9.

Prince charming

The next day brings a new topic to student's talks.

"Who do you think will get the main role?"

"I bet Kyungsoo."

"No way, there's plenty of awesome seniors!"

And other can be heard. The musical audition has became a hot issue. It's going to take place tomorrow at 5 pm, and the lessons are shortened to 2 to give auditoners sufficient share of time for preparations.

"Kyungsoo-ya, are you going to get the role?" Jongdae asks directly.

Sehun chuckles as Kyungsoo looks at Jongdae begging. "No pressure at all, thank you" the latter says. Chanyeol who's today sitting next to his boyfriend instead with volleyball team takes his hand to give him support.

"You'll have a lot of great rivals, but you know you're well... the best? The only problem is that you aren't a senior" Jongdae adds cheering him up. He at least thinks it would do. Chanyeol looks at Kyungsoo amused. The latter smiles at him weakly.

"Stop it. You're just making it worse" Sehun murmurs. Kyungsoo sighs.


 

"Baek, are we going for a lunch or what...?" Tao asks when he sees the said boy hesitating. His eyes are practically glued to the floor as he fidgets.

"Well... I don't really want to because the guys will be talking about Kyungsoo and him being awesome" he can feel Tao's glance at himself. "I don't mean he isn't but just it will take away all my newly found confidence."

"Come with me" Tao says simply grabbing the shorter one's wrist and tugging him as they walk.

"Where are you taking me?" Baekhyun asks worried. "Cafeteria?" he pouts.

"No, it's not" he isn't giving any more information so Baekhyun should become a bit scared as the person he is but he doesn't. Tao has a good influence on him.

"Outside?" Baekhyun seems suprised as they leave school building. Tao just turns to him and nods.

Soon they are sitting on the grass under some tree. Baekhyun feels a bit anxious about the situation as Tao takes of his uniform jacket and urges him to sit on it. He finally agrees seeing there's no way to refuse. It's a bit akward because Tao doesn't sit next to him, he takes the seat in front of him and stares intently.

"Sing" he asks, voice warm.

Baekhyun looks like someone would at least ask him to fly to the moon. He gaps. "What? Now? There?" Tao just nods not giving up. Baekhyun feels like he can't go against the taller one's wish so he focuses takes in a deep breath and starts singing. His eyes are closed as he lets out next notes. Suddenly he feels a gentle pat on his hand. He opens his eyes to look straight in Tao's pair.

"Don't close them" he mouths not wanting Baekhyun to stop. The said boy feels a bit flushed now but doesn't stop. He manages to finish the song as well, even having the distracting view in front of himself, as yesterday at his room. Tao smiles at him.

"Can you see, you're better than anyone else now?" Baekhyun looks at him suprised, singing he forgotten why they'd came there. He nods. Tao stands up and reaches his hand to help Baekhyun up, then he takes his wrinkled jacket and cleans it of grass strands before wearing it. After that he takes Baekhyun's hand as if it was the most natural thing, smiles at him and leads him to the cafeteria.



 

"By the way, where's Baek and Tao?" Kyungsoo turns his eyes at Jongdae and Sehun.

"I don't know. He'll probably come soon. Maybe Tao took him on some wushu thing" Jongdae states simply.

Chanyeol's eyes twich. "They seem close now."

"Definitely. Something's up in the air" Kyungsoo smiles like a schoolgirl.

"I don't think so. Probably he's just helping around a new kid. He's a good person" Chanyeol says getting Kyungsoo's suprised glance.

Jongdae chuckles. "Man, you sound as if you were jealous" Chanyeol chockes at his food. Kyungsoo sends Jongdae morderous glance.

"Jongdae, I remind you he's taken. By me" he emphasize the last word. Chanyeol hugs him lightly.

"I just say what I think. You know I'm honest guy" Jongdae shrugs. "Better keep eye on your boyfriend" he winks at Chanyeol. The said boy blushes.

"I'm keeping eye only at him! What's wrong with you?" he sends Jongdae terrified glance.

"Is that so?" Jongdae whispers to himself. Kyungsoo looks at him "Don't be riddiculous."

After that Chanyeol seems to cling at Kyungsoo more. He squeezes his hand from time to time, sends him affectionate stares and smiles. He even kisses him at cheek getting "Gross" from Sehun. "Is he trying to prove something now?" Jongdae wonders.



 

Tao and Baekhyun reach the doors of cafeteria. The shorter stops the other from opening it.

"What's wrong?" Tao eyes him curiously.

Baekhyun scratches back of his neck. "Well..." he looks down at their linked hands.

"Oh" Tao blushes. "Sorry" he says letting Baekhyun's hand go. Said boy smiles at him apologetically.

"So... Lets enter?" Tao breaks the tense. The other nods and they do so.


 

The boys join their friends at the table. Tao makes sure that Baekhyun won't be sitting too close to Kyungsoo and Chanyeol while Chanyeol looks away to avoid Jongdae and Tao's glances and mostly, he avoids looking at Baekhyun. Kyungsoo finds it suspicious but doesn't say anything.

Baekhyun sits quietly at chosen by Tao spot. He notices it's far from the couple. The Chinese knows him well. He smiles at him grateful. It's definitely too early too look comfortably at Chanyeol.

The boys spend the break talking about stuff but the tension can be felt. Chanyeol's clinging to Kyungsoo has now disappeared. It's probably not to hurt Baekhyun, he thinks. It's quite sad not to be able to touch his boyfriend when he's so close but they will have chance later and he should care about his friends.

Soon the break is over and boys part their ways. That's the moment Jongdae approaches Kyungsoo.

"What's wrong with Chanyeol? You should talk to him. He's being weird around Baekhyun" he says a bit worried.

Kyungsoo sighs. "It's nothing. He just doesn't want to hurt him. You know what had happened before."

"Are you sure it's just about it?" Jongdae doesn't seem convinced.

"Yes" Kyungsoo says a bit annoyed. "Thank you for worring but we are really okay" he tries to sound confident.



 

After the lessons Kyungsoo's still thinking about weird situation.

"Yeol" he addresses his boyfriend.

"Mmm?" The said boy looks at him.

"Wanna hang out at my place today?" Chanyeol smirks. He approaches Kyungsoo cornering him between their lockers.

"Do you have something planned for us today?" he asks smiling at the memory of his last visit at Kyungsoo's house.

The shorter boy gulps visably. He won't ever get used to having his boyfriend so close. "Just I have something to talk about" he says weakly looking away. You don't sound too convincing, Do Kyungsoo, he thinks to himself.

Chanyeol moves away pouting. "Okay, talking is also okay, I guess" he says sadly what Kyungsoo finds so cute.



 

Soon they are in Kyungsoo's room, sitting at his bed facing each other.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Chanyeol asks looking directly at his boyfriend. Ah, he's so distracting, Kyungsoo closes his eyes to get his thoughts together.

"It's about Baekhyun. You know, what Jongdae said" Chanyeol looks at him sadly.

"Do you think I have thing for Baekhyun?" he asks hurt.

"No! I just" Kyungsoo fidgets. "I just wanted to get sure."

"And you aren't? I have thing only for you, don't you know?" Chanyeol still sounds hurt.

"I'm sorry" Kyungsoo feels so bad now. "I just... don't take it personally. You could just have anyone you want."

Chanyeol cups his face making him flinch. "So I have. You" he looks at his boyfriend. "Do you need a prove?" Kyungsoo's eyes widen. Chanyeol just chuckles and closes the distance between them pressing his lips against Kyungsoo's plush ones. The latter, shocked at first, respondes eagerly just a second later. He gives all of his hesitation away in the kiss. He reaches to tangle his fingers in Chanyeol's hair, he tugs at his strands not so gently. His other hand find its way to his boyfriend's shoulder. He scootches even closer. He wants to feel Chanyeol physically to get assured.

"You're so eager today" Chanyeol laughs as they part. Kyungsoo blushes dark red. "Don't be shy, babe" now the shorter one is even more flushed. He hides his face in his boyfriend's chest.

"I'm sorry" he manages. Chanyeol hugs him closely.

"For what?" Chanyeol asks amused.

"Don't make me say this. You know."

"Oh my god" Chanyeol laughs falling back and pulling Kyungsoo down with him. "You're talking about that. I though it's about believing Jongdae" he laughs even harder. Kyungsoo tries to get up but Chanyeol keeps him down. He stops laughing eventually. "Don't ever apologize me for something like that! I loved it, haven't you noticed?"

Kyungsoo smiles shyly. "Did you?" Chanyeol nods looking him straight in eyes for a while. Kyungsoo looks to the side.

"What I've got with you" the taller says getting up and fliping shocked Kyungsoo on his back.

"W-what are you doing?" he hisses frightened.

"Showing you that I really really enjoy everything you do" he reaches down and kisses Kyungsoo. First innocently, just gentle moves of lips, to get the latter in the mood. Then, he his lower lip slowly and starts tugging at it asking for entrance. Kyungsoo shivers from foreign feeling but opens his mouth to let the other in. Chanyeol takes the opportunity and slides in. They taste each other for the first time like that. It makes Chanyeol's heart beat so hard he thinks he may die.

When they part Kyungsoo looks shocked at his boyfriend. "What's wrong? Didn't you like it?" Chanyeol asks self conscious now. Kyungsoo blushes so hard. So does Chanyeol. But instead of answering he brings the other down for another kiss.



 

"Are you going to practice today?" Tao asks Baekhyun as they walk back home.

"I guess. It's today after all."

"Okay. But save the evening for me. You have to relax a bit in order to do well tomorrow" he smiles at Baekhyun.

"Did you prepare something?" said boy asks curiously.

"You'll see later. Come to my house at about 8, okay? It won't take long."

Baekhyun hesitates. "Okay? I guess" he's really no idea what's going on but he decides to trust Tao.

The taller one beams. "So see you then!" and they part their ways.

What will that boy suprise me with? Baekhyun thinks feeling warm. He now has someone who really cares for him. It's the best feeling!

~~~~~~
A/N: Nothing much to write there xD Anticipate the next chapter. And thanks to all subscribers! There's 25 of you! Wheee!