Stupid

My Annoying Roommate

 

Chapter 12

Stupid


 

 

It was lunch time. Aerin sat at her usual place --between Sehun and Suho-- in the cafeteria with the boys. They were wearing their casual clothes because the second day of the exam had passed 2 hours ago.

"You stupid Kim Aerin!" D.O yelled as he stabbed the poor steak harshly with his fork. Aerin just stared at her food like a lost puppy. Sehun had told them yesterday's incident. They were furious, of course. Aerin was like their dongsaeng to them. "You could've just left your bag and voila! You just saved your out of the water!"

Aerin looked up to D.O with dumb face and blinked. "Yeah... Why didn't I think of that?" She mumbled while scratching her head awkwardly.

The boys groaned and rolled their eyes at her. "Stupid!" They chorused.

"Hey! If you were on my shoes yesterday, you couldn't even think of that too, you toots!" Aerin scowled at them and puffed cutely.

"But thank God, Sehun saved you." Suho said while patting her back. Aerin blushed when she remembered he carried and even scolded her. Come to think of it, she hadn't said thank you to him. Yes, Kim Aerin. You are stupid.

"Sehun-ah," she called as she turned her head to face Sehun, who was staring at her. She gulped nervously. Why was she so nervous all of sudden? It was a piece of cake. Say thanks and done. But no, it wasn't easy for Aerin, her heart was beating rapidly and she had no freaking idea why. She mentally prayed to calm down her heart. "I, uhhh --"

"Speaking of the DEVILS, there they are." Kai boringly said while glaring at them. The girls misunderstood it and giggled. They thought Kai had interests in them. Hell ing no.

Aerin turned to Kai and followed his glare. She balled her fists and abruptly walked towards them, literally forgetting to do what she was supposed to do in the first place. The boys didn't stop her though, those es deserved some of her lessons anyway.

Yejin snickered when Aerin was in front of their table. "Well, well. Look who's here. Did you have fun yesterday?" Her minions laughed and hi-fived Yejin, except for Song Minah. She felt so guilty that she didn't dare to look at Aerin in the eyes.

Aerin clenched and un-clenched her fists and let out a sigh. Her eyes immediately bored into Yejin's. "Of course, I had SO much fun." She sarcastically said. "But don't you think it was too much? Pushing me in the water without any reason?! What did I ever do to you?!" Aerin burst out as she banged her hand on the table. The whole cafeteria stopped eating and watched them like they were filming a kdrama.

Yejin smirked while standing up from her seat. "Well, basically. You did nothing wrong."

Aerin grew hotter and hotter but calmed down a little. "So why did you do that?"

"Because you're a ." Yejin said casually and shrugged, earning some wows from her friends, but Song Minah shut them up and got deadly glares from her friends.

"A what? Excuse me, Yajeon. Doesn't that word suit you more?" Aerin scoffed and crossed her arms.

Yejin blew a raspberry and stepped forward. "Getting all the guys' attention with that filthy acting of yours? Isn't that what a does? By the way, it's Yejin not Yajeon." She said while twirling her brown locks.

Aerin rolled her eyes. "Whatever, I don't care, your names sounds horrible anyway." Yejin's blood boiled when Aerin insulted her name. "But filthy acting of mine? You serious, dude? I'm attending a normal school here, not an acting school. Use your brain, pooptart." That nickname made the whole cafeteria cracked up. Aerin glanced at the boys and they gave her two thumbs up, even Sehun, nodding in satisfaction. But then Aerin bitterly laughed at Yejin. "Are you perhaps jealous of me? Well, Yajeon--" "It's Yejin." She corrected through gritted teeth. "Yeah, right, Yejin. Well, for your information, it isn't acting. It is my natural charm. Unlike yours." Aerin clicked her tongue as she scanned Yejin head to toe.

Yejin's smirk was wiped off her face as she glared at Aerin. "Are you saying that I am fake?" Aerin shrugged casually. "I didn't say anything."

Glaring at Aerin, Yejin stomped her feet and left with her minions, not forgetting to say, "This isn't over, Kim Aerin." Song Minah bowed apologetically at Aerin and left with Yejin.

The students cooed and clapped their hands. "Nice one, Kim Aerin!"

"Kim Aerin! Kim Aerin!"

 

"That was awesome." Chanyeol exclaimed with his deep voice as he bump-fist Aerin. Aerin grinned and continued eating her food.

"I don't think she'll give up just like that." Baekhyun said and took a sip of his water.

"Well, she really needs to try hard to pick on me like this. Jesus, what is wrong with that girl?" Aerin uttered and sighed in desperation. "I've never got those harsh words in my whole years of school, you know."

Suho patted her head. "Just ignore them, Aerin. And don't worry, you got us here." He assured and Aerin smiled.

"UGH! That doesn't know who I am, does she?" Yejin gritted his teeth and splashed some water on her face. They were on a girl's restroom. "One phone call and she's out."

"But she might think that you plan to chicken out." One of her minions pointed out. "Yeah, you're right." Yejin nodded on the mirror.

"Yejin, I'm out of this." Song Minah blurted out. Yejin and her two friends blinked at her. "You're just too evil, I can't take this anymore. You and I are over."

Yejin snorted. "Fine, go all you want. Besides, I'm friends with you because I pity you. And because you're rich." Minah gawked at her. "You what?"

"You hear me." Yejin replied in a bossy tone and fixed her curly brown hair then applied some lip gloss on her lips.

Minah heaved a huge sigh and adjusted her glasses. "Wow, I guess Aerin is right. You're a ." She laughed bitterly and stormed out of the restroom, not forgetting to slam the door, scaring the girls inside.

Sehun was quiet for the whole time, today he didn't even talk to Aerin. Why did he do that?

He didn't know either.

He felt like he needed to protect Aerin since the incident yesterday. No matter what. What was this? He was supposed to hate Aerin. He was lying if he said his heart didn't skip a beat when he carried her yesterday.

"Yah, Sehun. Why aren't you talking?" Kai nudged the latter. "Huh?" Sehun snapped back to reality. "Nothing. I'll just go study first." He stood up and left to his dorm.

Aerin watched him go and her shoulders slumped. She wasn't used to this. She wasn't used to Sehun ignoring her. That it hit her, was he angry because she didn't say thank you to him?

"Guys," Aerin called while shoving her tray away because she kinda lost her appetite. "I need to go. I need to thank Sehun." She rushed out of the cafe, leaving the five boys dumbfounded.

"I thought she was going to say 'I need to confess to Sehun.'" D.O said with wide eyes while munching a bun.

"Sehun!" She yelled breathlessly. Sehun walked too fast, so Aerin needed to run to catch him up. Sehun turned around and met a breathless Aerin. He immediately walked towards her, afraid that she might pass out.

"Why are you walking so fast?!" She yelled and hit Sehun's shoulder. Her voice echoed around the hallway. "Yeah, right. So it's my fault now?" Sehun boringly said as he rubbed the spot which Aerin had just hit. Aerin gulped and looked down on her feet.

"Are you mad?" She nervously said. "You think?" Sehun annoyingly said and rolled his eyes.

"You are ignoring me, so I think you are." She mumbled as she fiddled her fingers. "I don't know what's the reason you're like this. But I am pretty sure it's because I didn't thank you, isn't it? Gosh, I'm sorry. So, so sorry. I just didn't have the guts to say it. We're always spitting on each other's face, so I think it'll be awkward because we've never thanked each other either. I just--- OW! That hurts, you prick!" She snapped when Sehun flicked her forehead.

"You're so stupid, Ugly. I think I'll start calling you Stupid instead of Ugly, from now on. Stupid suits you more." Sehun muttered while shoving his hands in his pockets.

Aerin glared at him. "Hey, I'm being wise here, butthead."

"Wise my ."

"Oh, come on! Shut up and let me finish!"

Sehun gestured her to continue. "Okay. Geez, I might lose my pride if I say the two words eight letters." She muttered the last part softly but Sehun caught it though. "Alright, thank you, Sehun. For saving me yesterday. If you didn't come, I would've been in heaven---" "Hell." "Shut up. I would've been in heaven right now. So, thanks." She smiled sincerely at him.

Sehun smiled too and nodded. "Actually, it wasn't the reason why I ignored you and everyone." He said honestly. Aerin titled her head in confusion. "I've just been thinking."

Aerin oh-ed and nodded. "Thinking about your ex-girlfriend?" She asked. Sehun tensed when she mentioned his ex-girlfriend. He was thinking of you, Kim Aerin, you stupid girl. "Yeah," he lied. No way he was gonna tell her that he'd been thinking of her.

"Oh," Aerin couldn't help but felt jealous a little. Shoving the jealousy aside, she put on a smile back. "Let's go outside, I'll treat you bubble tea!" She beamed and dragged him out of their school.

 

---

 

People were staring at the two, who were drinking their bubble teas and bickering nonstop. Yes, they were back to their normal selves.

"I think people are judging our improper outfits, you know, from the way they scanned us head to toe." Aerin said while glancing around the bubble tea shop. Sehun stopped drinking his bubble tea and looked around too. Some looked away when they were caught and Sehun mentally snorted.

He shrugged and exhaled. "Just let them be, what's so wrong with a plain t-shirt and a pair of pants?"

"Right."

"Today we match really well, don't we?" Sehun said.

"Yeah. We really do." Aerin said with a smile, which awestruck Sehun. He reddened and looked away, Aerin didn't notice it though. There it goes again, his heart beating rapidly without his permission. A part of him said he liked Aerin, but the rest denied it.

"Butthead," Aerin called as she waved her hand in front of him. "Hello?"

Sehun shook his head. "Yeah?"

Aerin pouted and huffed. "I said let's go home. Still thinking about your ex?" Her tone became irritated.

"N-No, it was something else." He stuttered. "Stuttering means you're hiding the truth." Aerin said with a proud grin. "Come on, let's go." She stood up and got out from the bubble tea shop with Sehun following behind.

"Wow, it's already 6." Aerin muttered as they started walking back to their school. "Can't believe we've stayed there for 4 hours."

They were walking together, almost like a couple-like, but not hand in hand. As they were strolling down the streets, they were joking, laughing and mostly smiling at each other. The feeling was new to Aerin. She felt so carefree whenever she was with Sehun. She felt safe whenever she was with Sehun. Mostly, she felt happy whenever he was around. Until someone had bumped into Sehun.

Aerin stumbled down on the floor because Sehun unpurposely bumped her from the impact, hurting her ankle while Sehun was glaring at the person who bumped them's back. He unconsciously shoved his right hand to his right pocket and found his wallet had been stolen from that person.

", that stole my wallet." He cursed and almost ran to the guy and beat the crap out of him, but when he saw Aerin wincing in pain while trying to get up, he didn't do any of it. He even forgot about his wallet when he saw her hurt.

"Are you okay? Can you stand up?" Sehun asked while kneeling down at her. "I think I can. Go get your wallet back! Quick, he is disappearing!" Aerin shouted as she pointed at the guy.

"And leave a girl here alone? It's so ungentleman of me." He commented. "Today is his lucky day, I guess. Come, climb up." He said while facing his back to her.

Aerin bit her lips nervously and hesitantly climbed up his back. She circled her arms around his neck and put her chin on his shoulder. When Sehun felt Aerin's breath on his neck, he shuddered. She was breathing on his sensitive spot.

"Am I heavy?" She asked as she felt him shifting uncomfortably. "Yes," he lied as he found the mood to . Aerin scowled and rolled her eyes. She saw her school's front gate and sighed. She didn't want to let go of Sehun yet. It felt so comfortable that she didn't know she was off to dreamland already.

When Sehun felt her grip on his neck loosened, he knew Aerin was asleep already. "What a pig." He chuckled.

Gently placing her on his bed, he stretched his body for a while and took a glance at her sleeping face. He smiled and yawned.

They both just slept and didn't eat dinner. Thus, they forgot to study for tomorrow's test too.

 

 

 

"Sehun!" Aerin yelled while slapping his cheek nonstop. Grunting softly, he sat up on the sofa --yes, he slept on the sofa--. "What?" He asked in a husky voice.

"Test's in 3 hours and we learned nothing!" She panicked. Sehun's eyes widened and he cursed, "Oh ."

"Yeah, oh ."

 

 

 

[A/N]: I'm planning to put some drama in the next chapter *evil laugh* please look forward to it ;) WOW 162 subbies?! OMG I love you!!!! I am lost for words, really. I could only say thank you though :') thank you thank you thank you :')

Leave some comments and don't forget to subscribe! ;) could you guys do me a favor?._. If you like my story, please kindly upvote (the arrow button on the foreword) this! ;) thank you my lovely readers!~