Chapter 15

Nobody But Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Damn, that was a rough night all right. 

Yuri groaned, rubbing the back of her neck painfully. She looked at her legs that were practically dangling off the armrest of the sofa. On her left slept her ever-so-loyal buddy aka Choi Sooyoung (she actually has no room & is too nervous to share one with Sunny but Yuri doesn't have to know that) who probably suffered more since she was taller. 

“Soo... Sooyoung-ah...” Yuri shook Sooyoung gently. 

Sooyoung turned with a loud moan, making her back face Yuri instead. Yuri shook her head and quickly threw her blank-- wait, blanket? If she remembered correctly, there was no spare blanket last night. Unless... a smile formed on her lips, a certain someone had put it on her. 

 

Flashback. 

Right after Yuri had heard the door slam, a huge pout was immediately plastered on her face. It was their first night at the resort and Yoona has already thrown her out with no questions asked. Seohyun and Tiffany held in their laughter, pitying their poor kkab. 

“See what you guys did!” Yuri stood up, stomping her feet towards the room she was supposed to share with Yoona. 

Sunny and Jessica raised their arms, shocked expressions on their faces. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon threw cushions, aiming at their respective partners, “If you guys didn't keep talking about Yoona's , she wouldn't have thrown Yul out…” 

Yuri knocked on the door gently before opening it; she didn't have any intention of embarrassing Yoona at all. Why in the world would she do that to her future wife anyway? Yoona was beautiful in every meaning of the word, that wouldn't change. 

“Y-Yoong?” Yuri craned her neck and squinted, spotting someone sitting in the corner of the room, “What are you doing on the floor?” She made her way over to Yoona and knelt in front of the younger girl, taking her chin in her hand. 

“I-Is....” Yoona couldn't seem to spit her words out and that worried Yuri very much, “Slowly, Yoona. I'm always here to listen, you know that…” Yuri pulled Yoona into her arms, assuming that something bad must have happened for her to be unable to speak. 

Yoona raised an eyebrow, wondering what the heck Yuri was thinking but why kill the moment when she can feel Yuri's strong arms around her? She didn't know why they were F-R-I-E-N-D-S instead of being in a relationship like they were. Yuri wasn't even trying to treat her as a friend! 

Yuri continued running her fingers through Yoona's auburn locks, still not knowing that there was nothing wrong. “I was just gonna ask if my was really pretty?” Yoona whispered, burying her face into Yuri's shoulder. 

“WHAT?!” Yuri yelled and was about to pull away, “You can keep hugging me like this though, it's really....” Yoona teased, bringing her lips up to Yuri's ear, “comforting.” Yuri rolled her eyes but tightened her arms around Yoona's body. 

Yoona's fingers clutched onto Yuri's tank top; she hadn't shared such intimacy with Yuri in a long time (it was just a few days but she would never admit that) and took a deep whiff of Yuri's scent; minty, just the way Yoona liked it. 

“Idiot. I thought something happened to you...” Yuri mumbled under her breath, sniffing Yoona's hair. Yoona smiled, Yuri hadn't changed at all and it made her feel very special indeed.

Why can't the stupid girl just propose already? 

Yuri pressed a small kiss on Yoona's head, closing her eyes right after. She couldn't help but to release the breath she had been holding in earlier, unable to hide how nervous she felt when there was a possibility of Yoona being upset. Oh well, whatever. As long as Yoona would allo--- 

“You are still sleeping outside tonight.” 

Well, . 

Flashback end. 

 

Thinking hard to herself, Yuri wondered why they ended up as friends instead of resuming their relationship as lovers. There were instances where both of them teased each other to the point where Yuri felt like pouncing on Yoona, not in a very decent way of course. 

“Y-Yul... What time is it?” Sooyoung stretched her long limbs, turning to face Yuri with half-closed eyes. 

Yuri ruffled Sooyoung's hair and turned to the clock, " Coming to 8, why? " 

Sooyoung sat up and scratched her head, looking a bit too shy for Yuri's liking, “I… uh... I think I want to try making breakfast for Sunny? " 

AWWWWWWW.

That was a very good idea, Yuri thought. That would be one of her first steps to getting Yoona back into her love life, as her girlfriend rather than a friend. Sooyoung just giggled, watching Yuri's expressions change from goofy to dreamy. 

“Yah, are you paying attention to me?” 

Yuri nodded, still having that stupid goofy grin on her face. She lay back on the sofa and closed her eyes, imagining Yoona in a bridal gown that would only emphasize Yoona's beauty. The idiot must have forgot she was on the sofa for she rolled and rolled.... off the sofa. Sooyoung just stared at the tanned girl, wondering if she should even ask. 

“Come on!” Yuri got up from the Sooyoung's mattress, folding the blanket with the silly lovesick smile. 

Sooyoung stumbled to get off the mattress, trying to catch up with her friend's pace,
“come on what?” 

“We shall get some flowers before preparing breakfast, duh.” Yuri looked at Sooyoung with a you-don't-even-know-that expression. 

Murmuring incoherent words to herself, Sooyoung quickly folded the mattress with Yuri's help as she continued grumbling about Yuri's useless tips. She was always the one being pampered so what was she to do if it was the first time? In contrast to Yuri, Yuri was always the one busy pampering Yoona so it was natural for her to take the lead but Sooyoung was more than clueless.

“You're going out like that?” Sooyoung's eyes travelled from top to bottom, “beautiful, my friend. Simply beautiful.” 

Yuri raised her hand to smack Sooyoung for her sarcastic comments but decided against it in case the others woke up and ruined their entire surprise. Lifting her finger to Sooyoung's face, “Choi Sooyoung, you better zip it or you can surprise Sunkyu BY YOURSELF.” Yuri grinned in satisfaction when Sooyoung rushed to the storeroom where their luggages were. 

Since Sooyoung had yet to get changed, Yuri might as well go and change too. She silently

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter