Almost Sail

My Annoying Roommate

 

Chapter 21

Almost Sail


 

His mind was completely blank. He literally had no idea where his roommate went. After asking several pedestrians, the answers still remained no's. Running a hand through his golden brown hair, he looked around the dark yet breezy cold night, eyes searching for his beloved roommate, mouth shouted Aerin's name, almost losing his hope of finding her.

"Yah, Kim Aerin!"

Sehun didn't care if he indeed looked like some kind of retarded at that moment. All he cared was Aerin, Aerin and only Aerin.

"Where... is that... girl?" He muttered while panting. He'd been running all the time and to be honest, he was tired and the cold wasn't helping him either. He already tried calling her, but it all went to her voicemails. Now what?

Then, snow started falling. Sehun closed his eyes, enjoying the the soft material falling on his hair and wishing for something.

Please help me find Aerin.

Just like in a fairytale, there was suddenly a blink, as if his wish was granted. And it indeed did. He saw a shivering girl lightly swinging a swing at a playground where he'd had searched for her before. How come he didn't see her?

As he approached ran for the girl, he could hear some ugly sobs from her. He slowed his pace, suddenly feeling unsure whether that girl was Aerin or not.

"I wish you knew Oh Sehun," the girl, whom Sehun was now a hundred percent sure that she was his roommate, Kim Aerin, uttered.

"Knew...what?" Sehun asked between pants.

Aerin, who didn't expect him to find her, of course was startled by the familiar voice. She bit her lips nervously and didn't dare to turn back. Instead, she stood up, ready to leave. But Sehun was faster by holding her wrist. What was her problem?

"Yah, where are you going?" Sehun muttered, anger slightly raising inside of him. "Home," she simply replied and tried to shrug his hand off her wrist, but it was no use. Sehun was stronger than her.

"It hurts," Aerin cried out as his grip became tighter. Sehun finally released her, noticing her shivering as the cold wind brushed through her. Sighing, he took off his coat and swung it around Aerin's petite body.

Aerin really wanted to cry out loud and hit Sehun's face several times. Why? Because she wanted him to stop giving her false hope, so she could move on without feeling hurt.

"Come on, let's go home. It's getting darker and the snow's getting heavier," Sehun said while glancing at the night sky and shaking his head, causing some snow to fall off from his hair. But Aerin didn't move even an inch. She just stood there, staring at the ground as if it was the most extravagant thing to stare at.

Realizing Aerin did not move, Sehun grabbed her hand, trying to help her walk, but Aerin shrugged his hand off by force and glared at him with teary eyes. It definitely made Sehun uneasy. What did he do wrong? From what he recalled, he didn't say anything stupid. Yet.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Aerin asked in a very soft voice.

"Me doing what?" Sehun asked back, shoving his hands onto his pockets because it was cold and he gave his coat to Aerin.

"This! All of this!" Aerin yelled in frustration and wiped her almost-fall tears above her eyes with the back of her hand.

"What this? I don't get you." He groggily replied. Truth be told, Aerin's outburst shocked him. Aerin was never this mad whenever he annoyed the hell out of her and he honestly didn't get what she meant by this and that.

"This!"

"Yeah, I know this, but what this is that?! Jesus, Aerin! Be more specific!" Sehun growled and face palmed himself. Sometimes, this girl was just so stupid.

"THIS!"

"Come on, do---"

"Giving me false hope by taking care of me when I'm sick, by giving me your coat when I'm cold, by... by..." She couldn't take it any longer and broke down in front of him, which took Sehun by surprise. Sniffling hard, she continued.

"By...doing what you shouldn't have done as my frenemy..."

"But that is what a friend does, Aerin." Aerin. That was the first time he called her by her name.

"Don't call me by my name," Aerin begged. "You're doing it again."

"Hey..."

Sehun actually got what she said, but he was afraid to admit the truth, so he decided to play dumb.

"What exactly am I doing?"

Aerin stared at him in disbelief. Did he really not get it? Didn't he ever experience this before? Scoffing, she wiped the remaining tears on her cheeks. "You know what? Forget it all." I am so dumb for loving you in the first place.

Aerin walked away first, leaving a very guilty Sehun behind. His heart ached when he saw how devastated Aerin was when he told her those words. He shouldn't have played dumb, he should've told her he liked her too and he should've stopped her from walking away just like in kdramas.

Right now, what he should've done was the third one. Without thinking anymore, he chased for Aerin and spun her around, which surprised her and caused her to drop her phone she was holding.

"Leave m--"

Her words were cut off by a pair of hands softly placed on her cheeks, wiping her tears, and a pair of soft plump lips placed on hers, causing her eyes to bulge, like they almost popped anytime soon.

Finally realizing that Sehun was kissing her, she slowly closed her eyes and kissed him back, which made Sehun smile between the kiss. Aerin couldn't describe how happy she was at that moment with words. It was like she was in heaven, all of her worries just vanished away only with one kiss.

Sehun moved his head to the right, deepening the kiss and pulling Aerin closer to him, so he could feel her better.

He didn't know why he did this all of sudden. He just felt like the timing was so perfect and he didn't regret it. Everything was perfect for him and he was happy for it.

They both parted away as they felt out of breath and looked at each other's eyes with pinked cheeks, swollen lips and fast-beating hearts. Aerin was the one who looked away first because she was embarrassed while Sehun tried to hide his smile with his usual failed poker-face.

So, what were they now?

Still looking at the ground, Aerin played with the hem of Sehun's coat and asked, "Why did you...", scratching her head nervously. "uhh, that....kiss..."

Sehun just shrugged and walked away first. "Just like doing it." He replied and shot a smile, which Aerin couldn't get to see.

Aerin pouted and stomped her feet, finally back to her usual self. She was positive that Sehun wasn't playing her and she knew it from the kiss earlier. She knew that he liked her too, but he always held his pride high. She wanted Sehun to say it right in front of her. It didn't have to be romantic, but Sehun confessing to her is literally enough.

"Come on, let's go home!" Sehun shouted from afar. "I don't want to get any detention with you as my partner anymore!"

Aerin snorted and chuckled, slowly catching up beside Sehun.

"Aren't you cold?" Aerin asked while rubbing her palms together. The weather was getting colder and colder and she was worried of Sehun due to the fact that he wasn't wearing any thick outfit.

Sehun nodded. "I am, but you just recovered from your fever. So, use it."

Aerin oh-ed and giggled as she thought of something brilliant. She suddenly grabbed both Sehun's hands and blew hot air on them. "My mom taught me this, it usually helps me, so I hope it'll work on you." She said and blew again, rubbing them with hers a few times.

Sehun watched her blowing his hands like a little lost child and smiled. "I feel warmer than before," he lied. Sometimes you need to lie if you want to make the person you love happy, right?

"Don't you dare lying to me, you butthead." She playfully glared at him and punched him in the arm. Sehun winced in pain as she punched him. It had been so long since he felt her punch and it still hurt so bad like always.

"Geez, woman. You hit like a bull." He complained, rubbing the spot she'd punched. Aerin just shot him an innocent smile and continued her step.

---

"You see them," Tao pointed at Sehun and Aerin, who were sitting in front of him and ChanBaek. "Something's off between them."

"Yep, something definitely is." Chanyeol agreed while stuffing a big piece of break inside his mouth.

"They've been acting lovey-dovey since this morning." Baekhyun added, leaning on Chanyeol's shoulder.

Tao rolled his eyes at the scene beside him. "Will you stop doing that? It disgusts me." He retorted. "Freaking ChanBaek," he muttered under his breath.

"Okay, class! Settle down!" Ms. Callista hollered when she got into their class and immediately pointed at Sehun and Aerin.

"You two, Mr. Lee's office now. You guys are in deep ."

IT'S TIME FOR A LITTLE DRAMA!! THEIR HAPPY TIME WON'T LAST FOR LONG!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough*

Heyo guys~ I'm back! Sorry for not updating ;_; school's being a and I've been really really busy. Well, not really busy. . . I was kinda zoning out everyday. You know what, I just realized that I've liked someone for so long already but I just knew it like a week ago. I'm in dilemma. I don't know, but I'm sure that this boy I like will never like me back ANYMORE. It's not that this author is ugly, I'm really pretty you know *ignore this*. I JUST DONT KNOW ANYMORE!!! Okay, ignore my curhat (love dilemma) and COMMENT DOWN THERE ABOUT THE ALMOST SAILED COUPLE WOHOOOO

and don't forget to subscribe! ♡ um, are you curious of what I look like? lol #ilooklikemaleficent