It's All Within

One Twist After Another

>>Next day.. Amber POV

"My head hurts" Rachel complained while she sat on the couch. "You really think that'll get you out of our performance tonight?" I asked. She just shook her head. "I just wanted to let you know" she said as she massaged her temples. 

"Go complain to Yunho oppa. He is your future boyfriend after all" I joked. But she didn't take it well. "Dude! Shut up!" she yelled at me. Not even two hours ago, Rachel had told me the story about last night, going to the ice rink late at night with Yunho. 

"If you don't want me to tease you about it, you should not have given me a reason to"

"So what? It's your job to push my buttons now?" she asked calmly. "Yes. In fact, it's always been my job" I corrected her

"Well that's a relief" she groaned. "You know I love you" I giggled. "Sorry, I'm not interested in chicks"

"That's not what I meant and you know it!"

"Just wanted to tease you.."

I stuck my tongue out at her and continued to make breakfast

Changmin POV

"Hyung, wake up! I thought you said we can go out for breakfast" I complained while Yunho just laid in bed. "What's making you so tired??" I thought

I got closer to his sleeping body and began to shake him "HYUNG WAKE UP!!"

Finally he woke up, seeing that he pushed me off. "I'm awaaaaake" he whined and rolled back over in bed. "Then stand up and get ready for the day. The four of us have a big night tonight" I hissed at him.

Yunho finally sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes. "Why are you so darn sleepy? You usually wake up before me"

"I didn't get good sleep.."

"Why not?"

"My thoughts wouldn't let me"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I had my mind on something.. What more explanation do you need?" he snapped at me

"Well, what were you thinking about..?"

"I don't wanna tell you. You'll just make fun of me for it.."

"It can't be that bad.. Were you thinking about the concert tonight? You are known to over-worry"

"No.. Not the concert"

"Were you thinking about a person?" I asked

Yunho didn't speak, he only nodded his head. "Really? Who?" Then it hit me. I took a deep breath. "Rachel?"

He nodded his head slowly again, not looking at me. 

"Awwww. Thinking about your future girlfriend?"

"You be quiet!"

"You know it's true"

"Probably not"

"Why not? You both like each other, and you're adorable together. Plus, we have so many fans that ship you.. There's not much standing in your way"

"What do you think I should do, Changmin-ah?" he asked, which surprised me..

"What? You never ask me for advice.."

"Well I am now. Cause I literally don't know where to start with her... Also, I'd think that you know more about her since you've spent more time with her"

"Well, for starters.. We need to give her time to heal from her previous relationship.." I suggested

"That's obvious, but what about after that?"

"Just.. Take it slow I guess. Do what you think you should do.. Follow your heart.." I told him my honest opinion. He just nodded before a smile made it's way to his face.. "Do you agree with me, hyung?" I asked.. He nodded his head. "Yeah.. I'm just afraid I'll mess things up.. I don't want to hurt her. She's pretty fragile"

"You won't mess anything up, hyung. Everything will be fine. I see bright things in both of your futures. In fact, I see her in your future, and you in hers.."

"Stop saying all these mushy things.. I can't take it.." Yunho said jokingly and grabbed his chest. 

"Everything will be just fine, hyung.. I'll make sure of it" I thought as I smiled at him.

Rachel POV >> later that day

"You guys ready for another concert?" Changmin asked in the car as we drove to the venue. I smiled to myself. "Of course" I answered. Yunho looked at me and smiled, so I smiled back. "I'm so happy nothing is awkward between us" I thought while I looked at his precious face

Soon, the sun went down and the four of us were getting ready backstage. I stared at myself in the mirror and before every concert, I pointed out each and every one of my flaws. 

"My hair is lopsided"

"I'm not wearing my contact lenses, I'm sure to fall off stage.. Idiot"

"My arms look so muscely"

"My eyes are a vomit color"

"My teeth look like they're getting yellow"

"My makeup isn't on right"

"I think I'm getting a zit"

"HEY!" I heard Amber yell in my right ear. It felt like a bomb just went off and I lost my hearing. "Dude! Not cool" I hissed

"No time to bag on yourself. We have to go out very soon" she warned me, then walked away. I looked around for her, but she disappeared. Soon, my eyes landed on Yunho. He was sitting in a makeup chair while a stylist fixed his hair. 

"Best be getting your hands off him" I suddenly grew jealous. Wait.. Did I seriously just think that??

I looked closer at the stylist while her hands were in Yunho's hair. She was just doing her job. I looked at her hands more carefully. Her hands are.. Beautiful. She looked like she just got a manicure. "Maybe I should try getting a manicure. I never have" I thought. 

I took a short minute to look down at my own hands. "Hey there's that scar I got when I fell on that rock."

"And that scar from when I hit my hand on that cupboard. That did really hurt"

"Why is my finger bruised? Is that from ice skating?" 

"My index finger nail is a lot longer than my middle finger nail." 

"Why aren't they the same length like hers?" 

"My nails are all rugged.. Why can't I just quit biting my nails"

"I never can no matter how much a try"

I ran my hands across my face

"My skin feels like scales on a fish"

"How gross"

And at that, I hid my hands under my shirt. "Are my hands that nasty?? Why didn't I see this before?" 

I stood up from the chair I was sitting in and ran away, not even daring to look in the mirror again

Yunho POV

I looked down at my phone and saw that I got a text, from Amber 

From: Amber 
To: Yunho oppa

"Oppa, Changmin oppa and I found this food stand backstage.. You hungry?" the text read. I smiled and replied. 

To: Amber
From: Yunho

"Sure, surprise me" I typed then pressed send. Then I decided to send another

"Have you seen Rachel?"

From: Amber
To: Yunho oppa

"No.. She better show up soon though" I read. 

"Maybe she's close by and I haven't even looked.." I thought and looked around. Thirty feet away was Rachel, sitting in a makeup chair, looking down at her hands with disgust. "What is she thinking?". Then she raised her hand and dragged it across her face. Pure distaste was shown on her face. The next thing I know, she stood up and started to run away. That's when I started to panic. I got up and went after her. 

Rachel POV

I sat in the corner and stared at my hands. Happy that I was away from a mirror, I sat in the corner and insulted myself 

"Why do you have to look so, gross?"

"What did Onew see in you?"

"Do you honestly think Yunho finds you attractive?"

"Only a blind man would find you attractive..."

"Why were you born like this?"

While I all thought this through, I could feel a tear slip from my eye. "Stop thinking so negatively"

Soon, a figure started to approach me, and lit up the dark spot I was sitting in with their phone. It's..

"Yunho oppa. How did you find me here?" I asked. He knelt down next to me and smiled. "You're really pretty in the dark" he giggled "Because you can't see my face, right?"

"No! That came out wrong.. Sorry. I mean.. The light.. It compliments you" he said and pointed to his phone's lit screen.

"Stop lying, oppa" I said and turned away. There was nothing I could believe when it came to my physical appearance. Other than "You're ugly"

"What do you mean? I'm not lying" he giggled. He obviously doesn't know what I mean. "Stop telling me I'm pretty.. Cause I'm not" I looked away..

"Who told you otherwise? I'll find them and kick them" he said jokingly. 

"Nobody said it. It's just the truth"

"That's the biggest lie I've ever heard.. To me... You're always beautiful, no matter what state you're in. What convinced you that you're not gorgeous?"

"Look at my face.. Look at me" I ordered him

"I am.. And you're beautiful. It's a fact. Nothing you do or say will change my mind" he said looking me in the eyes. "Please stop trying to make me feel better.." I sighed.

"What can I do to make you change your mind??" he asked grabbing me by the shoulders. 

"I saw your stylists hands. They were flawless.."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

I lifted up my hands so he could see them

"My hands are rough, and covered in scars.. I also bite my nails.." I said as he looked closer at my hands. "So?" he asked when he took my hands

"It's so unflattering.. I've never had a manicure.." 

"Natural beauty is the best beauty.. That's what I love about you". He squeezed my hands in his. I smiled as he took on of my hands and brought it to his face. "I don't know what you're thinking, but your hands are as soft as a baby's " he said while he rubbed the back of my hand on his cheek.. I let out a small laugh and he opened his eyes. "What? Did I cheer you up?" he smiled and stood up. "Yes.. You did.. Thank you" I sighed. I couldn't hold in my smile

"YES!! YOU HEAR THAT EVERYONE?? I CHEERED THIS WOMAN UP!! WOOO" He said while helping me up on my feet and jumping around like a little kid.

"Have you been drinking tonight, oppa??" I laughed while he jumped like a Mexican jumping bean.

"No.. I'm just happy" he smiled and finally stopped jumping. He grabbed my shoulders tight and pulled me into a hug. "Please don't think of yourself as anything less than beautiful! If you don't believe me, then just know that beauty is also on the inside as well" he said while we hugged me

"Rachel! Hyung!" I heard Changmin call from a distance. Yunho let me go, not acknowledging his dongsaeng at all and kissing me on the cheek. That's when I froze. I couldn't speak. Yunho's lips on my cheek felt so.. soft. 

"I.. Uh.. You.." I stuttered, trying to connect my words together. He just smiled at my failed attempt at speech. I finally looked to my right and saw Changmin and Amber looking at us, both of them smiling..

"Don't we h-have a show to do? Everyone get ready!" I ordered and ran away, grabbing Amber's arm, dragging her with me to where we couldn't be seen..

"What... WAS THAT!?!?" she asked.. "You tell me!" I yelled back. Amber jumped up and down and giggled. "He kissed you on the cheek. Teehee!" 

"I know. And shut up!" I told her to stop. But it finally hit me and I started fangirling. "He kissed me on the cheek!" I giggled. "I feel like I'm living a teenage dream!"

"I know right! I feel like a teen again!" Amber agreed.

When we were done freaking out, we walked back out to continue on with our night

Changmin POV

"Don't we have a show to do? Everyone get ready!" she looked over at everyone and ran off, taking Amber with her. I looked at Yunho who was just staring off into space, smiling. "What happened, hyung? What was that kiss??" I asked him. He took in a deep sigh. "Nothing.. " he simply replied.. "Nothing??" I asked

"There's gotta be something behind it!"

"It was the only way for her to believe me. She told me she felt ugly. I tried to tell her otherwise, but she wouldn't believe me!" 

"Oooooh, well. Girls problems.. Are not to be messed with.. But I'm happy you're stepping up in this relationship.. Just remember.. Take it slow" I advised him. "What? OH YEAH! I'm supposed to take it slow! I totally forgot! I shouldn't have done that" he flipped and plopped himself down on the ground.

I sat down on the ground with him and patted his back. "Maybe not the best time in the world to kiss her on the cheek.. But this pace is good enough. Don't worry too much about it" I reassured him and got him back up to his feet. 

Soon after, Amber and Rachel came out from where they were hiding and we went on with the concert without another fuss. 

 

After the concert>>

Rachel POV

After the concert, everyone went home around 11pm and fell asleep.. Except for me, I couldn't stop thinking about how Yunho's kiss felt on my cheek. How soft his lips were, even though it was only for a short second. "I need to see him, and ask why" I thought and got dressed.

Yunho POV

*knock knock*

"Someone is at the door?" I thought when I heard a knock.. I stepped out of the kitchen, passing a half asleep Changmin laying on the couch to answer the door. "Rachel? It's late, what are still doing up?" I asked. "Hyung.. Someone is here?" Changmin asked from the couch. "I just wanted to ask you something.." Rachel said looking at me. "Of course.. Come in.." I opened the door wider and she walked in. "Changmin oppa. You should go to sleep. You look ridiculously tired.." she sighed and tried helping him off the couch.. "But.. I'm not tired" Changmin said, trying to argue.. "Lies.. Go to sleep, lovely" she brought him up to his feet. "Okay, lovely" he rubbed his eyes and stretched while he moved into our bedroom. 

She turned around to me.. "What is it that you wanna ask?" I asked. "Why.. did you kiss me?" she asked. I rolled my eyes. "I figured it was the only way to make you believe when I said that you're beautiful.." I spoke the truth.

"I still find it hard to believe, even now. But if you're going to go to extensive lengths and kiss me, then I guess you really mean it.." she sighed.

"Anyway... I have a surprise for you.. Remember when you told me you've never had a manicure?" I asked. 

"Oh yeah, what about it? We can't go to the mall and get a manicure. It's too late" she giggled. "That's why.. I'm gunna give you a manicure" I said proudly. Her eyes windened. "I know that your hands don't need work cause they're already pretty. But since you've never had one. You'll know what it's like"

I finally sat her down and started to work on her nails. "How do you know how to do this?" she asked. "Oh.. I used to do this for my sister and mother.. And previous girlfriends.. Pretty much all of the special women in my life.. Of course, most of my ex's aren't considered special to me.."

"Yeah, I understand.. It's just.. Not something the average full grown man knows how to do.. It's very unique.." she smiled and watched me care for her hands. "Even though you have many scars, I can still make you proud of your hands.. I promise" I said not looking up at her, but only on my hard work.

I could hear her giggle..

"I really hope that there has been a time in your life once when you thought you were pretty" I blurted out.

"... Onew made me feel beautiful.. " she sighed

"You don't need a man to feel beautiful.." I told her. She looked at me in the eyes while I looked into hers. Such a beautiful shade of green her eyes are.

"Well I.. Um.. I know that.. I hope someday I can live that kind of life" she confessed.

When I finished the manicure, she looked down at her hands and smiled. "Wow. They look nice". I did a mental fist pump.

"Thank you. Is it.. Okay if I stay in here and sleep on the couch? I'm kinda afraid to go back into the hall where it's dark" she asked. "Of course. I'll get you some pillows and blankets" I bowed and started walking toward the hall closet. But something stopped me

"I feel bad making you sleep on the couch though"

"Where else is there?"

"In my bed with me...?" I smiled. She lightly punched my arm. "Remember what happened last time we did that?" she asked. Then I remembered a couple nights ago when Amber caught us and almost killed me. 

"Yeah, I remember.. I still don't wanna make you sleep out here.. How about Changmin and I sleep in the same bed and you can have my bed.."

At that, she shrugged. "I guess that's okay.. You guys can strengthen your bromance!" she cheered. "Trust me.. It's as strong as it's going to get" I rolled my eyes and thought of all the years of memories with Changmin.

----

"Changmin-ah.. I'm sleeping next to you tonight, mmkay?" I shook Changmin awake. "But why? I don't wanna share my bed with you" he moaned and rolled over back to sleep. "Rachel is sleeping in my bed. Just deal with it" I shook him some more.

"Why don't you both sleep in the same bed and leave me alone??" he raised his voice. As soon as he said that, there was a flash in the room, as if someone took our picture. Then we all heard thunder. Rachel shivered and looked around the room. "Sounds like it's gunna storm.." I thought

"Because we're scared.."

"Scared of what?"

"Scared Amber will catch us again.."

"She's an entire floor away. Don't be so afraid. It's just Amber" 

"Pssh. Yeah. Juuuust Amber" Rachel said from behind me. Amber has quite the temper. 

"Please, Changmin.. I don't want to get her in trouble" I pleaded with him. "No. I am not sharing my bed with anyone and that's final!" he grumbled and covered his heads with the sheets, ending the conversation. "Sometimes, I feel like he's the boss and I'm not" I said to Rachel. 

"It's okay. I'll sleep on the couch." she nodded and walked back out into the living room.. "Are you sure?" I asked nervously. "It's cold and rainy out and there's no heating.." 

"If I have a problem, I'll tell you. Promise" she smiled and walked out of the room. "Bu-" I tried to object, but she was gone..

Soon after she left the room, I crawled into bed and closed my eyes. Everything went black.. Until

*CRASH!* 

Loud thunder made our building vibrate, and woke me up. I looked at that clock. Only an hour had passed since I fell asleep. I could hear the rain outside come down in buckets. Then another lightening bolt shone through the window, causing more thunder. "How can Changmin sleep through this?" I asked myself when I turned around to check on him. He was still fast asleep. Just when I was about to close my eyes, I remembered..

Rachel is on the couch.. Maybe I should go check on her.

I hopped up out of bed and walked towards the living room. I turned the corner and looked down at the couch where she was sleeping. Only, she wasn't sleeping. She was shivering. Her eyes were wide open and she looked scared

"Rachel! Are you okay? Are you cold? Scared?" I kept asking her. I must know everything. She just nodded her head,

I can't let her suffer alone out here on the couch. This is nonsense. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were freezing?? I'm not letting you sleep on the couch. I won't do it. I don't care if we get in trouble. You're coming with me" I rambled while I got her to her feet. Her skin was ice cold and her whole body was shaking. Almost to the point where I couldn't hold her because she'd fall to the ground in a puddle. 

Slowly, I walked her over to my bed and laid her down. "Wait here. I'll be back" I said and ran to the hall closet to find the biggest and fluffiest blanket we had

I ran back over to her with the blanket and covered her up. Before crawling back into bed, I made sure all of our windows were closed so no cold air or rain water would get in. 

"You're probably going to get sick because of me" I worried out loud as I crawled into bed next to her. She wasn't as shaky as before, but she was still cold and now that she was in the light of my desk lamp, I could tell her face was pale. "You're so stupid, Jung Yunho. Why did you let her sleep on the couch in this weather? Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I thought. I covered myself up with the blanket and inched my way closer and closer to Rachel. Ignoring the loud thunder and bright lightening, I finally took her cold body in my arms and hugged her with all my might. "Please get warm soon. I don't want you to get sick.." I whispered to her while I breathed into my hands and her arms. Everything was cold. I breathed into my hands again and lightly laid my palms against her cheeks. Out of all the things I warmed up with my hands(which wasn't much), her nose was the coldest. Her little nose felt like an ice cube

"Your nose is so cold." I said to her. She still wouldn't speak. As if she had forgotten how. 

Even though the intense thunderstorm raged on, Rachel's body tempature went back to normal and I just held her silently, nothing else. So close to each other. She just laid in my arms while she listened to the thunder and rain. My bed was closer to the window so she and I could see the rain falling from the sky and the lightening.

I looked down at her face while she zoned out.. "What are you looking at?... Hmm?" I asked her while I observed her facial expression, then looking back up out the window. The street lights outside also shone though the window and lit her face up. "Hmm?" I asked her again like she was a little child. For an entire hour, she refused to talk.. She isn't frozen in time.. Is she??

"Rachel...? Will you talk to me?" I asked and shook her lightly. She wouldn't take her eyes off of the window. 

"... Yeobo..?" I said quietly.. 

She finally tore her gaze off of the window and looked up at me. I smiled. "Hi" I simply said. 

"Hey..." she smiled. Finally using her voice. I took in a deep sigh of relief. "I thought you were going to be a mute for the rest of your life!" I sighed. She shook her head and giggled. She then nuzzled her head in my shoulder and sighed. With her still cold nose on my neck, "I'm tired. Let's sleep" she said. 

I closed my eyes and squeezed her tighter. "Okay. Goodnight.." I agreed and let myself fall asleep

Rachel POV

I took in one more deep breath and closed my eyes. Yunho smelled like a flower. 

Then I remembered, not only a minute ago

"...He called me yeobo.." I thought

 

Hi readers  :D Hope you like the story. I just realized that I've been working on this story for a little over two years. I really don't want to end it. DX