Chapter 22

Nobody But Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Junsu-oppa?”

Sooyoung let go of Sunny’s waist immediately, her eyes widening in disbelief at the figure standing in front of them. She thought she had seen the last of him ever since Yoona and the others went over to their house. Sunny too had frozen in her stride, her hand still glued to the doorknob as she stared at the man – how did he even hear about this gathering? They didn’t invite 2PM over mainly because of Yuri and Yoona.

Junsu cracked a weak smile, “not going to give me a hug, Sunkyu? Sooyoung?”

The two women sighed and welcomed him in; no matter how awkward this entire situation was, they couldn’t deny that he was the best boyfriend ever – in fact, he was more worthy of Yuri than Yuri was of him. Junsu was unfortunately not meant to be with Yuri, but it was also clear to all that he never moved on from her - a tragic event indeed.

Just as Tiffany had suddenly recalled before she came downstairs, she was also completely flabbergasted at Junsu’s surprise appearance; it was bad enough with both Minho and Luhan here but with the addition of an ex-boyfriend… she could only imagine Yoona’s rage. Yoona did not handle jealousy or anger well, because it was very out of her character and she didn’t like those emotions.

“Fany, where’s Yuri?” Junsu asked after greeting everyone else. Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows and grabbed hold of Junsu’s arms as she dragged him upstairs and stood at the balcony, “what are you doing here, Oppa? You asked me if she had plans and I told you. I specifically said not to come here!”

Junsu missed Yuri so much, and he couldn’t stop himself from coming here even though Tiffany warned him not to. Yuri had been doing wonderfully in her relationship with Yoona and Tiffany said – no, she swore she wouldn’t let anyone jeopardize their relationship. Junsu was a nice guy and all, but if he did anything against her watch, Tiffany was going to murder him on her own and it wouldn’t matter if he had been a good boyfriend to Yuri or not.

“Fan-- Junsu-oppa?” Yoona faintly whispered, feeling herself start to see stars circling her head, “what brings you here tonight?”

The weak tone Yoona used was enough to tell Junsu that she was already getting insecure, and he shook his head; that was not his purpose in coming here tonight. He just felt an overwhelming urge to see Yuri; it was not something he planned and he could swear it. He knew when to admit a defeat and he already did; Yoona had been the one Yuri truly fell in love with and it was obvious. 

“I can promise you that this is definitely not what I aimed for when I decided to come, Yoona,” Junsu said, turning around to face Yoona with an apologetic smile, “I just needed to see her so badly… I promise I didn’t come here to win her back, I… I just felt this urge.”

Even though Yoona felt as if her heart was about to pound out of her chest anytime now, she could understand what Junsu was feeling. Back when she had been training immensely for their weekly talent check, she also had sudden urges to have Yuri by her side even though they weren’t even considered close enough to be best friends yet. To deny Junsu of that right… Yoona wasn’t cruel, neither was she heartless.

“She’s in the kitchen.”

Though there were multiple groups in the living room at this moment, some of the Girls’ Generation members were huddled together near the staircase; some discussing about Minho and Luhan and the others trying to make sure those two guys weren’t harbouring delusional thoughts about their black pearl. It had been difficult enough with Seunggi being in the picture but now with the addition of two admirers and one ex, it was going to be WWIII.

“Are you serious? How come we’ve never noticed?” Hyoyeon bellowed in shock, “you know we’re always the first to sense these things!”

 

“Noona…”

Yuri turned around and found the male version of a cute deer standing behind her; she patted his head and smiled, “hello, Lulu. Are you looking for something in here?”

Luhan felt himself fall a little more after seeing Yuri’s smile; her pearly whites shone as brightly as her eyes did. Yuri was a charismatic woman who looked upon EXO like younger brothers even before their debut and it hurt them greatly to know that the girls wouldn’t get close to them because of their fans – it was like losing beautiful, loving sisters that showered them with support and affection behind the scenes.

“Luhan!”

“W-What?”

Yuri chuckled and turned back to the stove as she checked on the stew that was brewing, “what are you dreaming about, Lulu? You didn’t even hear me when I called you.” Luhan blushed a little and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, hoping he didn’t embarrass himself too much in front of the woman of his life - or rather, the love of his life. 

“I just wanted to ask if you were free tomorrow morning.”

“No, she’s not.”

Both of them turned to the source of the voice and Yuri’s jaw fell the moment she saw who it was; she was so appalled at how the mere appearance of her ex-boyfriend was enough to make her speechless. The actual reason why she was this taken aback was because Junsu looked like a wreck; he had lost weight and he was starting to grow a beard – how could such a charming man look so forlorn?

“J-Junsu…”

Luhan couldn’t even bring himself to say anything else; Junsu was acting as if he owned Yuri and there was nothing more to be said, not when Yuri herself was stunned by his appearance. It didn’t require a genius to work out the math with the way they stared at each other, it was obvious these two had a past together. It killed Luhan multiple times, knowing that Yuri had been with Junsu and now she was with Yoona.

“Baby!”

At the sound of Yoona’s voice, both men were left in the kitchen as Yuri literally bounced out of the kitchen to look for her precious fiancée. Yuri had never looked so l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter