What A Night

My Annoying Roommate

 

Chapter 7

What A Night


 

 

EXO minus Sehun was having a "little" party at Chanyeol and Baekhyun's dorm to celebrate something. And that something was about Aerin and Sehun's date this afternoon. It was already past midnight and they still kept their eyes open.

"This is a good start!" Kai exclaimed. "I can't wait to fly to Jeju!"

"Shut up you peasant. You can't wait to meet girls in bikinis not Jeju." D.O spat as he rolled his eyes at the latter.

Kai glared at the older guy and snatched the chips away from him. "I'm not that ert okay?"

EXO-K boys were so happy that they didn't notice the sadness between the EXO-M boys. Well, except for Suho. They'd been quiet since the "little" party started.

"Yah, Xiumin hyung. Why are you so quiet? Usually, you're noisiest when it comes to SeRin. (yes that's what EXO called them)" Suho said and the rest looked up to the latter.

Xiumin smiled weakly and sighed. "We actually have an announcement to make."

"What's that?" Baekhyun asked while rolling on his bed.

"The principal moved us to China." Luhan answered instead. All of the boys who knew nothing about that before gaped at him.

"WHAT?!" They chorused in unison.

"Hyung~" Chanyeol whined. "Why?!"

Luhan shrugged. "Well, the principal said there's a soccer game held there. Our school will play against who-knows-where and since we're the strongest, he chose us." He explained as he gazed at his dongsaengs. His heart softened when he saw the sad looks from them. He wanted to enjoy his last year with them, but seems like fate wasn't on his side.

"We'll be leaving next week." Lay said.

"NEXT WEEK?!" They chorused again.

"Guys, other students are sleeping, low down your voice." Tao said and rolled his eyes.

"It's too fast!" Kai shrieked.

EXO-M boys only shrugged.

"When will you guys come back?" Baekhyun asked, pouting. "I will miss my ChenChen. And there's no more chenbaek."

Chen laughed and threw a pillow at Baekhyun. "We'll be back before Christmas Day." Chen replied. "Don't worry, Baekhyunnie~ There's still chanbaek." He winked. The boys cracked up and made a group hug.

"We will surely miss you." Suho said between the hug.

"Don't tell Sehun and Aerin just yet." Luhan said. They blinked at him as if asking him why.

"You know how whiny Sehun will be when I'm not around?" He asked. Sehun and him had grown so close together ever since they were in diapers. He didn't want to see Sehun's sad face so it'd be better if they told him the day before their leaving.

HunHan. Meh.

"Oh Gosh, not again!" Kai said and rolled his eyes as he remembered the six-year-old Sehun.

FLASHBACK:

"LUHAN HYUNG!" A six-year-old Sehun cried his heart out as he stumbled on the floor, hitting it repeatedly like it was the one who separated him and Luhan. Kai, who was so frustrated, groaned in frustration as he closed his ears with his hands.

For God's sake they were in a playground not a cemetery!

"Oh Sehun! Can you stop?!" Kai grumbled in annoyance. "I brought you here to play not to cry like a baby!" Sehun stopped crying and glared at the latter. Rolling his eyes at him, he continued crying again.

"LUHAN HYUNG!" Sehun shouted. His cries were getting louder and people mistaken Kai as the one who made him cry. Some adults even scolded him for being a very bad friend. The six-year-old dumb Kai just who still hadn't known how to talk back just nodded and mumbled 'sorry'.

What in the world?

END OF FLASHBACK

Shaking his head vigorously, Kai ran a hand through his hair. "Yeah, just don't tell Sehun. I don't want to hear his whiny sound." He shuddered as he remembered again.

 

---

 

"Really? Oh my God, it's big news!"

"Yes! I even saw both of them shared a drink yesterday!"

"Wow, daebak! Are they perhaps dating?"

Gossips, gossips and gossips. Yes. SMHS latest news was about Aerin and Sehun's forced date yesterday. Ohohoho, not only that gossipers. They even lived in the same dorm. Up until now, nobody knew it except for EXO.

They shut up immediately when the gossiped couple walked through the hallway.

Aerin felt a little weird this morning. People were staring at her and she was bothered by it. So did Sehun. They fastened their pace and reached their class.

When they slumped on their seats, Aerin and Sehun looked at each other. "Is there something on my face?" They asked in unison and shook their heads. "Why are they looking at me like that?" Aerin pouted and opened her Maths textbook.

"Because you're ugly." Sehun snickered.

Before she could smack him, Mr. Huang was already there with his usual outdated glasses and books.

"All right, class. Settle down!" He hollered and the class shut up almost immediately. "Now, now. Hand in your homework. The ones who didn't do it, please stand at the usual place." He said as he sat down, scanning his students who didn't got up from their seats.

As he corrected their works, the students were having fun at the class. Tao, Aerin and Sehun were cracking up at Sehun's lame jokes while the others were gossiping about whatnot.

When Mr. Huang clicked his tongue, everybody went silent. He put his red pen down on the table and fixed his eyes on Tao. Tao stopped laughing and gulped, knowing why he looked angry.

"Tao haksaeng..." He called.

"Y-Yes?"

"Why did you hand in a blank page?" He calmly asked.

"I gave you a blank page?" Tao dumbly asked as if he did do the homework when he actually didn't.

"Don't play dumb, Tao haksaeng. This is the---" Just when he was about to snap at him, someone knocked on the door.

"Mr. Anthony!" A familiar accent called as she gestured Mr. Huang to come outside. Mr. Huang blushed and cleared his throat. Darn, he had even forgotten what to snap at Tao.

The class cooed at him, teasing him but abruptly stopped when Mr. Huang yelled, "Be quiet, class! I'll be right back. Yes, Ms. Callista?"

The students gaped in shock. How in the world could he change his tone in a second?

"Seems like Mr. Huang likes our English teacher." One of the students pointed out and everyone nodded in agreement.

"You're safe for today, Tao-ya." Aerin uttered and punched his arm lightly. "I guess."

"When will the bell ring?" Aerin heard Sehun whined for the umpteenth time. It was History class already and everyone was hungry to death. "Stop whining. You're making me deaf." She snapped quietly, rolling her eyes.

Sehun wrinkled his nose and glared at her. "My voice is pure gold, you know. It could make everyone relax." He boasted with a gesture using his hands. Aerin scoffed in disbelief. "Said someone who horribly sang Row, Row, Row Your Boat in the bathroom this morning."

Sehun gasped. "Hey! It's not even close to horrible!" He defended.

"What is horrible, Oh Sehun?" Their History teacher asked. "My teachings?"

Sehun waved his hands and laughed awkwardly. "No, no, Ms. Jung. Your teaching is always the best." He said and made salutes using his thumbs, not forgetting to glare at his seat partner who made an 'L' shape using her hand, giggling like crazy.

 

"Um, why is everyone looking at me like that?" Aerin asked the ten guys as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "And could you guys stop smiling like that? It creeps me out."

Suho cleared his throat and wiped off his smile. "Do you not hear the gossip?"

"What gossip?" Aerin and Sehun asked in unison.

"Yesterday's lovely date and all."

"Yesterday's what?!" Aerin shrieked. Everyone in the cafeteria turned to look at her.

"Pssh. A forced date to be exact." Sehun said, rolling his eyes. "It was our moms' doing."

"Oh really?" The rest wiggled their eyebrows.

"Sorry to interrupt, but can I borrow Aerin for awhile?" A voice that Aerin really loved to hear asked. EXO narrowed their eyebrows at him, suspicious of why the hell did he want to borrow Aerin.

Feeling the suspiciousness from them, Taehyung wrinkled his nose. "Don't think that way please. I just want to talk to her." He said.

"I'll be right back guys. So, Taehyung-ah, where do you want to talk?" Aerin said, feeling excited all of sudden. Then, Taehyung brought her out from the cafeteria to talk.

Sehun rolled his eyes and put his palm on his chin. "What the hell does he want to talk about?" He mumbled.

The boys turned their heads almost suddenly at Sehun, making the latter jumped in surprised.

"Is our Sehun jealous?" Luhan teased as he ruffled Sehun's hair.

Sehun pouted and crossed his arms. "In your dreams."

Taehyung dragged Aerin in an empty classroom. "Are the gossips true?" He asked, staring straight at Aerin.

"About yesterday's date? No, no, it was just---"

"About you dating Sehun."

"a forced-- Me dating who?!" Aerin shrieked in horror. Taehyung flinched at her high pitched voice.

"Well," he scratched his head. "Sehun even said that yesterday, but I don't believe him."

Aerin quickly waved her hands. "No, we're not dating. We're enemies. So, no." She said, smiling a little.

"That's a relief." Taehyung softly muttered, but Aerin didn't catch it. "What?" She asked.

"Nothing...," he smiled sheepishly. "Can I have your number?"

Aerin blinked at him. Did he just ask for her number? "Sure."

Aerin then came back with a very very happy grin, confusing Sehun. Sehun raised a brow then leaned closer to her.

"Yah, why are you so happy? Did he ask for your number?" He asked.

Aerin froze. "How could you know that? Did you eavesdrop?!" She hissed.

"Like hell I would!" Sehun rolled his eyes. "It's just a guess, Ugly."

 

---

 

After taking a fresh shower, Sehun flipped his hair numerous times before getting out from the bathroom. He saw Aerin at her study table giggling like crazy while texting with someone.

He felt a pang in his heart, knowing who she was texting with. And he didn't even know why. He wasn't dumb. He had ever fallen in love before. What do people feel when they're in love, Sehun knows it all. And he was feeling it now.

I don't like Aerin, do I? No, I don't. You still love Minyoung, right, Sehun?

Seeing Aerin happily text with someone, Sehun really itched to snatch her phone away from her. And he did. He quickly shoved her phone in his pocket, so Aerin couldn't get it.

"Oh Sehun, give it back!" She yelled as she stood up from her seat. Sehun ignored her and plopped on the sofa. She followed him and silently cursed him in her mind. Suddenly, an idea crossed her mind.

"Sehunnie~" She called using her super aegyo voice. Sehun tensed at her unusual voice. She plopped beside him and scooted closer. "Give my phone back." She said.

Sehun cleared his throat and looked away. He knew her tactics; using her aegyo. Aerin is cute and beautiful, though. Sehun admitted that. To himself of course, he will lose his pride to Aerin if she knew. "But you have to grant 3 wishes from me." Sehun said.

Aerin secretly rolled her eyes, but remained her aegyo. "Fine, 3 wishes? Bring it on."

"Let's sneak out from school tonight." Sehun smirked. Aerin wanted to protest, but Sehun threatened her. "One word then say goodbye to your phone. Come on, let's go." He pulled her hand and grabbed his jacket before leaving their dorm quietly.

"Ugh, if we get caught, I'll blame you." Aerin said as she carefully followed behind Sehun.

"Trust me. We won't. All we need is to jump." Sehun said as if it wasn't a big deal for them to jump through the front gate.

Aerin sarcastically laughed. "Whoa, wait. We're not gonna jump, are we?" She asked while tugging the hem of Sehun's shirt.

In a blink of an eye, Sehun jumped through it easily. He sighed in satisfaction and dusted his pants. "Come on, jump. Don't worry, I'll catch you." He told Aerin who was too dumbfounded.

Aerin hesitated a bit and finally gave in. She started climbing and all she needed was to jump. "If you don't catch me, I swear I'll haunt you to death." She warned and Sehun rolled his eyes. "I promise."

She closed her eyes and counted to three.

1

2

3!

Here she goes..

"I can't! I'm scared!" Aerin cried while hugging the gate like her life depends on it.

Maybe not.

"Just jump already!" Sehun yelled, getting frustrated. "Fine, fine!"

Without warning, Aerin jumped and landed on Sehun's chest. Well, she jumped really hard, so Sehun stumbled to the ground with her.

"Geez, woman. You're so tiny, but you weigh like an elephant." Sehun snapped and got up, dusting his shirt and his pants once more. Then, he just realized what Aerin was wearing. A sleeveless red shirt and a pair of shorts.

"Shut up, butthead." She hissed and wrapped her body with her arms when a night wind blew past her.

Feeling bad for dragging her here, Sehun wrapped his jacket around her petite body. "It's cold." He boldly said.

Aerin blushed madly and hid her face. Because...., the action Sehun just did was what she really wanted to do with her future boyfriend. There it goes again, her heart was going budump, budump again. Unlike Sehun, Aerin knew nothing about love. She's got a lot confessions, but she always rejected them. She was so lack of love.

Sehun snapped his fingers in front of Aerin and she blinked. "Huh?" Sehun just rolled his eyes and blew a raspberry.

"I said what do you want to eat? My treat. Gosh, I've said that for the forth time!" Aerin oh-ed. Heck, she didn't even know when they'd arrived at a minimarket. "I want ramen."

While waiting outside the table, she wrapped Sehun's jacket tighter to her body. She could smell his scent around her and she somehow felt... safe.

Sehun then came out with 2 cups of ramen and 2 cans of soda. Aerin thanked him and broke the chopsticks into two. When they were finished, they just stayed there, not willing to leave yet.

Sipping his soda, Sehun glanced at Aerin, who was staring at the night sky. "Wah, the sky's so beautiful, isn't it?" Sehun randomly said, breaking the silence. Aerin just smiled and nodded.

There were times they didn't fight, didn't spit at each other, agreed with something, just like tonight. But when the morning came, they would be back to their normal selves.

They were even confused of what they were. Were they friends? They hung out together everyday and every time. Were they enemies? They fought over small things and sometimes spat at each other's faces. What are they really? Frenemies? Bestfrenemies?

 

[A/N]: Annyeong, lovely readers! :3 I updated~ sorry if it's really lame lol. Lastly, (HAHAHAHA) please leave a comment and don't forget to subscribe!<3