Comforting Each Other

My Annoying Roommate

 

Chapter 9

Comforting Each Other


 

 

"Aerin," Kai called. It was 9 pm and Kai paid a visit at Aerin and Sehun's dorm. He needed to tell Sehun about EXO-M's leaving. "What?" Aerin popped her face from the edge of her bed, startling the latter who was lazying around on the bed with Sehun. Sehun was busy playing his COC as usual. I don't know what's so fun with that game, my friends played it. Even girls -_-

"Do you have trouble making friends with girls?" Kai asked while joining Sehun too. Aerin shot him a look. "I mean, I haven't seen you talking with girls since you moved here." He shrugged and Sehun leaned in to Kai, whispering something but loud enough for Aerin to hear.

"She's so ugly, that's why nobody wants to befriend with her."

"I heard that, Oh butthead Sehun. Thanks for the compliment." She said with a hint of sarcasm and rolled her eyes.

Kai laughed and shook his head in disbelief. "Shut that, Sehun. So, do you have any in your previous school?" He asked.

Aerin unwrapped a lollipop then plopped it inside before going down to Sehun's bed and sat at the edge of it. "I do and I miss them." She mumbled. "Oh shoot, I haven't called Hye Jin for two weeks!"

"You're still in contact with that nonstop nagging ahjumma?" Sehun asked, eyes still focusing on his phone.

"Why not? She's always there when you annoy me! How can I forget about her?" Aerin pouted.

Sehun shrugged and soon cursed. "Darn! I'm being attacked!" He threw his phone and sighed. Kai patted his back and laughed. "You must be loved by everyone in your school, huh? Since you're cute." Kai said with a chuckle.

Aerin blushed and her lollipop. Sehun made a face and grumbled. "Why is everyone saying this Ugly is cute?"

Aerin shot a glare at him. "Because I am." She retorted confidently.

"Guys, shut it. My head hurts hearing you fight." Kai rubbed his temple and kicked Sehun's . "The EXO-M is leaving tomorrow and here you are bickering nonstop." He complained.

Sehun sat up right away and Aerin stopped her lollipop. "What do you mean?" They both asked.

Oh, shoot. Kai cursed and inhaled sharply. He then explained to them about their sudden leaving.

"You knew this a week ago and hid it from me?" Sehun uttered, slightly felt hurt. He couldn't accept the fact that his hyungs, whom he had spent his whole life with would be leaving tomorrow. And what's worse was that Kai told him the day before their leaving. If they told him earlier, he could've spent his days with them instead of bickering nonsense with Aerin.

Aerin could just keep quiet and stare at Sehun. She understood him. She was also sad. Tao and Luhan had been the closest to her and now, he had to leave for 2 months.

"Their flight is at 1 tomorrow, you could still spend some time with them. So, bye?" Kai quickly said and rushed out of the room.

Sehun was so heartbroken. His hyungs were leaving. His favorite hyung, Luhan, was leaving. Tears started forming in his eyes, but he blinked his eyes rapidly. He must not cry. Not in front of Aerin. He's a big guy now.

Aerin just silently watched him. She'd never seen Sehun this upset. Should she comfort him or should she just ignore him and act like it was no big deal?

The next thing she knew, she was slowly approaching Sehun. Sehun quickly wiped his pre-tears away and mumbled, "I'm not crying." Aerin rolled her eyes and.

"You really are a baby." She muttered, holding back a giggle.

"I'm not." He said while hiccuping.

"See?" Aerin sighed and patted his back, comforting him. She didn't expect him to cry louder and she was sure shocked. A manly brat like him was crying.

"Hey," Aerin called. "Don't cry. Geez, the rest wasn't even that sad like you."

"You don't understand!" He whined between the hiccups.

"I do! I know how you feel, but please act like a man. Crying is so not you." Aerin retorted with an eye-roll.

Sehun cried even louder and mumbled Luhan's name.

"Seriously, butthead. How old are you? Five? Luhan's only going to China." Aerin had no choice but to hug him. "Come on, stop already."

"Luhan h-hyung i-i-is the c-closest one t-to me." He started.

Aerin intensely listened to his childhood story and just nodded in understanding. She really wanted to laugh her head off, but that might just hurt the baby Sehun. She was now like a mom soothing his son who had just got bullied by his classmates. Sehun was hugging her like a chimpanzee and Aerin was caressing his back. He had stopped crying but his body was still shaking.

Not for long, Sehun finally felt asleep. Aerin mentally did a parade and struggled from Sehun's hug. Sehun's eyebrows furrowed and hugged her tighter when he felt something-- someone moved. Aerin silently cursed and gave up. Covering the blanket around them, she closed her eyes and drifted to dream lan.

 

 

 

The bright sunshine made Sehun's eyes burn and he groaned huskily. He was up, but still not getting up from his bed. When he felt his plushie moved, he was alarmed.

Darn, it was Aerin.

And he was hugging her. His eyes widened and remembered what he did last night. He hid his face in embarrassment when he did. Aerin was gonna to death because of yesterday's scene. Damn it, he cursed. He was about to wake her up, but when he saw her sleeveless top was revealing her milky white neck and perfect collarbones, he gulped. His face heated up, but he still looked at them. He then moved his eyes to her face and her morning messy hair. Her long and curly eyebrows, her sharp nose, her tempting neck--- Shut it, Oh Sehun. You look like a ert! ---Her slightly puckered lips made him want to kiss her senseless. Get yourself together!

Then, he realized she was just wearing shorts that showed her long milky white legs. He gulped again and he couldn't look away. Damn it. Just look away, will you? He scolded himself.

When she stirred from her sleep, Sehun snapped back to reality and woke Aerin up.

"Yah, wake up! We need to send my brothers off!" He shouted and that made Aerin jumped on her his bed.

"You ungrateful brat," she hissed. "Just wait when I tell them about you yesterday." She said with a sleepy smirk and left to the bathroom to wash up.

Doomed.

 

 

"Taoya, can you not go?" Aerin cried when they had to enter the boarding room. Tao smiled weakly at her and hugged her once more. Aerin had been so close to him and it was hard for her to let him go. Okay, sounds so dramatic but it's true. Whilst Sehun was hugging Luhan like he's never coming back forever.

The rest just watched them in a boring manner. When their flight was called again, Tao and Luhan let go of them and waved.

"We'll be leaving now, take care my dongsaengs." Luhan said while waving at the EXO-K boys and Aerin and got in the boarding room.

Aerin waved at the rest and shouted, "Lay oppa chu chu~" Lay turned back and laughed. "Chu chu~" he replied back with a blow kiss.

"Have a safe flight Squishy oppa, Chen chen, Pantao, Lulu oppa and Laychu oppa!" She shouted again and the EXO-K boys hid their faces in embarrassment, telling the people staring at her they didn't know her.

"Ugly, stop it. You're embarrassing us here." Sehun grumbled in annoyance. Aerin shot him a look. "Says someone who cried in my arms a whole night yesterday."

Sehun pinked and turned to the boys who had smirks plastered on their faces. Sehun pinked even more and muttered, "Whatever. I'm leaving first."

"Did he really cry?" Chanyeol asked while laughing.

Aerin nodded and laughed along.

"Geez, he hasn't changed, has he?" Kai stated and rolled his eyes.

"He still has his baby side of him," Suho added. "Now, let's leave."

Before she knew it, she was at an Italian restaurant with the boys. Sehun sat beside her, still frowning. Yeah, who wouldn't? His pride was now gone because of the prick beside him, Kim Aerin.

"Yah, Sehun-ah. Stop frowning, 2 months will pass really quick. So, smile, will you?" D.O said as he clicked his tongue at the latter.

Aerin looked up to him and giggled. "I guess that's not the case."

Everyone laughed as they remembered again and Sehun frowned deeper.

"Ugh, shut it, guys! I'm hungry!" He whined and snatched the menu away from Aerin.

"Hey, I read it first!"

"You're busy laughing at me, when did you have time to read it?"

"But I'm the one who got it first!"

"I don't care, Ugly." He said and stuck her tongue out.

Aerin huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Meanie."

"Aerin?" A familiar voice called. Aerin looked at the person and a big grin appeared on her face.

"Hye Jin?!" She shrieked happily as she stood up, gaining some attention from the customers. They hugged each other and their smiles hadn't faded away. Aerin invited her and her friends to join them, which the boys didn't mind at all.

"So," Aerin started. "These are my friends. Hye Jin, Yura and Jiyeon." She introduced them to Kai, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O and Suho. Sehun already knew them though. The boys greeted them politely and introduced themselves too.

"What deed did you do in your past life to have these heaven boys as your friends?" Hye Jin whispered to Aerin as she lightly slapped her arm. Aerin rolled her eyes and whispered back. "They're awesome though. Except that stupid butthead." She stabbed the steak as she mentioned Sehun's nickname.

"But still," Hye Jin smirked. "Oh, look at the time. We're late for the movie!" She suddenly gasped. Aerin pouted. "You have to go already?"

"Unfortunately, yes. I'll call you later. Good bye!" She flashed a smile before leaving with her 2 friends.

"Bye.." Aerin whispered. "They didn't even invite me."

The boys sensed her sadness and immediately tried to make her happy, but failed miserably.

Sehun, on the other hand, felt sorry for her. He knew it right from the start that Hye Jin and her friends just befriended with her because Aerin was popular, but she was too dumb to realize.

She stood up, confusing the boys. "I want to leave first, you guys have fun." She said and smiled a little. Sehun predicted that Aerin was about to cry soon.

"I'm going with you," Sehun said without thinking twice. "Come on." He intertwined their fingers and left the restaurant.

"Let it all out." Sehun said all of sudden when they reached a bus stop. Aerin didn't reply and just stared blankly at the ground.

"Aerin..." He softly called and touched her shoulders. Aerin finally looked at him in the eyes when he called her name.

And just like that, she broke down.

Sehun sighed before pulling her into his chest. He knew it. They stayed like that for half an hour. People walking past them were wondering what happened to the girl. Sehun ignored them and just comforted her.

"Whoa, did you see that?" Chanyeol gaped. "Sehun's like Kim Tan, you know? Pull her hand and drag her out like that."

"Hyung, seriously, you watched too many kdramas." Kai complained.

"Seems like he really has moved on. But he just didn't realize it." Baekhyun said.

"But, poor Aerin. Best friends don't do that to each other." D.O said sadly.

"Screw her friends, she has us." Suho wisely said with a proud grin.

They all nodded in agreement. "I bet Sehun's now patting her back like how So Ji Sub did when Gong Hyo Jin saw the water ghost." Chanyeol added.

4 pairs of eyes glared at him and he blinked, "What?"

"You seriously need to stop watching those. I think they've corrupted your mind." Baekhyun said.

"Here's the bill." A waitress came with a bill handed to them.

Suho, being the oldest took it and scanned the bill. His face changed when he was how much the bill was. He hesitantly took out some cash from his wallet. The waitress accepted it and bowed.

"Hyung, why are your face like that?" D.O asked.

Suho gritted his teeth before saying,

"They just went out like that without paying their food first. Now, I'm completely broke."

 

 

 

[A/N]: So so so sorry for the very lame and short chapter :( I was kinda busy today, but I still managed to update anyway haha! Leave some comments and subscribe juseyo~ upvotes will be awesome ;) Love you lovely readers ♡