My Fantastic Korean Halloween Part 3 : The Big Day

One Twist After Another

October 31st

Jonghyun POV

-------

"I'm lost. I'm so lost. I admit it. We're lost" I said to my other members while we walk around in the dark forest in our Halloween costumes. "What?? How?" Minho yelled at me. "Hyung. Why did you get us lost?" Taemin asked on the brink of tears "It's so scary out here"

I was about to turn around to comfort Taemin, but a big truck drove past us loudly. Whoever was behind the wheel honked their horn and I jumped out of the empty street to avoid to on coming traffic. I fell to the ground and covered my eyes with my hands. Soon, the truck was long past us and and I looked around. I couldn't see much. "GUYS! Are you alright?" 

No response. 

"You guys?"

Still no response. I started to breathe heavier and faster. I was on the edge of the street when I started to back up. I ended up falling backwards into the woods all by myself. I rolled down the small hill painfully. Finally, I made it to a halt and looked up to the moon and sighed. "This is all my fault" 

I heard rustling in the leaves to my right and saw someone standing in the distance in a big field. I got up slowly and approached even slower. The person had their back to me and they were slightly shorter than me and wearing a hood. The person was also looking at another figure about 40 feet away. I approached the short figure that was closer to me until I was only 10 feet away. I was about to talk until the short figure knelt down, clutched their stomach, and vomited. 

I looked away at the disgusting scene. To distract myself. I looked further to other figure that was still 30 feet away. I finally found out that it was Siwon, dressed in his Slender man costume. "Siwon hyung. Help me out here. This person is sick" I called out to him. But he just stood there and stayed silent. The person who just got sick seconds prior stood up again. "Jonghyun-ah" the person said. It was a girl. And her voice sounded so familiar. The girl turned around to look at me and her hood fell off. It was Rachel

"That's not Siwon" she shivered

My heart stopped. "Wha-?" I whispered and looked back to the figure in the distance, only to find that he wasn't there anymore. Then I realized..

Slender man was standing behind me...

-------

Jonghyun hyung! Wake up! Wake uuuuup!" I heard Taemin faintly. My eyes snapped open. I felt covered with sweat, my heart beating a mile a minute. I had to let it out

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" I had to let a scream. That nightmare felt so real, and unlike most dreams that you forget the moment you wake up, I couldn't erase it from my mind. 

When I could finally see, Taemin jumped back and looked at me like I was insane. "What's wrong? I only wanted to wake you up. It's almost noon and we have things to do. It's Halloween!" Taemin explained with a smile. Oh yeah, it was Halloween. I still felt a little shock from the nightmare when I looked up at Taemin. "Oh yeah, right. Sorry I didn't get up.." I apologized and sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes. Scenes from the nightmare flashed in my head. The first one was when Rachel puked in the grass. "Where's Rachel?" I blurted out. 

I looked up at Taemin, who just shrugged. "Probably still at home decorating" he replied. I nodded and stood up. "Well get out now! I'm gunna take a shower" I ordered the maknae out of my room. He just rolled his eyes and trudged out. "Hurry up!" he yelled. I swear, the more time I work with Taemin, the more disrespectful he becomes.

I the shower head and felt the hot steam fill the bathroom. As I bathed, I couldn't stop thinking about my nightmare, and also worried that I couldn't forget it. 

Onew POV

I looked in the mirror at my astronaut costume and smiled. Rachel was behind me getting dressed in her alien costume on. 

"How do I look?" I smiled and turned around to face her. She looked up at me and smiled. 

"That is one y astronaut" she laughed. "I'm also your astronaut. Want me to take you to the moon?" I asked her while I got closer. She giggled. "Take me away brave one" she said melodramtically. I laughed and laid my hands on her hips gently. I looked down at her alien costume and smirked. "This is one y alien. Let me take you back to your home planet" I giggled. "Okay... " she said, grabbed my face, and pulled me into a kiss.

---- 

After I tried my costume on for the first time, I got back into my regular clothes and went into the living room to see Yoona doing Amber's make-up. "Hi, Onew oppa" Yoona greeted me. "Hey. Why are you putting make up on Amber?" I asked. She just shrugged. "I'm gunna do everyone's make-up tonight. Since me and Amber got bored, I decided to do her make her prettier, since she refuses to do it herself. I also brought her some pretty clothes" Yoona explained. I nodded and waiting for Amber's face. "I can't help it. I've never put make-up like this on my face before.." she argued and crossed her arms. She was wearing clothes Yoona and the rest of SNSD would wear. I didn't know Amber had such a nice figure. "Okay! I'm done" Yoona chirped and spun Amber around in the chair to show me. Her face was covered in make up and she had fake eye lashes. "Whoa. You look really pretty. If only Key was here" I laughed. "He's actually on his way. So whatever you do.. Do not touch your face. It's so perfect!" Yoona exclaimed. "Why do you have to be so girly?" Amber asked. 

Just then, Rachel came in and saw Amber. "I thought you were gunna be a dinosaur. Not a ballerina" she joked. Amber gave her a death glare and stuck her tongue out. "Yoona got bored so she painted on your face" Rachel continued. Amber sighed and nodded. Then, there was a knock at the door. I opened it to see Jonghyun, Key, and Ryeowook. Key came in first and approached Amber slowly. "Who did this to you?" He asked alarmed. Amber just pointed to the kitchen, where Yoona was washing her hands off. "Yah! You did her make-up??" Key screamed from the living room. He sounded pissed. 

"Uuuh, yeah? What's the big deal?" Yoona snapped back. Key looked back down and looked at her again. Surprisingly, he started to gush. "SHE LOOKS B E A U T I F U L !!!!!!".

Everyone took a step back and let him fanboy over his girlfriend. I stood in the corner when I got a text. I was about to answer but Jonghyun rushed in. When he saw Rachel, he ran up to her and embraced her. He looked worried. Very worried. What was wrong with Jjong that made him like this. "Are you okay" I heard him ask her. Rachel just nodded and looked at him weird. Ryeowook approached them and tapped Rachel on the shoulder. "You have my costume?" he asked her. She snapped her fingers and said "Oh yeah, right". She started walking back to her room while Ryeowook followed. Key and Yoona gushed over Amber's make-up, Rachel and Ryeowook were trying on his costume, which left me and Jonghyun to talk. "Yah. What's wrong?" I asked him from behind. He jumped and turned around to me with a worried look that would refuse to leave his face. "If you need someone to hug, find your girlfriend" I hissed. I started to feel jealous. "Let me explain" he stated. Jonghyun told me about his creepy dream and Rachel's involvment. "I just... needed to see that she was okay. That nightmare it.. I can't stop thinking about it" he said and tore at his hair. "Shhh, calm down. Just take a seat.. And a breath" I ordered him to sit down on the couch. 

While Jonghyun took a breather, I rubbed his back. "Are you mad at me?" he asked. I looked down at him and sat next to him "Of course not. If I had a nightmare with Minjung in it, I'd search for her to see if she was okay." I explained. Even though I probably wouldn't. "Really?" he asked. I looked up the ceiling, realizing that I probably wouldn't. "No.. I don't know her that well.." I sighed and patted his back. 

Soon, Ryeowook came out wearing his pirate costume. "You look good dude!" Key smiled and high fived him. "Thanks" Ryeowook simply replied. While everyone ooh'd and aww'd at Ryeowook costume, I saw Jonghyun pulling Rachel aside out of the corner of my eye. They whispered for a little while, then he dragged he into the hallway, then into her room. "I trust him. Keep your distance, Jinki" I thought. 

Rachel POV

I didn't have enough time to register what was happening when Jonghyun dragged me into my own room and sat me down on my bed. He knelt down and looked up at me. "What's going on?" I asked him. He looked worried. He looked down and sighed, then looked up at me. "Did you have a nightmare last night?" he asked. What kind of question is that? "Uhhm, no? I didn't dream at all. Why?" I asked feeling slightly uncomfortable. Jonghyun stood up and faced the wall. "I had this nightmare last night. You were in it... I can't.. get it out of my head. It was so scary.. I've never felt this way about a nightmare before" he explained to me while he looked away from me. I didn't know what to say. 

"I'm sorry about that.. I guess. I'm not sure how to react to that" I confessed. Jonghyun turned around to look at me and knelt down again. "I'm just really happy to see that you're okay. That's all" he sighed and scratched the back of his neck. "If it's okay, will you tell me what the nightmare was about?" I asked him a painful question. He closed his eyes. Jonghyun looked like he was about to speak, but didn't get the chance when the door flew open. 

"We're going last minute candy shopping!" Taemin squealed. Jonghyun stood up and shooed him out. "Taemin, we'll be out in a sec" he said pushing him out the door and turning back over to me. "I'd rather not talk about it. Maybe tomorrow" he smiled and took my hand, gesturing me to get up and meet everyone in the living room with him.

As Taemin said, Me, Jonghyun, Onew, Taemin, Key, Siwon, Ryeowook, Henry, Yesung, Yoona, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Krystal, and Amber took to the markets to find any candy that hadn't been sold yet. As I went out with my usual friends, there was one who was invited to spend time with us. He wasn't dressing up, but his other band member was. I don't usually talked to either of them, but one of them came with, which I took as an oppurtunity to get to know him better. I admired his powerful voice and charming nature.

Max Changmin

I turned into another isle and saw Changmin standing alone looking at a colorful bag of candy. He seemed to keep his distance from the rest of the group, but I was about to change that. I was about to walk up to him but he looked at another smaller bag of candy and started to fangirl. 

"Oooooh!" he exclaimed quietly. I giggled at his immaturity, which he tried his hardest to never show. I bravely walked up to him and laughed out loud. He jumped at my sudden entrance and snapped back to reality. "Found your favorite candy I see" I assumed and picked up the small bag of candy and read the print.

He didn't say anything. He just looked down at me. I was almost a foot shorter than him. I looked up at him, his cheeks bright red. He looked away fast and rubbed the back of his neck. Everything he did was so hilarious. After I looked down at the candy bag again, I just shrugged and put it back on the shelf and started walking to my right. Then..

"They are my favorite" I heard Changmin say behind me. Before turning around to look at him, I smiled. 

I turned around and took the candy off the shelf and put it in his hands. "Then get it!" I ordered him. He shook his head furiously. "Why not?" I stomped my foot. "It's Halloween! In fact, you should be dressing up with us tonight. Yunho is going. Why can't you?" 

Changmin froze, looking like he was thinking of something to say. I raised my eyebrows and waited. "I.. uh.." he stuttered. Why is he so nervous around me? Is he like this with other people?

"Look, I understand that you're shy, but when you said yes to come with us, I know that means that you're trying your hardest to open up" I assumed. He just sighed and nodded his head. "Will you let me give you a boost? Cause I will" I offered happily. "Please say yes!" I screamed in my mind. I felt a spark in my heart when a smile slowly spread across his face. I smiled with him and he nodded again. "Okay" he agreed out loud. 

"Well, let's start by talking to the others" I said grabbing Changmin's arm, with his favorite candy in my other hand. His smile dropped when I dragged him out of the isle and looked for the others.

Even though it took longer than I had originally hoped, he opened up as time passed and he started to talk a lot more. He also started to talk to me a lot more as well. I felt like I made a new friend. He told me he was regretful for not taking to offer to dress up. I told him it was too late. But obviously, he had more faith than I did.

"I hope you find what you're looking for" I said calmly. "I think I will. Come look with me" he smiled and pushed me in front of him. I laughed and started walking on me own. We searched for a good 40 minutes, but found nothing. I had to sit down from so much walking and take a breath. It was going on 5:00pm.

"Did you find anything?" I yelled throughout the empty store, which was lit by the sunset. "I actually think I did!" he yelled back. My eyes shot open and I got up to follow where his voice was coming from. When I found him, he was holding a costume that I was all too familiar with. I smiled.

"I love this movie" he smiled and looked down at me. "So do I" I agreed and read the words on the bag. Soon after, we bought it. 

-------

"Hey dude! Where have you been?" Yunho roared when he saw his band member walk up the steps to their apartment. I followed shortly behind feeling worried for Changmin. I didn't want him to get scolded when it was my fault. 

"Hyung. I found a costume" he smiled and held up the bag. Yunho's eyes widened. "But we're going out in the next three hours. What are you going as?" he asked when we finally made it up the steps. Yunho took the costume from Changmin and read the words. "Edward Scissorhands?" 

"Yeah! Remember? I showed you that movie" Changmin tried refreshing Yunho's memory. Yunho just nodded and looked back up at us. He finally managed to spot me. "Hey Rachel. You helped him find this?" Yunho smiled and held up the costume. I just nodded

"Well, come in. I have the makeup for you. We need to get ready soon" Yunho gestured us to come in. 

"Uuuh, I'll just go, I have to get ready too" I giggled and started to walk away. Changmin looked back at me and his face formed a puppy dog face. "But why?? I want you to see my costume" he pleaded for me to stay. Awww. How cute. I couldn't hold in a smile.

"I'll see it later. Just get ready" I sat giving him a mini hug and walked down the steps to the parking lot. I waved to Yunho before turning around to walk faster.

-------

"Love it! Hey guuuurl HEY!" Amber chanted as she emerged from my room while I was putting the last of my makeup in the bathroom. "I'm in here!" I yelled from the bathroom. I heard Amber's footsteps approach and I put down my makeup. She looked in and her jaw dropped. "RACHEL! THERE'S AN ALIEN IN YOUR BATHROOM!" Amber yelled, but then laughed out loud. I just rolled my eyes under my makeup and walked away. 

"Are you almost ready?" she asked me while she followed me out to the kitchen. "Ready as I'll ever be" I smiled and started filling our bowl full of candy. 

------

Ryeowook POV

I have my pirate costume, and my pirate makeup. I am so ready.

I was fixing my hair (or fake dreads) when Yesung walked in.. Everytime we saw him in his costume, you couldn't keep a straight face. His costume was actually a dare. "Hey there" I turned around and smiled at my hyung, who was dressed as.. A green teletubby. "Other than the fact that I look like a total moron, I'm actually doing quite well" he smiled sarcastically. "You didn't have to take that dare, ya know" I informed him. He didn't make eye contact. "Don't remind me".

I sighed and turned around to Kangin, who was dressed as your average zombie. "Whoa, you scared me" I said truthfully clutching my heart. "Really? Awesome. You just made me five times happier!" he smiled and fist pumped the air. 

"How do I look?" Heechul asked from behind us. He was dressed as a pink cat. Since Heechul didn't have enough time to find a costume, we had him wear a cat costume that we've had in our possesion for a long time. Donghae and Leeteuk found out it at the thrift store and bought it for no reason. At least it's coming in handy now.

"You look... Purty" I giggled. Heechul batted his eyebrows and smiled "Do I really?" he cooed and striked a pose. Wow, the army never changed the fact that Heechul was still an undeniable diva. After Heechul came a man with a blank white mask in a suit. Then I realized that it was Siwon in his Slenderman costume. Donghae and Eunhyuk came up behind him wearing similar looking suits, holding toy guns and wearing sunglasses. The blues brothers

"I'll never get over how creepy your costume is" Donghae said looking up at Siwon.. Or.. Slenderman..

"What? I'm unique" Siwon's muffled voice came through his mask. "I really hope you can breathe in that thing" Shindong walked out into the kitchen dressed as Superman

"It's okay. I can breathe fine" he smiled and did a 'thumbs up'

"HEY! Is everyone ready!" Kyuhyun popped out of nowhere wearing his Britney Spears dress and wig. Behind him was Henry and Zhou Mi, both dressed up as hippies. 

"Kyuhyun-ah. You almost forgot your green umbrella" Sungmin said holding a green umbrella, dressed as Mickey Mouse. "Oh, thanks" Kyu smiled and took the umbrella (If you don't know who Britney Spears is, you won't get  the joke)

"I'd say everyone's ready.. But I can't help but wonder what Leeteuk hyung would've dressed as..." Heechul suggested. Everyone took a moment to think..

--------

Hyoyeon POV

I looked into the mirror one more time at my Janet Jackson costume and smiled. "All right. I think I'm jusr about ready you guys" I announced in the bathroom. I poked my head out and saw Yuri and Sunny. Or.. For the time being.. Ketchup and Mustard. "We're ready too.." Yuri said fidgiting with her costume and sighed "I can't believe you talked me into this" she continued. Sunny started to fume and and bended her hand back, as if she was about to back hand Yuri. 

"This was your idea and you know it!!" she yelled in Yuri's face. Yuri just laughed. "AHA! I know!"

"How do I look?" Sooyoung came out of her room, dressed as Marilyn Monroe. My jaw almost dropped. Judging from the pictures, she actually did look like Marilyn Monroe. "You look awesome!" I raved. 

Just then, Taeyeon came out wearing a Captain America costume for girls. I was going to be Captain America, but she stole it from me.

"Copy cat!" I blurted out. "Jeez sorry" she tried defending herself. I smiled at her innocence. "I'm just kidding" I giggled and admired her costume. "What's with all the yelling?" Tiffany asked wearing her sparkly mermaid costume. "Nothing.." Taeyeon frowned. I started to feel bad. "Just take a joke once and a while!" I said. Taeyeon looked up and laughed. "AHA! Gotcha!" 

Suddenly, a wild Jessica appeared dressed as a street dancer "How is it?" she asked. the more girls that revealed their costumes, the more jealous I was of their figures. 

The other members bombarded her with compliments, but it all stopped when Yoona came out in her purple crayon costume. It wasn't big and bulky like Yuri and Sunny. It was actually very nice. All that was left was Seohyun.

"Come on Seohyun! hurry up" Jessica knocked on her bedroom door. "I'm almost done!" Seohyun yelled her loudest through the door. Soon, she came out as Bam Bam from the Flinstones

Luna POV

I looked in the mirror one more time at my pirate costume, matching Wookie oppa. 

"I'm ready you guys! How are you doing?" I yelled in the dorm. Sulli heard me and hurried to my side, wearing her witch costume. "I'm ready. How's my makeup?" she asked me and shoved her face in mine. "Looks good. Now get out of my personal space" I ordered her and pushed her away

Just then, there was a knock at the door. It was Rachel and Amber, dressed as an alien and a dinosaur. "Hey. we're almost ready" Krystal announced, wearing her lady bug costume. Rachel nodded and invited herself in. "Hope you guys are ready to get your Halloween party on?" Victoria's voice boomed. She was wearing a rave girl costume.

Minho POV

I put on the last touch of makeup on in the mirror to match my iron man costume, even though I'll have a mask. "Looking good, Choi Minho" I said out loud. Taemin heard me and walked into the bathroom and looked at me up and down. "You look y" he smiled in his Scream costume, which was very popular in America. 

I took in a deep sigh and kissed Taemin on the lips. "I love you, Taeminnie.. So much" I confessed. Taemin just smiled and put his hand on my cheek. "I love you too. Always and forever" he agreed and kissed me again. 

I pulled away and started to feel aroused. Great. This isn't a good time.. But whatever.. "You know what would make this Halloween perfect?" I asked him. His jaw dropped, but then he snapped back to his regular self. "Maybe.. You should let me take a peek under that costume.. " I suggested and led him into our room. I've been waiting for a time like this for a long time

Onew POV

"An astronaut huh? I guess that's not bad. it's not scary, but it's a good idea" Jonghyun smiled and observed my costume. "You're talking about how non-scary my costume is? Coming from the guy who's wearing a dino costume that's more cute than anything" I . He knew he didn't look threatning one bit. "Are you calling me cute?" Jonghyun gave me a creeper smile. Suddenly, Key walked in wearing his Joker outfit. I couldn't help but chuckle at his makeup. It was so perfect, yet ridiculous

Yunho POV

"Ya'll ready fo this?" I said in english to my Edward Scissorhands. "I'm ready to get my Halloween on!" Changmin beamed. As of today, Changmin has been really really outgoing. Something must've happened. "Why are you being so... loud today?" I asked him. I was beyond curious. "Well.. I made a new friend today.. Or.. Got to know one of my acquaintances better. She must've had an effect on me" he explained. I rolled my eyes at his foolishness. "Oh puh-lease. I know you all too well.. You better not develop feelings for her. She's taken" I warned him. Changmin was a guy to fall for someone way too fast and way too hard. "I won't. I know better.." he reassured me. But I didn't buy it. "Do you? Do you really know better?" I asked. We stayed quiet for a bit until he decided to change the subject. "What are you again?" he asked me. I looked down at my costume and smiled. "I'm Michael Jackson".

Amber POV

SMTown had rented a greyhound bus to ride around town, since there was so many of us. We walked around town as one big group and signed autograohs, went trick-or-treating, even though it was unfair to little kids, we thought it was a good night to let go. 

Sure, Rachel spent plenty of time with Onew and the rest of SHINee, but for some reason, Rachel had spent an unusual amount of time with Changmin. It was odd, but nice that she was getting to know him better. He was a nice guy. And very sweet. I just hope he won't be problem like Jonghyun was. 

Speaking of, of course we didn't leave Minjung out. She came with us as Justin Bieber. 

At one point of the night, I looked down at my pillow case of candy and my eyes widened. I had almost three pounds of candy. At least that's how it felt. I looked over in Rachel case and saw that she had as much as I had, just a little less. "Dude, I think it's time that we should stop hoarding all the candy and start doing some scaring" I whispered to her. She looked up and me and smiled. "You really think so?" she asked. 

The action is what follows :D