17.

Prince charming

When everyone is done with assignment, in the evening a bit of fun is planned for everyone after the work. They can relax while burning sasuages and marshmallows in the firelight. There are songs and stories of course, the scary ones too, as they are deep in a dark forest.

After ten teachers tell all of the students to come back to their rooms and sleep (what they know won't happen).

"Can't we just behave and not get in trouble, please?" Baekhyun whines as they are on their way back.

"You're no fun" Jongdae accusses. "Come on, don't spoil the fun and join everyone in Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's room" he looks at Baekhyun with puppy eyes.

"Actually I can't believe Kyungsoo agreed for such a thing" Baekhyun mutters.

"He isn't a granny like you" Jongdae teases. "I beg you. Tao won't come without you too, don't make him miserable."

"Me? Miserable?" Tao asks gaining Jongdae's glare. Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

"Okay, but if it gets too wild, I'm leaving" he states finally. Jongdae clasps his hands and pulls Baekhyun and Tao to said room.

When they enter it is already quite busy with other students. Kyungsoo fastly spots them. Baekhyun makes beeline to talk to him.

"I can't believe you agreed to that all" he hisses looking around the room and noticing some bottles of beer hidden here and there. Kyungsoo blushes.

"He's been partying like that before we started dating so... I guess I would try it too" he looks at Baekhyun uncertain. "We are young. It's our time, isn't it?" Baekhyun gives up and nods slightly.

"Okay, but don't tell I didn't warn you" he gives him harsh look but softens finally. "Lets have fun then?" and the boys smile at each other.

Soon first bottles of smuggled beer are opened and the students get more and more happy. Even Baekhyun eventually gives in and tries the beer. It's so bitter but he doesn't want to be laught at so he bears with it.

With every sip of the beverage, he can feel the warmness spreading trough his body. He feels a bit weird but that's an interesting kind of feeling, he'd never felt like this before, his head getting pleasantly light.

"Are you okay?" Tao asks sending him worried glance. He's afraid that Baekhyun will get drunk fastly because it's his first time with alcohol. Tao stopped after a glass of beer seeing all of the friends drinking, he wants to take care of Baekhyun in any case.

Said boy giggles in answer, oh no, Tao thinks. "I'm perfectly okay" he sing songs.

"But don't drink anymore. It won't be good for you" the taller one warns taking the glass Baekhyun is holding and putting it away.

"Are you my parent?" he mutters, Tao chuckles at the blunt remark. He hadn't known that side of Baekhyun but he sees he's quite drunk already. "Lets dance now" Baekhyun suggests pulling Tao to the center of the room. He starts to wiggle akwardly what the other finds adorable.

After a while Baekhyun gets more open and literally throws himself at Tao. "Do you know I like you so so much?" he asks. Tao rolls his eyes. He would die of happiness hearing such confession but in current state... Well.

"I know, I like you too."

Baekhyun starts laughing as if he was insane. "Do you only like me?" Tao's face is now red.

"What do you mean?" he asks startled.

"Jongdae says it's something more but I see he isn't right at all" Baekhyun smiles while his eyelids fall down. "You're not into me at all. I don't blame you, honestly no one is" he laughs bitterly. Tao is dazed now, he doesn't know what to say. "Look at Chanyeol, he looks so happy, as if it's his natural environment" he points at said boy after a while. He is dancing in a group of people and laughing loudly clapping his hands like a seal. No one sober would find this adorable but Baekhyun isn't sober so he can't think clearly. Tao tries to hold in a laugh. Baekhyun surely is fun when drunk.

"You!" shorter boy points at Tao. "Stop making fun of me. I trusted you, how could you?"

"I'm not laughing at you, calm down" in a second Baekhyun changes from adorable to fiercious. Probably Tao prefers him sober after all.

"You are! I'm leaving!" he answers turning around and leaves waggling. Tao is left speechless. What have just happened? He decides to go after the boy but someone catches his arm.

"Just ignore him" Jongdae says patting Tao's shoulder. He can stop the plan for a moment. Drunk Baekhyun isn't all that adorable. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before. It happened before and that's why he didn't want to drink" he scratches back of his neck sheepishly and Tao face palms.

"What if something happens?" he is now really mad worried.

"Nothing will happen if he leaves for ten minutes. Let him cool down" Tao still isn't convinced. "I'm his best friend, trust me."

Tao shakes his head with disbelief but gives up. "Okay, but if single hair will fall off his head I'm going to" he sends Jongdae a stare that makes him shiver "talk to you." Jongdae isn't convinced it would be just talking after the look in Tao's eyes. At least he's sure of his feelings for Baekhyun now.

"Yhym" the shorter one clears his throat. "Nothing will happen. Now have fun" and he runs away quickly.





 

"Have you seen Soo?" Chanyeol asks suddenly looking around. He'd been having so much fun he'd lost him somewhere. Maybe he shouldn't have asked him to do that party? Kyungsoo wasn't a party person really.

"I've seen him talking with Luhan just a moment ago. They're keep fussing about the musical" someone helps. "Don't worry Chanyeol, they've probably gone outside for a bit to get some slience."

Probably, that's right. Chanyeol decides that Kyungsoo wouldn't want him to worry now. It's been so long since he last partied. He gets next beer open and continues to dance.

He anyways leaves the building after about half an hour but this time it isn't because of Kyungsoo.





 

Baekhyun leaves the building quietly. He decides to stroll around. As the cool night air hits him he shivers. He should have worn something more. He can't come back now. He remembers what he'd told Tao and feels embarrassed. Blame it on the alcohol in his system but still he'll need to apologize. He shrugs and throws the thought away from his mind. It's easier for him than ever and he decides to sit on the grass and waste some time. It's not like someone's waiting for him inside.

Suddenly he feels so lonely. He's blurred with the beers he'd drinken so he can't remember about his friends. He thinks about Chanyeol instead. Old feelings are coming back.






 

The moment Baekhyun leaves, Tao's party is ruined. After that few weeks he really got used to the boy. They've been together all time. He feels so empty. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. He knows he can't follow Baekhyun out now though. He wouldn't even find him now. Screw it all.






 

Baekhyun starts crying like a baby. He's so miserable now. He feels embarrassed and bad now. He didn't feel like that for a long time, thanks to Tao. And now he's sitting outside in the dark thinking over what he could have done differently with Chanyeol. He feels as such a looser. Thinking about his friend's boyfriend and crying. Such a looser. He sobbs even harder now.

Suddenly he hears someone approaching. He's sure it's Tao. He is always smarter than him and always there to support him when he feels down. Baekhyun looks up to see if that's really him. He freezes.

"Baekhyun?" husky voice asks. It's Chanyeol. He approaches him fastly. "Did something happen? Are you crying?" Baekhyun hides his face.

"It's nothing" he murmurs. "Don't bother yourself" but Chanyeol does against his will. He feels weird need to help the boy. He reminds himself of the dream he had, god it feels so wrong but he can't leave the boy crying alone. He sits in front of him and lowers himself to look the other in the eyes which is hard because he's hidding it.

"Baekhyun" he tells in voice which feels like honey to said boy. "I know we weren't particularly close but I treat you as a friend now. Could you treat me that way too and tell me what's the matter?"

"I can't tell you" he answers face still hidden in his knees.

"Why can't you? I won't tell anyone."

"You will tell one person for sure. And that's the worst person to tell it" Baekhyun doesn't control anymore what he's saying. He prays Chanyeol would leave because he doesn't want to do something he could regret later. Very much.

"If I'm saying I won't, then I really won't" Chanyeol promises. "Now come on" he ruffles Baekhyun's hair encouragingly. The latter looks up finally showing his teary face. He must look really ugly now but he doesn't care.

"Do you really want me to tell this? Will you take the responsibility?" Chanyeol looks a bit shocked but nods. Baekhyun runs hand through his own hair getting it out of his view. "Okay. It's not like you don't know" he inhales slowly. "I love you" Chanyeol's eyes widen and his heart starts beating rapidly. What's going on. Baekhyun's right, it isn't like he hadn't known, why does it feel so weird? "I've been liking you from afar for few years now" his voice breaks. "And now you're Kyungsoo's. Do you know how hard is it?" he's now sobbing againg. Chanyeol doesn't know what to do.

"Baekhyun, I'm sorry I haven't noticed it back then" he starts akwardly but it gives no result in calming Baekhyun down. He reaches to hug the boy. He's so small in his arms. "I'm sorry."

Baekhyun looks up slowly. "Are you? So what? You promised to take responsibility" Chanyeol looks him straight in eyes. The taller's feelings are getting more and more strange and intensive. He forgots about Kyungsoo completely, mind full of the boy from his dream who he's now holding in his arms. He feels so warm and he fits there so wrongly well. As if he belongs there.

"I'm going to take it" he says with dark eyes. Baekhyun shivers. Probably not because of the cool air now. He can't stand Chanyeol's intense stare on him. But, doesn't it look as one of his stupid girly dreams? He looks at the boy trying to remember as much as he can. Even if it's wrong he wants to keep that moment forever.

Suddenly Chanyeol's phone starts buzzing. He reaches to his pocket to take it out but doesn't even look at the screen and throws it away somewhere in the grass. Instead he gets closer to Baekhyun and kisses him. His lips feels just like in the dream, soft and plush. When first shock is away, Baekhyun responds kissing back. They are both so eager and the kiss is full of caged feelings which are now out.

After a while Baekhyun opens his eyes wide and pushes Chanyeol away. What has he done?! He freaks out as the haze of alcohol is suddenly gone. He looks at the other frightened. That can't be! He just has kissed his friend's boyfriend. He looks at the phone buzzing at the grass nearby. The screen reads "Soo <3" Baekhyun gets up rapidly and runs away, seeking the way back to his room. He hopes no one's there now.

Chanyeol doesn't even look after him. He also can't understand what happened. How could he have done it? He reaches the phone and waits until the call ends. Then he sends Kyungsoo message not to worry and that he's coming back soon. Then he looks up into the sky. He's such a bad person.