Confessions

My Annoying Roommate

 

Chapter 19

Confessions


 

Aerin's study lamp was still on and she was still reading and flipping the pages of her Civics notes and textbook. While her butthead was already snoring at his bed. They would have Civics test tomorrow.

Aerin hardly could concentrate because every time she tried to close her eyes and memorize the words, Sehun and her kissing scene always appeared in her mind. She blushed madly and shook the thoughts away.

"Damn it, Kim Aerin! Concentrate!" She scolded and knocked herself with her knuckles on her head. After sipping her late night coffee and slow-clapping her hands, she fixed her glasses and made a silent fighting to herself.

But...

She never did. That scene kept appearing and Aerin gave up on her Civics. "Whatever," she muttered. "I don't care anymore!" She shut her book and closed the lamps then went to her bed, completely not caring about her score anymore. She was a hundred percent sure she would fail it anyway.

The next morning, Aerin was already in her class, biting on her thumbnail nervously as she watched her brother distributing the test papers. Her brother ruffled her hair when he placed hers on her desk. "Good luck." He mouthed and winked at her. Aerin shook her hand below her chin, as if telling him she was dead.

On the other hand, Sehun was watching them enviously. He did know Aerin and Myungsoo only had brother-and-sister relationship, but he couldn't help the jealousy creeping inside him. Ugh, why am I jealous?

Sehun also couldn't forget about yesterday's kiss with Aerin. For him, Aerin's lips were soft and moist, making him want to kiss her again.

Sehun shook his head strongly, shoving the impossible thoughts aside. What the hell was he thinking now?

Nevertheless, he did the test easily as if he was eating a piece of cake.

"I'm so dead," Aerin lifelessly mumbled. Song Minah and her were heading to the school's swimming pool. "Aw, it couldn't be that bad." Minah tried to lighten her up.

"Oh yeah, it is that bad. Geez, I couldn't concentrate at all yesterday." Aerin complained as she sat down with her friend at the edge of the pool.

"Ohoho~" Minah teased. "Thinking about something or someone?"

Aerin reddened and Minah took it as a 'yes'. The wearing spectacles girl giggled and put her legs in the water. "Oooh, it is someone."

"No, it's not!" Aerin quickly denied and pouted, making the latter giggled again.

"Hey, if you denied something almost too quickly, it means that something is real." Minah cleverly pointed out and Aerin sighed.

"Fine. There is someone."

"Who is it?"

"Someone I hate the most." Aerin rolled her eyes as Sehun's image popped in her head. "But he doesn't fail to always make my heart flutter. Make my face red as tomatoes. He also took my first--" she stopped and closed with her fist because she almost spilled her very darkest secret.

"Wait," Minah took off her glasses and stared at the petite girl beside her. "He took your first kiss?" She asked as she widened her eyes. Aerin sighed and nodded. Seems like I couldn't hide it anymore...

"Oh my God! Who is this guy?" Minah squealed happily. "Your boyfriend?"

Aerin furiously shook her head. "Nope, he's my biggest enemy in the world. And the kiss, was an accident. I fell and bbuing bbuing. We kissed." She explained shortly.

"He's kinda like Sehun, you know." Minah said matter-of-factly. "Don't tell me you like Sehun?!" She snapped her head at Aerin.

Aerin's eyes almost fell from their place. How could Minah know?! "W-What? N-No!" She denied while stuttering.

Minah smirked and laughed evilly. "Stuttering means it's true~" she sang song and splashed some water at her friend.

"Yah! It's cold!" Aerin whined and glared at Minah. But Minah kept on splashing her water until Aerin said yes.

"Yes! Yes! I like him! I like Oh Sehun! Now please stop it!" Aerin half-yelled-half-laughed and returned splashing some at Minah too. Only giggles and splashes were heard around them.

And in the end, they were soaked from head to toe.

Little did they know that Taehyung was watching them from afar. His hopes were crushed just like that. So, he was indeed too late. Sehun is so lucky.

Actually, Taehyung was planning to confess to her today. But because of what he'd heard, he backed away. Why? Because he knew Sehun must have felt the same too. There was no doubt. From the way Sehun looked at Aerin, was different, like Aerin was the only one his eyes always laid on.

How could Taehyung know that? Because he is a guy.

And he looked at Aerin like that too. But Aerin was too dumb to realize. THAT I SHOULD'VE BROUGHT YOU FLOWERS AND HO-- oops sorry, got carried away hehe.

Taehyung sighed and took a pity look at the flowers he was holding. "Sorry man, maybe next time." He muttered and threw them away. Then, he left with a very broken heart.

Although the girls were soaked, they still didn't want to leave. They found the full moon was beautiful, so not yet.

"So, do you have any crush?" Aerin asked as she poked Minah's arm. Minah sheepishly smiled and nodded. "It's someone you're close to."

"Jinjja? Who is it? Tao, Luhan, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Xiumin, Lay, Ch---"

"Not the EXO boys," Minah cut her off with a laugh. "I'll give you a big hint." Aerin nodded. She was freaking curious to the core.

"He's in the basketball team."

Aerin thought for a while as she tapped her chin. "Hey, Chanyeol is in a basketball team too." Aerin pointed out.

"Told you he's not from EXO." Minah jokingly rolled her eyes.

Dumb Aerin is dumb. She was thinking so hard and Minah mentally yelled at her numb friend 'it is so easy!'.

Aerin flicked her fingers when she knew the answer. "Taehyungie?"

"Took you long enough to guess, huh, numb Aerin?" Minah joked and pinched her friend's both cheeks. The latter scowled and rubbed her cheeks. "Why does everyone like to pinch my cheeks? I think my face is getting longer." She complained.

"Anyway, how long have you liked him?" Aerin teasingly asked.

"For about 4 years now," Minah said and shrugged, as if it didn't matter to her.

"4 years?! And you guys haven't even dated?!"

Minah raised a brow at her. "Yeah... Why?"

"Geez, go confess already!" Aerin nagged like a mother.

"I'm scared." Minah admitted and sighed. "What if he doesn't find me attractive? Look at me, I look like a nerd. Yejin said I am ugly."

"Nonsense! You're beautiful just the way you are. Screw that stupid Yejeon. She's the one that has an ugly face," Aerin scowled again thinking of the stupid hard-faced bully. "If he rejects you then tell him to be your friend instead."

Minah laughed at her friend's words. "It's Yejin, Aerin-ah. But what if he doesn't want to be my friend?"

"No, he won't. Taehyung is not that kind of guy. He's sweet and caring, so there's no way he will reject your offer. And will you stop your whatif's?" Aerin said and playfully smacked Minah's arm.

"Alright, alright. I'll try. I want to confess on a special day. You know, Christmas Day is 3 weeks away. So, I want to give him something and confess." Minah rubbed her hands, feeling cold.

"Hey, that's a good idea!" Aerin beamed and clapped her hands like a little kid. "I want to give my friends and you, of course, some presents! Let's go shopping next week!"

"Okay, that's settled. And um, don't you want to confess too?" Minah asked as she gazed into the dark sky.

"To Sehun? Nah, I want him to confess first. IF he likes me too. But I guess, he doesn't. He has Sora and that girl likes him so much. That bothers me a lot actually. I'm afraid we couldn't be as close as we used to be anymore." Aerin sadly explained. Yes, it bothered her a lot. She was afraid that she could lose Sehun although he wasn't Aerin's in the first place.

"Ooh, yeah, that Sora girl." Minah patted Aerin's back. "Be patient, Aerin-ah. Maybe he just sees her like his younger sister. Be positive." She smiled.

"I hope so."

Minah flicked her fingers as she remembered something. "Our school will celebrate Christmas Day together! There sure will be dinner and performances."

"Really? Wow, this school is amazing. How could you know about that?" Aerin asked and played with the water using her hands.

"I'm the vice school president, you know." Minah proudly said and grinned.

Aerin raised her brow, completely not buying her words. "Really?"

Minah's grin fell and rolled her eyes. "Okay, I'm actually the vice school president's assistant." She confessed and grinned again. "Anyway, I heard that there will be a dance performance for a couple. And the contestants will be auditioned."

"So?"

"So, I'm suggesting you now before the whole school knows about this tomorrow."

"Yeah, so?"

"Go get that role with Sehun, you idiot!" Minah glared and smacked Aerin's arm, making the latter winced.

Aerin thought about it. It was actually a brilliant chance. A chance to be together with Sehun. "I'll think about it." She finally said. "Let's go back, it's getting cold."

Minah nodded. "Okay, let's go. Oh, remember, if you don't ask him tonight, Sora is waiting~" she said, smirking and ran away.

"This girl..." Aerin shook her head while chuckling. And then she stopped. Wait, Minah was right! Sora could take him away since she could dance ballet too!

And she ran.

Aerin abruptly opened the door, making Sehun jumped on his bed. He was sleeping before Aerin suddenly barged into their dorm like that.

Sehun didn't complain anything and went back to sleep. It was still awkward between them after the kiss incident. Aerin sighed and slowly made her way towards Sehun's bed.

"Yah," she called and sneezed. Sehun opened an eye, but shut it again. Then, Aerin sneezed again and again, worrying him, so he got up.

"What? You okay?" He asked. There. The first ever conversation they had after the incident two days ago.

Aerin only nodded and crinkled her nose. "Um, I, uh, was wondering, if you-- HATCHUUU~" she sneezed again. It was when Sehun realized she was wet.

"Go change your clothes," he commanded. "Why are you this wet?" He asked and wrapped a towel on her hair, drying them. Aerin looked down, avoiding his stare or else he could see her blushing face and to death.

"Playing with Minah," she mumbled. "I can do it by myself. I'll go change first."

Inside the bathroom, Aerin's heart started beating like crazy again. It was always like that whenever Sehun did something sweet to her. Calm down, heart!

After she was done, she got out and found Sehun lying on his bed, sleeping with his mouth open already. She sighed and facepalmed herself. Maybe tomorrow.

Aerin's head felt really heavy as she woke up. She didn't know why. Plus, she felt dizzy and her body felt really hot. was sore too. She groaned softly.

Sehun, who was fixing his school uniform, glanced at his roommate. Weird. She was always up on time. Why wasn't Aerin up now? Feeling curious, he went up to her bed and saw her body sweating because of who-knows-how. He shook Aerin and panicked when he felt how hot her body was.

Sehun didn't know what to do to cure a sick person, so he quickly filled water to a small bowl and brought a towel. His mom always did that to him whenever he caught a fever, so he just followed.

He then put the not-so-wet towel on her forehead. "Stupid Aerin." He muttered and covered her with her blanket. In the end, Sehun didn't attend classes. For him, Aerin is more important than studies.

He always wash the towel with cold water whenever the towel already felt hot due to Aerin's heat for everyone 30 minutes.

"Why does it hurt so much when I see you lying here and not doing anything?" Sehun mumbled as he brushed her hair off her eyes. "Do I perhaps like you?"

Yes, you do, Sehun. You really do.

It was almost 3 pm, so Sehun woke her up so she could eat the porridge and medicine he had bought for her.

Actually, the infirmary could take care of Aerin but Sehun refused to do so. He wanted to cure Aerin all by himself, so he made up some stories like Aerin has a trauma of seeing a doctor's white blazer to his teacher. She could scream if she saw it. Of course, it was purely a lie.

Aerin stirred and groaned softly, rubbing her eyes and pouting her lips, which made Sehun want to kiss her senseless. Snap it out, Oh Sehun! She is sick!

"Sit up. Here, I'll feed you." Sehun calmly said and blew a spoonful of the porridge to cool it down. Aerin cocked her head to the side, still not believing that Sehun was really taking care of her. "Say ahh~" he cooed.

Aerin hesitantly opened and he slipped the porridge in. And he continued again and again until it was done.

"Shouldn't you be in class now?" She asked, slightly feeling guilty. He skipped classes just for taking care of her. She felt touched. And guilty as well.

"Never mind that," he said while giving her some tablets of medicine and a glass of water. She took them and gulped them down. "They'll make you sleepy again. So, sleep well." He smiled and covered her with the blanket. Before he could leave, Aerin grabbed his wrist. Sehun gave her a confused look. She just smiled. "Thank you." She said sincerely.

Sehun chuckled and nodded, waving it off. Before he could go down again, Aerin held his wrist tighter, making the latter gave her another confused look.

"Yesterday, what I wanted to say is that, uh, I'm wondering if you would want to be, ummmmmm, my, *cough* dance *cough* partner? *cough*" Aerin shyly asked.

Sehun stared at his sick roommate, still processing what she'd said on his mind. "Your dance partner?" He repeated. Aerin nodded and let go of his wrist, yawning and feeling sleepy. Seemed like the effect was taking up already. "For Christmas Day party?" He asked. Aerin nodded again.

"Look, if you don't want then, I'll ask---"

"Fine, let's do it." Sehun cut her off. He really didn't want anyone to dance with her, especially if the person was Taehyung. Aerin beamed and he was glad that he finally made her happy. "Thank you!" She said sincerely again and slowly drifting off to sleep.

Sehun chuckled and kneeled down on her bed. "Have a good night sleep, my one and only Stupid Aerin." He whispered and kissed her forehead.

EEEEEEEEPPPPP FINALLY THE SHIP SAILED. OH WELL ALMOST SAILED. GEEZ THIS CHAPTER HAS NO AERIN AND SEHUN BICKERING MOMENTS WOOHOOO. BY THE WAY, TO MY INDONESIAN READERS, IS ANYONE OF YOU GOING TO WATCH TLP IN JKT?! IF THERE IS I HATE YOU! Lol kiddiing, I love you too much! :* this is what I hate the most not living in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia -_- EVERY INTL ARTISTS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A CONCERT OVER THERE FML

Sorry for my BIG complain. Oh my lord lol ANYWAYS, WHO IS/ARE YOU BIAS/BIASES IN RED VELVET? ME WENDY AND JOY :D yours?

Um, if you like my story please kindly upvote My annoying roommate :D

CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY: Evanescence, featuring Oh Sehun again! *throws confetti*