Reconciliation

Naeun's Diary

 

Taemin drive his car while glance at Naeun few times. He feels sorry for her which makes her suffer. Her fluffy eyes showed she was cried hardly and she looks pale.

Naeun give him a silent treatment since they was in Jun Myeon café. Barely not talk anything just cried in his chest, hold his waist tight. Deep in her heart, she miss him even though it was just one night has passed it’s been a long night for her as she never see him again.

“Do you already have a lunch?”, Taemin broke the silent.

Naeun doesn’t reply it and just bent down her head, playing with her rosary ring. But a few second her stomach start growling, she holds her belly due to cover its sound but failed, he heard it as he chuckled.

 “What do you want to eat?”, Taemin said.

She curses her stomach which can’t cooperate well with her, it makes her more embarrassed but she still tied her tongue and doesn’t give an answer.

“mmhh…okay”, he said.

Taemin keep driving his car and stop at restaurant side of road. He gets off from the car then turn around to open her door. He gives her a sign to get off from her seat. But she is quite like statue, doesn’t want to move.

Taemin feels frustration. He grabs her shoulder and holds the back of her knees; force her to get off from her seat as he carries her with bridal style and closes the door with his feet.

Naeun gaps with his sudden action, “Just put me down now!”.

“I won’t until we reach at restaurant”.

As they enter the restaurant, Naeun feels shy as everyone in there stares them, “Oppa, you’re really embarrassing me right now, put me down, we’re already in restaurant”.

“Not yet, until we reach at our seats”.

 He puts her down on her seat and he sit in front of her.

 After a while an Ajumoni approached them as she give a menu, Taemin takes it and choose menu for them, “since you won’t say anything let me handle it”, he said. He chooses two meat soups.

He gulps a glass of water while keep stares at her.

Naeun steal a glance to him but suddenly put away her eyes as she knows Taemin stares her too. What should I do?, she thinks. There are many things that she wants to talk to him but it seems is locked by something.

Their order comes, Taemin raise his spoon as he puts it in his mouth, starts eating. After a while, He looks at her who still stares blankly at her meat soup.

He closes his eyes a second take a deep breath and stands up, move to sit beside her.

“Should I feed you?”, he took a spoon of her soup and blow it slowly. 

“Ah..”, he instructed her to open .

But she still shut .

He puts the spoon and sighs. He cupped her face in order to face him. She puts away her eyes, don’t want look at his eyes.

“Look at me, I’m still loving you and I don’t angry anymore. I understand the reason you did that, so please…please don’t act cold at me, I can’t help it”.

Her tears start falling again and he brush it with his hand, “Naeunah don’t cry, my heart hurt to see you cry”.

She stops crying as she says, “I am sorry”.

“It’s okay”, as he hugs her.

She sobs in his shoulder, “I want to tell you about that but…”.

“Sstt…”, he release the hug, “you don’t need to explain anything, okay”, he said while caress her cheeks.

She nods and smiles.

 

***

 

After lunch, Taemin bring her to the precious place for him. That place is near at their previous house, in  Gyeyangsan, Incheon. 

There is an empty house which has a large garden at it behind. There is a huge Ginko tree which beside it is stands a swing, because its winter so all its leaves was fall. From there their can see scenery from above because that house is the highest place in there.

“’Whua…if its night, it must really beautiful”, Naeun amazed with the view.

“Not just that, when I was young, there were many fireflies here, I hate to admit it, they were beautiful, but I was too afraid at them so I just look at them from there”, he pointed a big window in the house.

“Are you an Entomophobia1 ?”, she asked.

“Yeah, I hate bugs, any kind of bugs”.

She laughs.

“Why you laughing?”.

“No, All this time, I thought you are a perfect man, it’s funny to find your weakness side”.

“Yeah, you’re the one of my kindness”.

“What?”, she confused. She doesn’t understand why he said she is his weakness?

He just gives her a smile.

 She just end up ignoring her thoughts about it, “So, what is this place?”, she asked him while she sit at swing.

“That house was my father laboratory, because he spend almost his time here so I always played here” .

“And has this swing same age with you?”

He nods, “Mom said, Appa built this for me when I’m still in my mom’s womb”.

He sits on the bench near her as stares blankly upfront as he remembers the happy and sad memories.

“Do you know, I even didn’t have a father who accompany me went to school or father who spends his holiday with his son, such as went to the zoo or went to picnic. Even just bath together in Sauna room, I don’t have those memories. I just have this”, he hold the swing.

Naeun can’t say anything. She feels pity for him. Even though she had a cold and strength father but he shows his cares for his daughters, somehow she felt frustration with her dad but at least he never abandoned them.

“But even he treated us like this, leaved us without a word. Every time I miss him, or have hard time and when I was accepted in Medical school, I always come here. And every Christmas day, I always go there, the one of restaurant I brought you at Christmas day, just that only memories I have”.

Naeun moves closer to sit beside him, looking towards him while holding his hand, “After all he is your father, no matter how bad he is, his blood still flows in you, your logic said to hate him but your heart said the opposite. So don’t force or deny it, just accept it”.

Taemin nearly touch with her words, all this time he forced himself to hate him, blame him for everything. He act stronger, just want to show to his Mom and sister, he is okay. But without their knowing, he is already broken inside.

“I know that feeling Oppa”, she paused, “everything not easy to me too, Dad has rule that we must follow everything he said, without compromised. At first I thought it’s really frustrating but what should I do, he is my father”.

She continues, “And if I didn’t listen what he said, maybe I never met you Oppa”.

“Why?”.

“At first the path that I want was not to be a dentist, I prefer literature or art major. And if he didn’t force me in that day, perhaps I never fall in love with you”. Naeun smirked at him.

“I don’t understand it”, he said.

She blushes as she says, “actually…I already meet you five years ago”.   

 “Oh…when?”.

Naeun tells him, she met him on Christmas tree near her house.

“I don’t understand why women fall in love with me at the first sight”, he said jokingly.

“Oppa!…”, she punched his shoulder due to shyness.

“But it’s okay if it was you”, he said as he look straight at her eyes with lovely gaze.

Naeun suddenly feels her heart beat fast; she smiles as she bent her head down. His straightforward words always makes her crazy.

“Naeunah…”.

“ngg..”, she looked at him.

“In the future, maybe we will face more situations like this or have a fight again but it doesn’t mean my love to you seems less or I hate you, no. So, let’s we solve it instead runaway from it”.

She nods as she links her arms to him while laid her head on his shoulder, “and I hope you never give up on me even I always make you frustration”.

He chuckles, “Yeah..I thought I need forever to completely understands you”, he bent down his head in order to look at her eyes.

“So, do it forever”, she said as she looked at his eyes.

While they made eyes contact, he began to press himself against her as his lips captures hers in hot and passionate kiss. His arms tightened around her instantly as he felt it; the energy that they shared, had always shared. He groaned and slanted his mouth over hers, his tongue moving out to lips open and then when they did, sinking into her warm, wet, welcoming mouth.

His lips now moving down into her jaw, then kissing down to her neck. A sudden he saw her bra strap reveals on her shoulder. He even got courageous to slid his fingers under her bra strap and pull it off her shoulder.

Naeun gasped and groaned at the unexpected touch, “Oppa…”.

“mmhh…”, he said between kiss her shoulder.

“I think I am not ready yet for this, I’m sorry…”, she said.

Taemin stops his track as he looks at her, “No, I’m the one who should say sorry. I can’t control myself, I’m sorry”, he said as he fixed her messy clothes and tighten her coat.

She holds his hand and said, “Its okay oppa”, she stares at him lovingly.

“We’ll take this slow, we can go as slow as you want”, he said.

She nods, “ngg…I’ll trust you, no matter what happens between us and hope our relationship to be more strengthened than before”.

“That’s for sure, sweetheart”, he slowly lean in kiss her forehead, her nose and end up pressing his lips against hers once again.

 

 

***

 

When they are about to go from that house suddenly snow fall hard and it’s already dark.

“Hope there wouldn’t traffic or a snowslide”, Taemin said as he started the car machine.

“Yeah…I don’t want Dad angry because I’m back home too late”.

“Ah..Are you already tell about our relationship with your parent?”.

“Just to Mom, I don’t have a courage to tell Dad”.

“Why?”.

“I’m afraid with his reaction”.

“Do you think he will oppose us?”.

“I don’t know”.

“Mm…I think he will accept us. From what I see, I have a good qualification as his son in law”.

Naeun suddenly blush as she holds her cheeks. She never thought he would consider marrying her, “Why do you have confidence about that?”, she questioned him.

“Haha…actually I don’t, but I feel your father don’t hate me”.

“Yeah…even he never talks until that long with me or Saeun”.

“Who is Saeun?”.

“My one and only sister, I think she has same age with your sister”.

“With Soo jungie? So she is a high school student, right?”.

“Yes, she will graduate next year”.

Taemin slows his car as he sees the road become crowd, “huh…traffic” then suddenly he stops his car as he follows the upfront car.

“Why it suddenly stop?”, she asked.

“I don’t know, maybe there is a snowslide, if it really happen, I think we can’t go back to Seoul tonight”.

“Really?”, Naeun gave him a worried face.

 

***

 

Eunji tried to solve her problem with Jun Myeon by meet him in his café without contacted him first, she came since morning. But when she reached at his restaurant she pauses as she looks something she hate to admit.

From transparent glass window, she sees, Jun Myeon stares Naeun from a far, she little inconvenient with it. She stands there for long until she saw Taemin come then hug Naeun.

A strange feeling she felt as Jun Myeon followed their move with his eyes until Taemin and Naeun out from his café. Jun Myeon startled as he saw Eunji stared him from the outside

She entered and approach him, “since when you are here?”, he asked her while prepare a coffee.

“since long time ago as I saw everything”, Eunji said timidly.

“What did you saw? Why are you sound angry or something?”.

“I am not angry”.

“Okay…let’s we talk in my office”, Jun Myeon put the coffee then he walks to his office room followed by Eunji from behind.

“Are you still in love with her?”, Eunji said as soon as she in his office.

“Her? Who do you mean?”, he confused.

She takes a deep breath, “Naeun…”.

 

 

 

1. Enthomophobia : (also known as insectophobia) is a specific phobia of one or more classes of insect.

 

 

 

credit to Zaradeamor for edit my grammar and help me write that part, hehe...

please comment about this chapter^^

Happy reading guys!