22.

Prince charming

Jongdae leaves the school. He's alone again. It doesn't suit his personality at all. He's always been an outgoing kind of clown person and everyone liked him even with his sharp tounge and somewhat harsh jokes. If you'd ask his best friend, Baekhyun, deep inside he would say he likes him actually because of that. He wouldn't be Jongdae without that.

Anyways now the boy feels left out. He thinks he shouldn't rely on just Baek and cling to him. He's sad to admit but people grow up and change and maybe his bestfriend doesn't need him anymore? He hopes it's just for now, he has to deal with his feelings and that's why Jongdae feels kicked to another plan. But why Baek won't ask him for help? Won't sit in Jongdae's room for hours grimacing and wincing and pitying himself? Wasn't it always like this? Jongdae sighs. He totally needs to go meet some new people. Not that he's going to abandon Baekhyun, he just needs to give him time. Time with Tao.

It's hard for Jongdae to admit, but he feels a slight pang of envy deep in his heart. He's being jealous of that Tao jerk. No way.

He's so deep in his thoughts, he doesn't even hear somebody talking to him. A cute but edgy looking guy. He smirks at Jongdae slightly. That's a new one, someone who doesn't pay attention to him. He decides to run after a boy. He's quite cute and how can he let a chance like that go? He would never waste occasion to flirt, even if it's high schooler.

He runs and stops in front of Jongdae blocking his way. Poor boy is so shocked he almost bumps into stranger. He opens his eyes widely.

"Who are you?" he asks bluntly.

The stranger plasters on his face commercial like smile. You would totally buy anything from him. Jongdae has to admit he looks handsome and interesting with these sparks in eyes. "Kim Junmyeon. I'm a graduate of this school" he reaches out his hand. Jongdae feels a bit intimated, so he must be an university student. What does he want from him? Just asking for directions? But why would he introduce himself then?

Jongdae grabs his hand hesitantly. Hesitantly? Wow, that guy is having an effect on him. That's akward.

"Mmm" the younger just humms akwardly forgetting how to talk. The Junmyeon guy smiles brilliantly again showing his perfect teeth. Is the high schooler being shy now? Nice, he likes cute type. He shakes his hand totally too long for just meeting a stranger and when finally letting go, stops when he's just touching tops of his fingers. Jongdae looks down at their connected hands and blushes tearing it apart. Junmyeon gives him amused glance. Totally too long to be considered just friendly.

"I see you're a student here, right?" he asks as if nothing happened pointing at the uniform the younger is wearing.

"Yes?" not answers but tells as if he was asking, Junmyeon chuckles.

"You're really shy, aren't you?" he asks shamelessly. Jongdae starts blushing. It's been long time since someone has made him feel like this. Not to mention blush! Wait, is he into that guy? Since when he's been into guys?! Where's that blunt, arrogant Jongdae? "May I know what's your name?" Junmyeon asks like a gentleman. Jongdae is at his limit. A minute more and he's going to literally run away.

"K-kim Jongdae" is he stuttering now?! What the actual ?

"Kim Jongdae" the stranger repeats A few times clicking his tounge as if he was checking how does it sounds on his lips. "You're just my type Kim Jongdae" the younger can't believe what he's hearing. He shots his eyes at Junmyeon. He can't see any hint of joking on his gentle face. He looks so warm. Like someone Jongdae could... lean on?

What?! Stop it right now, Jongdae, he tells himself.

"I gotta go, bye" he murmurs and runs not looking at the stranger anymore.

Junmyeon turns around to stare at the boy. He chuckles again. He's not letting him go that easy. He turns back when the boy disappears and enters the school.

 

"Baek," Tao ask concerned sitting on the floor of his own room just next to his friend. He didn't honesty expect him to come as he has a lot to do now with both musical and school so he's worried something may have happened. "Now slowly tell me what's going on?"

Baekhyun shrugs and shakes his head. He tries to smile to make Tao more at ease. "Don't worry, it's nothing. I just wanted to see you. We promised to try, don't you remember?" he explains shyly. Tao stares at him not quite believing. "I missed you?" Baekhyun tries to convince.

Now Tao's the one shaking his head. "Byun Baekhyun, don't try to fool me" he says exchanging glance with his crush. The other pouts as he notices he had lost it. Tao knows him too well. "I would lie if I said I'm not fluttered by what you've just said but I would prefer you not to lie to me."

"Oh, okay, you won" Baekhyun gives up. "Something has happened" he hesitates for a while. "But the later part of what I've said is totally true" he blushes. "I did miss you" he whispers. The confession totally melts Tao's insides. He smiles gladly not being able to keep it in.

"Okay, okay, you're forgiven but now I'm waiting. What happened?" he continues. "Baekie, I'm worried, I want you to trust me and lean on me" he reaches out to grab his hand and squeeze it. "We can share both happiness and sadness. When you share happiness it doubles and when you share sadness, it divides at least in half" he looks at Baekhyun adoringly. The latter smiles gently and Tao thinks he'd never seen somebody so beautiful. The chinese eases his hand out of Baekhyun's hold. The latter looks rather lost.

"Why...?" he manages staring at Tao.

"Oh sorry, it's distracting me way too much. And I'm not letting you not to tell me what's worrying you. And I was on a good way" he winks playfuly.

"Um" Baekhyun looks around. "It's just I told Chanyeol to finally confess Kyungsoo what he... we have done" he scratches his neck sheepishly. "And one - I went a bit overboard with everything shouting at him" he lies his palm on his knee looking at it. Tao places his index finger on it and gently draws calming patters, some circles or just meaningless lines.

"Was it that bad?"

"I guess, I left him no choice at all" Baekhyun admits. "I made him tell it. And there's another problem. Honesty" he breaths in "I'm worried what will happen now. With Kyungsoo and our friendship... and with their relationship. What will Kyungsoo do? I see he really loves Chanyeol" he sighs. "But I don't know if it's mutual. Chanyeol's been acting really weird lastly. He actually confessed me today. How happy would I be few months ago... What if he breaks Soo? It would be just my fault." Baekhyun looks at his feet.

"It may be confusion. And it's never good to live in lie or delusion. It's better for Kyungsoo to know now. He will probably get hurt but finally should forgive you, you've been friends for a long time." Tao comforts. "It will let him look at Chanyeol from other perspective and revise his feelings. He may decide to break up or not, but you're not the reason there" he assures. "Chanyeol will either regret and apologize or let it go but it would mean he didn't really love him so it's better for both to part."

"You think so? And that our friendship will last?" Tao nods.

"It may not be that easy but I'm sure it will." The boys stay quiet for few minutes.

Baekhyun moves closer to Tao and lies his head gently on the latter's shoulder. "Thank you" he whispers.

"Thank you too" Tao replies whispering. "For telling me. And visiting me."

Tao circles his arm around pettite boy and hugs him gently. He's so careful as if he was holding some kind of treasure. Baekhyun hides his face in a crook of Tao's neck. "You smell nice" he murmurs blowing air at Tao's collarbone. Goosebumps runs down the Chinese's body. He leans down and sniffles at Baekhyun's hair.

"You smell nice too" Baekhyun chuckles. "Lime shampoo?"

The shorter humms in response. "Do you like limes?"

"Now I do" Tao admits shamelessly. The boys finally part a bit as Tao faces Baekhyun. He pushes the boy gently away and moves to the back. Baekhyun looks at him confused.

"Why did you let go?" he winces a bit. "I'm a cuddle monster, you know?"

"Sorry. It was a bit difficult for me" the Chinese admits akwardly.

"What was?" the shorter asks surprised.

"I'd better not tell" Tao blushes.

Baekhyun is totally lost now. "Did I do something wrong?" Tao shakes his head. "Then what is it? Are you allergic to limes?" Baekhyun asks innocently and Tao chuckles. He can't hold it and bursts out with laughter. Baekhyun looks a bit hurt. "Why are you laughting?"

"Sorry" he chuckles again. "I'm not allergic to limes. Totally not that. Not even close."

"Then...? I've been honest with you."

"But it might make you uneasy."

"You're making me uneasy now" Baekhyun points out and Tao sighs.

"I just felt a huge urge to kiss you" Baekhyun stares. "And we agreed not to do it yet so I won't" Baekhyun still can't move. Tao pushes his shoulder gently. "Don't worry, you've totally destroyed the atmosphere with lime allergic comment" he laughs and pinches Baekhyun's nose.

Baekhyun is red now. Hard to tell if it's from embarrassment or fury. Either way Tao won't regret saying it, the face was worth it. He laughs even harder."Yah!!!" Baekhyun hits him on arm. Tao falls to the ground and literally rolls from laughter. Baekhyun frowns and stands up and approaches the door as if to leave. Tao notices it and stands up rapidly,

"Wait, wait, wait, where are you going?"

"Somewhere noone will make fun of me" he reaches to open the door but Tao doesn't let him as he stops his hand.

"Sorry, I won't do it anymore" Tao frowns but Baekhyun seems unconvinced. "I promise, please stay, I want to spend more time with you." Baekhyun wants to act angry but Tao's honest words make him melt. "Stay, please. We will do whatever you want." He tries to make up for his laughting.

Baekhyun sighs in defeat. Tao smiles and opens his arms wide. "Come?" he asks hesitantly. The shorter sighs again and lets himself burry in Tao's heat. It feels so right when he's hidding his face in his chest and Tao's holding him tight and pats his back lovingly. Just so right. He immediately forgets that he was mad at the Chinese.

"You've got me around your finger" Baekhyun murmurs in the other's chest. "You're taking advantage of my weakness. That's not fair."

"Don't you like me to take advantage of you like that?"

"Shh" the shorter shushes Tao. He doesn't want him to talk now. "Wait until I learn how to take advantage of you!"

You already did, Tao tells himself in his head. He loves the pettite boy so much. Every smile hug or word, it's getting even deeper. He's on Baekhyun's hook. Not that he opposes.