1.

Prince charming

"Once upon a time, in a big grand caste, there lived a prince charming. Surrounded by fame and welth, loved by his peasants, he'd grown up tallented charming handsome smart athletic eloquent intelligent powerful handsome attractive..."

"Hey! Baek! What are you scribbling over there?" A loud noisy voice breaked the trance Baekhyun was in.

"Get lost, Jongdae. I'm not in mood for your antics."

"Oh come on, pal. Show me what you're doing. Well unless it's not some sissy diary thing."

"It's not! Why are you keep bringing it out? You were supposed to be on my side. Best friend, my ." Baekhyun mutters.

"Ok, ok, sorry Baekie. Now what's that?" Jongdae said reaching through Baekhyuns arm to grab a neatly scribbed piece of paper. "Oh god, even your korean assingment must consist of babbling about Chanyeol? Get your together, man. Can't you see he's now taken. Not to mention by your friend... Plus you've used 'handsome' twice. And he's not athletic at all."

"Not your bussines. And he's not my friend anymore!" Baekhyun snaches the paper back from Jongdae's grasp. "Keep your filthy hands off my Chanyeol."

"Hi guys, whatcha doin'?" Multicoulor haired boy approaches their table.

"Nothing much, Baek's just still lovestruck." Jongdae answers not even looking at him, mouth full, engrossed in the food on his tray again.

"That's gross. You're spiting at me." Baekhyun grimaces.

"Is it about that Chanyeol guy? He seems pretty much preoccupied by Soo. Oh, there they come."

The door of the cafeteria swings open showing two boys. They seem attached to each other. They're holding hands and smiling at each other as they walk through the aisle, unaffected by hundred pairs of eyes looking at them. Pure bliss, you say.

"They look so cute together, don't they?" Jongdae states, rather than asking. Some girls at nearby table can be heard squeaking.

Baekhyun doesn't look up, spoon digging in his meal. Why does Kyungsoo always get what he wants? Best roles in musicals, all solo lines in the choir, his grades aren't outstanding but anyways, all colleges want him because of his brilliant voice. And now he even have the most handsome and the awesomest boyfriend in the school. Baekhyun hates his live.


 

Last bell rings and the corridors get rapidly abandoned while Baekhyun gets to his locker. He unlocks it. The door is all covered in the photos of Chanyeol. Most of them taken from hidding, not creppy at all. Baekhyun sighs. Maybe Jongdae and Sehun are right? Maybe he should give up and stop admiring Chanyeol, even from afar. He was unreachable for someone like Baekhyun. Plain Baekhyun. He locks the door, leaving untouched homework inside. He'll do it tommorow at lunch as usually. He needs to deal with his heartbreak for now.


 

"Baek, wake up, unless you want to be late!" Warm female voice can be heard.

"Yes, mom." The boy answers groggily. He streches his arms and gets off the bed to open the curtains. The warm spring sun streams inside the room. Baekhyun smiles slightly. "Come on! Or your cereals will get soaky, hun!" Again the warm voice.

Baekhyun runs down the stairs to the kitchen. He eats fastly and gets ready for school. He's a bit early so he decides to walk today instead of taking the bus. He says his goodbyes "Don't make any problems, hun!" the voice answers, and he leaves. It's still quite cold and the boys shivers slightly at cold blow of wind.

Suddenly dark haired boy pops out of the corner. He bumps in Baekhyun, pushing him on nearby latern, muttering something about paying attention and leaves not even looking back. "Thank you very much. What an arrogant." Baekhyun shrugs. Anyways, he decides that no one will spoil his mood today. He's now new person, new possibilities in his live. When he reaches school he does bee line to his locker, takes out necessary books and stationary then looks on the photos on the door. "Bye Chanyeol." he says quietly ripping them off. He tosses them to trash bin. Won't be needed anymore.


 

He enters his classroom. It's even noisier than every other day. Something big must have happened. "What's going on?" he asks taking his seat next to Jongdae. "How could you miss that news?! New kid is moving to the school. He's said to be assigned to our class!" Jongdae says under his breath. "You should stop just thinking about Chanyeol, you're missing out a lot of things."

Baekhyun grimaces. "I gave up, okay? Lets leave this topic." he turns in opposite direction. Jongdae sends him inquisitive glance but keeps his mouth shut.

Soon teacher enters and the class gets quiet for a moment. She's not alone Baekhyun notices. She has a dark haired boy standing next to her, fidgeting ever so slighlty. Baekhyun recognizes the guy. It's the one he'd met today morning.

"It's new student, Tao. He's from China but he can speak korean. I hope you will get along well." She says, eyeing the class "Your desk is here, in the front, next to Kyungsoo's." she continues looking at the boy.

"Tao, you say..." Baekhyun mutters. "You know that guy?" Jongdae asks curiously. Baekhyun only smirks. "Quiet please, we'll start our lesson now." teacher takes away a chance to ask Baekhyun about the guy. It can wait until lunch Jongdae sighs thinking.



 

Today's periods go slowly as usual. Baekhyun tries hard not to space out at science class but he falls miserably. His head suddenly feels so heavy and it's so hard to keep his eyes open."Byun Baekhyun, you're spacing out again." cold voice tears him out of daze. "And it isn't the first time. Maybe sitting closer to the blackboard will do. Please swich your seats with Kyungsoo."

Now fully awake Baekhyun glances terrified at Jongdae. The boy looks at him concerned. "But..." Baekhyun winces. "I thought you wanted to pass this term" teacher's voice sends shivers down boys spine. "Yes, Miss" he says picking up his stuff and struggling to seat in the front. It was supposed to be a nice day. And now he's sitting just next to arrogant boy facing scary science teacher. Great, great.

Dark haired boy sends him a weak smile which he pretends not to see. He glances one last time at his former seat, now taken by Kyungsoo, sighing and turns around to catch up with his notes. His life couldn't get much worse, he comforts himself. Well, it doesn't help.
 

Finally, after boring hour, the lesson have finished. Baekhyun fastly puts his notebook to bag. He feels soft touch on his hand. He turns around to face scared Tao. Much taller than him boy looks so shy and vunerable now, slightly blushing. Baekhyun almost forgives him in place, but apology wasn't what the boy intended to say "I'm sorry, you dropped this" boy reaches out hand with piece of paper. Baekhyun quickly grabs it. Tao looks at the sheet curiously. "Once upon the time..." it reads. Baekhyun's eyes widen in utter fright. Oh, no, why did he have to drop particulary THAT paper. "Aish" he cries. "What are you looking at?!" He hides the paper in front pocket of uniform and leaves the class quickly. "Sorry" Tao utters to Baekhyun's back bitting his bottom lip.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun almost runs to the restroom. He looks in the mirror hanging next to sinks "Such an embarassment" he whispers looking at his reflection. "Hopefully new kid doesn't know Chanyeol yet. And maybe he didn't read it." He shakes his head "No, no, no, he definitely did. Look at these nosy eyes. He won't trick me with that aegyo" Baekhyun mutters imagining the boy's face.

"Whose aegyo?" Baekhyun almost jumps turning around shocked.

"Jongdae! Don't scare me like that! I thought it was the new kid" he winces.

"So you were just babbling about his aegyo!" Jongdae points out, victorious smile on his face.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about" Baekhyun shrugs leaving the restroom, heading to cafeteria. Jongdae sighs and follows him out.


 

As they enter, the cafeteria is already full with students. They fastly spot Sehun sitting at their usual table. The boy has his head down and picks at his food. He looks unlikely embarassed, maybe even shy? "Weird" Baekhyun thinks. Walking in his direction, they see some freshmen pointing at Sehun and whispering "Have you seen that? Luhan, that cute senior, was waiting for him in front of the class!" Another excited voice adds "I've heard they are a thing now!" "No way! Why would he date a freshmen?" Voices shushes as Baekhyun and Jongdae sends them cold glare.

The boys sit quickly at both sides of Sehun. "What's going on, pal? Who's Luhan?" Jongdae asks directly.

"Oh, you're so gentle." Baekhyun mutters.

"He's just my hyung, you know. He heard I have problems with mandarin and offered to tutor me." Sehun answers scratching back of his neck sheepishly.

"Offered himself? Isn't he a senior? Shouldn't he be busy studing for entrance exams?" Jongdae humms. "Something seems off."

Sehun seems a bit flushed.

"Isn't he trying to ask you out?"

"No. Surely not." Sehun blushes even more. "He's just being nice, I guess..." Jongdae looks at him, eyes full of disbelief. "Come on, don't be so shy, we'll take care of our cute dongsaeng" Baekhyun adds ruffling Sehun's hair.

"Leave Sehunnie alone." Jongdae hugs the youngest protectively. "Better say what's with that Tao guy."

"Who's that?" Sehun asks, forgetting about his blush.

Baekhyun tells them whole story, wincing and growling every now and then.

Their talk is however, disturbed by Kyungsoo dragging somebody to their table.

"Hi, guys! Tao, meet Sehun. You know the rest, right?" Kyungsoo points at the boys. Tao nods. Kyungsoo takes his spot beside Jongdae and tells Baekhyun to move and make space for Tao.

"Nice to meet you" Sehun smiles as an outgoing guy he is. "I've heard a lot about you" he snickers until Baekhyun kicks him under the table. That evil maknae. Tao gives him shocked look "Nice to meet you too." He shifts his look to Baekhyun who stands up excusing himself for a moment "Soo, where's your boyfriend? Come to restroom with me, maybe we'll find him on way."

"He's a match tod-" he stops as Baekhyun sends him glare. "What are we waiting for? Lets go, sorry guys" he sing-songs changing his tone totally as they leave.

"I guess Baekhyun won't like me that easily..." Tao says sadly. "Is he usually so cold to strangers?" he asks, eyes full of hope.

"Well, he's usually friendly but when someone gives him bad first impression, things get really ugly." Jongdae answers honesty.

"You mean I don't give of a good first impression?" Tao shrugs. "That's not very nice." He pouts.

"That's not what he means." Sehun struggles. "Just you know, that bumping thing. He's crazy about you not apologizing." He explains.




 

"Why are you bringing him to our table? Anyways I thought you abandoned us. For your boyfriend." Baekhyun says as they enter restroom. Again.

"I didn't abandon you. You know, I was just helping Chanyeol last week. Don't be jealous, pal." Baekhyun rolls his eyes turning on the tap and squeezing some soap on his hands, he'll at least make use of these constant visits in the bathroom "And Tao is new here, why you don't like him? That's our classmate, we should take care of him. Besides you even share desk with him" Kyungsoo defends himself joining Baekhyun next to sink.

"He bumped into me this morning! And still haven't apologized. What a guy! And don't say 'pal', that's for grannies." Baekhyun says drying his hands with paper towel.

"What? You know him?" Kyungsoo eyes Baekhyun curiously shaking of the water of his hands.

"I've just met him this morning. That wasn't a really good begging."

"Don't be such a dork, Baek. Let him live. He looks so vunerable" Kyungsoo points out. "Jongdae says 'pal' by the way." He continues as they head back.

"It's only for grannies and Jongdae. Do you want to be somebody like him?" the boys share knowing glances. "You're so mean." Kyungsoo mutters.




 

"Bumping thing?" Tao thinks hard. "So he was the guy that morning!" he shouts like he discovered new physical phenomenon.

Jongdae face palms. What a bad timing. He can see Baekhyun and Kyungsoo approaching. From Baekhyun's face he can tell the boy heard Tao's yell. Oh god, they've just entered war. He doesn't want to watch this. "Lunch break is almost over. Tao, what you have next?" he asks picking up Tao's timetable. "Math! Me also. Lets get going now." He sends knowing glance to Sehun "Latter." he says to him dragging shocked Tao out the cafeteria.

"What a little thing! I'll get him now or later" Baekhyun growls as he gets back to his seat still eyeing leaving boys.