Chapter 29

Nobody But Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyoyeon was nervous.

Doing something like this was a first and she had to get advice from Yuri who sneaked her way into Yoona's graduation as well as Tiffany who had sneaked her way to one of Taeyeon's fanmeets without getting caught too. She needed to get some advice from the experts or else she wouldn't be able to carry out her plan smoothly. They had both given her similar pieces of advice though, which was to remain low-key at all times no matter how beautiful her girlfriend looked and how much she wanted to cheer. 

 

hyoyeon_gg:

what if she finds out

omg

I think I don’t want to do this

 

taeyeon_ss:

oh shut up

 

yulyulk:

and we’ll have to hear you whine about it

no thanks

 

seo_juhyun:

^ so true

 

hyoyeon_gg:

you’re supposed to be on my side seo

😕😭

 

yoona_lim:

it's time to man up unnie

 

hyoyeon_gg:

yah i am a woman ok

don't be rude 

 

hotsootuff:

pls you're flat enough to be a man

don't deny it

 

xolovestephi:

HD TV!!!

 

hyoyeon_gg:

shut up sy

you look like a camel

 

yulyulk:

her s are backwards?

 

515sunnyday:

no you

 

yoona_lim:

ANYWAY UNNIE

just go for it

do it as planned & dont you dare back out

 

hyoyeon_gg:

yes boss

 

Although her members were a pain in the most of the time, Hyoyeon couldn't ask for anyone more irritating yet caring simultaneously. She would never forget how much they helped her all the time; they were the ones who made sure she wasn't stupid enough to let Jessica go even after what happened with her and that stupid man. Honestly if it wasn't for them, Jessica wouldn't be able to persuade Hyoyeon to stay strong a little longer so they wouldn't have to withstand all this uncertainty in their relationship. 

“Are you ready, Hyoyeon?”

“I’m so nervous, I’m about to pass out.”

Even their manager couldn’t help but laugh, seeing Hyoyeon so nervous for the first time; she doesn’t even get nervous when she goes on stage but here she was, being so jumpy. Hyoyeon was a very unpredictable person, almost like Yuri - most likely because they were both of AB blood so they were similar in terms of their character. The two of them didn't get nervous on stage but when they were with their other half, it was so so different that it was unbelievable. 

Hyoyeon wasn't about to give up though; she put on her cap and mask before carrying her paper bag of items she was planning to give away. She was tired from all the travelling to New York but it was worth it, knowing that they were about to receive some good news soon. Jessica was in New York and she was going to hold a fanmeet today so Hyoyeon had to use her name as a Girls' Generation member to squeeze into last-minute flights. 

“Good luck, you choding.”

“Thanks, Oppa!”

That being said, Hyoyeon quickly left the car and jogged to the place where Jessica was supposedly having a fanmeet. She went to the restroom first, making sure her appearance was full proof so she wouldn’t have to worry about people finding out. Apart from the fact that it was unreasonably empty, Hyoyeon could only think that everyone was at the fansigning venue already. She gave herself one last pat on the cheek to loosen her nerves before taking a deep breath, praying that everything would go smoothly. 

Hyoyeon was going to do it. 

 

Hyoyeon’s manager sat in the van alone, waiting for the valet  to come get him when he saw Hyoyeon’s phone in the backseat with a flashing caller ID. He furrowed his eyebrows; Hyoyeon was so forgetful sometimes. There were already six missed calls and he didn’t know whether to pick up but when Taeyeon called next, he didn’t hesitate. The members didn't call when they were overseas because of the extra amount they had to pay, which was pretty stupid if you ask. 

“Taeyeon?”

“Oh, Manager-oppa! Where’s Hyoyeon?”

The tone Taeyeon was using was quite unstable and he didn’t know if it was a good or bad thing.

“She went in to the venue already. What’s wrong?”

“IT’S NOT TODAY!”

 

Oh my God, Kim Hyoyeon…

 

 

Jessica was in the midst of enjoying her bubble bath with a glass of white wine in her hand, the other holding her phone in case anyone called her. She was a little annoyed that her girlfriend hasn’t called once but she knew how dense Hyoyeon could be too, so it wasn’t surprising that she didn’t call. She laid her head against the headrest behind her and continued to wait patiently, hoping Hyoyeon would call before she fell asleep.

“Yah, Unnie! Hurry your up!”

“Don’t be a brat, Soojung.”

Krystal pouted outside the bathroom; she didn't even want to come for the fanmeet with her sister but Amber persuaded her to go just in case Jessica got lonely. She had expected her girlfriend to whine and make sure Krystal stayed in Korea with her but Amber had reacted the complete opposite of her expectations. Groaning at her lazy bum of a sister, Krystal jumped onto the bed and her laptop; her girlfriend was still busy with her schedules so she'd check before starting a video call.

Amber took her schedules very seriously now, especially since SM Entertainment was neglecting them.

“Baby!”

“Hi, Soojung…”

Krystal felt a little guilty for calling at this time, clearly disturbing Amber’s sleep with that messy bed hair and bare face. She caressed the screen gently and sent Amber a bright smile, successfully earning a cute wink from her sleepy girlfriend on the other side. Amber missed Krystal as much as the latter missed her but she didn’t want to make it worse by regretting her choice to let Krystal go with Jessica. Furthermore, sisters were supposed to come before girlfriends. 

“Have you been behaving, Amber Liu?” Krystal narrowed her eyes, “are you fooling around with someone else?”

Amber rolled her eyes and buried her face into the pillow, knowing her girlfriend was simply turning into her ice princess mode where everyone was cheating on her. She stared into the camera for a little while longer, waiting for Krystal to take back her words with a pout – her girlfriend was so predictable. She was about to open to say something when Krystal started pouting; it was her cue to wait for her baby to apologise for spouting nonsense. 

“I didn’t mean that, Am.”

“I know.”

Krystal giggled at her girlfriend's response, knowing Amber could never get angry with her when they were apart like this. She was thankful to have had such an understanding person like the older in her life, considering that Amber knew when to pull back and give Krystal a breather most of the time. She hugged a pillow closer to her and stared into the screen, unable to stop herself from blushing at the gaze Amber was giving her; it was so intense, so attractive.

“JUNG SOOJUNG!!!!!!”

Jessica came running out of the bathroom in a bathrobe, holding onto her phone in one hand as she tried to look for her car keys. She had a car here just in case and it was coming into good use now. “Jung Soojung! Get me my car keys now or else I won't let you talk to Amber as long as we're here!” Jessica was freaking irritated and Krystal wasn’t going to make it worse; she got her up and tossed her car keys over to her sister before Jessica got angry.

“Goddammit, Hyoyeon…”

Many girlfriends loved receiving surprises but if this was the kind of surprise she would receive all the time, Jessica would rather not have any. 

Jessica got into the car and sighed, mumbling more incoherent words to herself. She was about to call their manager when she saw a couple of messages in the group chat between the nine of them.

 

yulyulk:

where is that dumbo

like for real

 

xolovestephi:

HOW CAN SHE GET THE DATES WRONG

 

seo_juhyun:

my poor Hyoyeon-unnie....

 

jessica.jsy:

what do you mean MY POOR HYOYEON UNNIE

your unnie is mine joohyun

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter