19.

Prince charming

When Tao and Baekhyun leave to forest, the shorter one feels like he can finally breathe easily. For the few hours of doing research, he can stop being scared of meeting a certain person.

"Taozi," he addresses the Chinese getting his attention. "I'm so relieved now. It feels so good not to be worried for a bit but I'm still scared of what will happen" he confesses. Tao approaches him and lies his hands on both of Baekhyun's shoulders to console him. He ignores his rapidly thumping heart in order to make the shorter one feel better.

"Don't think about this for now, you need to relax for a bit at least or you'll freak out" he smiles at the boy he's facing. "I'm here for you no matter what, you know?" Baekhyun feels tears stinging in his eyes but blinks them back. He can't lean on Tao all the time. Especially now, when he's found out about his feelings. Why can't he love him back? Why does he have to think about his friend's boyfriend? They rarely even have a common talk. No, they only kiss from time to time, he flinches at the memory. Why is his heart so stupid?

"I know" he shrugs. "You're doing too much for me. For taking my side immediately, thank you" he smiles hesitantly biting his bottom lip out of nervous habit and regrets it right after seeing Tao's adam apple move as he gulps looking away and letting go of Baekhyun's shoulders. The shorter can't believe how could he be so oblivious. He should listen to Jongdae more often.

"No problem" Tao answers a bit too fastly. "That's friend's duty" he gets his senses together and hides his flush efficiently. Why is his body reacting like this to Baekhyun all of sudden? He has to be more cautious or he'll become a burden to the Korean. They part their ways for a bit to continue the research. "Will you be alright alone?" Tao asks with concern.

Baekhyun rolls eyes at him. "Sure, I'm not a kid, remember?" he laughs softly, Tao can be such a cutie when he cares about him. "And will you be okay?" he asks causing the taller to chuckle.

"Remember my wushu skills? I'll fight all the bears hiding there" he jokes but notices Baekhyun face changes to an afraid one.

"Bears?" Tao bursts with laughter.

"I'm joking of course" he explains but Baekhyun doesn't seem convinced. Tao rolls his eyes. "Look, we're just next to camp, it's practically clearing" the shorter pouts.

"And now you make fun of me" he fakes a frown. "Lets get that damn research done, I'm leaving" he sends a small wave to Tao and they part their ways.






 

Chanyeol leaves his and Kyungsoo's shared room excusing himself to the washroom. He needs some time alone to deal with the feelings becoming too overhelming.

He closes the door behind him and sighs. He can't delete particular picture from his head, Baekhyun in his arms, flushed Baekhyun from some random memory, Baekhyun playing around back in middle school, he didn't know he remember him from that time.

He exits the building and lies on the grass not caring about his clothes which will definitely become all green. He closes his eyes to focus on his own boyfriend, he tries to remember all their good times, as when Kyungsoo was so cute demanding for Chanyeol to kiss him and embarrassed after this. He tries to think about him and his plush lips but there is a person with even plusher and softer lips. And he's lost again, thinking about Baekhyun. He gets up and decides to walk in forest not to think at all. He leads his steps in.

The forest is quiet and refreshing. The voices of birds can be heard and the wind blowing around feels nice against his skin. He walks ahead not caring if he'll be able to find a way back. He just needs to be totally alone, totally free for a moment to decide what he should do. He's scared because even thoughts of breaking up came to his mind. He thinks them over. Maybe Baekhyun is the one that will give him happiness? God, that's so complicated.






 

Tao goes through the forest trying to find the last needed samples fastly. He wants to be quick because he feels a bit guilty for scaring Baekhyun. He's just like a kid he smiles at the thought.

Suddenly he hears some rustling and sound of branches breaking. He halts his steps and looks around. Somebody's here?

A tall boy appears in front of him. He seems so dazed that he doesn't notice Tao at first. He walks straight as is he was blind, struggling a bit taking each step.

"Oh" he finally notices change of surrounding. "Hi, Tao" he smiles weakly. He can't run away from what he's done even in forest. "Sup?" he pretends to be calm but his insides boil of jealousy as he thinks of Baekhyun. He's a bit scared of what he's feeling. Get together, Chanyeol, you have Kyungsoo, remember? He scolds himself. Tao sends him not so nice gaze greeting him. They look at each other for a moment akwardly. "Well" Chanyeol breaks the slience "I'll be going then see you around" he says hoping not to see the other anymore. He turns around not waiting for response.

"Wait" Tao asks. "I have to talk to you" Chanyeol sighs, he'd seen it coming but he isn't really in mood to fight with Tao now. He's too weak because of his confusion now. Not having other choice he turns around to face Tao. They exchange an intense gaze.

"I guess it's about Baekhyun, isn't it?" Chanyeol asks pretending to be confident. Tao's face gets unreadable expression. "If you're going to give me lecture, no thank you, you're no one to do this."

"I'm not going to lecture you" Tao answers after a short stop. "I just want to ask why have you done it?" Chanyeol's eyes widen a bit but he gets control of his expression soon and puts on a cold face.

"Why should I answer?" Chanyeol asks coldly. "I guess you're getting into not your matters."

"You should because I'm asking you politely" Tao almost whispers but Chanyeol feels goose bumps. "It seems you're just toying around with him. Stop it, he had enough hardships because of you" the Korean feels his heart cleanch at the words. The last thing he wants is to hurt Baekhyun. He's already did though.

"Why do you care?" Chanyeol sends Tao a strong glance. "Do you have feelings for him?" The Chinese blushes lightly and Chanyeol's worst suspections comes out as true.

Tao wants to talk back to the boy but is interrupted by scream coming from the forest. Both of students look at each other shouting "Baekhyun!" and start running to the sound's source.

"Did you bring him there?!" Chanyeol scolds Tao while running. "And left him alone?!"

"We've been doing research, that's why we separated" the Chinese explains. "Stop talking and run, it's not important now!" and the boys fasten their pace. Tao screws himself for being shorter than Chanyeol, he must work extra hard not to be left behind by the gigant with riddiculously long legs. He has to be the first to find Baekhyun. It could end up really bad if Chanyeol would.

Soon they finally spot the short Korean sitting and hiding behind a tree. Chanyeol loses his composture for a moment seeing tears on Baekhyun's face but still runs to him. Both of boys get to the smaller at the same time.

"Baek!" Tao shouts out taking Baekhyun in his arms and holding him tightly. Chanyeol stays in the side akwardly. "What happened?! Tell me are you hurt?" the Chinese asks pulling away slightly to look at Baekhyun's tear stained face and brush away messed hair strands from his face.

"Taaao" the shorter cries "I thought it was a bear, I got so scared!" he hits the Chinese on shoulder. "It's all your fault!" he accuses him but anyways hugs him tightly and hides his face in his chest to cool down. Tao chuckle and pats the boy affectionately. He kisses the top of boy's head causing Chanyeol to feel really not at place. Especially when Tao sends him a glare. Victorious one.

"Sorry, babe, it was stupid of me" Baekhyun is still shocked and doesn't even notice the way Tao called him, but of course Chanyeol does, the small Korean just wants to be held by Tao. It feels so... safe. He gets even closer causing Tao to chuckle again. It sounds so beautiful in Baekhyun's ears. He immediately forgets about his anger. "You're going to squeeze life out of me" Tao whispers to his ear. Baekhyun tears himself from the boy.

"You can't ever be serious, can you?" he laughs looking at the boy. Both of them feel so much better now. They face each other for a moment. Tao feels pleasant warmness getting all over his body. He forgets about everything but Baekhyun. He cups the boy's cheek and sends him affectionate glance. He feels so in love and wants to tell it to the whole world.

"Baekhyun, I" he starts but is interrupted by a someone clearing his throat. The boys part immediately blushing as they notice Chanyeol. Tao's completely forgotten about his existence.

"Oh, Chanyeol" Tao starts akwardly seeing something disturbing at the boy's face. Tao and Baekhyun stand up rapidly. "I guess, we can come back, I've found everything already" he tells Baekhyun. Chanyeol seizes him again with rage. The scene he'd just seen made him really angry. And that Chinese showing up. What was that?! But why, the hell, does he even care? He's Kyungsoo's boyfriend, not Baekhyun's!

"Baekhyun, are you alright?" Chanyeol asks in soft voice as they start heading back.

"Yes" he answers falling in total akwardness. How does he look now? Kissing with one guy, cuddling with the other next day. On the other's eyes. How could he not notice him? Fail.

They finally reach the camp.

"Yeol!" Kyungsoo runs to them. "Where the hell were you?! I was worried!" he throws himself at the boy hugging him. "Now explain yourself! You were suppoused to go to wash room!" He continues letting the taller go. Chanyeol takes his hand and pulls him to more private place. He doesn't want to be scolded in public.

Tao coughes akwardly as Baekhyun stares at him. "God, it's so bad. Why was he with you?" Baekhyun asks as the boys leave.

"Um" the other scratches his neck sheepishly "I met him in forest and we heard you screaming and so we run together" he explains.

To Tao's surprise, Baekhyun starts laughing. "Good thing I haven't seen it. You probably had an interesting talk, right?"

"Well, your girly shouting disturbed us luckily" he teases showing his tounge.

"Hey" Baekhyun hisses hitting Tao playfully. "Anyways, I really don't know what to do with Kyungsoo" he frowns after a while. "Chanyeol doesn't think about his feelings, leaving him alone. I'm worried if they will work this out." Tao ruffles his hair.

"Don't worry too much, there's nothing you can do, what is to happen, will" he smiles bitterly. His biggest wish now is to make Baekhyun forget about all the problems. If he could he would solve them for him, even if it would take a lot of effort but it doesn't seem to be solvable. Now it's just between Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. He can do nothing if the gigant screws up with Soo. And if it happens it will surely hurt Baekhyun as well. "Come," he puts on a smile and reaches his hand out to Baekhyun "Lets do something fun now, lets enjoy the trip when it lasts" the smaller giggle softly and lets Tao lead him. That's right, they should have fun now. What else can they do?