Family Dinner Surprise

My Annoying Roommate
 

Chapter 14

Family Dinner


 

"Will you go out with me on Sunday?" Taehhyung nervously asked. "Just hanging out, nothing more."

Taehyung blew his bangs and shook his head. "No, no. This is not it. It sounds like I'm confessing," He told himself while looking at the mirror in front of him. "Alright, let's do this again. Are you free on Sunday?" He tried to smile, but the smile looked like forced and, um, creppy. He wasn't like this before. Heck, he even didn't have to practice to ask a girl out. But with Aerin, it was not the same. He became tensed, nervous and everything. Why?

 

It was obvious that he liked Aerin. 

 

Truthfully said, this was his first time to like a girl for real. Yeah, I repeat, for REAL. He used to play with girls' hearts. Then, when he was bored of them, he broke their hearts and byebye. Don't get him wrong; he was a playboy, but that doesn't mean he liked to take innocent girls' ity. Nuh-uh, he wasn't that vile. Of course, he knew those erted stuffs. He's a boy anyway. But this author is more erted. /slaps/

"Okay, this is it," He heaved a sigh and stared straight at his own reflection in the mirror. "Let's hang out this Sunday, if you're free." He ended his pick-up line with a playful smirk. "Ahaha! This is great!" He celebrated himself with a fist-pump in the air.

 

Knock. Knock.

 

"Hyung, who are you talking to? Did you bring a girl inside?" His roommate, Jeon Jungkook, asked as he knocked on the bathroom door with a curious expression. Taehyung startled a bit at his roommate's sudden voice and shouted, "No, I'm on the phone!" Nice lie you got there, Captain.

 

But as soon as he met Aerin the next day in English class, his confidence suddenly flew away. His lips were like sealed with a permanent glue. "Hey, Taehyung!" Aerin greeted with a smile as she plopped on her seat behind Taehyung and put her books on her desk. Taehyung nervously greeted back and pretended to play with his phone. Sehun then came and sat beside Aerin.

"Yo, Stupid. Let me copy your English homework. I did nothing!" Sehun, without Aerin's permission, took her notebook and copied the answers in a speed. Aerin rolled her eyes and was about to take it back, but Sehun snatched her hands away. "Yah, it's not for free!" Aerin whined while hitting him on his arm.

"You have to grant my 2 more wishes more, so consider this as one of them!" 

"Oh," Aerin stopped hitting him as she remembered that she had made a deal with him a few weeks ago. 

"Me too, okay!" Chanyeol in a blink of an eye sat beside Sehun and copied the answers too. Aerin creased her eyebrows and sighed. "Fine, go copy it."

"You let Chanyeol copy, but not me?" Sehun's tone feigned hurt. "Be fast or I'll snatch it away from you," Aerin threatened.

Taehyung was devastated. He envied Sehun so much that he wanted to exchange his position with Sehun's. Most of all, he envied their closeness so much.

Lucky them, Sehun and Chanyeol finished copying right after Ms. Callista came. They wiped their invisible sweat on their foreheads and high-fived each other. Aerin rolled her eyes and quickly grabbed her notebook back from them.

"Alright, class! Hand in your homework!" Ms. Callista ordered while banging her hand on the table, eyeing on Chanyeol suspiciously. Chanyeol only grinned at her and proudly put his homework on her table. "I copied this," he said in Korean. Being the new teacher who just moved to Korea, Ms. Callista titled her head in confusion. "What are you saying?"

"I said I did it," Chanyeol replied in English while smiling and returned to his seat. Ms. Callista raised a brow at him, but shrugged it off anyway.

"Guys, you're not gonna believe what I just did to our English teacher!" Chanyeol exclaimed to Aerin and Sehun while laughing his off, gaining the attention from his classmates. Heh, Reaction King.

"Don't blame us if we don't believe it because you told us so," Sehun sarcastically said.

Aerin chuckled and nodded in agreement. "Aw, come on. Believe it or not you gotta listen," Chanyeol pouted with an eyeroll.

"Fine, fine. Spill it."

"I told her 'I copied someone's work' in Korean and she was confused! So I told her it was 'I did it this time' in English!" He started laughing again.

Aerin and Sehun just stared at him blankly, not laughing at all. "I don't find that funny," Sehun honestly said and Aerin nodded.

"I'm so done," Chanyeol glared at both of them. "It's no fun to joke with you guys." He feigned sad and pretended to ignore them. Aerin poked Sehun's arm and asked what was up with the giant. 'Just ignore him, he's always like that.' Sehun mouthed.

The bell rang and the class was over. As she gathered all of her books, Taehyung heaved a huge sigh and called Aerin. It's now or never, man.

"Yes?" Aerin replied, books on her chest and ready to leave. "Um," he started while shoving his hands in his pockets. "I, uhhh--" "Hey, are you okay?" She asked worriedly and put her palm on his forehead to check whether he had a fever or not. Taehyung's heart skipped a beat under her touch. He felt his cheeks burnt and coughed awkwardly. Sehun, on the other hand, clenched his fist and secretly glared at Taehyung. He was sure he was jealous, but he wouldn't admit that ever. While Chanyeol had rushed out of the class as soon as the bell rang. Yep, Reaction King.

"I'm fine," he assured and gently put her hand down. He then looked at her in the eyes. "Are you free on this Sunday? Let's hang out." He asked with a playful smirk and mentally celebrated himself.

Aerin laughed and nodded. "Why not? I have nothing to do."

"Great," Taehyung grinned. "May I walk you to your dorm? I didn't mean to be rude," he hesitantly asked. Aerin's eyes widened and shook her head vigorously. "No, no. Um,.. You may, but, umm.." She was completely out of excuses.

Sehun rolled his eyes and touched her shoulder, making her face him. "Why are you so long? I won't want to walk you to your dorm ever again if you don't come out in a minute." He blankly stated, not forgetting to smirk at Taehyung who gave him a jealous glare, and waited for Aerin in front of classroom.

Aerin blinked a few times to process what had just happened. She shook her head and apologetically looked at Taehyung. "I got Sehun already?" She replied. It was more like a question than a statement, Kim Aerin. "I'm sorry, maybe next time?" She smiled apologetically at him.

Taehyung smiled back and nodded. "It's okay. Yeah, maybe next time." He nervously scratched the back of his head. "Hey, Stupid! Be quick!" Sehun hollered and Aerin rolled her eyes. "I'm going, see ya!" Aerin grinned and waved at Taehyung and he waved back.

Aerin sighed in relief after she was out of the classroom. She actually felt bad for Taehyung for lying to him. It would be a lie if she said she didn't want his company. But what should she do? If Taehyung knew she was living in the same room as Sehun, gossips would start nonstop and Aerin couldn't take it, neither could Sehun.

"Thanks, I owe you one," Aerin said and playfully nudged Sehun's arm as they started walking toward their dorm.

"So that means you still have to grant 2 more wishes from mine." Sehun smirked.

"What the-- how could that be?!"

Sehun rolled his eyes and flicked her forehead. "You're really stupid, Kim Aerin. You just said you owed me one."

"Yes, I did, but that doesn't mean you could add 1 more wish." She demanded as she rubbed the spot which Sehun just flicked.

Sehun sighed desperately and had the urge to choke her so she could wake up from her dumbness. "But you just said you owed me one. So that means-- ugh, whatever! Why am I talking to a dumb person?!"

"You said what?!" Aerin blew a raspberry and hit his head with her thick TOEFL textbook.

Sehun winced and fell to the floor. Aerin gasped and kneeled on the floor then asked, "Yah, you okay?" He shook his head and stared at her dumbly. "Who....are you?"

Aerin rolled her eyes and huffed. "That doesn't work on me, Oh Sehun." Her answer made him creased his eyebrows. "Who's Oh Sehun?" He innocently asked.

Aerin swore her heart stopped when he asked that. Did he really get an amnesia?! "Y-Yah, stop joking around." She laughed but abruptly stopped when Sehun just stared at her blankly. "Yah, you really don't know your name?!" She started to panic.

Sehun shook his head and stood up. Aerin blinked and face palmed herself. Darn it, she just made someone lost his memory. Great, she's going to jail. She shivered at the thought. "D-Do you know my name?" She asked with a I'm-talking-to-a-lunatic-person face.

Sehun then burst into laughter which made Aerin almost lost her soul. Did she turn him into a lunatic one?!

"Your reaction, pfft!" Sehun clutched onto his stomach because it hurt from laughing too hard. Aerin narrowed her eyes at him. What in the world made him laugh like that?

When he had calmed down, he spoke up. "April fool," he simply said and laughed even harder. Aerin was dumbfounded and after processing what he had just said, she immediately pulled his hair and cursed some F-bombs.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO ME?! I THOUGHT YOU REALLY LOST YOUR MEMORY!"

"OKAY! OKAY! I'M SORRY! BUT PLEASE LET GO OF MY HAIR!"

"DAMN YOU BUTTHEAD, YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!"

"IT'S NOT, OKAY?! IT'S NOT! NOW LET GO OF MY HAIR! I JUST DYED IT A FEW WEEKS AGO!"

"I DON'T CARE! EVEN IF YOU GO BALD I STILL DON'T CARE!"

"But I don't ask you to care."

Aerin pulled his hair harder and smirked.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! I GAVE UP!"

 

---

 

"But, Mom! Why?!" Aerin whined through the line. "I have a date to catch on!"

It was already Sunday and Aerin was already dressed casually, but her Mom called and she just had to ruin everything!

"I don't want to hear any excuses, Aerin. No buts and whatnot, you HAVE to come. Don't forget to invite your 10 boy friends too!" Her mom replied in a bossy tone and ended the call, emphasizing the word 'have'.

Aerin stomped her feet and kicked the innocent sofa. Why today?! Couldn't they just set the family dinner up next week or something? Besides, the guests are just Sehun's family!

Aerin faked a cry and squished the small pillows really hard. She unwholeheartedly searched for Taehyung's number and dialed him.

"You finish? I'll--"

"Um, actually, I couldn't make it today." She cut him off.

"W-Why?" She could sense the disappointment in his voice.

"I'm really sorry. My mom wants me to attend a family dinner and she even threatened me! I really want to go with you, really! Hmm, I'll make it up to you tomorrow. Bubble tea?" She almost smacked herself for being so lame.

Taehyung chuckled and replied, "It's okay. By the way, bubble tea sounds great."

Aerin unknowingly grinned when she knew Taehyung wasn't mad at her. "Thank you! My treat tomorrow. Again, I'm very sorry."

"It's alright," Taehyung chuckled again.

"Okay. I have to go now. Bye!" She ended the call.

Sehun was parading inside the bathroom. He couldn't be more happier because Aerin's date was canceled. As he stepped out from the bathroom, he still had his smiling face on, which made Aerin narrow her eyes at him.

"I'm going to the boys' dorm." Aerin simply said and was about to open the door. "I already told them," said Sehun.

"You already knew this?!" She snapped at him, making the latter cringed. "My mom had told me this morning," he defended.

She groaned and rubbed her temple. "Okay then. I'm leaving first."

Sehun grabbed her wrist and confusingly asked, "This early?"

Aerin shrugged. "I know right. It's barely 3 and she told me to come help her get ready for dinner." She explained and rolled her eyes.

"I'm coming," Sehun said without thinking. Aerin eyed him suspiciously and he gulped. "Uh, my mom told me to hep too. Wait for me." He reasoned and searched for his jacket. "O...kay." Aerin said, still unconvinced.

 

"Sehun-ah! Why did you come with Aerin? Ji Won-ah! Your son is here." Aerin's mom muttered as she put on her apron and went inside the kitchen.

"My mom told me to help." He acted innocent.

"I did? I don't recall...." His mom asked as she walked out of the kitchen.

"Mom, you did." He insisted. "So, what could we help?" He changed the subject.

"EWWWW! Sehun, Sehun, Sehun! Splash the water on my hands!!" Aerin shrieked when the shrimp she was peeling its head off, spilling some disgusting liquid on her hands. "Yah, don't yell right at my ears!" He shot back as he splash some water on her hands.

"Blame the shrimp!" She retorted. Their moms, who was cooking a chicken soup, shook their heads and laughed at their childishness.

"It should be like this!" Sehun complained while changing the glass' position which Aerin just placed. Aerin glared at him and changed the position back. "Like this!"

"No, this way!" He changed back.

"This!"

"This!"

"This!"

They kept changing the position until their moms separated them. "Kids," Aerin's mom sighed. "Anything is okay."

"It's almost 7 and all you did is just bickering and complaining nonstop." Sehun's mom sighed too.

"Sorry," they muttered in unison and continued their work without a sound. You could even hear a pin dropped. Their mothers smiled in satisfaction and arranged the food.

A moment later, everyone, including EXO-K, both of their dads, Myungsoo, Haerin, Jonghyun came home. Aerin's dining room was so alive when they came.

EXO-K greeted and introduce themselves politely to Aerin's family and Sehun's family. After that, everybody was seated already and one seat was left. Feeling curious, Sehun asked his mom. "Who hasn't come yet?"

"Ah, it's a surprise for you." His mom winked. "Just in time!" She exclaimed as someone rang the doorbell.

Who could that be? Sehun thought.

When his mom let the guest in the dining room, everyone stared at the pretty girl in front of them. Sehun swore he had ever known her, but who was she anyway?

"Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Lee Sora. Nice to meet you." The pretty girl named Sora introduced herself while staring straight at Sehun, whose jaws were dropped open.

 

 

 

[A/N]: dudumdara! Who could that Sora be? Hehehe leave some comments and upvote juseyo~ saranghae!♡