Moving Out?

One Twist After Another

Amber POV: >>>>>Two months later. Late May

I woke up at 6am. Again. My body has a built in alarm clock. I swear... After I got outta bed, I looked over at Rachel. She was still sleeping soundly. I wanted to do something evil to wake her up, but I thought that would be a bad idea, remembering what happened last time I woke her up early. Never again... I guess I was just jealous that she got to sleep in later than me.

I went into the kitchen and made myself a small breakfast. I had to be at the SM building by 7:45, to meet f(x). We had to practice for our comeback.

When I got to the SM building, all of my members were waiting for me. "Hey! Where have you been?" Sulli barked. 

"I got here on time, you guys.. You said 7:45am. It's 7:50" I said pointing to my phone. "Stop attacking her, Sul" Victoria demanded. "She's just a little crabby because we all had to wake up early. Where's Rachel? I thought you said you'd bring her so we can all hang out today." our leader continued. "Yeah! What gives? I want to show some new music I put on my phone" Luna pouted. I definitely felt like I was being attacked. But they were my members and I loved them.

"She was sleeping when I woke up. I didn't want to wake her.... Remember the last time I did? She almost broke my collarbone.." I sighed at the grueling memory. My members in the room all nodded and giggled. "Stop laughing! It's not funny!" I said, my voice cracked a little. "It was funny to us..." Krystal giggled in the corner while she stretched. "Let's stop wasting time.. We gotta get ready for our comeback!" Victoria said in a stern voice. "This is gunna be a long day" I thought in my head. Maybe Rach will come to visit, if she remembers.

Rachel POV: 

My eyes opened slooooowwwwwly. "Ughh" I heard myself moan. I got up out of bed slowly so I wouldn't crack anything. I feel so old! But I'm only in my 20's! I looked over at the clock. 7:55am. That's pretty early for me. I looked over at Amber's empty bed. I guess she's already practicing with f(x). 

I trudged slowly to the kitchen. "What should I do today?" I asked myself out loud. Then the light bulb went off in my head. I was supposed to go with Amber to the SM building so we can spend the day together with the girls. Why didn't she wake me up? I'm gunna kick her !

Amber POV:

And for the eigteenth time today, we went over our dance again. And the worst part, the floor to the dance room was all wet with water. and we were all slipping and falling. We asked for a janitor to wipe it up, but nobody came. "I don't wanna practice anymore" Sulli whined. I agreed with her in my head. "I think that's enough for today" the leader finally declared. Me, Luna, Krystal, and Sulli all sighed in relief. It was going on 11am. "Have you called Rachel yet?" Krystal asked me. "She texted me an hour ago saying that she was going grocery shopping, then she'd come... But she is taking a while.. I wonder-" I was suddenly cut off when someone opened the door.

"WHO'S HUNGRY?? I BROUGHT US ALL SNACKS AND I-" Rachel had barged in, but was shortly silenced when she slipped on the wet floor and fell right on her hip, her reading glasses flew right off her face. "OOOOOOHHHHHHH" the five of us all cringed when Rachel's hip bone smashed against the floor. Luna and Victoria were the first to run to her aid

"Jesus H, are you okay?" Luna asked, trying to help her up. "The floor is really slippery. We've been falling all morning" Sulli complained. Rachel was finally standing up. "It's okay. Hip bones are harder than concrete, studies show. And I drink plenty of milk. I didn't feel a thing" Rachel giggled, trying to walk off the pain. She started to walk in circles around the room, clutching her hip. 

"That sounded like it hurt" I chirped. "It's okay dude.." she laughed, still circling us. "I wouldn't walk too fast.. I know it hurts but you don't have to walk.. Maybe you should walk it off in the hallway, where there's carpet." Vic suggested. Rachel wasn't paying attention when she fell again. This time on her . She didn't seem to have any reaction. But the five us couldn't help but cackle. "Okay, I know that hurt you dude.. But that was really funny" I said trying to contain my laughter

We all calmed down.. And after a while we were all sitting in the middle of the room. I was talking to Sulli and Vic, Krystal was reading a book, and Rachel and Luna were listening to music on Luna's phone. "So!" Vic yelled to get everyone's attention. Everyone circled up to listen to f(x)'s leader. 

"Who's up for a girl's day out?" she asked. Without hesitation, Luna and Rachel scream out "YES!" Krystal followed by chirping "Yes please!". Then Sulli and I start fist pumping. "Party.." "Yeah" we both said in between fist pumps. 

Throughout the day, we went out to lunch, we went shopping for hours and tried to get discounts on food. Went to dinner, then we went to the movies and movie hopped. We watched almost 4 movies, then the building closed. At 2am, we all went home. Rachel and I totally and utterly crashed, big time. 

Rachel POV:

The next day, after my day with f(x), I got up at almost 10am, way too late for me. I was woken up by my phone ringing. It was f(x)'s manager. Before I picked it up, I looked over at Amber's bed, which was empty. I turned back to my phone, and picked it up. "Yobseyo?" I answered. Their manager wanted to see me right away. I felt like I had done something wrong.

When I got to the SM building, I went straight to the office. When I got there, All of f(x) was there. I scooted over to Amber "What's going on?" I whispered. "We don't know" she whispered back. And at that, their manager came into the room and sat down. "I've made a desicion..." she started.. "Over the past year, Amber has been under the same roof as Rachel. When you first came to us, you requested that Rachel and Amber stay together since they were a brand new music project and you were put to work. Since f(x) has risen up and is making their comeback soon, I have decided that we move Amber back into the same dorm as f(x)." 

Amber looked a little shocked, along with the rest of us. 

"But unni, Rachel and Amber-" Krystal tried to argue. "Noize is nothing more than a music project. f(x) is a band that we've put so much effort into. You should all be happy with my desicion" Manager unni explained her thoughts. I was so stunned. "Noize shall continue activities and you're allowed to see each other. But considering that Amber and Rachel have not been allowed a comeback from the company, and won't for quite some time, it is easier for f(x) to get their jobs done without Rachel, as a burden. I know what you all did yesterday.. That was very wrong and very uncalled for. f(x) should be working" she scowled at me. When she said this, Victoria lowered her head. She must've felt bad since the "girl's day out" was her idea. "We will be moving Amber out of the dorm immediately. Any questions, comments, or concerns?" manager unni asked us.. Everyone was dead silent, until I broke the ice. "I fully respect your desicion unni" I said quietly. She nodded at me. "I understand that f(x) has much work to do, and I can't get in the way. I'm trully sorry.. For my actions and my behavior" I continued. I could feel a small tear fall from my eye.. I can't believe they were going to take Amber away from me. But it was true. f(x) is much more important than Noize has ever been in every way. I gave their manager a 90 degree bow and walked out of the room with my head down. I closed the door, and put my ear against it so I could hear. "But unni.. That means Rachel... will be all alone" Luna sighed. "She'll live all alone?" Vic asked. Then silence....

"For the time being" manager unni sighed. I could hear sympathy in her voice. And with that, the tears finally fell. I ran for the front door of the building. I got in my car and drove to the dorm. When I got there, there were already people taking Amber's things and putting them into a truck. I tried to go through the front door, but a moving man stopped me "This is where I live, sir" I declared. "Please stay out of the building until we're finished" he demanded. I sighed and sat outside the door and watched them take things out of my dorm. Time passed and Amber got to the dorm and sat next to me. We watched the movers gut my dorm of all of Amber's belongings. After ten minutes. Amber spoke up "They can't do this" she said crying. "They have to. This is the right thing to do. I can't be a burden to you and f(x)".

"But you're not a burden! You're my best friend! You've taught me and loved me and accepted me more than anyone ever has!" She yelled and cried. I pulled her close to me and held her while she cried. She cried until the movers took everything of her's out of my dorm and before we knew it, they finally took Amber herself. She pouted while they put her in the front seat of the moving truck. I watched as they slowly drove away. When I couldn't see them anymore, I went back into my dorm, to see what was left of it. Many of the kitchen appliances were missing since Amber liked to cook. Our couch was stripped of all of her stuffed animals and quilts. I walked slowly until our room where we would always sit and talk. It was OUR room. It had music, radios, pictures, chairs, anything you could think of. And now it was completely empty. Everything was gone. I was hesitant of going into my room. But I finally did. When I looked in, her bed was gone, all of our pictures were gone, I looked in the dresser and the closet. All of her clothes were gone. Many of the closets in the hallway were empty. And I felt empty. I felt so alone. They dorm was so quiet. It wasn't our dorm anymore. It was merely... My dorm.

Days passed... The quietness and stillness of the dorm was killing me slowly. I couldn't invite or have Amber or the rest of f(x) over until after their comeback and their goodbye stage. I tried to ask my landlord for permission to have a pet cat, but it was no use.I convinced myself that this is what was right. Amber belonged with f(x) more than she ever did with me. Nobody belonged with me, and I was completely alone... 

Key POV:

We're back in Korea, after a long trip to Japan. It's finally getting hot outside and I'm so ready for summer. I also missed our friends back home. I missed Amber.

When we got back to the dorm, we all crashed, of course. I fell asleep on my bed. My comfortable bed... Ooooh it felt so nice... When I woke up, 8 hours had passed and it was 7am. I felt a lot more well rested.

"Hyung, can we go see Amber and Rachel?" I asked Onew. "Well I called Rachel before I went to bed last night and she didn't pick up. I'm not so sure we're allowed yet. They might be busy" he explained. 'Well yeah I guess' I thought in my head. "I miss them too. But I think I'll wait until we get permission". I guess that's the right thing to do, but my patience will run short. 

"See ya guys! I'll be back later!" Jjong yelled throughout the living room, car keys in hand. "Where do you think you're going?" Onew asked him while Jonghyun grabbed the door knob. "I'm gunna go see Rachel and Amber!" he smiled and strutted out the door. "But--" Onew was cut off when Jjong shut the door. Minho and Taemin ran down the stairs. "What's going on? Who slammed the door?" Taemin asked me. "I guess we're going to Rachel and Amber's dorm" I shrugged. And with that, all five of us were out the door. 

When we got there, Minho, Taemin and Onew were all standing at the door while they waited for Jjong and I. When we were all outside the door, Taemin knocked and rang the door bell. "We're back you guys!" Minho yelled with a smile on his face. There was silence, we waited outside for almost a minute and a half, then Taemin knocked on the door again. Then another thirty seconds passed, but we weren't budging. We really wanted to see them. Then we heard footsteps. They got closer and closer until someone finally opened the door. It was Rachel. 

"Look! We're back!" Minho yelled again. He seemed really happy to be home. Rachel smiled brightly and immediately let us in. "Thank you so much! Thank you for coming! I'm so happy you guys are here!" she smiled, giving us all tight hugs and kisses on the cheek. She seemed really clingy. 

"We were wondering if you and Amber wanted to go out to eat maybe, if you guys aren't busy" I chirped in behind Onew, who was cuddling with Rachel. Rachel's smile dropped the second she heard Amber's name. "O-oh" she stuttered. We started to surround her. Her elated mood dropped to the ground. "What's wrong?" Jjong asked. "Guys, Amber's not here" she sighed. I was starting to panic. What did she mean she wasn't here? "What... what do you mean?" I asked. I could feel my voice tremble. 

"She doesn't live here anymore... I live alone now" Rachel sighed, choking up. 

There wasn't that much SHINee in this chapter.. But there will be soon :D Hope everyone is having a good summer