Phone Fight

My Annoying Roommate

 

Chapter 2

Phone Fight


 

 

With her hair still wet, Aerin hurriedly ran to her class, ignoring the weird stares from some students. Damn that stupid butthead. How dare he reset her alarm clock? Damn SMSH, why is it even so huge? Now she couldn't find where her class is.

"3-2, where are you?" Aerin muttered as she bumped into someone who seemed to be in a rush too. She looked up to the person she had bumped into and grinned widely.

"Cafeteria boy! Thank God, you're here." She beamed as she pointed at him.

The called Cafeteria boy rubbed his shoulder before looking up at the one who had bumped her. Boy, her bony body might crack his bones into pieces. Aerin saw him rubbing his shoulder and gasped.

"Sorry, did it hurt?" She asked while touching his shoulder lightly.

He shook his head and assured her he was fine. Of course, it was a pure lie. Heh.

"Hey, cafeteria girl, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in class?" He joked.

"Yes," she sighed. "I had no idea where the darn class is." Aerin pouted. "Plus that stupid butthead reset my alarm clock." Her tone changed into a serious one and the cafeteria boy was taken aback at her sudden-changed tone.

The cafeteria boy scratched the back of his head nervously. "What is your class, anyway? I'll send you off." He offered nicely.

"Really?" Her eyes glistened in excitement. "It's 3-2."

"3-2? We're in the same class!" He beamed. "Anyways, I'm Huang Zi Tao. You can call me Tao." The cafeteria boy named Tao held his hand out, offering Aerin to shake hands.

"We are? That's great! I'm Kim Aerin." She replied while shaking his hands. "Oh shoot, we're 10 minutes late." She cursed as she glanced at her watch which read 7.40 am.

Tao cleared his throat uncomfortably and muttered, "Actually, we're already here in the first place." Aerin mentally cursed herself for being so talkative. She had caused both of them late. "Oh." She blinked innocently at Tao.

"You never change, Tao haksaeng." Their form teacher clicked his tongue. "And you, Ms. Kim. You dare to be late on your first day?" He pointed at Aerin with his index finger. Aerin bit her lower lip in embarrassment and sent daggers to Sehun who was trying to hold back a laughter so hard.

"I was kinda lost, uhh," She sort of knew this teacher, but she was unsure, so she took a look at his name card which was hanging loosely around his neck and got surprised when she saw his name was 'Mr. Huang', the teacher who showed her dorm to her.

"I was kinda lost, Huang seonsaengnim." She reasoned. It was true though. Well, except for the fact that she woke up late because of that darn butthead who kept on holding back his laughter.

Mr. Huang fixed his glasses and sighed. "Okay, I'll let you go this time since you're a new student, Ms. Kim. But," he wiggled his index finger. "No more next time."

Aerin smiled in satisfaction and bowed numerous times before going to her desk behind Sehun. She even spared Sehun, who was coolly crossing his arms and smirking in victory a dead glare before plopping on her seat. "Very well, Oh Sehun." She said in a low voice, but loud enough to be heard by Sehun. "You'll get my payback soon."

Aerin expected SMHS to have a little more interesting studies than her previous school, but she was dead wrong. Every subject was just as boring as her previous school's. Aerin didn't blame SMHS though, it was her who didn't like to study theories. She preferred practical studies to theorical ones. Meh, what's the point of memorizing that stupid World War II and whatnot? History repeats itself, duh. Social studies are not her style at all.

Not bother listening to her History teacher's blabberings, she doodled some memes on her untouched 46985625-page history textbook. Darn, it was just her first day and it was this boring already? Heck, she should've stayed at her previous school. Thank goodness, after this boring as hell history class was lunch break.

Aerin examined her classmates and hell, most of them were dozing off, including that butthead Sehun. An evil idea popped in her mind as she took out a pack of pink sticky note and wrote something on it. She quietly giggled and stuck the sticky note gently on Sehun's back. Little did she know, Tao was observing her all the time. When she yawned, when she impatienly waited for the bell to ring, when she doodled, when she examined her classmates, and when she pranked on Sehun, he found it really cute.

Feeling someone staring at her, Aerin turned to her left and saw Tao looking at her. Tao only smiled and shook his head in disbelief. Aerin laughed quietly and put her index finger on her lips, begging him not to tell Sehun. Tao made an 'ok' sign and at the same time, the bell rang. All students hurried out from the class like some hungry wolves. The class was almost empty and Sehun was still in a deep slumber.

Aerin whacked his head hard and Sehun jumped in surprised. "Lunch break." She simply said and turned to Tao, who had just got up from his seat. "You're not eating?" She asked.

Tao nodded. "Yes, I was just about to wake Sehun up, but you already did."

"You know this butthead?" Aerin asked as she pointed a finger at Sehun. Sehun pushed her finger away and wrinkled his nose. "Yah, Ugly. I'm older than you."

Tao chuckled and shook his head in amusement. They were like brother and sister who never stops bickering. "Yes, I do. Now, now. Let's go, I'm hungry."

Even though Aerin and Sehun are always bickering nonstop, they always eat lunch together or go somewhere else together. So, people always thought they are dating. Aerin and Sehun dating? Heh. Creds to Simon Cowell's famous line, 'it's a no from me'.

On the way to the cafeteria, eyes were all on Sehun and he found it weird. Did he have something on his face? He rubbed his face and found nothing. What could it be?

Aerin and Tao on the other hand were giggling like crazy. "Is that something wrong with me?" Sehun innocently asked and Aerin waved her hand, informing him nothing was wrong as she kept on laughing. Sehun narrowed his eyes at her and was about to snap at her.

"I'll call you, Oppa." A girl who seemed to be the three's hoobae said as she winked at Sehun.

A girl walked past him and said, "Save my number, Oppa." She giggled and joined her gang.

Sehun scratched his head in confusion. What was that about? He shrugged it off and searched for his friends. Not realizing there were two nuts laughing their asses off.

After grabbing their lunch, they joined EXO who was the noisiest one in the cafeteria. They are 11 hot guys whom girls adore the most in SMHS. Aerin took a seat between Sehun and Tao.

A tanned boy whistled. "Who's this cute girl?"

Sehun rolled his eyes and scoffed. "You called this cute? You're blind, Kai."

Aerin ignored what Sehun said and only smiled at the boy called Kai. Tao cleared his throat and introduced Aerin to EXO. "Guys, this is Kim Aerin, she moved from Sehun's previous school too."

"Nice to meet you." She smiled cutely at them. It wasn't on purpose. Her smile is just genuinely cute.

EXO introduced themselves one by one and Aerin had troubles memorizing their faces and names. So, she made a list in her mind.

Has a deep voice but has a cute face and big ears - Chanyeol

Has an angelic face, the leader of EXO - Suho

Has owl eyes and soothing voice - Kyungsoo (but likes to be called D.O with dot instead of dyo dyo or do do)

Has a perfect face and angelic voice, just my type - Baekhyun (too bad he's taken)

A simple tanned boy only - Jong In (no idea why he likes to be called Kai, was that even a name?)

A deer-like cute boy - Luhan (I WANT TO SQUISH SO BAD, HE'S SO CUTE)

A boy with deep dimples (like me!) - Lay (my long-lost twin brother)

Has a pair of bun-like cheeks - Xiumin (I WANT TO SQUISH HIM TOO)

Has long mouth line - Chen

Cafeteria boy with eyebags - Tao

And lastly, sigh. Annoying ungrateful butthead - Sehun (someone kill him for me)

"So," Aerin started while chewing on her sandwich. "Is anyone of you from China? Because some of you seem... not Korean?" She asked as she slapped Sehun's hand away from stealing her yogurt that made Sehun pouted like a kid.

"There are 3 of us. Me, Lay and Tao." Luhan answered and sighed. "There were 4 actually, but he moved back to China." Everyone went silent for a while. But Aerin didn't realize the sadness around them.

"Ah, so EXO used to be 12?" Aerin stated. Sehun shot her a look. "You ask too much, Ugly."

Aerin wrinkled her nose and snapped at him. "I'm just curious, butthead." She rolled her eyes. Without her knowing, Sehun successfully stole her yogurt.

"You guys are close, huh." Baekhyun snickered as he high-fived Chanyeol. "Us?" Aerin and Sehun said unison. "Pssh." "Heh."

"So, how was our Sehun doing in your previous school?" Suho asked.

"This butthead?" She snorted. "So bad." She shook her head.

"Hey, I wasn't bad." Sehun shot her a glare.

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, cheating on the tests isn't bad? Pranking teachers isn't bad? Annoying the hell out of me isn't bad?" She smirked at Sehun before continuing. Sehun widened his eyes. "No, don't you dare." He warned.

But thick-headed Aerin ignored him and continued, "Peeking-- mmf!" Sehun slapped his hand on and grinned sheepishly at his friends. "Don't believe her."

EXO went silent and stared at Sehun with wide eyes.

3

2

1

 

"Oh my God, what did you peek, Sehun?!"

"Peeking?!"

"Yah, Sehun! When did you become a ert?!"

"NO, I DID NOT!" Sehun protested while scooping a large scoop of yogurt in his mouth. "It's because a girl needed my help in the girls' bathroom, someone got locked." He rolled his eyes and glared at the giggling Aerin.

"But still." Chen crossed his arms and saw everyone looking at Sehun's back while tapping their phones. "Sehun-ah," he called. "What's so interesting on your back? Everyone seems to be looking at it..."

Everyone turned to Sehun and the latter blinked innocently. "Huh?" Only Aerin and Tao burst into laughter and hi-fived each other. Sehun rubbed his back carefully and felt a paper stuck on his back. He snatched it with his hand and read it.

6123456xxx - call me ;)

Sehun tore it apart and glared furiously at Aerin. He flicked her forehead hard, making the latter winced in pain while rubbing her head.

"What was that for?!" Aerin spat.

"Don't act innocent, uglyduck." Sehun shot back. "This is your doing, right?"

"Told ya to wait for my payback." She stuck her tongue out.

"If my phone won't ever stop ringing, I swear I'll break your deary pinky alarm clock." He threatened as he pointed a finger at her.

Rolling her eyes, she yanked his finger away. "Confident much about having so many fangirls already?"

"I'm cool and handsome, that's why." Sehun said proudly as he made a 'V' sign with his index and thumb below his chin.

Aerin narrowed her eyes at him and scrunched her nose in disgust. "Ew."

"You guys look cute together." D.O wiggled his eyebrows. The rest bobbed their heads up and down in agreement.

"If you guys date, I think you're the most wanted couple in the whole world." Xiumin added while munching his buns. SO CUTE I WANT TO SQUISH HIM SO BAD.

"Us?" Sehun scoffed. "Will NEVER date." He emphasized the word NEVER. "If we will, I'll take you guys on a trip in Jeju." He boasted. That crap, seriously. So big-headed.

Aerin shook her head in disbelief and laughed a little but joined Sehun anyway. "Yeah, I'll treat you guys food, anywhere you want." Same with this bastard crap. So big-headed and thick-headed.

"Oooh," Kai rubbed his palms together. "The game is so on, Oh Sehun." He clasped his hands together. "You sure you don't want to take your words back?" Tao snickered at them and they nodded proudly with a grin.

"Usually, if there's hatred between a girl and a guy in the first place, their feelings will start to bloom eventually." Chanyeol said as he tapped his chin, feeling proud of his quote. Excuse me, Chanyeol, that's my quote.

Sehun rolled his eyes and snapped at his hyung. "You watch too many kdramas." He shook his head in disbelief.

Soon, the bell rang, meaning they should get back to class. Aerin let out a sigh. She didn't want to leave yet. She wanted to spend her time with EXO more. Aerin is one lucky fella, I tell you. It's so hard to befriend with EXO if you're a girl. They don't want some girl friends who only want fame. By seeing Aerin bickering nonstop with Sehun made them think that she is different.

They bid their goodbyes and headed to their own classes.

 

----

 

"Jesus, Sehun! This is the 169th ring I've heard! And what's with your ring tone?!" Aerin buried her face with her pillow, closing her ears. It was barely 10 o'clock and she couldn't fell asleep because of Sehun's phone's nonstop ringing.

"It's your fault for distributing my number on my back!" Sehun shot back at her, rolling his eyes in irritation.

"Well, at least turn your phone into silent or airplane mode or something! It's freaking ten now!" Aerin snapped at Sehun, who was busy playing COC.

"I can't! This game needs internet connection!"

"Just shut it down! I need sleep!"

"I'm being attacked now."

Another unknown number called Sehun.

"OH SEHUN!!" She yelled in frustration and kicked her bed, making their beds shook.

"Geez, woman. Stop yelling, will you?" He rubbed his ears dramatically. "Godzilla." He muttered and rolled his eyes. "Fine, I shut it off already. Satisfied?"

Aerin just hummed loudly and shut her eyes close. Sehun cursed under his breath. "Darn uglyduck, why do I even have to live under the same roof with her?"

After 15 minutes had passed, Sehun climbed to check on Aerin whether she was asleep or not. He pounded his fist in the air in victory when he was sure she was in a deep slumber and turned his phone back on.

Just his luck, his phone buzzed loudly and he immediately shut it off. He checked on Aerin once again and let out a sigh when she didn't stir from her sleep. He wiped an invisible sweat and turned his phone on again. Seriously, Sehun, treat your phone as a human too. How dare you turn it off turn it on repeatedly?

Aerin hadn't fallen asleep yet. She knew his phone buzzed but she just shrugged it off. Great thing it was just a buzz.

Finally, after another 15 minutes, she could have a peaceful beauty sleep without that stupid 'Someone call a doctor and blablabla' song bothering her.

Someone call the doctor nal butjapgo malhaejwo, sarang--

Maybe not.