2.

Prince charming

As Jongdae left the cafeteria with Tao, he sighed with relief. "We're saved" he panted leaning on a wall. Tao eyed him confused. "Sorry, but I don't understand?"

Jongdae gives himself a moment to catch the breath, then explains "You don't know Baek, it's all about his pride." Tao still looks confused as ever. "You've hurt it twice, first you didn't apologize and now you've said you even hadn't recognized him. It's a big no for him. I don't predict you two a great future."

Something different appeared in Tao's eyes and Jongdae couldn't quite name it. It seemed like kind of sadness but not only... He noticed a bit of longing? Longing? No he must've been mistaken. He shrugs kicking the weird thought out of his mind.

Suspicious look already disappeared off boy's face as Tao started talking "Maybe I should go there and apologize?" the boy said heading back to cafeteria.

"No! That's the worst idea now, give him some time." Jongdae begged reaching out for Tao's forearm. It quite shocked Jongdae, the boy caring so much about a person he's just met?

"If you say so" the boy pouted giving up an sloughing his shoulders.


 

After last lesson, Tao packed his stuff and was about to leave when he heard someone calling out his name. "Oh, Kyungsoo. Hey."

"Hey. Where are you heading to?" He asked smiling politely, his lips forming heart shape.

"I was about to leave. You know, unpacking and stuff. And our house isn't fully furnished even." Tao answered. He didn't want it to sound like excuse. He really needed to help his parents.

"That's a shame. I wanted you to come for our choir practice, I know it sounds lame but it's not" Kyungsoo offered.

"It doesn't. Can I come next week?" Tao hoped it would work. He really wanted to make friends with Kyungsoo. He was so kind to him.

"Sure thing. Anyways, have you signed to afterschool classes, already? You know, these every student is obliged to attend in our school. I could help you enroll in one." He smiled again, eyes sparkling.

"Th-thanks" Tao stuttered. "I actually did sign to one" Tao shivered slightly.

"Kyungsoo! Come! We'll be late for practice!" cute faced blonde shouted.

"Going, hyung!" he said turning around. "Sorry Tao, they're waiting for me. Will you be ok? We'll see each other tomorrow!" the boy said leaving.

"Sure." Tao smiled to himself. The first day at school didn't end up so bad.


 

Next day, Baekhyun wakes up to sound of birds chirping. After good night sleep he feels fresh and forgets about annoying Tao. He leaves home just in time to catch the bus. It's packed as always but Baekhyun somehow manages to squeeze himself inside. Just as the bus is about to leave, he hears voice crying out to wait a bit more. It's dark haired boy again, running so fastly and gracefully. Baekhyun catches himself staring at powerful moves. He can see muscles working under thin material of Tao's light uniform pants. When boys gets on, he turns away. "Byun Baekhyun! What are you looking at?!" he thinks to himself in panic shivering.

Soon enough, the ride is almost over and Tao still haven't noticed Baekhyun. The boy sighs with relief. Now he has to get of unnoticed, using back door and "Byun Baekhyun" he hears just as the bus reaches final stop. He turns around to see ashamed Tao. Where did that sportsman from earlier this morning go?

Before Baekhyun could react, they are already out of the bus. "I'm sorry" he hears light voice. Tao again look so pityful and vunerable. Screw that aegyo! Do they even know aegyo in China? It seems they do.

He gives the boy judging glance and poor Tao shivers "Fine." He answers finally, looking at chinese. "I'm letting this go for once." Baekhyun continues, eyes wrinkling in the corners as he smiles. The other boy's eyes start shimmering and gentle blush paints his face. Why is he so shy in front of Baekhyun? He forgave him, so...

"Jongdae told me I should wait, but I couldn't. You're my seatmate we should get along." Tao utters excited.

Baekhyun just humms in answer.

"And it seems we're neighbours as well." Baekhyun turns to look at the boy. He looks much happier now. Did it really mean to him that much? The forgiveness? What an interesting creature.

Baekhyun finally gives up and opens up to new boy. "Maybe I was too hard on him?" he thinks.

The boys continue their walk to school having a slightly akward talk about their neighbour, school and stuff.



 

Every Wednesday Baekhyun has history class. It's been his favourite class this term, not because he likes learning about all these wars and imperials, but because of tall figure seating two rows in front of him. It was the only lesson he'd shared with Chanyeol. Whole hour he could stare at the boy, marvel his features. He'd learned them by heart by now. He would recognize these ears and spiky hair everywhere.

No, he wasn't supposed to stare at him like that anymore, he warned himself. Think of Kyungsoo.

It's so bitter that one of his friend is now dating his long time crush. He should have confessed his friends earlier. He should've confessed to Chanyeol. Now he couldn't even blame Kyungsoo. He simply hadn't known. Eh, will he ever get over? He thinks shuting his eyes close for a moment and touching his temples.

Baekhyun looks through the window, the glass is quite dirty, with visable stains but he doesn't mind as he stares mindlessly. His eyes approaches to place where his old school was. It was now hidden in trees covered by fresh leaves.

That was the place he'd seen Chanyeol first. It was 2nd year of middle school. He remembers the day he'd transferred. New surrounding, new faces, new places. He admits now that he was scared. Luckily he quickly made friends. He'd met Jongdae and Sehun there. They've been together even since. Although he'd known them for few years now, they'd never realised his attraction to Chanyeol. He did good job not casting too much longing glances in his direction. He thinks sardonicaly. Now he regrets that. Maybe things could've been different if he was more corageous? No, probably not. Kyungsoo would still be chosen over him. He had nothing to offer. Now, focus, Baek. Pay attention so you can become a better person. Kyungsoo is better than him even in history he noticed and sighed.



 

As soon as lessons have finished Baekhyun speeded down the stairs to his locker. He wanted to put away his stuff and leave fastly. He was begging for weekend already. Today's tests and classes drained all the energy out of him and he still had some learning to do back home. All he dreamed of was leaving the school and getting some good rest. His plans were spoiled unluckly.

"Baek! Did you get your sheet music back? You've left them after last training." A mate from choir shouts from behind.

Oh no, he's forgotten about it totally. He must go take them, so he can train at home. It means going through all the school, passing by gym where volleyball training was held. And where Chanyeol was. In any other situation he would be dying of glee, but now...  Maybe the training hasn't started yet.

Baekhyun passes liveless corridors. Finally he's in the left wing of building. Music lab is just there. He needs to pass by locker room and gym. Slowly he approaches not wanting anyone to see him. The boy looks around. Right - clear, left too, nobody seen. Maybe he won't have to deal with all these stupid sweaty bodies. Yohoo. Confidently he walks, passing gym, the music lab door just in front of him. He reaches to open them and freezes. Soft voices can be heard from inside. There are two people inside talking quietly.

"Yeol, we shouldn't be there. What if someone walks in?" there's a brief pause.

Lower, a bit husky voice answers "Shush, Soo, lets stay like this just for a while" he murmurs. "I need recharging, I told youuu~." he continues cutely. Then a sound of gentle kiss and then soft chuckle reaches Baekhyun's ears.

He stands here unable to move. It's too much for his fragile heart. Lovey dovey sounds keep reaching his ears. Boy faintly turns around and leaves stumbling every few steps.

Screw the choir practice. Screw his life.

 

~~~~~~~~

A/N

Thank you guys for reading and subscribing to my story! It's a big honor to me :) I will try my best to keep you interested in my fanfic! Love!