you guys?" Changmin asked quietly. Yunho held up a couple small paper bags and smiled. "We did a little bit of shopping.."

"WITHOUT US?!?!" I almost screamed.. Oh s***

"Yah!" I heard Jonghyun yell from the couch. All four of us in the kitchen cringed..

----

"Bye guys.. Go sleep on your own couch!" I laughed as I led them all out the door. Rachel was in front of me and jumped. She ran to the Christmas tree to grab a present and followed them out the door.

Rachel POV

While I watched the SHINee boys walk out of my dorm, I felt the sudden urge that I was forgetting something.. Oh yeah! Jonghyun! I need to give him Minjung's present! I ran to the tree to grab it from deep underneath the branches and followed them out. "Yah, Jonghyun-ah!" I stopped him and he smiled. "For me??" he joked. I rolled my eyes. "No. For Minjung. Can you give this to her next time you see her?" I asked and put the small gift in his hand. He looked down at it and stayed silent. "What? You can't do that for me? She's your girlfriend!" I said..

.... "Not anymore" he said quietly.. I stiffened. They broke up??

"Oh.. O-Okay.." is all I could say. I watched as one of Jonghyun's tears hit the wrapping paper on Minjung's gift.. "Oh.. Sweetie.. I'm sorry" I said as I took the gift from him and hugged him tightly. Jonghyun sobbed quietly into my scarf. "It's okay. It's okay. I'm sorry I brought her up. I should've known.. I guess we can talk about it some other time..." I said on and on. Jonghyun just nodded, but wouldn't stop crying and shaking in my arms. He wouldn't even hug me back. For the entire day, he seemed fine. But the second I bring up Minjung, he falls apart.

He finally lifted his head up when he heard "Hyung! Come on we gotta go!" from Key one floor down. He started to walk away.. "Take care of yourself, please" I waved goodbye. He turned around and a small smile made it's way to his face. I love Jonghyun like a little brother. Seeing him hurt breaks my heart.

"I'll be okay" was all he said before he stepped into the elevator. And off he went. I trudged back into my dorm quietly. The second I shut the door, I felt someone tackle me. "What the--" I thought

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME STRAIGHT AWAY THAT YOU GUYS ARE GOING OUT NOW?!!?!?" I heard Amber as she tackled me down to the floor. I could hear Changmin and Yunho laughing. "Amber, get off of me! I'm sorry I didn't tell you! Ahhhh! I think you broke something!" I screamed in pain when I felt a sharp pain in my arm. "Oh, sorry" Amber said quickly and brought me back to my feet. I gotta one deep breath out, but then she was hugging me again, squeezing the air out of me. "I'm so happy for you guys!! It finally happened!" she laughed as she crushed me. 

"I'm happy too. I'd be even more happy if you'd stop crushing me!" 

"I know.. I'll stop" she said and let me go again.