Bonding Plans

My Annoying Roommate

 

Chapter 5

Bonding Plans


 

 

"Lollipop freak."

"Crybaby."

"Feisty Ugly."

"What the..? Copycat!"

"Shorty."

"That's it. You're dead, butthead!"

Shaking their heads, the EXO boys minus Sehun almost gave up on their Jeju plane tickets and free food. Just when will the two sitting in front of them stop bickering and start bonding? Even the whole cafeteria was watching them like they were in a kdrama!

Suho massaged his temples and sighed. "Guys, stop it. Everybody's watching." He spoke with a leader-like manner.

Neither of them listened and kept bickering. Xiumin motioned his group to come closer. Aerin and Sehun were too occupied of their fight, so they didn't notice. "I think we need to start our plan." He started. "Let's start with plan A."

"What if plan A doesn't work?" Kai asked, not feeling confident at all.

"Move on to plan B, duh." Xiumin stated as he rolled his eyes at the latter.

"What if plan B doesn't work as well?" Chen asked.

"Then move on to plan C." Xiumin said through his gritted teeth.

"What if plan---"

"Stop," Xiumin held his hand out. "If plan C doesn't work, then move on to plan D, plan E, plan F, and so on until plan Z or even plan XYZABC." He said, getting irritated.

"Alright. Let's do this." Suho said while clapping his hands.

"Do what?" Aerin and Sehun, who didn't know a thing about their evil plan, asked.

They cleared their throats and nervously ate their food. "Nothing," Xiumin smiled awkwardly at them. "Just continue what you're doing."

Aerin raised her eyebrow and looked suspiciously at them. Sehun did the same too.

"What?" Baekhyun blinked innocently while stuffing his mouth with a spoonful of rice.

"Nothing," they chorused and ate too.

 

---

 

Bonding Time, Plan A: Make A Move

Baekhyun, Kai and D.O patted Chanyeol's back and pumped their fists, muttering fighting's. Chanyeol grinned and nodded before entering his class.

He remembered Xiumin's order. "Make Sehun jealous." It was just simple as that.

Now, now. Let's start.

Chanyeol took a seat beside Sehun and Aerin was in front of them. He had the same classes, such as Maths, English, Chemistry, Social studies and Literature with Aerin and Sehun. Unfortunately for Aerin, she had the same classes in all subjects with Sehun. God must love her so much.

Their English teacher, Ms. 陈婷婷 (read: chén tíng tíng), who preferred to be called Ms. Callista instead of Ms. Chen, Ms. Ting or Ms. Chen Ting *poke galaxyxoxo*, came in with her TOEFL and Vocabulary books in her hands. Fixing her glasses, she slammed the books on the table, startling everyone in the class.

"Everyone!" She hollered. "Hand in your assignments now!" Chanyeol tensed. Oh shoot. What homework? Ms. Callista clicked her tongue when she saw Chanyeol's expression.

"Mr. Park Chanyeol, did you forget again?" She asked in English, because she wasn't Korean. She came from Indonesia and went to SMHS to teach English. Chanyeol didn't get any of it, but he was sure she was asking about his homework.

"I, uhh.. don't know?" Chanyeol uttered while scratching the back of his head. The class burst into laughter. Ms. Callista shook her head and rubbed her temples. "Chanyeol, outside now. I've had enough."

With a heavy heart, Chanyeol brought his feet outside the class. Not forgetting to glare at Sehun, who was laughing his off, because that darn butthead never finished any homework.

Plan A: BIG FAIL.

 

 

Bonding Time, Plan B: Restroom Scene

Aerin was in the ladies' restroom doing 'you-know-what'. Just when she got out from it, several girls barged in the restroom fighting, or more like pulling each other's hair, swearing at each other. Aerin got in again and slammed the door shut. What in the world were they doing?

"Sehun oppa is mine! Back off---AHHH!" Girl 1 yelled.

Fighting over that butthead? Aerin rolled her eyes inside.

"You wish! He's mine!" Another girl shouted back while pulling the Girl 1's reddish-brown hair.

Meanwhile, outside, people surrounded the ladies' restroom, including Lay, Luhan, Tao and Xiumin.

"Do you think Aerin will get jealous?" Lay asked, feeling unconcerned.

"I'm not so sure, let's just wait." Xiumin answered, shrugging his shoulders.

Luhan and Tao just watched the fighting girls in amusement. The girls were actually just acting, Xiumin told them so. Who could resist the EXO charms anyway?

As promised, they did it for 10 minutes and Xiumin thanked them by giving them hugs. Hearing no sound, Aerin quickly got out and saw Lay, Luhan, Tao and Xiumin.

"Hey, guys. Did you hear the ruckus the two girls made?" She asked. The four guys nodded in unison.

She suddenly laughed. "God, they were fighting over butthead. How childish was that?!" The four guys sighed as they scanned her face. There was no sign of jealousy at all.

They awkwardly laughed and muttered, "Yeah." When they arrived at Aerin's class, she bade a goodbye, leaving the four guys lose hope.

"She laughed. She freaking laughed!" Tao made a gesture with his hands. "I knew it."

"Seems like we really have to say goodbye to our plane tickets." Luhan said. Xiumin wagged his finger. "No, no, no. We cannot give up just yet. It's still plan B anyway. We got thousands of plans."

They could only shrugged and go to their own class.

Honestly said, their plans were lame, like so so SO lame. Can't they try something more rated ones?

 

---

 

On this Sunday morning, Aerin's mom wanted to meet up with her. Aerin gladly accepted because she missed her mother so much. The bell rang, meaning there was a customer who just came in.

Her mother spotted her and waved her hand with a smile. Aerin saw her and immediately went to her mom, grinning widely.

"Mom, I missed you so much!" She said as she hugged her mom tightly. "Me too, Rin-ah." Her mom patted her head lovingly. As they broke the hug, they ordered a refreshing morning tea.

"Actually, I'm waiting for my childhood friend here." Her mom said as she held her cup of tea.

"Oh, so you came here not to see me?" She pretended to sound hurt. Her mother playfully rolled her eyes and said, "Of course not! I want you to meet her and her son."

"It's a she? I thought it was a he, you know. Like, your first love." Aerin joked and laughed at her own joke. Her mother only chuckled.

"So, how's school? Ah, who is your roommate? Is she beautiful?" Her mom eagerly asked. Aerin tensed at her mother's question. Damn it, I haven't told my mom about my roommate!

"Mom, promise me you won't get angry when I tell you this." Aerin pleased. Her mom looked at her, narrowing her eyebrows. "Why? You failed your exam?"

Aerin gulped, not knowing how to start. "You see, uhmm, because, uhh, nevermind." She closed her eyes then opened them again and took a deep breath. "Myroommateisaboy."

Her mom didn't catch it and titled her head. "You're speaking too fast, slow down." She said and absent-mindedly glanced at the main door. "Ji Won!" She called all of sudden, catching her friend's attention. Her friend noticed and went to Aerin and her mom. She came with a boy who was as the same age as Aerin.

Aerin, who was busy looking down, didn't realize her mom's friend and her son were sitting in front of her. Then, her mom's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

Aerin looked up to see a surprised Sehun. Her face expression was just like his. "What are you doing here?!" She asked. Both of their moms were surprised of course. How could they know each other?

"What about you?!" He asked back, already gaining other customers' attention.

"Hold on." Sehun's mom held her hand out. "Are you two perhaps classmates?" She asked, smiling playfully at Aerin's mom.

Aerin and Sehun both rolled their eyes in unison and said, "We're even roommates in our dorm."

Their mothers blinked at them, slowly processing what they'd said. "Roommates, you say?" Aerin's mom asked.

Aerin nodded. "That was what I wanted to tell you. My roommate is a boy. And that boy turned out to be this butthead."

Her mom narrowed her eyes at her and hissed, "Aerin, watch your words." Aerin just rolled her eyes.

Sehun's mom turned to him and said, "Sehun, you never told me about your new roommate."

Sehun shifted uncomfortably. Aerin's mom clapped her hands. "Alright, it doesn't matter to me since it's Sehun is my daughter's roommate, I don't think he could do anything bad to her."

Aerin rolled her eyes. Oh, you don't know, Mom. He is torturing me! Ugh, why is everything now related to him?!