Chapter 21

Nobody But Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri rested her face against her palm, staring at her beautiful partner next to her. She had the original intention of marrying Yoona directly but it was also a good idea to get engaged before getting wed; Yoona's words always made more sense. That being said, Yuri agreed to get engaged and now they were both at ROM - with all their members as their witnesses. 

“Yuri…” Yoona nudged her dreamy girlfriend with a pout, “he’s trying to get you to sign this. Can you please stop staring at me for one moment?”

The members snickered at Yuri’s puppy eyes and felt an unexplainable warmth wrap around their hearts almost instantly; Yuri looked exactly like a lovesick fool and it made them wish their relationship would be this amazing as well. Although Hyoyeon and Jessica, Taeyeon and Tiffany, and now Sooyoung was together with Sunny; they still wondered if they could ever withstand obstacles as difficult as the ones Yuri and Yoona had gone through.

“Right,” Yuri turned to the front and grabbed the pen, signing at the corner of the certificate, “there.” 

Yoona wanted to smack her own forehead; Yuri just signed the certificate without even reading though the paper. She knew that her outfit might be a little over the top today but she wanted to look amazing enough to keep Yuri's eyes on her; not that Yuri ever had drifting eyes but just to be safe. Her heart calmed a little; the way Yuri was looking at her was enough to make her melt. 

“We’re done! Let’s go, Yoong!”

No one had time to react as Yuri practically leaped out of her seat and dragged Yoona along with her, busting out of the doors. Yoona looked as if she was trying to swat Yuri’s hand off but only God knew how hard she tried to break free – perhaps she didn’t even want to be free from her lover. The girls approached the man sitting at the table, obviously still in shock at how fast the entire event had gone.

Taeyeon smiled awkwardly and stretched out a hand to shake the minister's hand, “Thank you so much for doing this and I’m sorry it had to be so last minute.”  

Tiffany merely wrapped her arms around Taeyeon's waist from the back and nuzzled her nose against her milky column, flashing a grateful smile at the minister as well. Jessica and Seohyun had to take the most credit for this engagement, honestly; they were the ones who found this minister and made sure he would be able to keep his mouth shut about their members getting engaged. 

“It’s my pleasure. I mean, how often does one get to see members of the entertainment industry spending their lives together off their own accord these days?”

True. 

The entertainment industry was a ; idols couldn't even socialize without getting hurt by anti-fans or just bandwagon haters. It was a miracle in itself that no one was aware of the relationship amongst the members up till now; Taeyeon planned on keeping it that way for as long as possible - they were old enough to chase after happiness after slogging their asses off for S.M Entertainment anyway.

“Yah! Let go of me!”

Yuri rolled her eyes at Yoona’s weak struggling and dragged the younger one into an alley nearby; she pinned Yoona against the brick wall and hid her smirk when she saw Yoona shudder nervously. “Baby, all I wanted was for us to be on time for the movie later…” Yuri whispered, her lips going down to Yoona’s neck as they scouted for her weak point once again. 

Yoona's hands flew to Yuri's raven tresses, pushing her girlfriend's face closer to her neck, “mmm…  w-why do y-you have to be so d-damn good w-with your mouth?”

A chuckle left Yuri's lips and she took Yoona's hands into her own, shoving them into her coat pocket for warmth; if she continued on with her ministrations, they would be at a big risk of getting exposed to the public. Yoona blushed and leaned her head against Yuri's shoulder, snuggling into the warmth she loved. Yuri's arms around her always got her feeling some way.

Yuri was about to say something when her phone vibrated against her , “wait, I think they’re calling.” Yoona calmly let go of Yuri's hands and held her girlfriend's waist tenderly, shutting her eyes as she snuggled against the crook of Yuri's neck. 

“Yes, Joohyun?”

“Where are you, Unnie?” Seohyun asked, smiling at her other members who were impatiently waiting for them to re-appear, “Taeyeon-unnie’s waiting for you to take your duffel bag from her so she can go on a date with Fany-unnie.”

Smacking her forehead, Yuri wondered why she bothered to bring a change of clothes for themselves when Yoona looked this good in her dress. If Yuri knew Yoona was going to wear such a pretty gown for their registration, she would have just left the duffel bag at home. Perhaps she would do just that, Yuri thought – she would be able to see Yoona in that beautiful dress even longer.

“Can you bring it home for me?” Yuri asked softly, her hand mindlessly running along the arch of Yoona’s back. “I think I’m going to bring Yoona straight for the movie instead.”

There was no response heard afterward; or maybe Yuri was too busy thinking of Yoona that she blocked out all unnecessary sound. Yoona, on the other hand, was so comfortable in that hug that she didn't want to let go - Yuri possessed such a capability to make her go wild without doing anything. 

It was Yoona’s turn to feel her phone vibrate and she shuddered in Yuri’s arms; it couldn’t be her members because they had already called Yuri, it couldn’t be her staff members or colleagues because they weren’t given her personal number, her sister wouldn’t call her since she was on her honeymoon. The only other possibility was… her father – the widely-feared Mr Im.

She knew Yuri was staring at her worriedly; Mr Im was a clear homophobe and her members were aware of it. Yuri grabbed hold of Yoona’s hand and enveloped it in her own – comfort was better than anything else. Yoona flashed a thankful smile to her fiancé and let Yuri turn her around, giving her a back hug.

“H-Hello?”  

“Yoona? I want you back home this instant.”  

“B-But, Appa… I can’t make it tonight.” Yoona lied smoothly and glared at Yuri to make the latter shut up. Yuri was not a good liar but it doesn’t mean that telling the truth at this instant was best for them. She held onto the phone with both hands, “I need to do something with my members

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter