Urgent Matter

One Twist After Another

Rachel POV

How did I get in this hallway? What am I doing here? Wait.. Why can't I move my feet? I can't walk. 

Suddenly, out of my nowhere, at the end of the hall, two figures revealed themselves. I let my eyes adjust to see who it was.. 

"MOM... DAD!! You guys, come here! I can't move my legs!" I begged them to come closer to me... 

.. But they just stared ahead at the end of the hall, smiling at me.. Then

GUNFIRE

Someone had shot down my dad.. Then another round went off and gunned down my mom. And just like that, they were dead.. Again. I turned around and saw an unfamiliar face, holding the smoking gun that just mudered my parents. I grew angry in a split second and lifted my feet to approach the random person. I couldn't tell if they were a man or woman, my vision started getting more and more blurred as I got closer to them. "Why did you do that? You just killed my parents!" I yelled. 

"WHERE AM I?!?!" I heard.. Suho?

I turned around and saw Suho wandering around the hall. "Suho-sshi! Turn back!" I warned him. "Noona! Where am I?" he cried desperately. Before I could answer, the person fired the gun again and hit Suho. I looked down at EXO-K's leader, who was now a dead bloody mess on the ground, much like my parents...

"YOU KILLED HIM" I cried and fell to my knees. I put my head on Suho's back and cried out loud. 

Then.. I opened my eyes again. I'm now laying down. People are surrounding me but not looking at me. I think I'm just now waking up from a nightmare.. This feels more like reality...

When my vision finally went to normal, to my left is Jongdae, who was messing around on his phone. To my right is Amber and Yoona talking with one another. To the foot of my... Whatever I'm laying on is Minho. He's pacing and biting his nails...

"Where am I?" I managed to say. Yoona was the first to notice and smiled. "You're awake!" she beamed. By this time, all four of my labelmates were smiling down at me. "What happened?"

"You were rehearsing with Amber and you fainted out of nowhere! Scared the s*** out of everyone" Minho explained what happened. "How long have I been asleep?"

"About a good twenty minutes. Thankfully. You could've been sleeping for hours for all we know. We didn't want you to wake up and wander around backstage like a lost puppy... So we waited.." Chen smiled. Which I smiled back..

"Noona woke up??" I heard Taemin run over to Minho. I adjusted myself to a sitting position. And smiled at everyone. Soon, the rest of SHINee showed up to say, even Onew, who looked somewhat pale in the face... "Onew-sshi.. Why are you so pale?" I asked.. I looked down.

"Been worried" was all he said. Key moved over to put his arm around Amber's waist. I looked over at her, which was when I noticed that she had been really quiet since I woke up.. I smiled up at her and put my arms around her waist.. "Thanks for not leaving" I thanked her. She seemed so awkward. But why?

----

"So... Why do you think you fainted?" Jongdae asked me. Everyone had left except for him so he could ask me a couple questions. "Well.. I.." for some reason, my memory felt damaged.. What was I doing earlier today? "It's okay. Take your time.." he assured me. "I remember.. It's just... fragmented" I sputtered. Chen leaned back in his chair and sighed. "Hmm.. That's strange.." he started, but looked over to Key who was approaching us.. "Noona. How are you feeling?" he smiled. "I'm feeling a lot better, thanks" I nodded

"Did Amber get a chance to apologize to you yet?" he asked

Why does she have to apologize to me? I must have forgotten a lot.. "Why does she have to apologize to me? She did nothing wrong.." I shook my head, hoping something would come back to me.

"Does that mean she's off the hook for what happened??" Key asked excitedly.. I looked at Jongdae, and he looked back at me with a "what-the-f***" face. "No, she isn't off the hook.. I wanna know what happened. I must've forgotten.." I demanded.. "Well..." Key started, but was suddenly pulled away from our conversation by someone. Was that..

Changmin??

"CHANGMIN! WHERE'S YUNHO OPPA!" I suddenly stood up, but fell to my knees. Chen helped me up. "I don't think it's the right time to walk yet. But I do wonder where Yunho hyung is too..."

"Was he here at all today?"

"Yeah, I saw him. He seemed fine.. But I haven't seen him since you passed out..."

My head started to fill with the worst possible scenarios.. Of course, like I always do..

Changmin POV

I wandered around backstage... Wondering things

"Is Rachel awake yet? Where is she? Why did she even faint in the first place? Where did Yunho hyung go? Is he even here anymore? I should go check to see if he took the car. Where's Amber? I mean.. PABO.. I thought we agreed not to think about her anymore!" I talked to myself in my head.. I decided to look up from the ground finally and saw Key talking to Rachel and Jongdae. Finally, she's awake, and she looks fine. That's a relief.

I should really talk to Key about Amber.. That would be the right thing to do.. Here it goes

I fast-walked up to Key and took him by the wrist. And like that, we were on our way somewhere else. "CHANGMIN! WHERE'S YUNHO OPPA?" Rachel asked louder as we walked away. Why turn around and answer when I don't even know myself?

---

"YAH! Hyung! You're really hurting my wrist! Hyung! YAH! SHIM CHANGMIN!" Key whined behind me. I finally stopped behind a storage block and took in a deep breath. "What's wrong with you, hyung?" he asked rubbing his wrist. "Sorry Key-goon, but I'm pretty positive that you aren't going to like what I have to say.." I confessed

"Oh jeez. Okay.. Lay it on me.." he rolled his eyes looked down. "Please don't hate me after this.." I looked down at him. "I'm pretty sure it's not that bad.."

"It's about Amber"

Then, he looked up at me from the ground and took my arms in his hands frantically. "What happened? Is she okay? Is she hurt? DID YOU HURT HER??" 

"NO NO NO! She's just fine! Kibum.. I think I might have a crush on her.." I finally let it out. His grip on my arms loosened and his breathing went back to normal.. "You have a crush on Amber? But she's mine!" he argued. "I know she is. She's all yours! I just don't know what to do. Don't know who to tell.."

"I'm the first person you told?" he asked. I looked down at the ground.. "Yes" I sighed in defeat

"You think you like her? Or.. Do you know for certain that you like her?" he asked again. Gosh, so many questions!

"I'm.. I'm not quiet sure yet.." I said truthfully. "I've been trying to stop thinking about her, but it seems like I can't get her out of my mind. I'm really sorry Kibum, but I control my feelings for girls"

He looked down and let out a humorless giggle. "And I thought I was the only attracted to her" I shook my head. "No.. I thought I was only into really girly girls to be very honest. I can definitely see the girly girl in her."

"So.. What are we gunna do about this?" 

"I don't know.. I brought it up with you so we can compromise. The last thing I want is to ruin your relationship."

"Aren't you guys going back to Japan with her and Rachel at the end of January?" he asked. "Yeah.. But I don't want to.." I confessed. "How come?"

"The more I see her, the more I like her!" 

"How about this.. You promise not to touch her until you get back from Japan. When you get back to Korea, the three of us can discuss it again"

I nodded my head in agreement.. "Good idea. I hope this doesn't change anything"

"This doesn't change the way I feel about you as a hyung and inspiration, cause that's what you are to me. But I'm going to be worried the whole time she's gone. Hope you know that at least" Key explained, which made me smile. "I won't break this promise" I said confidently. I can totally do that!

"About what Rachel said.. Where is Yunho hyung? I haven't seen him for a while.." Key asked 

"I don't know. He disappeared. I think I'll go look for him now. I'll keep this promise." I said to Key before leaving him behind the storage block. While I wandered around, I spotted Chen talking to some of s. "Hey, Jongdae!" I called him over. He turned around to the sound of his name and bowed slightly. "Hey, hyung."

"You were looking after Rachel, right? Where is she now?" I asked. "She said she was going to look for Yunho hyung. Why? Are you looking for him too?" he said. I nodded and looked around. "Well, she left about two minutes ago, maybe you can catch up with her" he informed me. At that, I took out my phone and dialed Rachel's number. 

"Hello?"

"Did you find him?"

"No.. I'm checking your dorm first"

"Okay, I'll be right behind you"

"Mmkay" she said, and with that, I hung up and.. wait.. We came here in Yunho's car.. Damn.. Guess I'll just take a taxi..

Rachel POV

I ran up to Yunho and Changmin's floor and used the spare key they gave me and bursted through. "OPPA!!" I almost screamed through the dorm.. For a moment, silence.. Then I heard footsteps down the hall. I took in a deep breath that I was holding and waited for him to come out. When he finally did, he face was red, like he had been holding his breath. "W-What are you doing here? I ran home to get you medicine.. and water.. and pain killers.. and.. What are you doing here?!!? It's freezing and snowing outside! Did you drive here!? You shouldn't be driving!! Sit down on the couch" he rambled while moving my body over to the couch and forcing me to sit down.. "W- Oppa" I stopped him and sat him down next to me. "I've been awake for almost an hour. There has to be another reason why you disappeared.." I tried to get more information out of him. He stayed silent for a moment.. "I just didn't want anyone to see me like this" he sputtered, obviously holding in tears. "Yunho.. SMTown is your family. You should be able to let out your feelings out to other than just a select few" I tried to explain to him. At that, he finally let the tears fall and sniffled. "Why are you so worried about me? It makes me worried about you!" I said. 

"I don't know. I've always worried about you... Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?"

"That's how boyfriends are like to their girlfriends.."

"I wish I was your boyfriend.."

".... I wish you were too.."

"...But.."

"I don't know.. Why aren't you my boyfriend?"

"Why aren't you my girlfriend?"

At that, we just stared at each other and didn't say a word.. I finally looked down at the ground. "Rachel"

I felt Yunho's hand lift up my chin to look at him. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

At that second, I felt chills up and down my spine. How am I supposed to feel about this? What do I do?? What do I say?!

My brain was foggy and unresponsive. Speak, damn it! 

I finally decided on what to do. I gave him a tight hug around the neck. I felt him put his hands on my lower back. "Please don't let me go" he whispered. Just his simple yet sweet voice sent shivers up and down my entire being.. 

.. Then, out of nowhere..

"Text me" I blurted, and let go of him and ran out, leaving him there, probably dumbfounded..

I got into my car and sat there frozen.. Then it hit me..

"TEXT ME!?!?!? WHAT?!?!? OUT OF ALL THE THINGS I COULD'VE SAID, I JUST SAID.... "TEXT ME"?" I scolded myself loudly in the privacy of my own car.

Changmin POV

"Hyung! What's going on? You left practice to come here? What the hell. You've scared the crap out of me, Rachel, and everyone else! Come on, we have to go back, we're not done rehearsing!" I scolded Yunho while he sat frozen on the couch.. "Hyung.. You okay? Did something happen? Where's Rachel? She told me she was coming to find you.."

"She already came" he finally responded.

"....And?"

Yunho stood up slowly and looked at me with a blank expression. "I think we're dating now.." was all he said.. "Okay.." I started and sat Yunho back down on the couch.. 

"Tell me everything that happened"

>>> Later that night>>

Rachel POV

"Rachel.. I seriously need to talk to you.." I heard Amber call for me from downstairs. Since when did she get here?

I calmly sat up from my desk and walked down the stairs. "Hey, when did you get here?" I asked her

"Just now. I have something to apologize to you about. But before that, what was the last thing you remember before you woke up backstage?" she asked

I searched my brain for my last and most recent memories.. "Umm.. I talked to someone on the phone last night around 3am.." And that's where I stopped

"Yeah?? Anything else..?" I asked her again..

"Not that I can recall at the current time. Sorry" I apologized..

Amber POV

"Not that I can recall at the current time.. Sorry" she frowned.. She doesn't remember that she got to talk to Leeteuk the night before we fought.. It's so sad.. 

"Okay.. Well. I have to apologize about the fight we got into earlier today.. Hopefully the memories will come back to you after a good night's sleep" I smiled at her, to which she smiled back. "I have something to tell you.. Yunho asked me out today.." she said.. I felt my eyes grow wider and wider. "He did?!!? Did you say yes?!" I asked..

".. I ... Think so?" she titled her head to the side and closed her eyes.. I rolled my eyes at her

"Seriously.. What am I going to do with you, Rachel?" I said out loud.. 

 

Sorry for the really short lame chapter.. Oh well xD