Chapter 26

Nobody But Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon had it all planned out for today. The first thing on her agenda was to bring Tiffany out for breakfast at Butterfinger Pancakes; their pancakes were nothing short of heaven. Taeyeon was flexible and she was ready to either watch a movie or go shopping with Tiffany if the latter preferred it that way. She was even prepared to bring Tiffany to a museum or a library if she felt like it. 

The one thing she didn't prepare for was the rainy weather which was being a pain in the .

Tiffany cooed inwardly at the sulking Taeyeon cramped in the driver seat; they were stuck with McDonalds in the car since nothing prepared them for the rainy weather. The restaurants and cafés nearby were all full due to the weekend crowd; all Taeyeon wanted to do was go home and mope around at this point. Her plans were destroyed and distorted – her good mood was naturally ruined as well.

“TaeTae, it’s really okay…”

“No, it’s not.”

“Hey…” Tiffany took Taeyeon’s hand into her own and rubbed the back of her palm gently, “it’s really okay.”

Taeyeon retracted her arm and turned towards Tiffany with her head lowered; it was a total wash-out today and who knows if she’ll get another chance to impress Tiffany? Tiffany sighed playfully, ruffling Taeyeon's hair as she tried to control herself from doing something more than that. Taeyeon looked so adorable being upset over a failed date that it was almost endearing. 

“I promise it’s really okay, TaeTae…” Tiffany soothed the upset Taeyeon in her arms and planted a small kiss on the shorter woman’s head, “there are so many other chances for us to go out but you’re behaving as if the world’s coming to an end.”

Taeyeon bit on her lower lip, nuzzling into Tiffany’s shoulder as she tried to keep her tears in. She couldn’t stop feeling guilty about what happened the night she got drunk, and it really wasn’t helping that today’s date was horrible. Tiffany giggled, running her fingers through Taeyeon’s soft black hair – Taeyeon seemed to be extraordinarily cute when they were not together officially.

“Hush, TaeTae…”

The sounds of wailing and sobbing grew even louder above the pouring rain; the weather seemed to match the poor woman’s mood even more.

 

 

“YOU CRIED?!”

Taeyeon lowered her head even more, knowing she was either going to be teased or scolded for being such a baby in front of Tiffany when she was supposed to impress her. She buried her face into Seohyun’s shoulder as she tried to avoid everyone’s disapproving gazes at her. She wished she could be as romantic as Yuri, or as courageous as Sooyoung but it was difficult.

“Geez, you’re so bad at this.”

“Shut up, Sooyoung. You aren’t that good at it either.”

Sooyoung pouted and leaned back into the seat, crossing her arms over her chest as she tried to stop sulking – Sunny had just defended Taeyeon over herself. Sunny did have a point though… if the whole jealousy thing didn’t happen, they might not even be together now. Sunny had too much pride to give in after all but Sooyoung had the upper hand because of that small issue.

Sunny turned to her girlfriend and her heart melted involuntarily, leaning forward to kiss the pout off her lips; Sooyoung was still a cutie in her eyes.

“As I was saying, why did you even cry?” Sunny asked; her hand reaching for the cushion to throw it at two particular people who were in their own world. “Don’t you know how in love Fany is with you already?”

“YAH! STOP KISSING ALREADY!”

Yuri huffed, rubbing the spot where Yoona’s head got hit by the cushion; the girls loved getting in between them. She gave Yoona another peck on the lips before turning her girlfriend, allowing the younger to sit in between her legs. Yoona told her many a time that they needed to have their own time as well but now that Taeyeon was in this state… it seemed to be more impossible than ever.

Taeyeon sniffled into her palms, “I… I feel like I’m such a bad girlfriend, you know. It’s like I see Yul and Yoong, Hyo and Sica – they’re the perfect pairs. Even though you’re always harsh on Sooyoungie, the love is still there. Fany loves me so much and I-I just h-hurt her like that!”

Everyone was taken aback at the sudden outburst; no one had expected Taeyeon to be feeling all those emotions in silence. Taeyeon and Tiffany were the first couple to get together officially - minus Hyoyeon and Jessica - plus, everything had been going smoothly thus far so no one suspected any unsure feelings on Taeyeon's side. Neither did anyone expect this situation to ever rise.

Feeling apologetic for the unconscious jealousy she had been causing thus far, Yoona patted Yuri's arms and made her way to the sobbing kid leader on the sofa.

“I’m sorry, Taeyeon-unnie. We should have asked you how you felt like how you always check on us in return. I promise I will tone it down with Yuri until you and Fany-unnie are okay.”  

Taeyeon turned towards Yuri and smiled when she saw Yuri’s jaw drop; Yoona’s words might have been a huge surprise. She was thoroughly grateful for their sacrifice but she didn’t want to be the cause of it all – Yuri and Yoona were disgustingly cute together anyway. In fact, she didn't want any of the girls to distance themselves just because they felt bad for Taeyeon and Tiffany.

Yuri nodded in agreement, hugging her knees to her chest – and if Yuri was actually agreeing right now, she must have felt horrible about Taeyeon’s incident.

“None of you should be doing this for me,” Taeyeon patted Yoona’s head before looking at all the other members who were in the apartment with her, “I hurt her and I have to work to win her back; none of you need to tone it down or whatever because I feel envious.”

“As expected; the leader of the best in the universe, SNSD.”

Taeyeon blushed furiously at the slogan she had given them during their own reality show; if her members weren't going to make fun of her then who was? 

 

 

Tiffany hummed a song as she looked around the perfume shop, ignoring the looks she was earning from her group members. She had dragged Jessica and Hyoyeon out with her since they couldn't be separated anyway. Plus the fact that Jessica and Taeyeon weren't on very good terms, it was safer to keep the two of them apart for now. 

“Does this smell good on me?”

“I don’t know how many times you’ve asked me that.”

“Aw. Loosen up, Jessie!”

Jessica rolled her eyes and pulled Hyoyeon closer to her, resting her chin on her girlfriend’s shoulder. She just wanted to stay at home and cuddle with her beloved; was that too much to ask? She understood how nice her girlfriend was and would always have a soft spot for their members but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter