Chapter 11

Nobody But Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The operation had been on-going for hours and no news was given yet. It was slowly driving all 8 of them to madness, how could one simple procedure take so long? 

“Why is it taking so long?” Yuri ruffled her hair and started to apce along the hallway, ignoring the worried glances from the rest of her members. 

The nurse came out with a clipboard in her hand, “Who has blood type B here?” Jessica raised her hand cautiously, wondering why the nurse had to find out their blood types all of a sudden.

The nurse sighed in relief and immediately scribbled some things on her clipboard, much to all the girls' surprise and suspicion. “Why do you ask?” Hyoyeon looked at the nurse with a piercing look. “Oh... The patient has internal bleeding in the stomach area and we need to have a bag of blood in case we cannot stop the bleeding in time.”

Yuri grabbed the nurse by her shoulders and shook the woman, how could Yoona have internal bleeding when she wasn't sick or anything?

“You mean Im Yoona?”

“Y-Yes…”

Sooyoung pulled Yuri away and pushed the tanned girl onto the chair, making sure she didn't lay another hand on the nurse or she would be thrown out of the hospital. 

“Why does she have internal bleeding?” Taeyeon stood up and asked carefully. “I can't say anything now but I need this lady to come with me. I have to draw some blood.”

Jessica nodded and followed the nurse from behind, praying that Yoona would be safe after Jessica gets her blood donated to the younger girl. 

“Yul, don't do that again.” Sunny scolded and sat beside Yuri, massaging her temples. 

Yuri nodded and looked away, her heart was turning upside down non-stop. She wanted to know what was wrong but she knew that being patient was the only thing she could do now. 

But she couldn't be patient. 

 

“Doctor! Jesus, how is she?!” Tiffany leaped to her feet the moment the doctor stepped out of the operating theatre. 

The doctor took off his mask and his expression was starting to worry the girls. He had completely no emotion and it was terrifying to find out what happened to Yoona in the theatre. 

“She has a viral infection in the stomach which led to internal bleeding due to complications from acute gastritis. Do any of you know about her gastric problems?”

“Yes but most of us do have attacks time and again so we didn't think much of it.” Taeyeon answered and the rest of them agreed with nods. 

Yoona wasn't the only one who was suffering from this typical gastric problem but she was the only one who was unlucky enough to get complications and viral infections thereafter. 

“Well, hers is one that could be fatal in time to come. We can't say much until the blood transfusion has been completed and for now, she'll be transferred into the ICU.”

“Thank you, Doctor...”

Sunny took the room number slip from the doctor's hands and led the way to the ICU ward, no time could be wasted now that Yoona was in danger. 

 

“Yoona…” Yuri whispered as she stepped into the room first. 

Yoona was lying on the bed with paler skin and a skinnier body, it made the girls wonder why they hadn't noticed her recent weight loss and it weighed heavily on their hearts. 

The drips and wires that were attached to Yoona's body made it worse for them to even look at Yoona, much less go closer to her. 

“Yoong... I'm so sorry...” Yuri took Yoona's hand into hers and brought it to her cheek, feeling the familiar slender fingers against her face. 

The warmth that Yoona's hand usually gave off wasn't there anymore, it was almost ice-cold. Colder than any atmosphere with Jessica around. 

“Yul, I'm sorry for accusing her...” Sunny apologised and patted Yuri's shoulder weakly, trying to keep her tears in. 

If only she and Tiffany had found out the truth first before jumping to conclusions. Maybe if she hadn't slapped Yoona or anything, the doe-eyed girl wouldn't have got weakened or anything. 

Sunny's thoughts were all jumbled up, none of them were making sense but she couldn't care less. Yoona was in such a bad state which was indirectly caused by her. “She wouldn't blame you, Sunkyu-ah.” Yuri turned behind and sent Sunny a small smile before she went back to checking on Yoona. 

The girls decided to stay with Yuri until Yoona was awake and Jessica was back. Yoona was a part of them and they weren't going to let Yuri take care of her alone. 

All 8 of them were going to take care of Yoona together. 

As a family. 

 

-

 

“Is she awake yet?” Yuri walked towards the bed with a duffel bag filled with clothes. Tiffany shook her head weakly as she wiped the back of her hands with a damp towel to make sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter