18.

Prince charming

Finally after a while to calm down, Chanyeol comes back to his room where the party is held. Kyungsoo spots him immediately and runs to him.

"Where have you been?" he asks clinging to his boyfriend's arm. "I've been worried sick."

Chanyeol looks at him apologetically. "I'm sorry. I've been out. I needed fresh air" he smiles slightly. "I guess, I am now less party person now. I needed a bit of slience."

Kyungsoo laughs at the statement. "I'm tired too. I guess you won't need to party for some time now" yeah, surely he won't.






 

Soon the party is over and everyone go back to their own rooms. Tao is first to leave because he hopes Baekhyun is back in their room safe.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol clean the garbage left after the people collecting it to a big bag and then fastly do their beds. When it's done they turn off the upper light leaving only a small lamp on. Kyungsoo lays in his bed almost waiting for Chanyeol to join him. He's pretty sure he will so he is really surprised when the boy simply goes to his own bed just saying "good night."

He decides to go to Chanyeol's bed then. He runs through the room fastly and joins his boyfriend.

"What are you doing?" shocked Chanyeol asks when Kyungsoo sits on his bed.

"I want to cuddle, don't you?" he pouts a bit disappointed.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm really tired. And drunk" Chanyeol explains himself. He knows it's a lame excuse but he can't touch Kyungsoo now. Not when the feeling of Baekhyun is still so vivid. It would be so wrong.

"But you haven't even kissed me goodnight" he really sounds so disappointed. Chanyeol gets up and kisses him lightly. "You call it a kiss?" Kyungsoo doesn't give up and kisses his boyfriend again. Now it's much more brave. When they part he smiles gladly. "Good night" and he goes back to his bed.







 

Tao stops in front of the door to his and Baekhyun's shared room. He is so worried that he won't find him there. He inhales and exhales few times and finally enters the room. He finds a cocoon lying on Baekhyun's bed and feels so relieved until he hears quiet sobbing coming from it. He turns on the light and runs to Korean's bed.

"Did something happen?" he asks softly.

"Tao!" the other throws himself at the boy. "Firstly, I'm so sorry about what I said. I was drunk. I don't think like this" he sobs a bit.

"No problem, Baek. You know I don't have ability to be mad at you" he hugs the boy and lies his chin on the other's head. "But I guess it isn't why you're crying?"

Baekhyun sobs badly again. Tao is now frightened. He rocks the boy in his arms trying to calm him down.

"Shsh" he whispers. "It's okay. You have me."

"I did something so wrong" he cries wetting Tao's shirt. "I'm such a bad person."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't care anymore. It won't change anything. Do you want to know?" he asks looking at Tao with painful expression. Something breaks in the Chinese.

"Tell me if you feel like telling" he whispers softly. "And don't worry about anything, I'm the last person to judge you" he continues brushing strands off Baekhyun's forehead. So much affection can be felt in this gesture, the shorter feels even more guilty about what he is going to say.

"Chanyeol kissed me" he whispers, Tao's eyes widen. "And I didn't push him away at first."

A moment of slience fills the room. Tao simply stares at the other boy. He feels his heart cleanching. How Chanyeol dared? Baekhyun is not someone to toy around with.

"..." Tao gaps trying to find words. "But you eventually pushed him away?" the other nods.

"He got me from surprise but I'm not innocent, I liked it and wished for it" he messes his hair crazily. Tao reaches to hold both of his hands.

"Are you going to tell Kyungsoo?" the next difficult question is asked.

"I don't know. Should I?" Baekhyun looks asking at Tao. "Tell me what to do now."

Tao feels really bad now but he can't leave Baekhyun at this point. He feels betrayed even though they aren't a couple. Deep inside he thought about them this way. "Probably Chanyeol should tell Kyungsoo. I think you shouldn't be first to confess it. Give him some time or their relationship will be over."

"But, do you think he'll be ever able to forgive me?" Baekhyun asks with pure hurt on face.

Tao shrugs. "I don't know, I guess it looks worse for Chanyeol" he answers after a while causing Baekhyun to sob violently again. "Don't worry for now. There's nothing you can do now" he embraces the shorter boy and lets him cry as much as he wants in his arms, running fingers through his hair strands from time to time.

"Could you tell me one more thing?" Tao whispers softly. Baekhyun nods. "Do you still have feelings for Chanyeol now?" the shorter hides his face in Tao's shirt wetting it even more.

"At first I felt so excited when he embraced me. It was like a dream" he pauses and Tao draws reasuring patterns on his back to calm him down. "When he kissed me too. But eventually it started to feel so wrong and bad. I'm so confused. It was probably because I thought about Kyungsoo so I guess I'm not over at all" he sobs again. "It hurts so bad. Will I ever be over?"

"Shsh" Tao shushes him. "Open your eyes and maybe you'll find someone who will make you forget" he adds misteriously swinging they softly to lull the boy. "We should go to sleep" he whispers "you're tired, everything will look better tomorrow." Baekhyun nods with head still in Tao's chest. After a moment he tears himself of him looking down.

"Mhm" he humms. "You're probably right" he says unconvinced. "Good night, Taozi, thank you" he falls at the bed making Tao even more worried. He leans in and puts blanket over the boy's small body, then pats his hair.

"Good night, Baekie" he says before turning around and going to his own bed.





 

This time Tao neither Baekhyun can sleep, they are tossing around the bed overhelmed by thoughts. Tao secretly looks at the other boy. He's worried sick about the situation. Will the fragile boy get over it all? He sighs for the nth time this night.





 

The next day the boys have to continue their research so they are waken up early. Everyone gather in the canteen to eat breakfast. Chanyeol tries to act casually so even though he's scared to face Baekhyun, he wakes up politely to his boyfriend's soft kisses and go for breakfast with him.

"Yeol, wake up, I didn't know you were such a groggy person in the morning" Kyungsoo says kissing Chanyeol's ear.

"Mhm" the latter opens his eyes and gets up finally. "Give me five minutes and we can go" he leaves to wash his face leaving Kyungsoo a bit hurt. When he enters the shared bathroom, it's luckily empty. He splashes cold water on his face and looks in the mirror, his face looks bad but who would care in a situation like that? He washes himself fastly and leaves to join Kyungsoo in their room.

"Finally" the shorter exclaims. "I'm starving" he links his fingers with Chanyeol's and pulls him to the canteen.

As they enter, the taller scans it looking for Baekhyun. He hopes the boy isn't up yet or has eaten already. Unlucky, he's there, sitting with other boys and eating cereal. He looks as if he hasn't brushed his hair yet, the strands practically standing up. Chanyeol feels so bad for making Baekhyun uncomfortable. If he could turn back the time... but the kiss, he can't forget it. It's still in his head.

Kyungsoo pulls him to the table where the rest of boys are sitting, they take their spots next to Luhan luckily and Chanyeol is facing Jongdae who sits next to Baekhyun.

"Hi" they greet the friends, Kyungsoo affectionately, Chanyeol akwardly.

"How was the night?" Kyungsoo asks randomly and the chat start. Chanyeol doesn't even focus on unmeaningful words. His eyes shyly go in Baekhyun's direction, he stares at him when no one's watching, thoughts running through his head. Why did he kiss him? Or rather how did he dare? Now the boy's probably sick worried about his friendship and doesn't know what to do. It's all Chanyeol's fault. If he could control himself better. Then he catches himself thinking really bad thoughts like remembering how soft and plush the boy's lips were, how small he felt in his arms and how fragile he was back then with teary face. His heart clenches when he remembers the confession. If he knew before.

Finally Baekhyun looks up and catches Chanyeol staring at him. He immediately looks away blushing softly. Tao notices the situation and sends Chanyeol glare. , Baekhyun must have told him.

The meal ends eventually and the boys part to continue their research.

"Baek," someone catches the boy's elbow, he turns around and sighs with relief seeing it's Jongdae.

"What?" Jongdae rolls his eyes.

"You tell me what. Did something happen yesterday? You seemed off" he asks concerned.

"I'll leave you two alone, I'll be waiting outside" Tao says leaving. Jongdae eyes Baekhyun. Now he's sure something's wrong.

"Okay" Baekhyun gives up. "But promise you won't tell anyone no matter what it is or what you will think about me after that" Jongdae is now freaking out. What is he talking about?

"I'm your friend, remember? Now tell me. I'm worried" Baekhyun sighs and tells the whole story, Jongdae's jaw is dropping lower and lower.

"You let him kiss you?" Jongdae repeats after Baekhyun, the boy nods. "And you liked it?" another nod. "My poor Baekie" he looks at his friend sadly. "What are we going to do with Kyungsoo? Do you think Chanyeol will tell him?"

"I don't know, but Tao said I should give him time to tell it. If I'll interfere, it'll be the end of their relationship" Baekhyun explains.

"Probably" Jongdae looks at the other with hurt, poor little thing. "And Tao knows?" another nod. "How did he react?"

"He said he'll support me" Baekhyun smiles softly. "He's so good for me."

"He loves you" Jongdae states. "I'm sure now after what happened on the party, I talked to him when you left, he was so down" Baekhyun messes his hair.

"I don't deserve it" he looks at Jongdae "What should I do? I don't even know my feelings, for neither of them."

"Let your heart decide but" he advices. "Remember Chanyeol is Kyungsoo's boyfriend, I guess you don't want to break the frendship you two have."

"Of course I don't, but look what I've done already. I don't deserve to be called friend" his face falls into total sorrowfulness.

Jongdae looks at him with pity and reaches to hug him. "You were drunk, you wouldn't do it if sober."

"Oh Jongdae, I don't know" he lets himself sink into embrace. "I don't know myself anymore" Jongdae simply pats his back to give him support. Why does it have to be so difficult?


 

"Luuu~" Sehun shouts running in his boyfriend's direction. Said boy turns around and smiles at the younger when he finally reaches him and hugs him tightly.

"What is it, babe?" the older asks letting Sehun sink in his arms.

"Babe?" the taller tears himself from Luhan. He looks at him amused. "Babe, really?" he repeats.

Luhan stares at him. "Yes, babe, why not, babe?" he asks him pretending to be serious.

Sehun chuckles. "Actually, look, I'm taller" Luhan grimaces. "And it would be more suitable if I called you my babe."

"Pf! Such a lame excuse" Luhan acusses. "I'm older and I'm the head of this relationship" he winks getting grunt from Sehun. He gets closer to him and faces him, the younger drops his gaze at the intensity of the gesture. "Am I not, babe?"

Sehun gives up when Luhan starts speaking against his lips blowing air on it. He knows he's already lost. "Stop it and kiss me finally" he asks shamelessly causing Luhan to chuckle.

"Sure, babe" he whispers in low voice and obeys the younger's wish pressing their lips together. Sehun moans softly at the contact making Luhan squeal inside at his boyfriend's cuteness moving against the younger lips slowly aiming to leave him totally breathless. Of course he manages.

"Hyung" Sehun pants after they separate. He leans into the older's embrace.

"You prefer calling me hyung after all?" he pouts. "I told you Lu is more personal."

Sehun looks at him and laughs. "I'm afraid to call you that anymore" he jokes. "Look what it brings out of you" he chuckles getting playful hit from the other.

"Hey" he also laughs. "Don't make me sound like a kind of ert."

"Not ert" Sehun looks at him "it just looks like" he makes a little break "a kink" he fastly tears himself of Luhan and runs away laughing.

"Huh! Really? I'll show you, you little" he shouts after his boyfriend and runs after him. He's not getting away with it!