Chapter 24

Nobody But Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona stood at the stove, her mind completely broken down as she thought of the conversation between Yuri and Tiffany last night. She knew it wasn't Junsu's intention to cause trouble between the two of them, but it did affect Yuri and for that, Yoona didn't fancy the idea of him ever coming here again. She rested her palms on the counter top, trying to block out the echoing voices in her head. 

“Yoong?” Tiffany ruffled her hair sleepily, rubbing her eyes with her free hand, “what are you cooking?”

No response came from the younger.

Tiffany frowned and stood beside Yoona, “Yoong?” Tiffany still couldn’t find any sign of Yoona paying any attention to her – there was something wrong with the younger one. Tiffany patted Yoona’s arm and noticed the dazed look in Yoona’s eyes, “Yoong, what’s wrong?” Yoona shook her head and forced a smile; knowing that whatever she told Tiffany would be conveyed to Yuri and her girlfriend was going to get scolded real badly.

Yuri shouldn't be getting scolded for something that wasn't her fault.

“Yoona…”

“It's nothing, Unnie. I’m fine, really.”

Tiffany was sure that Yoona had heard the conversation she had with Yuri last night; Yoona was defensive of her emotions but not of problems she had so if she was hiding something now, it had to be something to do with Yuri – neither she nor Yuri had enough interaction to cause a conflict, so it was most likely their conversation about Junsu that had set her off. Yoona had gone through so much to win Yuri back… Tiffany prayed that this wouldn’t scare her off.

Yuri didn’t seem to notice anything wrong because she came walking into the kitchen as if there was nothing wrong, “good morning, girls. Good morning, baby.” Yuri frowned a little when she didn’t receive her usual kiss from her precious girlfriend; Yoona always remembered to greet her with loads of affection in the morning. Yuri couldn't think of any reason as to why Yoona would be cold this morning - this was a mystery to be solved, it seemed.

“Yoong?”

“I’m going to take a shower.”

Yuri turned to Tiffany with a questioning look and was responded with another blank look; what in the world was running through Yoona's mind?  

Before either of them could say or do anything about it, the sounds of pounding on the door echoed.

“I’ll get it.”

Tiffany didn’t want to since she had a keen idea of who it was behind that door, but she knew she had to talk it out with Taeyeon soon anyway; it hadn’t slipped her mind that Taeyeon was indeed intoxicated when the unfortunate incident occurred. Tiffany stopped in front of the door and shook her head a few times, desperately reminding herself to be strong and not give in so damn easily – Taeyeon still made a mistake after all.

“Fany!”

“Soo?”

Sooyoung didn’t even bother to do anything else, simply giving Tiffany a kiss on the cheek before Seohyun and Jessica followed behind. As to why they were here instead of the guilty one, Tiffany had no idea and she didn’t know if she wanted to find out – they always had some sort of weird ideas when they came unexpectedly. 

Tiffany could tell from Jessica's expression that she was not happy about something, and it worried her deeply - Jessica wouldn't come when she wasn't in a good mood since it was out of habit to keep to herself to minimize any friction between them. While people like Sunny and Yuri could hold themselves together under anger, Jessica couldn't and she knew it - so did all of them. 

“Sica?” Tiffany mumbled, sitting beside Jessica on the sofa, “are you feeling okay?”

“No.”

Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows and threw a cushion at Jessica, warning her to behave or this mess would only grow bigger without any sign of resolution. Jessica had every right to get angry, especially since she was first-hand involved the first time Taeyeon had done something in a drunken fit; this time, however, it involved Tiffany and not her. 

Leave it to Seohyun to break the tension.

“Yul-unnie…” Seohyun whined cutely and wrapped her arms around Yuri’s waist from the back, “what are you making for breakfast?”

Yuri merely smiled and let Seohyun peek over her shoulder; at least she could stop thinking about Yoona’s problems for a moment – not that she didn’t want to know what was bothering her fiancée; it was the fact that she couldn’t figure out a reason behind it. She hadn’t done anything wrong so far that could make Yoona overthink to the point where she avoided them; Yoona needed to know how much Yuri loved her.

“Where’s Yoona-unnie?”

“She… She’s upstairs.”

 

Don’t tell me there’s a problem between Yoona-unnie and Yuri-unnie?

 

Seohyun could tell there was something different about the tone Yuri was using; usually, Yuri’s gaze would be filled with love and the way she talked about Yoona would be filled with adoration. She sighed, patting Yuri’s shoulder with a firm nod; Tiffany and Taeyeon’s problem was bigger and would probably need all the help they could get but for now, she could handle Yoona and Yuri’s.

Knock, knock.

“Yoona-unnie?”

“Seohyun?”

Pushing the door open gently, Seohyun braced herself for the sight that greeted her – Yoona looked like a mess too. Yoona had puffy eyes and her nose was as red as a reindeer's; God knows how long Yoona has been crying to herself. Seohyun felt her heart go out to the doe-eyed woman; Yoona's habit of hiding her own feelings would only do her more harm. 

“Yoona-unnie…” Seohyun whispered, sitting beside Yoona on the bed as she held Yoona’s hand in hers, “tell me what’s wrong and why you’re crying so I can help you.”

A couple of sniffles left Yoona; the older being appreciative of their precious maknae trying to help amid other bigger problems. Seohyun has always been a good listener to anyone, and that’s why they loved her more than anything else – she was their diplomatic, smart baby. Furthermore, Yoona was affirmative that Seohyun wouldn’t let this one go till Yoona gave her a believable story that could lead to her being a mess.

“I… I overheard Fany-unnie talking to Yuri about Junsu-oppa; and I d-don’t know, I feel s-so horrible about i-it! I s-stole her from h-him and h-he’s still in l-love with her…”

No matter how they looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter