Breaking the News to Jinki... Again. And Llama Drama

One Twist After Another

Amber POV: 

"Do you wanna play Would You Rather?" I asked Rachel, my former roommate, who was sitting across the small from me. We went out to get coffee since today was a free day for me. My first one since I moved back in with f(x). Rachel said she wanted to see me, but ever since we sat down, she's been distant and she's been zoning out. There must be something on her mind. "Noooo" she sighed slowly. She sounded somewhat.. Sad. "Okay. Is there something wrong? There has to be something on your mind. You ask me to spend my day off with you, and now you're wasting it. Whatever's wrong, I can help you". While I'm ranting Rachel just looks at me with a blank expression. "And don't even start with the 'Oh, I'm such a burden.. I'll just be in the way' crap!" I stopped finally to catch my breath. She took in a deep breath, as if she was about to start a long story. "Well, I was waiting outside my building, for the ice cream man.." She started. "Like you always do" I joked. "Don't interrupt" she snapped. "And I got my ice cream and Jonghyun came to my building to see me. And we went inside and I don't know what set him off but he started to get all jumpy, and he was really hot.. Like he was sick. And his breathing was uneven. And he made me panic. And then..." she stopped. I was dying to hear the rest.. "Yeah, yeah.. And?" I jumped in my seat a little. "He kissed me. He kissed me dude.. And I let him! I let him kiss me! Why did I let him?? I kissed him back, Amber! Why did I do that?! Why did I kiss him back?" She started to rant. I wasn't as shocked as I thought I'd be. Considering that they've kissed before. "Well.. It was just a kiss. So what?" I asked, hoping it was just a kiss. "It wasn't just that! It wasn't what you thinking it was! He kissed me... Like he really did. We made out, Amber! His tongue was in my mouth, Amber! And vise versa. I'm losing my mind. Why did I do that? I can barely talk to Jinki at all. I've been ignoring his calls, his texts. It's just... What do I do??" she started crying. I was totally speechless. This is, most definitely, not even close to our problem at the Christmas party. She slammed her head down on the table. WHAM! Still crying. Her head almost knocked over my coffee. I scrambled to keep my cup standing up. 

"Dude.. It's gunna be fine" I said, trying to make her fell better, but I knew I was failing. "No it's not! I ed up! So bad. I'm gunna lose Jinki! Why Amber? Why? I love Jinki, but why do I have to have feelings for Jonghyun? Why why why why??" she sobbed, getting the table damp with her tears. I could only imagine what's going through her head. "If Jinki really loves you, which we all know he does. He loves you with all his heart and soul, Rachel. Then he won't let your relationship end just because of this one incident. He's the best leader we know, and he'll fix this. He's good at fixing things." I tried to explain to her. "But what if he hurts Jonghyun? Like he did last Christmas? I love Jonghyun. He's my best friend. Next to you. I don't want him to get hurt again. I can't stand to see him in pain. It's the saddest thing ever. I hate seeing anyone in pain, but with Jjong, it's different" she ranted on again. She finally started to calm down. "I know right? He's like a little puppy dog" I said, cracking a small smile. "Look, back then, Jinki wasn't the most stable person in the world. He was really angry a lot. Remember when you told me that you thought his anger was going to ruin your relationship with him? Well, he got better. Everyone has noticed that he's been improving. It's hard to see Jinki hurt his dongsaengs. But he regrets it every time. I just feel like this time, it'll be different" I tried to reassure her. "And if I have anything to say to you that I know it 100% truth, is that Jinki.. Will never hurt you. He'll never lay a finger on you when he's angry. Just take that into account and confront him. Both of you. You and Jonghyun. And do it fast.. Before Jjong beats you to it" I finally stopped. She took a deep breath and a small smile started to appear on her face. She lightly nodded in agreement. "In fact, let's do it right now" I jumped out of my chair. Rachel's smile disappeared in a heartbeat. "What??" she asked promptly before I grabbed her hand and dragged her SHINee's dorm.

Jonghyun POV:

I sat on the couch, watching TV. My stomach stil hurt. I didn't know why I felt so nervous. I have to tell him. I need to do it soon. Before Rachel beats me to it. I spent hours preparing myself... Until.. 

"Hey dude! Wanna go to the movies?" Onew's voice said loudly right next to my ear, which made me jump. I just looked at him, scared of what to do next. Jinki has been in a good mood for the last couple days. I'm gunna hate to ruin it for him. But I just have to. Only god knows how much time I have left. "Well, aren't you gunna come with??" he asked again. A huge smile on his face. I loved his smile, even though I already see it all the time. He's been doing a lot better with his anger. I hope this doesn't trigger him again. I grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him upstairs. I pulled him into his room, sat him down on his bed, shut the door, and locked it. "Jeez, why you gotta be so forceful?" he asked playfully behind me, rubbing his wrist. I took a deep breath. Okay here it goes..

"Hyung, I have a crush on a girl"

"You do?? Good for you!" 

"Yeah.. Not really.."

Is it someone I know?"

"Yes"

"Do I know her well??"

"Ohhhh yeah" 

"What's her name?" 

"Well.."

"NO WAIT! Let me guess..."

"I don't think--"

"Is it Yoona? You were talking with her on the phone the other day.. Hmmm?"

"No.. It's not Yoona"

"Is it... Krystal? I hear she has her eyes on you, actually" 

"No, not Krystal"

"Is it Vic? She might be a little too old for you"

"Here's a hint.. You'll never guess" I said sternly

"Whoa.. Really? Then it isn't someone I know..." 

"No, you know her.." 

"Okkaaay? Then I give up.. Whoever it is, I would love to give you some advice"

"No you wouldn't"

"Okay, now I REALLY give up.. Who is it?"

This was it.. Enough playing around...

"Oh god, is it Amber? Kibum will rip your head off!" he laughed. 

"Hyung, just stop! This is isn't funny! It's not funny at all!" I yelled. Jinki was taken aback by my sudden outburst. But I can tell he knew who it was. "Jonghyun...." he started to say, standing up fromh his bed... He towered over me.. Ugh, I hated being the shortest..

"Is it... Rachel?" he asked.. It was unbelievable. I didn't even have to tell him. Nothing I've ever learned could prepare me for this moment. I just stood there, unable to speak. Jinki was waiting for my response.

"Yes hyung. I have a crush on your girlfriend... I like her a lot. And I shouldn't. I kissed her, hyung. And I'm not allowed. I feel awful and I don't want this to effect our relationship as friends or your's and Rachel's relationship as lovers". I went on.

"Is there... Anything else that you want?" he asked me. He seemed pretty calm. "Yes.. I don't want you to hurt me.. Or Rachel... Physically"

"Now, why on earth would you think I'd do that?" he asked. "Because-" I started, but he cut me off. "Yeah sure, I've been having a lot of troubles with my anger lately... But I've gotten better. And contrary to popular belief, My anger issues are not your fault, or Rachel's fault. Or anyone's fault. It's just how my mother made me. I learned my lesson with you and Minho.. I'll never do it again. Now.. Tell me exactly.. What happened" I could tell Jinki didn't want to hear the full story. I could tell it from the sound of his voice. But I had to do it. I couldn't stop now. I told him what happened at her dorm. How she made me feel the way I felt. How I kissed her, how she kissed me back. And throughout it all, he was trying so hard not fume.

"Please don't be mad at Rachel... I don't know why she kissed me back.. I seriously don't know.. But she did nothing wrong in my opinion. Besides, I started it" I explained.

"I just.. How could you do this to me again, Jonghyun? If I did that to your future girlfriend, that you loved with every part of your everything... I wouldn't be able to look at you... At least not the same way". he told me, sounding more hurt than angry. 

"I'm so sorry. I really wish that I could take it back, but I just can't. And... I'm gunna change my feelings towards her.. For you.." 

"You can't change how you feel, Jonghyun. It's not that simple... It'll never be that simple.."

".... I know..." I sighed in defeat. But he was right. I can't even begin to think of a way to change how I feel about Rachel. I sat down on Jinki's bed and layed on my back. And Jinki layed back next to me. I was so happy that I was still in one piece. But it wasn't over yet. I couldn't tell how he was feeling towards me. I could read Jinki like a book with no pages. I sat up and let out a big sigh. And he copied me and sat up with me. I looked over at him and he had his head down. 

"... She is really beautiful... Isn't she?" he smiled at me. Why is he being like this? I just told him that I like his girlfriend and that I kissed her.. For the second time. I don't get it. 

"Why are being like this, dude?" I said, shaking my head and standing up. I started to walk in circles. "Why am I being like what? I'm trying to make this easy on us. I know that's what you want. Why can't YOU accept my efforts?" he asked me starting to raise his voice. Oh god. I think I just woke the demon. "I'm sorry.. I just..." I tried to say. "I'm trying to be a better person now. You don't think I'm mad? Of course I'm mad. I'm mad at you and I'm mad at her. Just because I'm angry doesn't mean I have to hurt people, flip tables. What do you want from me? How do you want me to react?" he asked. I was totally speechless.. There I go, starting it all up again. "Okay.." Jinki sighed. He sat down on his bed and took a couple deep breaths. "I can tell that you're trying really hard, and I'm so grateful, that you're taking this well. I guess I'm just taken by surprise.. You're right. I really need to accept your efforts" I confessed. Onew nodded and took one more deep breath.  He got closer and looked like he was about to put his arm around my shoulder, but there was a knock at the door. I wonder if that's her. I calmly stepped out of the room and walked downstairs. When I got down, Minho was at the door. When he opened it, the first person I saw was Amber. "We need to see Jinki now" Amber said to Minho. We? Then I saw Rachel, cowering behind Amber's shoulder. When Amber saw me, she shot daggers so painful, that I could feel them. She pointed to me "YOU!" she almost screamed. I jumped when she came at me and took me by the arms and held them behind my back. I guess hyung heard the commotion and came downstairs. "Quick Onew! Hit him in the stomach!" she yelled in my ear. I looked at Jinki and I felt like crying. I knew he wasn't going to hurt me, but the tears just fell on their own. "No! no no no no no!!!" Rachel screamed while she scrambled over to me to block me. "If you're gunna hurt anyone... Hurt me" she choked up. 

Rachel POV:

"Quick Onew! Hit him in the stomach!" I heard Amber yell. I look in the door and I saw Amber holding Jjong's arms behind his back. Jinki just looked at Amber and shook his head violently. Maybe he didn't know yet. I looked back over at Jonghyun. Who was tearing up. "No! no no no no no!!!" I hear myself yell. I throw myself in front of Jonghyun so Jinki couldn't get to him. "If you're gunna hurt anyone... Hurt me" I said, feeling tears starting to fall. "What's going on?" I heard Kibum say coming down the stairs. Amber instantly let go of Jjong and ran over to Key. Jonghyun hit the ground and started to cry, hiding his face with his hands. "Rachel.. I know everything" Jinki whispered. And that's what made me lose it. I didn't know what to do. My legs gave in and I fell to the floor. "I'm so sorry" I tried to say, but only came out as a whisper. My cheeks felt warm and wet with tears. Jinki knelt down next to me, but then he turned around to Key, Minho, and Amber. "Why don't you guys leave the three of us alone for now?" he said calmly. Why is he taking this so well? It's shocking. They all nodded and went upstairs.  When he looked back at me, he gave me a warm hug, something I'd thought I'd never feel again. "Thank you. I thought you would never hug me or touch me again" I said in his shirt. "No.. No.. Of course not..." he said to me, like I was a helpless baby. "Are you mad?" I asked. I was afraid of what he'd say. "Well yeah. Of course I am. At both of you. But I'm not going to hurt anyone. At all. I promise" he said looking me right in the eyes. His face was so precious. I missed his face. But then I forgot. I looked down at the ground and saw Jonghyun on the floor crying. I couldn't just leave him there, so I went down and put my arm around him. I could tell Jinki didn't want us to be close. When I was down giving him my shoulder to cry on, I felt Jinki trying to pull me back up again by the shoudlers. I didn't want to leave my best friend on the floor. I didn't know who to go to. After a while, I finally got up. And then seconds later, Jjong got up too. The three of us sat on the couch. "What should we do?" I asked them. Jinki was sitting in between me and Jjong. "Honestly.. I don't know what to think right now.." Jinki said. Out of all the emotions, I didn't know he'd sound so sad. "I'm sorry" Jonghyun said for the 100th time today. "It's okay. I know you're both sorry.. And I'm not mad anymore. I can't imagine what emotional pain you're both going through" he said honestly. I could feel the hurt in his voice. "Everything will go back to normal. I'll make sure of it" Jonghyun promised. Jinki nodded and smiled. "WE will make sure of it" he changed Jjong's sentence. "So to start off our new start.. We need to state what we want.. Jonghyun.. What do you want? Right now?" Jinki asked looking over at Jjong. "I want your relationship with Rachel to go back to normal. I don't want to ruin anything more" he explained. Jinki nodded. "Rachel?" Jinki looked over at me and asked. "Same here.. And, I just want to spend time with you, love. We've been spending time apart. and I've missed you. I... Just want to hold you.." I said starting to cry again. Jinki started to tear up with me and kissed me on the cheek. I let out a big sigh. "What about you hyung? What do you want most?" Jjong asked. Jinki looked like he thought for a while, then he spoke.. "For the time being..." he started.. I was so scared with what he would say. And so was Jonghyun. "I want you.. to stay away from my girlfriend" he sighed at Jonghyun. I was crushed, but I didn't argue. After he said that, Jjong's face was heartbreaking. I looked away from him when Jinki took my hand and stood up. When I turned around and faced the stairs, Kibum, Minho, Taemin, and Amber were all watching us. They heard the whole thing. Great. Jinki headed for the front door. I looked back one more time and saw Jonghyun still on the couch, waving goodbye. But I didn't wave back. Next thing I know. We're out the door. Before we got to my car, Jinki stopped me and held me. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Anywhere away from here.. I need to hold you.. Please.." he choked. I nodded and said "Of course"

 

 

All done with this chapter. :D and on to the next!