10.

Prince charming

Baekhyun comes back home and starts practicing intensively right after. He just focuses on the audition forgetting all the rest. He told his parents not to disturb him, so they don't even dare to call him for dinner, hoping the boy would go get something before he starves to death.

He begins with warming up his voice. It goes smoothly but he doesn't want to skip single step in case not to overwork his throat. Then he starts the real practice. He goes through the song over and over getting sure every single note is clear and perfect. There's no place for slightest mistake.

Time flows fastly but finally he feels prepared. He'd managed to sing almost as well as he could dream of. He looks at the clock. God! It's almost eight already. He changes into some random clothes that aren't his worn off sweatsuit, and leaves the house explaining his departure to parents on the way.

After three minutes of walking he sees the familiar house. He hadn't known it's so close. He rings the door bell. Tao opens after just few seconds.

"You've came" he seems a bit flushed. He looks away from Baekhyun. He doesn't dare to notice the clothes he is wearing - sleeveless quite revealing shirt with totally oversized cardigan that keep falling of his shoulder. His messed up hair completes the look. He must have really practiced all the time. Tao gulps. Baekhyun eyes him curiously. "Come on in" Tao tells moving away to let Baekhyun enter.

"Good evening" the shorter boy tells politely thinking Tao's parents would be somewhere near. No one answers, however.

"Actually my parents have just left. They have some kind of meeting with our new neighbours. Kind of bounding" Tao answers, now more confident when he notices Baekhyun's still the same cute polite boy.

"Is that so?" he states rather than asks. Tao nods in response. "So" Baekhyun looks at the taller one titling his head. "Why did you want me to come?"

"Ah, right" Tao is taken out of his daze. "It's nothing much. I just wanted to make you relax a bit. Lets go to the living room" and he leads Baekhyun there. He can feel a nice scent of some food coming out of there and his stomach starts growling violently. He hadn't eaten anything after lunch after all. He hopes Tao doesn't hear it.

The taller turns around to look at Baekhyun. "Hungry?" Asked boy blushes, Tao chuckles at his cutness. "I guess you are. So I've jackpoted" and he opens the door letting Baekhyun enter first. There are some neatly arranged dishes at the table. He can feel his mouth watering.

"Whaa! You've prepared it all by yourself?" he looks at Tao impressed.

"Well, actually my mom helped" he admits sheepishly. Baekhyun starts laughing.

"It's okay. I'm happy for your effort. Thank you" he smiles warmly. "But what's that? Some chinese cuisine?" he asks eyeing dishes curiously.

"Yes. It's really delicious. My favourite. I thought you would like to try it" he points a seat for Baekhyun. "Sit please" and the other gladly does. He's starving.

The boys eat the meal quietly, only contented murmurs of Baekhyun can be heard. After they are done he thanks for the food.

"Tao" he adresses the boy.

"Huh?"

"We've met last week" he pauses for a while. "Why do I feel as if I had known you for years? And how do you know me so well?"

Tao reaches through the table and takes his hand. He squeezes it lightly and smiles. "Right? I thought about it before too. I'm glad we've met"

Baekhyun feels his cheeks heat up a bit but it's nice feeling. They stay like this for a bit, Tao drawing circles on Baekhyun's hand.

"Okay, lets get to the point two now" finally the taller breaks the comfortable slience. Baekhyun sends him amused look.

"There's something else?"

"Um" Chinese replies standing up and helping Baekhyun do so. "Lets go up to my room. It's nothing much. I just prepared few movies for you to choose one to watch" the shorter one beams.

"I love movies! Do you have some kids' movies?" Tao chuckles.

"Kids'?" Baekhyun pouts. "Really you want to watch some animation?"

Baekhyun nods eagerly. Tao laughs reaching to ruffle the other's hair. "Okay, okay. Let me check, I should have something."

They go up and enter Tao's bedroom. It's all neat with quite big tv on the wall, in front of the bed.

"Lay there, if you want to. Get yourself comfortable" Tao turns to Baekhyun pointing at his bed. The latter looks quite uneasy but decides to sit at the corner of it as the other looks for kids' movie for them to watch. He finally finds something and plays it. Baekhyun smiles so happily at him he thinks his heart will burst. He clicks stop on the remote. "Do you fancy some snacks?" Baekhyun nods causing Tao to chuckle at his adorableness. "I'll look for something in kitchen" and he leaves. Baekhyun lays back and smiles like dummy to himself. The best evening from weeks if not months.

Soon Tao is back with tray of snacks and some juice to drink. Baekhyun even notices fruits there.

"Okay, let me just get some chair and we can start" Tao approaches the desk to use a chair standing next to.

"No" Baekhyun says catching Tao's attention. "Come here" he pats a spot next to him on the bed. "I want you to be comfortable" he smiles shyly.

"Are you sure? I'm fine with chair and as you see I'm quite a big man" he laughs.

"We'll be fine. I'm small. Come" Baekhyun feels quite embarassed asking for Tao to come but he feels like he needs him next to himself. He can't quite explain it, he just wants it.

Tao hesitates for a moment but takes his place next to the smaller boy. He smiles at him. Now they are half lying on the bed, backs leaning on Tao's pillow. They keep distance between them, not to let their shoulders touch.

Tao coughs a bit. "So lets start" and he plays the movie. Baekhyun's eyes are automatically glued to the tv. The tense falls and the boys simply watch adventures of some animals.

"Want me to peel you some fruits?" Tao whispers. Baekhyun nods. Soon he is being fed by Tao with neatly peeled apple cut in small pieces. He laughs.

"I'm a teenager, you know" he chuckles. "And you feed me like a baby" Tao pouts at the statement. "Don't pout" Baekhyun continues. "It's actually cute, I guess. I like to be taken care like this" Tao is now smiling widely. He continues feeding the other as they watch. When he's done, he puts everything away and moves closer to Baekhyun.

"Huh?" the latter seems suprised.

"Shush" Tao whispers simply and puts an arm around Baekhyun, just so gently, in friendly manner. The shorter one blushes lightly but doesn't say anything. Tao sends him glances secretly every now and then. He likes to see the other boy so happy and amused watching kids' movie. He's so cute.

Too soon, the movie is over. Tao looks at the clock. It's almost half past ten. He locks eyes with the other taking his arm away.

"I guess I should walk you back now" he says sadly. Baekhyun smiles at him a bit of regret in eyes. He nods.

"I guess. I should get a good night sleep before tomorrow. And you too."

They stand up and slowly walk down. They put on their shoes.

"I can go by myself. It's just few minutes away" Baekhyun states akwardly. Deep inside he wants Tao to walk him home.

The other eyes him. "I want to walk you" he says simply and they leave the house. They walk slowly marveling spiring night. The sky is cloudless and very dark. Almost  black, as city lights make it impossible to see the stars. The comfortable slience surrounds them.

"Do you like starry nights?" Tao asks out of blue.

"Um, I guess. You can barely see stars here. I don't remember when I saw them last time" Baekhyun answers after a while.

"Really?" the other asks suprised. "I loved to stargaze, back in China. It's sad they are invisable there" his voice gets softer.

"Don't worry. On the science lab trip out of town we'll be able to see them" Baekhyun says looking straight in front. Tao smiles to himself.

"We have to" he whispers and they walk again in slience, shoulders brushing from time to time. Soon they are just few metres in front of Baekhyun's house. They stop for a moment.

"Thank you" Baekhyun turns around to face Tao. He looks at him for a moment and smiles shyly. Tao answers with similar behavior. After a while of slience, Baekhyun moves away.

"I'll go back now" he smiles warmly and waves at the other. "See you tomorrow" he turns around after Tao waves back. However, he halts his steps. He knows Tao is still standing in place, wanting to see him leave. Baekhyun turns around and runs back to suprised Chinese.

"Will I be able to really do well?" he asks circling his arms around the taller's waist, hugging him closely, hiding face in his chest. Tao tries hard not to let himself chuckle. He returns the hug. He uses one of his hands to draw soothing patterns at the shorter's back.

"Of course you will" he answers gently. Baekhyun leans into his embrace even more letting his body melt surrounded by Tao's scent. Then he feels something surprising. The other kisses top of his head gently. He feels like he should freak out, but doesn't. His body reacts by relaxing even more and he becomes so happy. Extremely happy. Tao does weird things to him.

"Sleep well now, Baekhyunnie" he says as they part. "Get a lot of rest and remember about your biggest fan" he smiles checkily. Baekhyun chuckles and hits the other playfully.

"You're so cheesy, Taozi" he displays his pinkish tounge. "Sleep well too" and he runs back to his house.

10 minutes later he's already lying in his bed. He reminds himself what has just happened and smiles like a schoolgirl. Why does it remind him of a date so much? It's not like he knows what a date look like but... He waggles his limbs around. "Stop imagining weird things Byun Baekhyun" he whispers to himself. Anyways, now the audition seems so easy to him.



 

Chanyeol wakes up really confused next morning. He reaches at the nighstand to check the time on his phone. 5:07 it reads. He sighs and puts the device away. He covers his face with both hands. He had a very weird dream and it makes him feel guilty.

It was his birthday. He was celebrating it with his friends at his house. There were snacks, birthday cake, some smuggled beer even. Just as his last year's birthday. The one thing was, however, different. There was a small cute boy always by his side. He was much shorter than him, just like Kyungsoo, but it wasn't him. He'd wished him all best and even kissed him. That's where the situation begins to be weird. Chanyeol noticed that the person was his boyfriend.

He remembers everyone congratulating him for having such a good boy. They were smiling together and seemed to be very happy. The boy sung him birthday song. His voice was angelic. He can't forget it. But . It wasn't Kyungsoo! How could he dream such a dream about someone else. What the hell happened?

He was sure he really liked Kyungsoo. Even more than a lot. He was such a good boyfriend, they didn't fight, talked to each other about their anxieties. He also loved how the boy blushed at their yesterday's... activity. Chanyeol felt so loved and loving back then. He wasn't just getting physical pleasure. It was much more for him. Like worshipping their love and getting even closer. If anything, he should definitely be dreaming about yesterday's kisses with Kyungsoo, not some random boy who he couldn't even recognize because he even hadn't seen his face. All he remembers are brown eyes with gentle eyeliner accenting them.

"Aish!" he groans at his stupid thoughts and tries to fall asleep again.



 

The next day, all of the boys meet up at the lunch as usual.

"Why are you so radiating, Baek?" Jongdae teases. He knows something must have happened. Baekhyun wasn't in his usual self.

"I don't know. I'm just having a good day" he smiles looking at Tao.

"Good day? You call it a good day when that... old lady made a surprise test?" Jongdae eyes hin unbelieving.

"What?" he asks, looking back at Jongdae. Said boy rolls his eyes. "You've never cared about your grades anyways."

The boys have a nice chatter during the lunch. Baekhyun really looks so happy that Tao can't keep his eyes from staring at the boy. Unlucky, there's a person who notices it and pouts every now and then.

"What's going up, Yeol?" Kyungsoo asks concerned, squeezing his boyfriend's hand under the table. "You don't look so well, are you sick?"

"What?" Chanyeol seems to be somewhere far away. "I'm okay, Soo" he smiles at his boyfriend squeezing his hand back. "I just didn't sleep well this night."

"Did you have a nightmare?" Sehun butts in.

"Not really. Just some weird dream" Chanyeol fidgets. "But lets leave it alone. Are you guys going to watch the auditions?" he changes the topic smoothly. The boys start talking about the musical. They all agree to come to the audition to support Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.

"I bet there's someone else who Sehun wants to support" Jongdae teases the maknae of the group.

Soon the lunch is over. There's only one lesson after because the students are allowed to leave earlier today to prepare for the audition. With 3 hours of time they decide to go home and come back to school later.

"Hurry, Baek" Tao urges. "We have to catch my sister at home to get your eyeliner" he winks.

Oh no, Baekhyun thinks.

 

~~~~~~
A/N: I had so much fun writing it :)Anyways, you have to wait some more for the audition. Sorry :P Until then, love~