Chapter 13

Nobody But Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After sending that message, Sunny cursed to herself. She didn't even know what she was going to talk about, why did she even suggest that? She suggested it on impulse, she just missed Sooyoung too much for her own good. 

 

To: Queen Of Buns  

What's there to talk about, Sunny-ah? You haven't spoken to me in ages and I don't know what to say. I don't want things to become even more awkward between us. 

From: Shikshin 

 

Sunny admitted that she was indeed at fault for avoiding Sooyoung all the time but Sooyoung shouldn't have led her on the way she did either. 

' You have no idea how much I miss you, Choi Sooyoung.... ' Sunny thought, holding onto her phone which had a picture of Sooyoung as her wallpaper.

 

To: Shikshin 

I promise it won't be anymore. I just need to say something to you and we can call it a night after that. 

From: Queen Of Buns  

 

Sooyoung grabbed her phone tightly in her hands and hopped off the bed, opening her room door. She missed Sunny, and she wasn't going to let this chance to patch things up slip away. 

 

 

“Hey.”

“Hi.”

Short greetings couldn't be helped since both girls were feeling the aura of awkward. Sooyoung in particular, was biting her finger nails instead of any food. Sunny wanted to laugh but it would just ruin her intention to finally trash things out with the younger girl. 

“You can always get some food if you're hungry.” Sunny reminded, turning on the TV. Sooyoung beamed quietly and sped to the kitchen, making Sunny giggle mentally. 

The effect Sooyoung had on her had never gone even when they were in a cold war. Sunny always felt her heart pump harder against her ribs when Sooyoung was around no matter how hard it was to stop it. 

“Anyway, what is it you want to say?” Sooyoung came back with two glasses of milk, offering one to the girl. Sunny flashed a small smile and took the glass of warm milk into her hands, thanking the shikshin since she was about to freeze, “thanks, Sooyoung.”

There was so much to be said, but she didn't know where to begin. Starting from the beginning would be ideal but it would take ages before they finally got things ironed out. Sunny didn't know when or who said anything first because before she knew it, Sooyoung had enveloped her in her arms. 

“I missed you too....”

Sunny's eye brows furrowed at Sooyoung's statement. It was only then she realised that she had, in fact admitted the fact that she missed the younger girl first. 

The two stayed in their embrace for some time, enjoying the warmth they had to give up because of their pride. Sunny knew that she needed Sooyoung more than the girl needed her and she wasn't scared to show it, she knew it was a fact and that nothing would change that. 

“I'm sorry for everything I did to you. Leading you on wasn't my intention, I just didn't know what to do when I realised. I was afraid.” Sooyoung murmured softly, breaking the hug. 

Although albeit disappointed at the loss of warmth, Sunny watched Sooyoung sincerely. She was thankful that Sooyoung was being truthful with her and she didn't want to ruin the atmosphere right now. Hearing the word scared come out of Sooyoung’s mouth made her worried. 

“Scared? Why, Youngie?” Sunny whispered, lifting both hands to cup Sooyoung's face. Sooyoung's eyes widened in shock, tears starting to roll down from the corner of her eyes. “It's b-been.... It's been so long since you've cal-called me that…” Sooyoung forced out her words, holding Sunny's hands on her face. 

Sunny could feel her heart banging against her chest, she didn't expect her actions to hurt Sooyoung so much. She couldn't resist bringing Sooyoung into her arms once more, letting the younger girl cry against her shoulder. She ran her fingers through the long, soft locks she loved, rubbing Sooyoung's back. 

“Why are you scared though? Please tell me...”

Sooyoung took several deep breaths, trying to calm herself down first. “I know... I know how South Korea is very conservative and... and same- relationships are prejudiced against... I was afraid... I was afraid that you would get hurt and so would I...”

The shorter girl knew where this was going for she had thought of this before too. 

“I convinced myself to find someone else and expectantly... I started to have slight feelings for him as well... but every time I see your pained expression, I kill myself inside again and again.”

It was a shocking revelation for both of them. The words that Sooyoung thought she would never be able to confess because it seemed like Sunny harboured a deep hatred for her then. While for Sunny, she felt like a basin of water was just thrown on her face.

Everything seemed to be more refreshing and the view always looked better. 

“Shh.... I'm sorry.” Sunny whispered, breath tickling Sooyoung's ear. Sooyoung had never felt more at ease in Sunny's embrace. She's been wanting to know how to make it up to Sunny for quite some time now. “I'm sorry, Sunny... I'm really, really sorry...” Sooyoung whimpered into the older girl's neck. 

And unbeknownst to the two girls hugging on the sofa, there were 7 pairs of teary eyes watching them from the back with huge, beaming smiles. 

 

-

 

“Breakfast's ready!” Taeyeon called out, holding a couple of plates with both arms. Tiffany giggled at her girlfriend's enthusiasm early in the morning. Being the best maknae she was, Seohyun quickly got up from the sofa and helped Taeyeon with the cutlery. 

Hyoyeon was sitting on the floor, running her fingers through Yuri's hair. Yuri woke up the earliest among the girls and she stayed in the living room since she couldn't go back to sleep. Hyoyeon was the next to awake so she joined Yuri downstairs. What was supposed to be watching a move turned into a short nap for the two girls.

“Baby, it's still early and the others are still sleeping...” Tiffany reminded. Taeyeon looked around and finally realised that half the girls were still in bed. 

Sooyoung and Sunny were definitely still sleeping after a long catch-up session last night. Yoona was still sleeping in Yuri's room after the two girls did nothing but spent the entire night looking at each other. Jessica, needless to say, wasn't even close to waking up. 

“Oh well... I'll eat first, I'm hungry...” Taeyeon said, hiding the embarrassment inside. Hyoyeon rolled her eyes, “serves you right for not eating dinner last night, midget.” 

“Yah, we're literally the same height. So if I'm a midget, so are you.” Taeyeon retorted with a angsty expression on her face. “I never said I wasn't one.” Hyoyeon winked at the kid leader, causing Taeyeon's emotions to rise. 

Tiffany shook her head at the two Kims, they were older than half the girls but they still acted like 5 year olds. She felt weird, wondering why she ever picked someone so kiddy and childish. Then again, she wasn't alone. Since her best friend was dating another 5-year-old too. 

“Shut up.” Yuri groaned and her side, her face buried into Hyoyeon's stomach. “Why so feisty this morning, Yuwree?” Tiffany ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter