The Chapters of Your Life

One Twist After Another

>>> 2 weeks later 

Amber POV

"Please don't say that.. You're gunna be okay" is all I heard Rachel say on the phone to her brother before I left the room. I hope she-

"Amber.... Come here" she called me back into the room. I just trudged back through the door and sat next to her on the bed.

Rachel POV

It's been two weeks since our family's trip into the woods and everyone has seemed to go back to normal. It was awkward at first, but it's all over now. I'm not doing that next year.. It was finally time to go back to work and I had developed a sinus infection over night. There was no time to call in sick, so I had to go. 

When I was done with my light dancing for the day, I went downstairs to the locker room to put some things away. 

When I'm sick, not gunna lie, I need someone to hug constantly. I'm always asking people for hugs. Even though my mom always told me to stay away from people so you don't spread what you have. If it's contagious that is.. 

But that's not my case. For me, hugs are my medicine. They're just that important. 

While I wandered around the locker room at other people's lockers, I looked up at the names on top and smiled. My name was the only one in English. While I stood in front of my locker and looked for space to put my work out clothes, I stole a glance at the empty locker next to mine. The locker had been empty as long as I can remember. But it wasn't until now that I realized that it actually had a name..

"Jaejoong?" I read in my head. Jaejoong was a part of TVXQ when they were still a five member group. I had no idea his locker was right next to mine, and even weirder, I can't believe it's still here. 

After I found Jaejoong's old locker next to mine, I looked around to find Yoochun's and Junsu's lockers, which I did. Yoochun's was next to Jonghyun's locker and Junsu's was next to Yuri's.

I decided since I had nothing better to do, I looked around more. What struck me was that there were twelve lockers all side by side, with no names and no contents. They looked brand new, as if they were reserved.. Strange..

"Twelve new lockers" I said out loud. Speaking made my throat hurt even more. I just shrugged and looked around more. I found another locker that was empty, but it had a name. "Kibum"

Kibum is a member of Super Junior, but his singing career is on hiatus because he'd rather act. I smiled and thought of the stories I've been told about him and the pictures I've seen. He's a cute guy.

I looked next to his at another locker which was empty.. Leeteuk's

I put my hand in the locker and sighed. When I took my hand out, I looked to my left. There was another locker that was empty and had a name. But as close as I got to the locker, I still didn't recognize the name.

"Hankyung?" I said aloud. Why does that name oddly ring a bell?

"Hankyung left" I heard a voice behind me, I was engulfed by lockers and I didn't know where the voice came from. I stepped out into the open and saw Yunho, standing outside his locker putting clothes in. "He left Super Junior around 2009.. a little over a year before you came along" he smiled at me. His smile made my heart warm up. There was something about his smile that made me feel nice. "If.. Would you still hug me if I told you I was sick?" I asked him quietly. He looked at me shortly but continued to put things in and take things out of his locker. I just looked away and felt my face blush. "That was a dumb thing to say" I thought. I looked back over to him. He looked at me, sighed, and rushed putting the rest of his things in his locker. He rushed putting the lock on and pulled me closer to him. When I realized that he hugged me, I sighed in relief. Even though it was maybe my 10th hug today, I was still happy. "I'm really happy to see you.." I blurted out. "I'm happy to see you too.. Is there anything that you need? That'll make you feel better?" he asked me while he hugged me tighter and put his chin on my shoulder. "No. Not that I can think of" I answered truthfully. 

We finally pulled apart and I looked over at the twelve vacant lockers and turned to Yunho. "Why are there twelve empty lockers?" I asked. I wonder if he knows. "Possibly for that new group" he said calmly. My eyes widened. "New group?" 

"Yeah.. They're debuting soon... You didn't know?" he asked me. I just shook my head in astonishment. Yunho shrugged, then smiled, taking me by the arms. "How are you feeling?" he asked

"I'm fine.. I guess" I lied. I feel like sh*t. Yunho embraced me again. "Liar" he sighed. I rolled my eyes. Am I that easy to figure out?

-----

"So a twelve member boy band.. Why didn't anyone tell me?" I asked Jonghyun while we walked down the hall together. "I guess this is proof that you're not very involved" Jonghyun shrugged. "I am to in--" I tried to argue, but I could feel a sudden sting in my throat and started coughing. Jonghyun cringed and felt my forehead. If I keep this up, I'm gunna lose my voice. "You're going to lose your voice. Be quiet.." he sighed and gave me a light hug. "Anyway. When are they debuting? Soon?" I asked as we continued walking. "Uuuhm" he hummed, looking up at the ceiling. 

"In a couple weeks... Decemeber 12th if I'm correct.." Eunhyuk walked over to us next to Donghae.. While we talked, or.. While the guys talked, I couldn't help but notice that Donghae kept looking at me. It was okay to look at me, but it started getting weird. 

We finally got done talking and Jonghyun and I drove to Starbucks to see Minjung. 

"You're sick??" she whined when she heard the "big news". I just nodded and looked away, avoiding the look she was giving me. "Then go home! What are you doing out? You need your rest!" she sounded like a mother. "Wait! I can't. I promised Amber, Changmin, and Yunho that I'd go out to dinner with them in a couple hours" I whined back. Minjung rolled her eyes and pushed me out the door. "Then get out of my coffee shop.. If you won't get better, then don't get my costumers sick" she hissed and at that, I was out the door. I looked into the glass and watched Jonghyun and Minjung kiss. A long smile made it's way to my face

Nothing could describe the happiness for the fact that Jonghyun had found someone else.

------

When I met up with Amber to go to dinner with TVXQ, I wore a simple blue and gold shirt and black skinny jeans, while Amber wore.. Her Amber clothes.

"So.. What do you wanna talk about?" Changmin asked across the table to me. I sat next to Yunho while Amber sat next to Changmin. Changmin wanted to sit next to me, but when I revealed that I was sick, he made sure to sit on the other side, no questions asked. 

I looked around. "Uhhhm, I didn't know we were here to dicuss things" I laughed. I could tell from the corner of my eye that Yunho was looking at me, smiling. Jeez, first Donghae, not Yunho. Am I more attractive when I'm sick?

"I actually wanted to talk. It was my idea" Amber confessed and started talking about something I didn't care about.

Yunho and Changmin were cracking jokes when I got a text from Onew

---

To: Rachel
From: Onew

How are you feeling? Are you resting? :)

---

I looked around.. "Just tell him the truth" I rolled my eyes and thought in my head. 

---

To: Onew
From: Rachel

Somewhat.. I'm on a dinner date with Amber, Changmin, and Yunho

---

What?? You're not at home resting? :O

Jeez. Sorry :/ I'll be okay

No. I want you to feel better :(

I will!

When? :( I want to be able to kiss my healthy girlfriend

---

I laughed at the text he sent. 

---

You will soon :)

Really? Call me when you get home. I'll come over to take care of you!

No! You'll get sick :/

Does it sound like I care? :3

No, cause I'm texting you and I can't hear you. lololol

-___- You know what I mean!

I know what you mean xD fine, take the risk.. I'll call you when I get home..

Okay... Bye love :D <3

---

At that, I turned my phone off and joined in the conversation, even though I could literally feel my voice fading

--- 

After dinner was over, Amber and Changmin started walking to the car, Yunho stopped me and turned me around. "What are you doing after this?" he asked. "I'm gunna go home and rest. Onew is coming over to take care of me" I sighed and looked up at the night sky.. Yunho frowned at the last part of my sentence "Why? Something wrong?" 

"Guess he beat me to it.. Well, he is your boyfriend.." he giggled. I instantly felt bad, even though I shouldn't. What do I do? Call up Onew and tell him not to come because I choose Yunho over him? I can't do that. "Some other time" I smiled. "You're not gunna be sick forever" he did a half smile. I laughed at his comment. "Tell you what. Tomorrow, the four of us can hang out at my place" I proposed. But he still didn't seem satisfied. "What now?" I asked. "I just... Never mind. Let me get you out of the cold weather at least" he smiled and led me to the car.

On the ride home, I remembered my conversation with Yunho and how it all went down. How he seemed sad even when I asked him if he wanted to spend time with Changmin and Amber. Why wouldn't he be happy to here that. I really do want to spend time with him. 

That's when I realized. He doesn't want to be with Changmin and Amber.. He wants to hang out with me.. Just me. Alone. 

And to that thought, why do I suddenly feel awkward around him? I looked over at him and sighed. I watched as he kept his eyes on the road while he drove.

What if he has feelings for me? Is that it? Cause if he does... We're gunna have another problem. 

----

"Goodbye lovely!" Changmin yelled out the window innocently. He gave me the nickname "lovely"

Honestly, at first, I thought it was Changmin who had the potential feelings, but now Yunho? Why?

"Hey I'm home.." I said into the phone to Onew. "Okay. Be over in a bit. Love you" he giggled into the phone.

When he came over, we watched a movie, then suggested that I go to sleep early. Which I obliged 

"Yeobo... I have to tell you something.. Actually two things" I said to him while he sat next to me on my bed. "What is it" he smiled

"I think one of our friends has a crush on me" I confessed. I couldn't stop thinking of Yunho. "A friend. Who?" he asked. "Jung Yunho" I simply replied. Onew took in a huge sigh. "Why did I have to pick such an attractive girl?" he laughed and covered his face with his hands. "What do I do?" I asked him. He took a minute and looked up at me. "What do you think you should do?" he asked with a straight face. "Well I told him that we can hang out tomorrow with Amber and Changmin, but I think he'd rather spend time with me alone" I cringed. Onew nodded. "Well... Yunho is very respectful. I really doubt he'll try to make a move on you knowing that you're not single. You should let him come over tomorrow alone" he suggested

"But why? I can't do that without feeling awkward" I confessed. "Sure you can! You're strong like that!" he smiled and kissed me on the cheek. "And the other thing?" 

I took in a deep breath and told him the news.

---

When I woke up. The sun was out and I felt that "I'm-sick-and-I-just-woke-up" feeling. I looked at the clock. 11:39am. "Well at least I got a good amount of sleep" I thought and got up to take a shower. 

For a moment, I had a feeling that I had lost more of my voice. I checked by singing in the shower. I just shrugged. "Sounds pretty good to me"

When I ate breakfast and got dressed, I just sat on the couch and popped in movie after movie until the clock struck 3pm.  "I should seriously do something.. I can let my day go to waste, even if I am sick" I thought while I got up and put more decent clothes on, but I was interrupted by a knock on the door.

When I opened it, I saw Donghae. 

"Donghae? What are you doing here?" I asked him. He looked shy, but he usually isn't. "I'm going.. to my dad's burial sight today to visit him. And I don't wanna go alone" he smiled at me. "But why me?" I asked.

"Not that I don't want to hang out with you" I realized what I said and saved myself. He just giggled. "Because your dad passed away too, and you're the only person I know that truly understands" he explained. I just nodded my head slowly, taking in what he said. 

"Okay.. Fine." I agreed and picked out a scarf by the door. Donghae smiled at me. 

On our way to the cemetary, the car ride was silent. I couldn't let it be like this. "Do you visit your dad often?" I asked him. Without taking his eyes off the road, he replied "Not often enough.. What about you?". I felt my head drop. "I... never have"

Donghae looked over at me in shock. "Never?"

"Yeah, they buried him after I moved all my things to South Korea. I'm just lucky I got to go to his funeral. I haven't had a chance to go back to the states yet" I explained. 

I could hear Donghae sigh. "Well, maybe soon you will.."

We had finally made it to the semetary. When we got out of the car, Donghae reached into the backseat and pulled out two bouquets of flowers. He shut to door to his car and handed a bouqet to me.

While we walked through the graveyard, we walked slowly and read the stones. The cold breeze made it more painful to breathe. 

I looked up at the overcast sky and sighed. Yunho came to my mind suddenly. "Oh yeah! We're gunna hang out today" I thought. When I looked down, I saw that Donghae was looking down at one tombstone. I assumed that it was his father's and approached slowly. When I made it by Donghae's side, I laid the flowers on the stone and bent my head down in silence. Some noise beside me made me open my eyes. Donghae was on his knees.

"Hi dad. How have you been?" he asked. I watched as Donghae had a conversation with his father's reasting place. I stayed quiet and put my hand on his shoulder. Somewhere in the conversation, he started to tear up. "I love and miss you so much, appa. And I'm sorry I never come to see you anymore.. Did you miss me?" he rambled on in tears. His words reminded me of my dad. And that's when I gave up. I knelt down on my knees next to Donghae and left the tears fall. "This is my friend, appa.. Her name is Rachel.. Isn't she beautiful?" Donghae asked. I wiped the tears off of my face and laid my head on his shoulder and took his hand in mine. I used his jacket to wipe any more tears that would fall from my eyes. 

After a few minutes of silent crying, I started to feel faint and lowered my head closer to the ground and my body started to lean foward. Then I felt Donghae grab me by the arms and pull me back up. It was so difficult to keep my balance. I tried to sit up properly, but then I started to fall backwards. He pulled me towards him and I leaned on his chest. Everything started to get dark, as if my eyes were closing.

"This was a mistake. I should not have made you come outside in this weather while you're sick.. I'm taking you home now" I heard his voice shaking in my ear. 

When he tried to pick me up, I finally snapped out of it. While we walked back to his car, it started to rain. 

"I'm so sorry" he said again. By this time, I'd finally regained my strength enough to speak. "It's fine. Please don't feel bad" I begged. Donghae's tears wouldn't stop. "Stop the car" I ordered him flatly. He looked over at me confused, but finally obeyed and pulled over. As soon as I heard the engine shut down completely, I unbuckeled my seat belt and wrapped my arms around him since the driver's seat and the passenger seat were connected like one big long seat. "It's okay.. Seriously. I'm still alive, aren't I?" I shushed him while he cried. "I've just been feeling so emotional today and I don't know why..." Donghae cried. I reached up and patted his head. "It's okay.. Let it out.." I kept repeating in his ear while he sobbed. I have definitely never seen Donghae like this. It took him a good five minutes to finally calm down and breathe normally again. "Please take me home. I have somewhere to go" I sighed and pulled my body away from his 

Next day>>> Yunho POV

"Hey dude. Wake up! I have something that I think you should know.." I heard Changmin say faintly. Half awake, I sat up in bed. "Is it important?" I yawned. 

"Well I think it's important to you.."

"Then tell me" I said irritated. This better be good..

"Rachel left..." I heard the two words come out of his mouth.. "She was here? Since when?" I asked, praying that's what he meant. "She wasn't here.. Please don't get upset" 

"Changmin-ah..." I felt my voice shake as I got up to look at him. "Where is she?"

"She's leaving the country" Changmin gulped. My heart stopped. "But.. Why?" I could barely spit out. "She's going to see her brother in the U.S.. She said he's sick.. She'll-" 

I didn't let him finish as I ran downstairs and grabbed my phone and dialed Rachel's number. 

3rd person POV

Rachel stood outside the gate of the plane patiently. They were just about to board when Yunho came to her mind. "I totally forgot to tell him I'm leaving!" she thought in panic. "Well, I'm pretty positive Changmin has found out, he'll let him know" 

But she still felt bad, because she never got a chance to tell him personally. 

While she sat in one seat in the airport, her phone started to ring. She looked down at the screen and read "Incoming call : Yunho"

She took in a sigh of relief and answered "Hey.." she said into the phone. "What's wrong with you?" he yelled into the phone. "You didn't tell ME you're leaving! Why would you just leave us so suddenly?" 

"Yunho.. Calm down! I'll be back in a few weeks" she yelled back. Yunho could feel a sudden flush of relief make it's way throughout his body. "Why.. Why are you leaving?" he asked. Rachel's head was filled with memories of her brother. "My brother.. Is sick.. I need to go see him and talk to his doctor" she confessed. Yunho took in a deep breath before talking again. "Does he really.. Need you?" he asked, hoping not to upset her.

"I have to go, Yunho. I don't care what you say, what Amber says, what Onew says.. .....I refuse to lose another family member" she said flatly.. She could feel a tear fall from her eye. Yunho stayed silent..

Just then 

"Attention! Flight 334 departing for the United States is now boarding!" Rachel heard over the loud speaker and stood up. "I'm boarding. I have to hang up now.." she sighed and got ready to press the 'end call' button. 

"Wait!" Yunho stopped her. Rachel listened for what he had to say..

"I'll miss you.." 

Rachel wiped her tears and smiled. "I'll miss you too.. Oppa" she said. Yunho's eyes widened. "Wait.. What did you say?" he asked, but his phone beeped, letting him know that the call had ended. Rachel had hung up on him. 

Rachel picked up her carry-on bag and started walking for the gate. When she walked through the terminal, into the economy class cabin on the plane, and sat down in a seat next to the window, she smiled and watched the sun rise.

Yunho lowered his phone from his face and looked to his right at Changmin. "What did she say??" he asked frantically. Yunho realized what had just happened and smiled. 

"She called me oppa" Yunho blushed