The First Snow

My Annoying Roommate

Chapter 20

The First Snow


 

With his palm resting on his chin, Sehun watched his roommate sleeping soundly and peacefully. He would sometimes place his hand on Aerin's forehead to check whether the fever had gone down or not. It was almost 8 PM and Sehun skipped dinner which made his brothers worry about him because he didn't just skip dinner but lunch too. They understood that Sehun wanted to take care of Aerin but he should at least eat a meal. To be honest, the EXO boys were utterly hapy that Sehun was finally back to his oldself and started falling again after his hurtful break-up with Minyoung 3 years ago. Sehun would always deny that he wasn't falling for Aerin whenever they asked him. But, oh boy, his actions showed it all.

Brushing a strand of her hair off her eyes, Sehun unconsciously smiled at her sleeping face. She looked so calm when she was asleep, but when those pretty eyes were opened, there was no peace but World War II. For Sehun, that is.

"Dance show, huh?" Sehun talked to himself while playing with her hair. Out of the blue, Aerin's phone vibrated, telling us that there was a message. Being the curious butthead he was, he slowly and silently took her phone from the nightstand and unlocked it. She got a LINE message from Minah.

Have you asked Sehun?

Ask me about what?  He thought. But then, she messaged again.

Better be quick because I heard Sora is joining too!

He chuckled and shook his head as he took a glimpse of her sleeping figure. He finally understood what Minah meant. "So you're competing against Sora about the dance thing?" He said and typed back,

Already did and he said yes.

Smiling in satisfaction, he carefully place her phone back on her nightstand.

At the same time, Aerin stirred on her sleep and stretched her arms, completely startled the hell out of Sehun. He was actually in a position that was like hovering on top of her. Opening her eyes carefully, she blinked them several times before opening them entirely before they went wide like D.O's when they met Sehun's agonizing brown orbs.

Sehun was so lost into her eyes that he'd been staring at her. When does she become this beautiful?

Realizing what he was doing, Sehun awkwardly coughed and sat back down. Still blinking, Aerin nervously sat up on her bed and yawned.

"What were you doing?" Aerin snapped, her voice was quite hoarse because she just woke up. "What's with that position just now? Were you trying to take advantage of me?!" She instinctively hugged her petite body. Sehun rolled his eyes and harshly placed his palm on her forehead, making Aerin stumbled a bit. "The fever's gone," he simply said and went down to his own bed. He needed to get out before he could go crazy.

Aerin just sat there dumbly on her bed, unconsciously touched her own forehead. The feeling of Sehun's touch still lingered on it. Butterflies were flying happily on her stomach and she blushed. It was just a little skinship and it already brought her to cloud nine. Then she realized, was he taking care of her the whole day? Had he eaten? Had he taken a shower? She couldn't help, but to feel happy and worried.

Feeling curious anf excited all into one, she pushed her blanket off her and went down to look for Sehun. She nearly fell as she felt her both feet become numb, but thanks to her own reflex, she didn't. After all, she went down and found Sehun lying on his bed with earphones plugged on his both ears and his eyes closed. He wasn't aware of Aerin's presence. Yet.

Sehun wasn't exactly listening to the music. It was an act, he just wanted to act cool. Lol, no of course not. He was thinking.

Sehun had known Aerin for almost 3 years and they were always together wherever they go. They disliked each other but they both enjoyed each other's company. And why the heck did he kiss her on the forehead 6 hours ago? He felt jealous when she was with another man. Why? He was confused of his heart. If he were to like Aerin, why was he just feeling it now? Why not 2 years ago? Sure he admitted that ever since he met Aerin, he was slowly forgetting Minyoung, his ex-girlfriend who called him a little boy instead of a man. Ever since he met Aerin. his love life was back to normal, no heartbreaks but just freedom and happiness. To make it clear, Aerin brought him sunshine and even if she resembled of Minyoung, there was a total big difference between them.

 

Aerin likes carefree boys like him but Minyoung doesn't.

 

So, now, the only problem which mattered him the most was, did Aerin like him back?

 

Walking with tini tiny steps towards Sehun, Aerin pulled his earphones off, making the latter snapped his eys open. "Oh, sorry, you got shocked?" Aerin tried so hard not to laugh at his ugly shocked face. Sehun glared at the laughing girl and sat up. "At least just tapped on my shoulder," he complained and Aerin just shrugged.

"Have you eaten?" She finally asked after a not-so-lengthy pause. Sehun nodded, but soon whose stomach growled for food. Feeling embarrassed, Sehun coughed and shifted uncomfortably. "I only ate a biscuit."

Aerin giggled and shook her head in disbelief. That butthead. "Let's go out and eat," she suggested nervously.

"You're sick," Sehun said, furrowing his eyebrows. "Not anymore," she grinned. "Please? An ice-cream won't kill," she begged with her irresistable puppy eyes.

 

The next thing he knew, Sehun was already eating a jajjangmyeon at a local restaurant near SMHS like he'd never eaten one before. her vanilla-flavoured ice cream, Aerin chuckled at the sight in front of her. It seemed like he hadn't eaten for years and she found it cute. "Butthead, slow down or you might choke," she said after continuously her ice cream. Wiping his mouth with a tissue, he put the empty bowl aside and sipped his drink.

Silence.

Why is he ignoring me? Aerin thought and frowned. He's been ignoring every remark of mine.  Usually, when there were silence between them, just like now, Sehun would always retaliate her unuseful remarks until Aerin couldn't respond him back.

Sehun always avoided to meet eyes with her. Call him retarded, but he, himself, didn't know why whenever he met Aerin's beautiful orbs, heat rushed all over his face. It's not that he didn't want to, he couldn't.

Couldn't stand the awkwardness any longer, Sehun excused himself to pay the bill.

Aerin heaved a very long sigh. "What made him like that? Where's the usual dumb and annoying butthead?" She mutters to herself and stood up, leaving the restaurant, feeling slightly disappointed. She needed freash air to ease her mind.

Sehun, on the other hand, didn't acknowledge her leaving while paying their food. When he turned to the table which Aerin supposed to still be sitting at, he panicked and told the ahjumma to be quick, tapping his feet furiously. As he got out from the restaurant, he ran. He freaking ran. What if Aerin got kidnapped? What if she got into an accident? The possibilities had no end and if he couldn't find her, he swore he would stab himself.

He tried calling her but it always ended on her voicemail.

Aerin was sitting on a swing, swinging lightly while thinking. She shivered as the cold wind blew past her. "Darn, why didn't bring a coat along with me?" She complained and knocked herself with her knuckles. She sighed and took out her phone from her pocket because it was buzzing nonstop. When her phone screen opped Sehun's number out again, she rejected the call and switched it off, staring right at the moon.

Since that Sora came, it started to make a distance between her and Sehun. Aerin hated herself for being too late to realize her feelings towards Sehun. If she weren't, there might be a big chance for Sehun to like her back, no Sora dissuading between them.

But that was all impossible.

And then, it hit her.

What if Sehun already knew and that was the reason he was avoiding her because he still loved his ex? Did that mean she was rejected?

Aerin snorted. She was rejected. She was ing rejected. Why did it hurt so bad? Was this what Sehun felt when his ex girlfriend broke up with him?

She shouldn't have fallen for Sehun. They were enemies. Enemies couldn't like each other. They were not meant to be. Finally, a tear slipped down on her cheek as the snow started falling.

"I wish you knew, Oh Sehun."

"Knew..... what?" he asked, panting really hard.

 

 

 

311 SUBS?! OH MY GOD THANKSS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Sorry for the freaking short and weird update oh my god, I'm so sad right now. I have studied my off and all I got is got kicked out from my plus class, darn I'm so freaking sad. I and galaxyxoxo with my friends ing cried at school because we're now seperated. But thank God my gang is still one. Damn we cried for like 6 hours lol. And because of that, my phone is seized and i don't know when I will be updating again. Let's just wait....

Geez I'm so sorry. REMEMBER I'M NOT DELETING THIS STORY ALRIGHT. I LOVE YOU ALL SO I WON'T. I LOVE YOU!

 

CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY: Evanescence, featuring Oh Sehun again!