I'll be Home for Christmas

One Twist After Another

December---> Rachel POV

After five concerts in Japan, it was time for TVXQ and Equinox to take our break to go home and celebrate Christmas.. It's five days away from EXO's debut.

"Do they celebrate Christmas in Japan?" Amber asked as me, Amber, Changmin, and Yunho all sat together in a circle on the ground in the airport waiting for our flight. "No..." Changmin answered her question.."Not at all?" Yunho asked. Then, I decided to but in. "Let me look it up online.." I said and whipped out my phone.

"Tell us what you get" Changmin said. "Sure thing" I smiled at him. When I finally clicked on the right link.. "Ahh! Found it" I exclaimed.. Everyone huddled in to hear me read my results on a Japanese Christmas..

"ATTENTION! FLIGHT 556 FROM OSAKA TO SEOUL IS NOW BOARDING" we all heard over the loud speaker. We all stood up and gathered our things and stood in line.. For some reason, Yunho has been somewhat distant today.. Maybe I should talk to him.. I'll sit next to him on the flight...

Even after we all sat down on the flight together, Yunho couldn't seem to stop zoning out. "Hey" I tapped him on the shoulder. He looked at me and smiled.. "What's been on your mind? You seem like you can't really get your grasp on reality today" I joked

"I've been thinking about something.. And if I tell you what it is.. I feel like you'll get mad at me.. You and Amber.."

"Whatever it is, I'm sure it's fine. You know you can tell me.." I tried to assure him. "Besides. I think if you tell someone about it, you can finally stop thinking about it.."

"Okay.. Well.. Remember one of the first nights when we came to Japan and I found you playing that music and looking at the pictures.. And we fell asleep on your bed, and Amber got mad and chased me out?"

"Yeah, I remember.."

"Well, after I was out of the room.. I kinda.. Listened in on your conversation in the living room.. I'm really sorry I invaded your privacy.. Can you forgive me?" he asked holding my hands.. When he held my hands, my hold body felt warmth and my heart started to beat faster and faster.. He squeezed my hands in his and looked into my eyes.. "How can I say no to face like yours?" I said..

"So.. You forgive me?" He smiled.. "Yes, Yunho.. I forgive you" I smiled. "Just.."

"Just what?" he asked

"Don't let go.. Your hands are warm.." I asked him to not let go of my hands.. He looked down at our hands. "Oh.. " is all he said. Then, he looked back up at me and smiled. "I won't let go" 

"So.. Is there anything else on your mind that you want to get out?"

"Yes.. I don't know if you'll really want to tell me.."

"Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it's okay"

"Who's Andrew?" he asked.. My smile dropped.. 

What do I do in this situation? I looked up at Yunho and sighed.. "Just tell him. I'm pretty sure Amber will understand" I thought

"You can't tell anyone I told you this, especially not Amber. She'll murder me... Yunho oppa, can you keep a secret?" I leaned forward and asked him. He leaned forward closer to me as well. "Yes" he whispered. His voice made me shiver.

"Okay.. Well. About a year ago, well.. Longer than a year ago, Amber.. She.. This is going to be really hard to believe" I whispered.. 

"Whatever it is.. I think I can take it" Yunho whispered again. Cold shivers went down my spine as he whispered to me, are hands still clasped together..

"Amber got... pregnant" I finally confessed the biggest and hardest part to believe. Yunho leaned back a little with a shocked look on his face.. "No way" he said quietly, just above a whisper. "Yes.. It's true"

"But who's Andrew?"

"That's what she was going to name her baby..."

"What happened to Andrew?"

"Amber had a miscarriage.."

"She did?"

"I know it's a lot to take in. I had to take care of her like a mother.. She was so depressed.."

"Who.. Who was the father...??" Yunho asked.. I leaned in forward more, as he did the same.. 

".... Key-goon"

"Key? SHINee's Key?"

"Yes.."

"Oh my god.."

"They've had a history ever since.."

"Ever since when??" Yunho asked.. Then the memories of us in 2010 started to come back.. "Since, a long time ago" is all I said. I really didn't want to bring up the past..

"Wow.. That is hard to believe.." Yunho sighed.. "Yeah.." I sighed with him. "But since it's coming from you.. I believe you because.."

"Because.. "

"Because I trust you.. And yeah.." he blushed and rubbed the back of his neck, finally letting go of my hands.. It's okay. I didn't expect him to hold onto them forever..

"Hello folks, this is your captain speaking. Soon, we'll be heading into some thunderstorms, so there will be some minor turbulence. But it is nothing to be afraid of. Just sit back and relax and it'll all be over shortly" the pilot said over the speaker.. "Oooh, turbulence.. Haven't been through any of that in a while" I sighed calmly and smiled.. I took a moment to look over at Yunho, who was getting paler by the second. A blank expression on his face

"Yunho? What's wrong? Yunho, look at me" I said, trying to get him to snap out of it.. But nothing was working..

"... Yeobo" I blurted out.. Yunho finally turned his attention towards me, still just as pale.. I breathed into my hands and took his cheeks into my palms.. "Are you scared of turbulence...?" I asked.. His face formed a scared look and he just nodded.. 

"Oh... My poor baby" I said in English and brought him closer to me. I hugged his head and ran my fingers through his hair. "Well, you don't have to worry. I'm gunna be right here. I won't leave your side for anything" I promised him. He just nodded his head again and took a deep breath. I took his cheeks in my hands and moved his face so he was looking at me.. "Okay?" I asked him, as if I was talking to a five-year-old. He nodded again, finally regaining some of the color back in his face.. His precious face.. That face that I had to go two years without looking at.. "How did I survive?" I thought.. I brought his face close so I could kiss him on the cheek. His cheek was warm on my lips. 

We finally relaxed and we both fell asleep with Yunho's head on my shoulder, holding hands..

Soon, someone was shaking me awake. "Ma'am! ma'am! We need to put our seat belts on. We're going through some rough turbulance" I heard a flight attendant say to my right.. "Aww, man.. I hate turbulence"

Wait.. Turbulence..

Yunho!

I shot up from my sleep and looked to my right and saw that Yunho was putting on his seat belt.. But when he looked up at me, his face pale again and his whole body was shaking. He looked like a scared little chihuahua in the cold rain..

I didn't waist any time and put my seat belt on. I rubbed his white cheeks with my thumbs and his bangs out of his face. The plane then jerked forward and everyone let out a small gasp.. Including me.

Like a little child, Yunho grabbed onto my arm and started to breathe faster and whimper.. "Shh Shh. Yeobo.. It's going to be okay.. Okay? Just do whatever the attendants say, okay?" I ordered him.. The plane started to shake for long periods of time and I just held Yunho's head close to my heart.. 

"C-Can you hear my heart beating?" I asked him.. He just whimpered and nodded. "Yeah.." I just mumbled and watched as everyone started to panic..

Amber POV

"Miss, everyone needs to buckle up. We're going to be hitting some turbulence soon" an attendant said to me and Changmin.. I remained calm and put my seat belt on.. Not even paying attention to Changmin, who was having a total fit..

Suddenly, the plane jerked forward and everyone gasped, except for Changmin, who let out a girly scream..

"Changmin, calm down.. It's just turbulence.." I said, trying to hold in my laughter. I've never heard him scream like that.. "I'm gunna be fine.. I'm gunna be fine.." he repeated over and over.. "Good! Good! I'm proud of you" I sighed as the plane began to shake constantly.. "I'm really worried about Yunho hyung though. He's scared to death of turbulence.. He's worse than me on so many levels" Changmin explained.

"Don't you worry about him.. He's got Rachel.. And she's good at calming people down in these situations" I assured him while the plane continued to shake..

Then, the plane took another sharp jerk forward, and Changmin let out another louder girly shrill, which made me laugh again.. "Come here.. Come here" I said to him as I pulled his head closer to my heart.. "It's alright.. Shh.." I said while I his hair.. "Take deep breaths" I said while I heard him breathing heavily.. Changmin did as I told him and tried to take deeper breaths.

"I wish Key was here with me" I thought

Rachel POV

The plane took another jerk forward and I heard a woman scream from behind us, which made Yunho start to panic, but I calmed him down by his hair.. "You're doing great, you're doing great" I kept repeating to him.. All he could do was whimper and nod..

Since we were sitting in front of the plane, I was able to wave a flight attendant over. "Ma'am. How long until the plane stabilizes?" I yelled loud for her to hear me. "About five to six minutes!" she answered me..

I turned my attention back to Yunho rubbed his back.. "See? Only about five to six minutes..." I told him. Again, he could only nod.. "You're doing great, just wait a few more minutes, yeobo... You're doing great.. Keep it up" I whispered in his ear and his hair slowly, which seemed to help.. Soon, he started to cry...

"Don't cry, baby" I said in English. I lifted his head up and wiped the tears away with my jacket.. I started to rock him back and forth and continued to his hair.. I honestly feel like I'm taking care of a little baby. When in reality, this man is three years older than me. "Don't cry" I repeated, but he couldn't help it. He started to whine louder and louder. "Be strong for me, Yunho.. Please.. I'm scared too" I confessed. When I said that, Yunho looked up at me, still sobbing..

"God, he's a really ugly crier.." I thought

"I'm sorry...... I'm sorry-y-y-y-" he sobbed into my jacket. "It's okay.. It's okay... Shhhshhh.. It's gunna be alright...." I shushed him

Then, without thinking...

"I love you.... I love you so much" I whispered in his ear as he sobbed.. "I love you, Yunho" I repeated, starting to cry myself..

By this time, the oxygen masks popped out of the ceiling of the plane in front of us, which startled Yunho.."Shhh.. It's okay.. Those are only if we need them.. And we don't" I calmed him down again... Tears started to roll down my cheeks and into Yunho's hair.. I didn't stop his hair. "Shhhh"

"I love you so much. Please don't cry, baby" I said to him.. This time, he finally heard me.

"I love you too, Rachel" he sobbed.. Just hearing those three words used in the same sentence with my name, coming out of his mouth, made my heart warm up and I smiled, regardless of the shaking and jerking of the plane. After ten minutes, the shaking refused to stop, and all I could do was hold him in my arms. With his head in my chest, listenig to my heart beat, his hair, I kept telling him how good he was doing, and that he was going to be alright, and telling him.. How much I loved him... One would say that I was saying all those things just to calm him down, but it's more than that. I mean it..

I love him..

 

Finally, after another ten minutes, the turbulence made it to a complete stop. The pilot came on the loud speaker.. "This is your captain speaking, we are finally out of the weather and the rest of our flight should be smooth sailing.. We apologize for the inconvenience" And at that, everyone went on to applaud the pilot for his amazing... piloting..

After we heard the announcement, I looked over at Yunho, who looked exhausted.. I softened up at his appearence and gave him one last hug before he laid back in his chair and tried falling asleep, but not before taking his hand in mine.. I stayed awake to watch him fall asleep.

----

"The fabulous four have returned!" Minho yelled out while Yunho, Changmin, Amber, and I walked past him in the hall.. "Hey dude" Amber said as her and Minho did a "bro hoof"

I decided to stop randomly in one training room and saw twelve young men sitting around in a circle eating noodles.. "Stop foolng around and get back to work!" I yelled at the twelve EXO boys.. "Rachel!" Kris yelled as he was the first to stand up and run to me.. Kris towered over me and smiled. "It's good to have you back" he said as he hugged me. "I'm glad to have my giant back" I laughed as I stretched my neck out to meet eye contact

"Hi! I'm Luhan! I don't think we've formally met yet" another boy, who obviously goes by the name of Luhan said while stretching his hand out for a hand shake. "Pleasure to meet you, Luhan! I can't wait for your debut" I smiled.. Soon, I was surrounded by ten other good-looking boys.

"Make way for your biggest fan! Hi, I'm Suho!" another boy came up to me and said, stretching his hand out. While I shook it, I was approached by another member. "Umm, that is not accurate.. I, Chanyeol, am your biggest fan!" another boy, Chanyeol objected.

"I thought I was her biggest fan! I've been a fan ever since your solo career in America! I'm Lay by the way"

"Yeah, well guess what. I met her first!" Kris added.

"Oh yeah? What does that make you? HI, I'M SEHUN!" Sehun butted in and waved to me. And I waved back with the same goofy smile he gave me.

"I want to say hi! Make some room for me, please!" another boy said behind the crowd.. "He's not important.... Hi, I'm Kai!" Kai smiled and held out his hand..

"No! I am important!" the boy made it through the crowd and smiled. "I'm Baekhyun" he smiled and waved shyly. "Your name sounds kinda like bacon, just saying" I had to add.. "IT'S NOT BACON! G O O O O O O D!" he lamented.

"He gets called that a lot.. Hi, I'm Chen" Chen beamed and shook my hand.. "My turn! I'm Xiumin" Xiumin made his way through s and introduced himself.. "Come on guys. Stop suffocating her!" Luhan protested..

"Seriously!" another boy back all of s up so I could have some air.. "Hi.. I'm Tao!" Tao smiled and hugged me.. "I can't believe I'm hugging you!" he beamed

"Well you kinda did force it on her.. I'm D.O. Sorry for that. Tao is somewhat of the touchy-feely type.." D.O said to me while Tao embraced me..

"Pssst! Rach! We're going home to decorate.. Let's go.." Amber popped her head into the door.. Tao finally let me go and I was ready to walk out, until

"CAN WE HELP?" Chanyeol yelled from across the room. "Yeah! Can we?? PLEASE??" Sehun chirped in.. 

"It's fine with me if it's fine with Amber" I said as I turned my head toward the door. Amber shrugged her shoulders "Ehh, sure why not?" she smiled and gestured everyone out the door.. All the EXO members cheered and rushed out the door all at once.

----

After we got home, Amber immediately got the decorations out and started hanging them up with the twelve EXO members while I sat out in front of my building.. After sitting by myself for about ten minutes, I was joined by an EXO members.. Luhan

"Hey, what are you doing out here all alone?" he asked me while he walked down the steps to sit next to me. "I just needed time out of the building. Being around thirteen people in my small apartment was, suffocating at best.. I also have somewhat of a fear to be around too many people" I explained to him.. "Ohh. Sorry" he apologized. "It's okay.. It's not anyone's fault" I smiled at Luhan. He smiled back.

"I have a question.. I heard you're in a relationship with Onew hyung"

"Used to be... He broke up with me months ago.. Where have you been?"

"You didn't let me ask my question.. I also heard you broke up.. I guess it's true.." he added.

"Yeah, well.. Sadly, I already have eyes on someone else.."

"So do I" Luhan giggled. "Really?? Who??" I asked.. He just looked over at me.. "If you don't wanna tell me, that's totally fine"

"How about this.. We both say our crushes name at the same time.." Luhan proposed.. "Okay.."

"Ready. 3, 2, 1"

"Yunho"
"Yoona"

Wait...

"YUNHO"
"YOONA"

"You like Yunho?"
"You like Yoona?"

"It's funny how their names sound alike" Luhan giggled. 

"Too bad our names don't sound alike. Otherwise, that would be hilarious" I smiled.. Luhan shook his head and laughed. "So.. You like Yoona? Wooow. That's crazy.."

"I do.. And I can't help it"

"Help what?"

"Help how much I like her" he sighed. I put my head down as I thought of Yunho.. And what I said to him on the plane.....

"I can help you..." I said. "What?" he asked confused. "I can help you get her attention" I announced. At first, Luhan sort of sprung up from his slouching position, but then he relaxed again. "Wait, how do you plan on doing that?" he asked again. I only shrugged. "Don't know.. But I'll find away, I've done it before.." I said as I looked out in the cloudy night..

Luhan nodded his head.. "Be right back..." he said getting up and walking back inside.. Five minutes later, he came back with two cups of hot chocolate. "You seemed like you needed something warm.." he said and handed me the cup..

"Thank you.. So, I can help you on one condition.." I declared.. Luhan looked up from his cup and looked at me.. "Yes?"

"...Teach me how to speak better Chinese? I only know a little, and since we have you, And Tao, and Lay, and Kris... "

"Yeah. Sure, no problem.. I'm glad you picked me.. I thought you'd pick Kris for that job. He keeps bragging about you guys being good friends.."

"We are good friends, but I'd like to get to know all of you better" I smiled.. Luhan looked at me and giggled.. "Well thanks, for picking me, that means quite a lot"

I nodded when I felt something light hit my nose.. "What?" I thought when I looked up at the sky... "Hey, it's snowing" Luhan said next to me. "Yeah.. I can see that" I laughed as the snow felll into mine and Luhan's hair..

I looked over to the EXO member next to me and decided to sweep the snow out of his hair.. 

---

After a while bonding with Luhan, we went back inside to see that my apartment was TOTALLY decked out with all of my Christmas decorations. "Surprise!" Xiumin yelled out in the corner of the living room. Amber came up to me and rested her arm on my shoulder. "Sorry, I let them go a little crazy" she whispered in my ear. 

"You guys.. This is amazing! But I'm going to have to take some of it down.." I sighed, to which I heard a bunch of "AWWWWWW'S". I felt bad at first, but realized how many weird looks I'd get if I leave all of these decorations up.. "We're sorry" Baekhyun apologized, sitting on the couch.. "It's fine. Thanks for your work" I smiled and looked around at my apartment..

After EXO and Amber left, I started to take about 50% of the decorations down. I thought everyone had left... Until I heard commotion down the hall.. I looked behind me down the hall, but saw nothing.. 

"Who's there?" I yelled out.. And with that, a tall figure emerged from my room, holding my cat. "Did everyone leave without me?" Kris asked while he had Pepper in his arms. "Awww, she looks so comfortable in your hands" I gushed over Pepper.. "Thanks for taking care of her while I was gone. But I'm leaving again after Christmas and New Years for a little longer.. The tour is supposed to be over by the end of January.." I explained to Kris.

"It's no problem. I'll definitely be busy after we debut, but I'll make time" he smiled and handed me my cat.. "She grew" I smiled.. 

"She did? I didn't notice.." Kris wondered while he examined Pepper. I could only laugh at his wondering face. "Well, I should go catch up with my members.. I can't believe they left without me.." he shook his head in disappointment. "Well, they left a while ago.. So.. HURRY" I rushed him out the door.. "Don't forget the Christmas party tomorrow" he said as he stood in the hallway.. "I won't forget.. Wait.. Do you even have a ride home? I don't want you to walk in the snow.."

"It's snowing?"

"Yeah.. It's starting snowing around an hour ago.. So if you don't have a ride, I'll drive you"

"Yeah.. They probably took the cars.."

"Then let's go.. " I said while I grabbed my keys to drive Kris home.

---

The next night--->>

Amber POV

"Ya ready?" I asked Rachel who was standing next to me in front of the auditorium that SM's Christmas party was being held, wearing a pretty short red and gold dress while I wore a red blouse with a furry short white skirt.. "Yeah.. Of course. Why would I not be?" she asked. Oh stop acting like you're not nervous.. "Well, your ex is in there. And Yunho is coming soon.." I explained the sticky situation.. "I'm sure Jinki won't start anything.. Yunho will behave too.. It's not like we're dating" Rachel stuck her nose up. "You will be soon, and you know it. What are you waiting for?" I asked. I was itching for an answer. I still don't understand why she's waiting.. Yunho loves her, Rachel loves him..

"I still have to heal.. Right?"

"Well.. I guess.."

"You tell me when I'm ready, cause obviously, I don't know better.." she hissed and opened the door and went in without me. I sighed. "What am I going to do with you?" I said out loud

"What are you going to do with who?" I heard a familiar voice behind me.. I turned around to Changmin

"Changmin oppa! You're here" I smiled. Changmin took a moment to speak. "Yeah. I told you we'd come"

"Where's Yunho oppa?"

"He's in the car still, he said he's "getting something"" Changmin said, making air quotes with his fingers.. "Ahh.. Do you know what this 'something' is?" I asked him.. He shook his head. "No clue..".

And that's when I realized that Changmin was wearing a suit with a red tie, and he looked..

"You look fabulous!" I blurted out.. Changmin laughed and nodded.. "So do you" he said and winked.. 

Now I can't wait to see what Key is wearing..

Changmin POV

I walked up to the door and saw Amber and Rachel standing in front of it. They looked like they were talking about something.. Rachel looked beautiful in a short red and gold dress that went perfect with her white hair, while Amber wore a white skirt and red blouse.. Looking all Christmasie..

Rachel is going to take Yunho's breath away, I just know it

Suddenly, Rachel shoved the doors open and walked in while her red heels clicked on the floor.. Amber shook her head and sighed. I walked up to her quickly to see what was up. "What am I going to do with you?" she asked nobody. I decided to play dumb and pretended that I just showed up. "What are you going to do with who?" I asked. When Amber turned around, her face looked beautiful with her black eye liner and sparkly red eye shadow.. For a short moment, I didn't know how to speak.. "Great.. Do I seriously have a crush on Amber?" I thought

Rachel POV

When I walked into the auditorium, I had a bunch of eyes on me. Everyone was dressed in red and white, just like the theme was supposed to be. I was the only one wearing gold. Three seconds passed and I was soon surrounded by SNSD, gushing over my dress. "AWWWWW!!!" 

"YOU'RE SO GORGEOUS!!"

"WHY CAN'T I BE BEAUTIFUL LIKE YOU??"

"WOOOOW! YOU'RE DRESS LOOKS SO GOOD WITH YOUR HAIR"

While I was bombarded with compliments, I looked into the distance and saw Yoona, talking to Eunhyuk and Siwon.. 

"I need to talk to that woman" I thought.. That's when I realized that no EXO members were present yet.. "Luhan better show up soon" I thought while my legs took control. I walked up to Yoona. "Excuse me gentlemen, but can I borrow her for a minute?" I asked them.. 

"Oh my gosh. Rachel you look amazing" Eunhyuk gushed over my dress.. "I agree!" Siwon smiled. I smiled, thanked them, and took Yoona into the corner.. 

"What do you need, Rachel? You do look great tonight" she smiled.. 

Wait.. What did I just do? What am I going to do? Just straight up tell her that Luhan likes her? That's a horrible plan!

Why did I agree to help him when I know I have no idea what I'm doing?

"Umm.. I.. I love your dress! Where did you get it? I need to know!" I lied. Even though her dress is marvelous, that has nothing to do with what's on my mind.. "Oh.. Thanks.. I just got it from a friend.. You'd have to ask him"

"H-Him?" I stuttered. "Does she already have a boyfriend?" I thought

"Just a friend?"

"Right. His name is Seo-wook.. I can give you his number" she beamed. No wonder Luhan likes her. She's always so cheerful.. "No, that's fine.. I don't wanna disturb him. He's just a friend, right?" I asked again. Oh god, I look ridiculous asking her the same question over and over

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing important.. I mean.. Yeah, nevermind.." I said, blinking and coughing, just like I do when I get nervous..

Yoona just smiled at me when something caught her eye behind me.. I tunred around to see what she was looking at.. "Onew oppa. You look great tonight" Yoona smiled. I just looked at him with a blank expression while he couldn't take his eyes off of me.. 

"Hi Onew" is all I said. He wore a black suit and red tie, much like every other male singer in the room. He finally smiled at me and waved.. "Hi" he said

I sighed. "He probably still likes me.." I thought. I don't wanna sound conceited.. But..

Behind Onew, starting to walk into the situation were his other members. I was happy to see them all again, things were a bit awkward for some reason..

I finally got out of the scene and walked around. Everyone was going to reveal their gifts since they participated in secret Santa.. Me, Amber, Yunho, and Changmin didn't participate because we were in Japan. I looked around to see how beautiful everyone was.. 

"You look fabulous, I hardly recognized you!" I heard a familiar voice. I turned around to Ryeowook.. "Yolkie. You look fabulous too" I said as I pulled him into a hug.. "How many times.. Have I told to stop calling me that?" he sighed while his head rested on my shoulder. "You know you like it.." I smiled while I patted his back. "Yeah, sure. Whatever floats your boat.." Ryeowook ruffled my hair. "Where's Luna?" I asked.

"Not here yet.." he sighed.. "She'll be here soon though"

I looked around to see if she wasn't already here and my eyes landed on Changmin, standing alone.. "Excuse me" I said to Ryeowook and headed towards Changmin.

"Hey" I whispered to him. He turned around and smiled. "Hey lovely. You look amazing" 

"You do too, lovely. Where's Yunho?" I asked.. He was about to answer me, but something caught his eye behind me.. He smiled and looked back at me

"Behind you.." he laughed.. 

I was afraid to look back for some reason. Is my heart going to stop when I look at him. What is he wearing? Is Changmin lying to me?

"JUST TURN AROUND YOU IDIOT!" I screamed in my head.. I turned around slowly, clutching my red handbag. And there he was. Yunho, wearing a suit with a red dress shirt and a white tie... My heart started to race and I couldn't help but smile. Wooow. He's just.. Woow

Yunho POV

"Okay.. I'll find you first. Don't worry. Changmin-ah, I'm almost there.. Okay, bye" I said hanging up my phone. I walked down the hall to the auditorium and opened the door. At first, some eyes were on me, but not many. But the ones who were..

"Yunho oppa.. You look great" Yuri smiled and bat her eyelashes. "Thanks, you do too" I smiled. After I got a couple more compliments, I began to look for Changmin.. When I finally spotted him standing alone, I started to walk up slowly. But someone walked up to him before me. I rolled my eyes and saw who beat me to it. That's when I realized that it was Rachel, because of her white short hair, which matched her red dress perfectly..

"Where's Yunho?" she asked Changmin. Awww, she's looking for me?

Changmin looked around. When he realized that I was right behind her, he smiled and looked down at her again. "Behind you.." he giggled. Now all I gotta do is wait for her to turn around.. She turned around slowly to me.. That's when I realized that there was gold on her dress, which matched her black eye liner and glitter red and gold eye shadow, which was also on her cheeks, with red shiny lipstick. 

Her eyes looking up at me shimmered in the light above us. She finally smiled at me with her perfect white and straight teeth. 

"Y-Yunho.. How are you feeling from yesterday?" she asked, probably referring to my anxiety attack on the plane.. Ugh. So embarrassing. But it did have upsides...

"I-I'm feeling j-just fine" I coughed and loosened my tie.. Why does it feel hot in here? I couldn't just not smile, even though I feel like I'm going blind with embarrassment..

"That's good. Let's hope we don't have to go through that again" She said while looking back at Changmin, who smiled and nodded when she looked back.. I took a moment to look at Changmin and realized he was giving me a creeper smile and wiggling his eye brows up and down.. He mouthed "Get it"

I gave him a "stop-it-with-that" look and looked back down at Rachel. She looked back at Changmin with a confused look. "Am I missing something?" she laughed.. "Uhh, no.. " I stuttered. Just looking at her made my heart stop. Hopefully, I'll get used to it..

But as of now, I'm getting nowhere

I looked up Changmin, who just winked and walked away.. Rachel looked back and saw that he was gone and looked back at me and blushed, making her cheeks even redder. She held her palms over her cheeks and her eyes windened when she said "Hot" in English.

"Are you cheeks hot?" I asked her.. She looked up at me with a worried look and nodded, still holding her cheeks. "Let me feel.." I said and tried touching her cheeks, but she jerked away. "Sorry.. I really hate it when people touch my face.." she sighed. I looked down at my feet. "Do you not trust me?.." I asked.

Wow, why did you ask that? Of course she trusts you. Don't make her feel bad!

"Well.. You can feel my cheeks.. They're warm too.." I smiled and pointed at my cheeks. Her smile warmed them up even more. I can't do it, I had to look away..I rubbed the back of my neck, just like I do when I'm nervous

Rachel POV

"Well.. You can feel my cheeks.. They're warm too" he smiled and me and pointed to is cheeks, which were pretty red now that I'm looking harder. I smiled and took my hands off of my cheeks. Yunho coughed once and looked away, rubbing his neck.. God, he's so cute!

I brought my hand up to the tip of his chin and moved his face so he was looking at me again. I lightly put my hands on his cheeks, which were really warm..

"Maybe I should let him touch my face.. I never let anyone touch me there.. except for a few people.. Why not Yunho?" I thought

I sighed and took his hands and put them on my face. He gasped and smiled. "Woow, they are warm!" he giggled..

Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around his neck in a hug.. "I'm cold and I need a hug" I pouted in his ear.. He sighed and wrapped his arms around my waist silently.. I love his perfect hugs.. "I love your hugs" I whispered and shut my eyes.. I felt Yunho shiver. "Well, I love your hugs, too" he sighed.

----

After Yunho and I went our separate ways for a while, EXO finally showed up. "Ladies and gentlemen, let's all congratulate our EXO hoobaes for their debut in three days! Let's all wish them luck" Heechul shouted. Everyone clapped their hands as the twelve members started to flood the auditorium.. 

I looked over heads, trying to look for Luhan or Kris. "Who are you looking for?" Taemin stood next to me and asked.. I looked over at him and pulled him into hug. "Taeminnie! We never talk anymore. It's happy to see your face again" I sighed. "Jeez, no need to be so clingy about it, noona. But seriously, who are you looking for?" he asked again. "Luhan.. I need to talk to him about.." I started, but then stopped.. "What if he doesn't want anyone else knowing about his crush on Yoona?" I thought. "About?" Taemin raised one eyebrow.. "We need to talk about.. My Chinese lessons. He's gunna teach me better Chinese.." I said.. Well, it is true.. He said he'd teach me..

"Oh, well that's really nice of him.. But it's good to see you again, noona. Onew hyung has been feeling a lot better. I hope you have been feeling better too.." he smiled and wrapped his skinny arm around my neck.. "I've been a lot better. I'm happy to hear he's doing well" I smiled up at Taemin and then looked back into the crowd for Luhan.. 

"Well, I hope your Chinese lessons go well, too. But why study now? You're at a party.. Let loose" he laughed and ruffled my hair before he walked away. Just as Taemin was walking away, I looked straight ahead of me and saw Luhan talking to Yoona and Changmin.. OH GOD!! Don't screw up, Luhan!

I just watched, even though I couldn't hear, how the conversation went.. And it seemed as though every time Luhan tried to talk, Yoona would turn to Changmin to talk to him.. "WHAT THE HELL! LISTEN TO LUHAN WHEN HE'S SPEAKING" I screamed in my head.. I have to do it, I have to intervene

"Hey guys.. Can I borrow this guy for a minute? Thanks?" I asked while pulling Changmin away. "Good idea.. Now Yoona has to talk to Luhan!" I thought. I watched Luhan and Yoona standing together while I dragged Changmin by the shirt, ignoring all of his "What's going on's?"

When we were finally out of sight, I watched as Yoona just shrugged her shoulders and walked away from Luhan.. 

"Damn it! I thought it would work!" I cursed in English.. Then I felt two hands grab my shoulders.. "What. Is. Going. On?" Changmin asked slowly.. I rolled my eyes at him. "Nothing.. I gotta talk to Luhan" I said while looking back at him. He was now talking to Kris and Chanyeol. I started to walk over to them, but Changmin pulled me back by the wrist.. "I'm not letting you go until you tell me" he stared down at me. I sighed. "Luhan likes Yoona.. And I thought if he had time alone with her, she'd talk to him, but she didn't. Happy now?" 

"Oh.." is all he said

"You can't tell him I told you, okay?" I asked. He just nodded with a sorry look on his face, which was my cue to walk away..

"Hey.." I said to the three EXO members.. "Hey, Rachel. I love that dress!" Chanyeol beamed. "Same!" Kris smiled down at me. "God. I feel so short" I sighed looking around.. "You feel short? Go look for Suho" Luhan joked.. I rolled my eyes at him and started to walk away with his wrist in my hand. "Uhh, can I pull him away for a second..?" I asked Kris and Chanyeol. They just nodded.

"What's up?" he asked innocently.. "I saw you talking to Yoona. How did that go? Because from far away, it didn't look like it went well.." I sighed and put my hand on his shoulder. He shrugged my hand off violently.. "No need to console me, jeez. I know I'm not good at talking to girls.. Why do you need to emphasize it?" he rolled his eyes. Wow, he's got an attitude tonight. "Well, I'm female, and you're talking to me just fine" I smiled and stood on my tip toes. "I mean girls I like.. Girls that are pretty!" he hissed looking away from me. I feel my blood boiling now. "That isn't funny! Are you saying I'm not pretty?" I raised my voice. He didn't reply, he only looked a different direction while I had my fit. "That's not nice.." I pouted.. Well, what else am I supposed to say?

He glanced over at me and smiled.. "Why are you laughing at me? First you call me ugly, now you're laughing at me!" I whined.. What did I say that was so bad? "I'm just kidding! You're so easy to fool... I think you're absolutely beautiful.." he sighed. I gasped, "Don't scare me like that! You meanie!" I said swatting his arm.. He just laughed while I hit him repeatedly.. "Meanie.. Poophead.. Jerk" I pouted. 

"Hmm." he hummed and pulled me into a forced hug. "I'm sorry.. Please take a joke" he sighed over my shoulder.. "Just let it go" I thought. "Okay fine.."

He let me go and smiled down at me. "But I don't like you like that.. Just saying.. But Yunho is a lucky guy.." he said out of nowhere. I quickly defended myself. "Yah! I like him only. It's not like we're dating". "Amber's told me you will be soon" Luhan ratted out Amber. "Tell me everything she's told you!!" I ordered him.. He jumped back. "She is so busted" I said under my breath, looking down at the ground. I looked back up at Luhan and sighed. "Okay, what do we do about Yoona?" I asked. "I thought you wanted me to tell you--"

"You can tell me some other day. Let's just focus on your girl problems now" I cut him off. And at that, we devised a plan..

----

"HEEEY Yoona!" I said sitting down next to Yoona while she ate one of the cupcakes that Yesung brought.. "Hey Rachel! These cupcakes are fantastic. I need to ask Yesung for the recipe" she beamed when she saw me. "Are they good? That's nice.. So, I'm taking a small survey.. It's not anything special.. But what is your favorite Christmas song?" I asked her. Oh god. What if she doesn't even have one?

"Oh, I actually have so many" she looked up at the ceiling. I mentally face palmed. That's just as bad as not having a favorite at all! "C-Can you.. pick one for me?" I asked her. She just shrugged. God, she can be such an airhead sometimes

After thinking it over, she finally picked one. "That's the one I listen to the most" She finally gave me an answer... I let out a small sigh of relief and pretended to write down her answer in my phone. "Thanks for picking one for me, Yoona. I bet it was a hard decision" I said sarcastically. She giggled and shook her head. "It was, but that's my final answer" Yoona smiled and gave me a thumbs up. 

Like I said, total airhead sometimes.

Well, at least I got her favorite Christmas song

----

While I walked around to try and find Luhan, my eyes landed on Yunho, who seemed to be standing alone. "I'll go over and talk to him for a while.." I thought and started walking towards him. But someone beat me to it. A woman..

"It's one of SM's stylists.. " I thought when she revealed her face..

Yunho POV

"Hey Yunho.." Jaekyung, one of our stylists came up to me and smiled. She used to do Yoochun's make-up. "Oh hey. What's up? I didn't know you were here" I said and sipped my punch. "Yupp, I actually just got here.." she winked at me.. Why is she winking at me? 

"Ohhh nice.." I nodded. She giggled and played with my hair.. I wanted to pull away, but I didn't want to seem rude.. "You're hair is so soft.. Why don't they ever let me style your hair?" she cooed. I rolled my eyes and looked around. "I don't know. Maybe cause I already have a stylist?" I said. She looked at me startled. "Well, well. I didn't mean to make you upset.." she smiled and continued to play with my hair..

"Well, aren't you going to compliment me on my dress? Cause after the guy makes the first move, I get to compliment you" she asked. I puffed out of cheeks. What a situation. "That's a really nice dress, Jaekyung" I said flatly. I never knew she was this flirty..

"Thank you, Yunho. You're looking pretty y tonight.." she said calmly. Her comment made me jerk back. y? Why use that word??

"Do you have a girlfriend?" she asked. I looked at her shocked. She's so blunt....

I looked at everything in the room but her while I wondered whether I should tell her the truth or not.. If I tell her I do, She may or not leave me alone. Maybe she'll ask me who. Should I tell her that it's Rachel? If I tell her I don't, she won't leave me alone, guaranteed. 

My mind raced.. "Well..?" she asked again, getting closer.. Finally, my eyes landed on her. My eyes landed on Rachel, who was watching Jaekyung practically straddle me. Her face was blank. When she realized I spotted her, she gave me a "what's-going-on" look. I looked down and smiled. "Yes. Jaekyung, I do have a girlfriend. And she's the most beautiful woman in the world to me" I half-lied. "So, if you'd be so kind.." I stopped shortly as I watch Rachel walk away because something else caught her attention. That girl has such a short attention span. It's so cute. I looked back at Jaekyung. "I'd like it if you backed up before she catches me.." I said. Jaekyung backed up and smiled. "She's here? Who is she?" Jaekyung asked, looking around. "What will you do if I tell you?" I asked. Why am I letting this go so far? You could have just told her that you won't tell her.

"Nothing.. Just want to talk to her" she said, but I have a feeling she was lying. "Well, I don't feel like telling you anyway.." I sighed. Finally, I'm ending this.. "You know, I've had my eyes on you for a while" Jaekyung confessed.. I rolled my eyes. She's really stringing this along. "I'm sorry, Jaekyung. But didn't you hear me? I'm taken" I finalized the conversation and walked away fast so she couldn't follow me..

Now, where did Rachel go?

Rachel POV

I watched as the stylist messed with Yunho's hair.. Why is she doing that? Is she trying to be flirty?.. I can't tell what they're talking about... Then, she walked closer to him and practically laid her body on his. What the hell is this? I know he's handsome, but jesus. You're in public, do you have any respect for yourself or Yunho? 

Finally, Yunho spotted me looking at them. I bet he thinks he's in trouble...

He looked down and smiled at the stylist. I tried to read his lips. All I could see was "girlfriend", then he looked back over at me. Did he say that I was his girlfriend just to get her to go away? I can't tell anything! Then, to my left was someone running in the auditorium. It's... Minjung? She looks upset.. I had no idea Jonghyun had brought her. Speaking of, where is he?

I looked around a little more and saw that he had just walked out the back door. Did they fight? I could never see it happening! I must find out. I ran after Jonghyun, who was now out of the building.

--

I stood outside the door and thought of what to say.. Don't tell him that you saw them fight, cause you didn't.. Don't try to validate yourself. Just say you saw Minjung running and she looked upset.. Don't be the compulsive liar you used to be in grade school..

I took a deep breath and opened the door a crack... Then suddenly, the snow storm from outside attacked me, in my short dress and I slammed the door shut!

Jonghyun POV

I sat one the ground, my arms hanging from the railing. I had to get out of there. Where else do I go? I was taking a deep breath when I heard the door behind me slam out of no where. I looked back.. Nothing..

"What was that?" I thought.. Whatever. 

What do I do? Of course I need to apologize to Minjung soon, but what do I do in the time being. Do I tell someone? 

Suddenly, the door behind me opened and out came a figure covered in a blanket, holding another blanket and two cups..The figure sat down next to me.. "Rachel?" I asked.. I can't believe it! I haven't actually been able to talk to her properly since Halloween. "I thought you'd like something to keep you warm.." she smiled, handing me the blanket and cup, which was full of hot chocolate. "Don't take too long to drink it, it doesn't stay hot forever" she giggled and gave me the cup wrapped the blanket around my shoulders.. "Thanks.." is all I could say.. Wonder where we were last Christmas..

Then, memories came flooding in of the Christmas party last year when we kissed underneath the mistletoe, and the trouble we had to go through with Onew. And now, I have Minjung, and Rachel has.. Nobody..

I looked at Rachel as she looked into the sky, which was sprinkling snow on our heads.. "How did you know I was out here?" I asked her.. She looked over at me and coughed, like she does when she's nervous. "I saw Minjung running in the auditorium. She looked upset.. So I looked around for you and I saw you walking out here.. Without a blanket! Idiot!" she joked.. I smiled at her looked down at my cup of hot chocolate. "Is there sommething wrong going on with MInjung?" she asked.. I didn't look up from the ground and sighed. "Yeah, we got in our first fight.." I confessed

"Well, it happens to everyone.." she sighed. "Remember when Onew and I fought and it sent Taemin running underneath Key's bed?". I laughed at the memory of Taemin getting stuck under Key's bed. "And he got stuck more and more as time passed" I added. "He's a growing boy!" she argued.

"I know.. Is that the reason you and Onew split?" I asked. "Because Taemin got stuck under the bed too much?" she asked.. I rolled my eyes at her. "No.. because you too fought a lot.."

"First off, we didn't fight a lot.. He broke up with me because.." she started 

"Because...?" I tried starting her up again after she stopped

"Because.. He said he was tying me down and he wanted to let me go.. I don't know what I did wrong.." she said looking off in the distance

I shook my head.. "You didn't do anything wrong.." I said while I put my hand on her shoulder. She looked at me and smiled. Her make-up looks amazing.. 

"You look stunning tonight.." I confessed. She looked down and smiled. "Thanks.. But we have to talk about your issue with Minjung.." she tried changing the subject.. "I don't know.. I'm scared.." I said before I sipped my hot chocolate.. "Don't say that.. In my opinion, you're the most fearless person I know! I can say whatever I want to you because I've known you long enough and I know almost everything about you. We've laughed, cried, kissed, loved.. I love you as a best friend, Jonghyun.. I've done things for you that you don't even know about.. Now I want you to pay me back by being what I know you are, and that's fearless, Jonghyun.... I want to see you be brave.." 

I looked at her straight in the eye as she gave me her argument. "And I thought our friendship would crumble after your break-up.." I said truthfully. She tilted her head and pouted. "Don't think that, cause nothing will ruin our friendship. You've helped me through so much.."

"And you've helped me through a lot too, including this right now.." I smiled

"Exactly" she blurted.. "So build up your strength and go apologize to your lady. I'm not going to ask for the details about you fight, but I know for sure that she's suffering every second" 

Rachel POV

"I know.. And you're right.. I'm going to look for her right now and tell her I'm sorry.." he beamed and got up, while helping me up. "Thanks, noona" he smiled before giving me a small peck on the cheek.. And like a lightening bolt, he was back inside.. I smiled up at the sky. "Nice work, Rachel" I told myself

---> one hour later

"Hey guys.. Is it starting soon?" I asked D.O, Sehun, and Lay when I sat down at their table.. "Hey Rachel, and yes, it's starting very soon. Cute dress!" Lay smiled. I nodded and thanked him. "Mm, Rachel, you're here! Try these cookies, they're amazing! A staff member brought them" Sehun said with his mouth full of cookies.. I laughed at him. "I agree!" D.O looked over at me. And just like Sehun, his cheeks were full of cookies.. "Are they gingerbread?" I asked..

"How did you know?" D.O asked amazed. "I love gingerbread" I giggled.

Out of no where.. my handbag vibrated. "I'm getting a text..." I thought while I pulled my phone out to read it.

From: Onew
To: Rachel

"Look to your right" it read

I did what the text said and looked right. To my right, maybe twenty feet away was Onew waving me over. I looked around once and got up. "Excuse me, gentlemen" I bowed and walked over to Onew.. 

"Hey" I whispered. "Hey.. So. How has your night been?" he asked.. Why does he wonder? "Uhh good. Do you need something?" I asked. 

"Uhh, no.. I just wanna let you know that.. I still would like to be friends.." he confessed. My heart warmed up, but started to freeze over again when memories flashed. Memories of the time of our break-up, and how angry I was.. 

"I'll think about it.." I sighed..

"Cool. And I know you like Yunho a lot. And he's a good friend of mine.." Onew explained. "Yeah.."

"And I remember our history from years ago, and it seems like Yunho is your rebound.." Onew went on to say

Wait, what???

"I don't want Yunho to be a rebound.. Don't let it happen"

I finally got what Onew meant and fought back "He's not my rebound!" I raised my voice.. "Shhhshh" Onew shushed me. "I hope not.. Just don't tell him I'm saying all of this to you.. I hope I didn't give you too much to think about.." he shrugged and started to walk away, leaving me struck.

"Yunho.. is NOT my rebound!" I screamed in my head... Just because the events that happened in 2010 may make it look like he is, he's not.. Onew's just being a jerk for making me freak out about it..

I sat back down with Sehun, D.O and Lay.. Still thinking long and hard about what Onew said. "I really have to talk to Amber about this.." I thought

Just then, someone climbed up on the small stage to let the karaoke begin. "I'm happy all of you stayed for this.. Welcome to karaoke night" Soo Man announced. "Are you going to sing, Rachel?" Sehun asked. I shook my head and wrinkled my nose. "Not this year.."

"Our first singer has prepared a special song, and from what I've heard, for a special someone" Soo Man winked. Oh please. No need to make it too cheesy

"Now performing one of his favorite Christmas songs is our brand new Luhan! Everyone have loads of fun. Dance and sing.." Soo Man smiled and ran off stage.. Lights went dim, except a spot light on Luhan, who was sitting on a stool with a microphone in his hand.. I stood up and gave him a thumbs up, to which he smiled and gave me a thumbs up back.. Then the music started.. I looked for Yoona.. When I spotted her, a bright smile formed on her face and she clasped her hands together. "I think our plan has been a success" I thought.. 

I looked around me and saw that couples started to stand up and slow dance. Oh, where's--

Suddenly, a weight was put my left shoulder. I looked over and saw Yunho smiling, laying his chin on my shoulder.. "Wanna dance?" he asked.. I smiled and took his hand.. "You beat me to it" I confessed. When we were on the dance floor, I put my hands on his neck while he put his hands on my waist. 

Then, Luhan began to sing

"Come they told me pa rum pum pum pum
A new born king to see pa rum pum pum pum"

"Our finest gifts we bring pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the king pa rum pum pum pum
rum pum pum pum
rum pum pum pum"

Luhan sang beautifully while I looked around to see Minjung and Jonghyun dancing together, Key and Amber dancing together, Luna and Ryeowook dancing together, even Taemin and Minho dancing together.. There were others as well

Donghae and Jessica

Kris and Victoria

Kangin and Krystal

Chen and Sulli

Siwon and Tiffany

Changmin and Sooyoung

Suho and Seohyun

And lots more

Too bad Yoona and Luhan can't dance together, since he's on stage singing, but she looked breathtaken by his voice, singing her favorite Christmas song

"So, to honor him pa rum pum pum pum
When we come"

In truth, I love this song just as much as Yoona does..

"Little baby pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too pa rum pum pum pum"

"I have no gift to bring pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give a king pa rum pum pum pum
rum pum pum pum
rum pum pum pum"

I closed my eyes and let the music fill my brain. I feel like I'm floating

"Shall I play for you pa rum pum pum pum
On my drum~~~"

Then, I realized who I was dancing with.. Yunho, the one who I thought would never talk to me after I cut him off two years ago, is in front of me, holding me, swaying me back and forth, smiling at me.. I made the space between us disappear by hugging him around the neck, while he tightened his grip around my waist, which feels a tad too skinny.. "Maybe I need to gain weight" I thought..

The instrumental part of the song is so much fun to dance to. It feels so magical. To the violins and cellos, Yunho seems to feel just as happy as I am as he picked me up and spun me around. I let out a laugh took a deep breath. When he finally put me down, I released my grip on his neck and looked up at him in his shimmering brown deer eyes. Those eyes that I love looking into. A smile grew on his face

"Mary nodded pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time pa rum pum pum pum"

"I played my drum for him pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for him pa rum pum pum pum
rum pum pum pum
rum pum pum pum"

I closed my eyes, feeling my whole body almost melt in his arms.. 

Yunho is not my rebound. He is so much more than that. I loved him before anyone else.. No one, not even Onew knows how much I loved him. Sure I loved them both, and I just happened to pick Onew because I indeed loved him, but that doesn't mean Yunho is a rebound.. Yunho is the one, because after I told him to go, he still came back..

Fate brought him back to me..

Suddenly, Yunho started to lean in closer to me. Oh gosh, is he going to kiss me? But my breath smells like a dumpster!

Hopefully, it's not as bad as it seems. My breath is the least of my problems.. 

Finally, I get to kiss him..

"Then he smiled at me pa rum pum pum pum"

Just as we were about to touch..

"Me and my drum~~~~"

The lights brightened up gradually and everyone started to applaud. Yunho and I both leaned away from each other and decided to follow the crowd and clapped our hands for Luhan. 

Darn it! So close!

I looked over at Yoona, who was standing up and clapping like a maniac. I knew she'd like it. I looked up on the stage at Luhan, who was looking at me. I gave him two thumbs up. He nodded and waved at me. I looked back at Yoona, who was holding her chest staring dreamy-eyed up at the stage..

I think she's slowly falling in love with him already..

I looked over at Yunho and smiled. Yunho looked down at me and pulled me into another hug. "Have I told you how beautiful you look?" he said in my ear, which made me shiver. 

"I think so" I giggled while his hands rubbed my back tenderly.. 

I didn't want to let him go.. At all..

HI READERS! HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER!

AS FOR THE SONGS USED IN THIS CHAPTER, HERE IT IS! THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bma5wRFFa-c&list=HL1385801194&feature=mh_lolz <--- The little drummer boy - Kevin McHale. For all you glee fans <3