Ice Prince

Naeun's Diary

 

“Sorry for the negligence of my staff, Miss”, Lee Taemin bowed to his patient.

“I think you must careful to choice your nurse, since I’m considering you and we know each other for long…”, she smirk to him, “I will forgive it… but this is a warn for you, handsome”. She walks to the door with her fancy dress arrogantly.

He sighs. He sits and takes a sip of water. He takes a glace to his nurse. “I already told you, don’t leave your mind in your house, this is not the first time, but I will make sure this is the last”, he smiled to her.

“I am sorry Doc, I will no..not make mistake again”, she put her head down.

“You don’t have to promise to me”, he stood up.

She lifts her head and looks at him. She is little confuses.

“Just make this promise to your new place, you are fire”, he said with cold smile.

Without her notice a tear just fall from her eyes, “b-but Doc..”

“ssstt…”, he placed his finger on his lips, “please, you can cry as much as you want but not in front of me, I hate to see a crying woman”,

When she walks to the door, she said, “All this time thank you for your guidance Doc”, she bows to him.

 He just answers it with reading a few of medical record on his table. He sighs. He takes a phone, “call Miss Jung to come to my room”. He said to receptionist.

Miss Jung knocks the door and enters the room.

“Ya! You just fire a nurse Lee Taemin! You know it’s already third times!”, she scold him. The only one can scold him beside his Mom is her, Jung Eunji.

“How dare you scold me in my office?”, he is low his voice.

“This is my office too, you know!”,

“This is your fault to not pick the best nurses for me”,

“I already had, but I think they didn’t the best for you”, she walks to the door.

“Hey! We are not finished talking yet!”

“My job here as an accountant, not as your slave for hiring a nurse, fix your problem by your own”, she smirk to him as she walks away”

“Aisshh..She has no mercy, I wonder why Jun Myeon hyung patient with her personalities” , He murmured

He scratch his hair, “how can I work without a nurse?”.

He gets the phone again, “how many patient outside?”, he talked to receptionist.

“Just one Doc, she said she want to Scaling1

“Alright, I don’t have any appointment for VIP right?”

“Let me check first….No, Doc”

“Call Miss Jung again and tell her this is an order”

“o..okay Doc”,

He put the phone and walks to Dental chair. He wears rubber gloves and takes the necessary tool for next treatment from Autoclave2 . He places it on the table of dental chair.

He smiles as he remembers, “Its feel I’m back to my memory as student, doing this thing by your own”.

“Why you call me again”, Eunji entered the room and walked toward him.

“Wear this”, he hands on the face masker and rubber gloves to her, “first, wash your hand, dry it, and wear this”, he pointed the rubber gloves.

“Why I need to do this?”, she bewildered.

“You must help me, I can’t work alone”

“At least you learn one thing you cannot work alone so appreciate people that helped you”

“Can you just do it? I don’t need your advice now”

“So stubborn”, she frowns but she is still doing what he orders.

“What I must to do?”, Eunji said as she wears a rubber gloves.

“Just hold this sucction3, place it on patient mouth”.

“Just it?”

“yeah…just it”,

He said to her, “call the patient…”
 

 

***

Monday, 16 December 2013

I like winter. There is no reason behind that. It’s same when you love someone,  no need a reason. Every year I come here, there is a big tree in this park and a story behind that. It keeps my secret and I will let you know.

There is one day, on December 2008. Mom told me don’t interfere Dad when he speaks. She always reminds me to obey all his favors. She said, “He did for your best, honey”. But I know the best for me, this path was not my desire. I didn’t want to be a Doctor like him.

I still remember that time,

“Naeunah, what’s your choice for your next studies?”, I put my head down and stared my dinner.

“I want…”, I hesitated to say it, I wanted to took a literature or art major, but I knew he asked me for formalities, he already had planned for me.

“I hope you become a Doctor like me”, he smiled at me.

How can I break that fatherly smile, up till now, I never disappointed him.

“mm..the truth is..I want take another major Dad”, I took a glance to him and bite my lips.

He paused and looked at me. He put his chopstick at table. He just said, “After this dinner, come to library”, yeah we have a library to put all his books, and just little books of my own and my sister there.

Mom just took a glace to me and Saeun enjoyed her food, she didn’t know what’s happened, she was too young, she was 10 years old, but one day she will feel what I feel.

After dinner I followed him to library.

He took a seat on his reading chair. The big black leather reading chair that placed on the left corner. I sit on the short chair in front of him. It was made me feel more inferior toward him.

“What major do you want to take?”, actually he didn’t care about my option.  

“May I take another major?”, I said to him.

“You already know my answer honey”, he smiles and walk to the door. The conversation ends. He always takes a decision like this. He never gives me a chance to ask. He never listen what I want.

“Dad…”, I looked at him but he just facing me with his back. “Can I have a choice?”

He turned his body and stared me, “I want to but this way is the best for you”.

I looked at him with teary eyes, I let my word just stuck to my throat, I nodded to him.

He approach me, “Good girl”, he caressed my hair, “one day you will understand this is the best choice”.

“Wipe your tears, big girl don’t cry”, he said as he walked to the door and leaved me.

He loves his family, but he is cold. I doubt Mom already melt his heart. All this time I know, Mom always stands by him, no matter what he said.

After that conversation I ran from my house. I feel suffocating. I need a little fresh air from pressured that Dad already did to me.

I walked to the park nearby my house. Christmas would be coming in 11 days, in my walked to there, there are many trees and building was decorated by Christmas stuff.

I still remember, there is a big tree on the centre of park filled with beautiful decorated.

Since it’s already late, 11 p.m,  just few people on there. Slowly snows fall from the sky.

I looked to the sky, why Dad can’t be as snow?

It may be cold, but it’s tender. 

That snow reached my cheeks replace the wet that already made by tears.

I looked to the left, I saw a boy standing like I did and looked at the sky too. I just stared him, he wore white sweater with white wool scarf, and he ped his black parka. Why he looked the sky too long? I was surprised. His tears already wet his cheeks.

Was he like me? Felt the world against you?

He put down his head and looked to his right. Our eyes met, but there is something when I see his eyes.

I know that stare, that eyes, my Dad sometimes have it too.

It was cold, colder than temperature now.

Why? What was this feeling? My heart beat faster than normal.

Like five years ago,

Today I hope I see him again,

 

 My Ice prince…

 

 

--Sunflower—

 

 

 

 

1. Scaling is a treatment to remove or eliminate dental plaque, stain or calculus.

2. Autoclave is a device used to sterilized equipment and supplies by subjecting them to high pressure saturated steam.

3. Suction is the flow of fluid into a partial vacuum, or region of low pressure.

 

Sorry for grammar and spelling mistake,

hope you like this chapter^^

happy reading..