3.

Prince charming

"I think someone's here." Kyungsoo says voice shushed. "What if it's choir teacher? She will kill me for messing out in her classroom." Kyungsoo pouts.

Chanyeol reaches out to squeeze both of his hands. They feel so soft and small against his rough skin. "Hey, who could be there at this hour? There's no choir practice today, Soo, we're alone there." He stands up closing his arms around shorter's back securely. Kyungsoo tip toes to hide his face in crook of his boyfriend's neck as his arms find their way around the taller boy.

They stay like this for a while, just enjoying the moment, before Chanyeol presses his lips to Kyungsoo's cheek lightly whispering against his soft skin with regret "I think I should get going now. I can't miss the practice" he pouts. Shorter boy can barely focus on the meaning of the words feeling Chanyeol's distracting warm breath on his face. "I don't want to leave" taller one winces. Now he's the one hiding his face in Kyungsoo's neck. The other pats him, then gently pushes away. "Go now, or I'll never let you." he smiles, eyes full of affection.


 


 

Baekhyun slowly leaves the school. He puts on his headphones and turns the music loudly. He needs to kick the sound of voices from music room out of his mind.

The weather got a bit colder as clouds covered the Sun almost completely. Wind blows around, moving freshly grown grass and leaves on the trees. Baekhyun glances every now and then at people rushing home to their children and high schoolers hurring to meet their friends at nearby cafes. He tries to imagine what their lifes look like.

Suddenly someone tears him out of his daze tugging at his sleeve.

"Oh, Tao, hi" he says softly taking off the headphones. "Sorry, I haven't heard you" he smiles apologetically.

Tao just smiles shyly. "Yeah, I thought we could walk home together. Since we're neighbours" he almost whispers. Baekhyun nods.

"What were you listening to?" Tao continues.

"Just some music. The piece I'm going to perform at musical auditions" Baekhyun explains.

"Musical? That's cool. May I come to watch you?" dark haired boy's eyes are glimmering. He's really easily amused, the other one thinks. But it feels... nice.

"Well, I don't think I will get any important role, though" the boy smiles bitterly. "It's usually one of the seniors or Kyungsoo to get the spotlight."

"I don't mind. I think even small part is important. It makes you responsible for the show somehow" Tao assures hotly.

"Anyways, you look somewhat sad. Did something happen?" he asks after a short moment.

Baekhyun feels slightly shocked and... touched. His long time friends usually couldn't notice when he was down and just now a boy he's met 2 days ago did. What else will Tao suprise him with? "It's nothing much" he answers with fake smile. "Thanks for worrying, though."

"You can tell me" Tao assures, eyes inquisitive. "Is it about your Prince Charming?"

Shorter boy blushes immediately. "What?!" he bursts out.

Tao shows him his tounge. "I've seen that note, you know" he replies mischievously.

God, this guy! He's put down his guard for a moment and the other starts making fun of him! He shouldn't have forgiven him in the first place. That little vixen, he was just pretending being embarassed and stuff! "Cut that talk unless you want me to never speak to you again" he urges, voice cold.

Tao chuckles "Sorry " he scratches his neck sheepishly "I wanted to cut the tense."

Baekhyun gives him judging look. The boy is blushing again! Not again these tricks. He won't let himself fall again. "Hmph!" he shruggs and speeds his pace leaving Tao behind. Dark haired male chuckles softly again and runs after him. When he gets close enough, he whispers "You're cute" laughing softly.

Baekhyun turned around to send him murderous glance but softened immediately seeing the boy with bright eyes and strands of hair bouncing around his head as he laughts. He feels his cheeks heating up. The shorter boy speeds again to hide his flush muttering under his nose "And who's cute there."

By the time Baekhyun arrives home he feels much better. After countless childish fights he had with Tao on his way, he feels relaxed. He was such a mood maker. Good thing, he'd met him that morning.

 

 

 

The next morning, Baekhyun struggles to get out of his bed. Physical fagitue plus fright that his face will show his true feelings when he'll meet Kyungsoo or Chanyeol doesn't help at all. Finally he reaches the kitchen stumbling a bit and yawning very loudly. "Hun, I've told you not to stay up to learn so long" his mom says worried look on her face. "You aren't sick, I hope, are you?" she puts her hand on the boy's forehead to check if he has a fever.

"I'm okay, mom" he murmurs yawning again. "Just tired, but I'll live."

"Poor little thing" she ruffles his hair. "Eat now, I've prepared pancakes for you."

"Thanks, mom. You're the best" Baekhyun answers a little bit less sleepy as the smell of delicious food reaches his nose.

 

 

 

The day goes on smoothly. Baekhyun doesn't have to face with Kyungsoo or Chanyeol too much. He spends most of time babbling about everything and nothing with his seat mate Tao. "I think you would look great with more edgy look on eyes" dark haired boy say looking at him intently blinking his eyes. "Have you ever tried putting some eyeliner on?"

"Huh?" Baekhyun is a bit suprised. The shy blushing boy talking about make up? He haven't seen him wearing even ounce of it, so how could he know about eyeliners and stuff?

"That's no, I guess?" Tao concludes. "You should really try someday" he humms softly. Suddenly his eyes twinkle. "I know! We have to try it on your audition day!" the boys squeaks excited. "You'll get everyone on their knees then."

"I'm not sure, Tao. Isn't it weird, for a guy, you know?" Baekhyun answers hestitantly.

"Of course it's not!" Tao makes a face on him. "When you'll see yourself bringing out that hot look, you'll be assured it's ok" he laughts. "And when you'll see those guys head-over-heels for you" he winks.

Baekhyun gives up. Maybe it isn't such a bad idea after all?

 

 

 

At the lunch break, Baekhyun takes his usual place next to Jongdae, but having Tao sit at this other side. "I see you're better now" Jongdae points out unbelieving. "That's good." Sehun adds. He found out that he and Tao share embarassing love for girls bands. They are now fighting to decide who's better SNDS (Sehun) or A Pink (Tao).

"How can you not appreciate their cutness! It's undeniable." Tao argues.

"But SNDS's songs are much better! And look at those legs!" Sehun defences his favourite group while Jongdae and Baekhyun face palm slightly.

The break goes by in nice mood, even when Kyungsoo appears with Chanyeol and passes them waving and smiling sweetly, Baekhyun keeps his composture. No one seems to notice a hint of sadness in his eyes. Only Tao has weird unreadable look on his face.

Lessons continues slowly untill the last one ends. Baekhyun packs his books and waits on Tao to do the same thing. When dark haired boy notices, he blushes again. "Oh, sorry. I'm not comming back home now" he looks down. "I've got after classes today."

"Wow, so you've already signed into some?" Baekhyun asks amused. "Such a good student" he teases. "But why haven't you said earlier? What is it? Some team sport? Or maybe book club?" he continues.

Tao looks down "Um" he mutters. "Don't make fun of me, ok?"

Baekhyun's eyes widen. "Make fun? What kind of club is it then? Something nerdy?" he teases again. "Oh, come on. I'll know it eventually anyways."

"Oh, I'm late! Sorry, see you later!" Tao runs out the room. What's going on? Did he really enroll to a nerdy club and is ashamed now? That kid...

Baekhyun decides to follow him. Unfortunelly tall boy has much longer legs than him and has already flew. "Aish" Baekhyun grimaces. He decides to ask class president about the after classes taking place today. "Today...? Hm, I think it's only science lab. And wushu" he answers.

"Wushu?" Baekhyun seems confused.

"You know, that kind of martial arts" he answers. "Sorry, I'm in a bit of hurry. See you later" the boy leaves Baekhyun alone, thinking.

"Wushu? No way. I should check that science lab then" boy thinks to himself leaving classroom.

 

 

 

Baekhyun walks through the empty corridors looking for science lab. Where was it? Somewhere around left wing, he thinks. Hopefully he'll find it before getting totally lost in the huge school. Ah, he remembers now. It's at the second floor, just above the gym. He just needs to go up the stairs and he'll be there. He passes by the gym. Strange shouts and sounds of hitting come to his ears.

"So that's the wushu training" he approaches the gym to look through the crack in the door. He almost shouts when he sees it. Tao moving gracefuly, jumping and wagling his hands around. He looks so cool now! Whaa! Baekhyun can't believe it's the same Tao he knows, sending fiercious glances around the gym, while using his powerful muscles. Short boy squeaks as Tao picks up long stick, probably kind of weapon, and starts spinning it. The boy puts hand on his mouth to muffle sounds comming uncontrollably. Luckily, Tao doesn't seem to notice him, focused on his practise.

Suddenly someone bumps at Baekhyun hidding behind the door. It's P.E. teacher. He's wearing amused expression on his face. "Tao, it seems you have first fan already" he shouts laughing buffly. Tao's eyes strikes up immediately. He looks behind the door to find Baekhyun hidding there. "Hi" he says noticably embarassed.

"Well, hi" Tao's now looking comparatively ashamed. He scratches his neck again.

"Uhm" Baekhyun mutters. "Sorry for spying on you. I was just so curious" he fidgets. "Anyways, you look really cool" he mutters again. "I-I mean doing that wushu thing!" he blushes. Baekhyun, get your together. What's wrong with you.

"Um... thanks. And it's okay, I guess, I should have told you" there's an akward slience between boys. "Well... I have to continue, the practice" he says hesitantly.

"Oh, sure" Baekhyun feels his cheeks on flame. "I'm sorry again, I'll leave. Bye." He turns around. Just as he wants to speed down the stairs, he hears Tao's voice, now more powerful "If you're there, maybe you would like to stay? And watch some? You said that it was cool so..." he bites his lower lip. "Sorry, I'm loosing my words. You're probably bored...-"

"No no no" Baekhyun says hotly "I'd love to watch" he smiles, hint of blush still on his cheeks. Tao opens the door more widely and lets him in. The gym is practically empty with just a heap of sticks and other weird weapon in the corner. Baekhyun spots the teacher again and smiles at him. The coach is still sporting an amused look. "What's that look about?" Baekhyun thinks.

Tao leads him to sit in the corner. "I can get you a chair. There are some in the storeroom"

"No, it's okay!" Baekhyun almost squeaks. What's with his voice today?

"Okay" Tao answers giving him suspicious look. "We'll start the practice then"

And they do. Baekhyun looks like he's enchanted, eyes focused at Tao powerful moves, mouth slightly open. He's never seen something like this. The other boy looking so strong and powerful. Not even slightly reminding the shy person he usually is. The picture stays in Baekhyun mind for a long time today as he walks back home with Tao.

They chatter as usually. Tao behaving like the last day. However, Baekhyun feels a little change in himself. He can quite name it, but he's feeling cosy warmness inside. He smiles. Maybe his life isn't that bad?

 

~~~~~~

A/N: Hi again! I did not plan to update again today, but well it come out like this. I didnt want to leave Baekhyun hurting, kkkk. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I probably wont be updating tommorow or maybe just a shorter chapter. Btw, how are you liking the story so far? And did you enjoy slight baektao? Please subsceibe and comment to let me know! Love.